MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Any of our tourney players going to do the Frederick City Am this year?

http://clusteredspir...derick-city-am/

I know you've been kicking it around as a great event for a couple years and I'm always intrigued. If it wasnt for the fact that it was in Fredrick and I'd have to spent a couple nights in the Motel 6 - it sounds like it draws a good crowd.

Never played the course but I'm also intrigued because except for the Championship Flight they are playing from the white tees (6200).

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

I know you've been kicking it around as a great event for a couple years and I'm always intrigued. If it wasnt for the fact that it was in Fredrick and I'd have to spent a couple nights in the Motel 6 - it sounds like it draws a good crowd.

Never played the course but I'm also intrigued because except for the Championship Flight they are playing from the white tees (6200).

It's a solid event. Championship flight brings out some good sticks. Last year two guys went to a playoff at -8 two-day totals. The first flight usually ends up somewhere around even par.

It's a solid event. Championship flight brings out some good sticks. Last year two guys went to a playoff at -8 two-day totals. The first flight usually ends up somewhere around even par.

$25 on GolfNow to play after 4pm weekdays. Might have to get up there sometime in the near future to check it out.

Tex, can you call for me and see if its OK that I walk?

Here's some video I took of Monte hitting driver on the course, yesterday. I think the down-the-line swing was the hole where Goose out drove him.

no video of goose or sully or yourself? no pics? your tiger mother would be so disappointed in you.

Not really before and after, since I'm still working on it. But here's two crappy pics from today, both at the very top of the backswing. Can't get good video at EPP since it's covered and dark. The left is a new/good backswing and the right is a old/bad backswing. Not perfect since it's two different clubs, but it shows my problems. The good one isn't great, but it's an improvement. I'm still bending over a bit there, but the wrist set is better.

My 3 things I'm working on are:

1) Get some actual vertical wrist set, which gets my arm less low on my chest.

2) Setup has my armpits over my toes when it should be more like over my knees and balls of the feet.

3) I'm bending over in the backswing (head low on the "bad" swing because I did that). Feels like I'm standing up when I do it right, but it's a perfect turn.

Here's some video I took of Monte hitting driver on the course, yesterday. I think the down-the-line swing was the hole where Goose out drove him.

no video of goose or sully or yourself? no pics? your tiger mother would be so disappointed in you.

Not really before and after, since I'm still working on it. But here's two crappy pics from today, both at the very top of the backswing. Can't get good video at EPP since it's covered and dark AND I BURST INTO FLAMES IN SUNLIGHT SO I CANNOT USE THE UNCOVERED AND SUNLIT UPPER DECK. The left is a new/good backswing and the right is a old/bad backswing. Not perfect since it's two different clubs, but it shows my problems. The good one isn't great, but it's an improvement. I'm still bending over a bit there, but the wrist set is better.

Does this mean Sully is going to start hitting it out of his own shadow?

this was really mean. hilarious, but really mean. i laughed pretty hard tho, so i'm as terrible a person as you.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

$25 on GolfNow to play after 4pm weekdays. Might have to get up there sometime in the near future to check it out.

Tex, can you call for me and see if its OK that I walk?

If you are in reasonable shape, you'll be fine to walk. I bet you could even take a clicgear since I remember City and Goose-SMASH walked during the CC.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Not really before and after, since I'm still working on it. But here's two crappy pics from today, both at the very top of the backswing. Can't get good video at EPP since it's covered and dark. The left is a new/good backswing and the right is a old/bad backswing. Not perfect since it's two different clubs, but it shows my problems. The good one isn't great, but it's an improvement. I'm still bending over a bit there, but the wrist set is better.

My 3 things I'm working on are:

1) Get some actual vertical wrist set, which gets my arm less low on my chest.

2) Setup has my armpits over my toes when it should be more like over my knees and balls of the feet.

3) I'm bending over in the backswing (head low on the "bad" swing because I did that). Feels like I'm standing up when I do it right, but it's a perfect turn.

68517506.jpg

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Not really before and after, since I'm still working on it. But here's two crappy pics from today, both at the very top of the backswing. Can't get good video at EPP since it's covered and dark AND I BURST INTO FLAMES IN SUNLIGHT SO I CANNOT USE THE UNCOVERED AND SUNLIT UPPER DECK. The left is a new/good backswing and the right is a old/bad backswing. Not perfect since it's two different clubs, but it shows my problems. The good one isn't great, but it's an improvement. I'm still bending over a bit there, but the wrist set is better.

Sully lies re: EPP. God I'm so glad I took the time to select music from the free license library on youtube.

[media=]

[/media]

Small changes, but better. More synced up and a little better hip turn. No "squatting" in the backswing. Slight push on this ball, I aimed a little right too. The flush ones are almost a full club longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvvv0eUicqk&feature=youtu.be

Edit: found a better video

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I'm in FL visiting my mom and grandmother. My wife, daughter, myself, twin sister, older sister, bro in law, their 2 sons, including an infant, mom, and grandmother are in a 1000 sqft house. My gma feels like 81* is cool. It's in a large retirement community with nothing around. The pool is a geriatric cesspool. It is hell.

The one crowning achievement is the golf course.

We flew in around noon yesterday. Teed off at 3. It was miserably hot in the moist 90* coming from the monsoon 60s. Played pretty well, made a little change with the driver and have been pounding it down here, but it's pretty open as well. The course has devolved into some horrific goat trail with giant grass less patches in the rough, fairway, and greens. Just crusty dirt and sand. I was so sad. I posted somewhere south of 80 but there was a bunch of rolling, moving, etc to get into a playable area.

Teed off again this morning at a separate course. It was a solid $23 and it was awesome. Great layout, excellent bunkering fairway-green. Grass was lush with solid turf underneath which I haven't played yet in MD this year. Beat the heat getting out early and knocking the dew off. Posted another solid round of 79 which included 3 bogeys in the last 5.

For the fun part. I did not fly my clubs down. My BIL has a decent set and I figured I'd rent something if we couldn't play out of one bag. Well he just bought a set of RSIs. 5-pw. I have never ever ever hit clubs as long as the RSIs. It was stupid. I literally did not have a full club between 110-150 yds which was problematic because we played short courses (BIL is a great guy, terrible golfer). The 4 par 5s today were carded as 450, 447, 480, 5ish. I hit driver on all then my seconds played as pw, pw, 9i, 7i. It was fun, but stupid at the same time. It is hot and hard (take the opportunity) but those clubs are 3 clubs longer than anything I've played. I know the degree and length and blah blah, but it still feels awesome. For two rounds at least.

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Great mens league match tonight, won 4&2 and it probably wasnt that close. Shot 36 (+1) with 12 putts, 3/5 scrambling and 2 birdies. Hit a 7 iron on our last par 3 to a foot to close out the match. Its usually a bummer to be the one guy not getting strokes in the match, tonight it was awesome.

The Ping LS TEC driver is quickly on its way out. Spent some more time on the range with it - hate everything about it. Its going nowhere near the bag.

Unbelievable weather out there - hope you guys got out to enjoy it.

Sigh. Lost a league match today at Needwood. My partner tied the first hole with par, then the bad guys won 4 in a row. On of them parred the first 5 holes. We were dormie after that. I did win #6 and #7 to keep the match alive, but that same guy won #8 with a birdie. His 9 hole handicap is a 6, and he was 1 over par through 8.

I played pretty poorly, especially at the beginning. Too many new changes to my game. I am getting better at not sliding my hips, but a side effect is that I can thin the ball some times. Monte pointed out that my arms were not extended before, and now I'm a bit farther away from the ball. Just need to get my elbows in to straighten the arms.

The new Monte way of pitching is going to require some practice. Gotta get used to the distances.

Had a great match at Bristow tonight in league finally after all that rain and no playing. Brother in law came in clutch on the second to final hole and stuck a 5 iron from the rough on #2 to 10 feet ended with par and then scrambled on the final hole #3 for a par to secure his side.

I have been working on my swing and mechanics all offseason and really like where my swing feels right now, so tonight was simply focusing on one shot at a time, trusting my swing and just enjoying being out and some competition. I sprayed a bit off the tee but nothing too far off line but the approach shots were on target. I carded a +1 37 and had my match done by the 5th hole and I was super pumped about it. I'm digging our mojo out there so far and am looking toward the rest of the summer competing with him.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Love the league recaps, guys. Nice shooting.

I have a love-hate relationship with leagues. Not in one for the second straight year. I've been in 3 separate ones over the last 8 years or so.

Miss it in some ways but not others.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Love the league recaps, guys. Nice shooting.

I have a love-hate relationship with leagues. Not in one for the second straight year. I've been in 3 separate ones over the last 8 years or so.

Miss it in some ways but not others.

I do it because it's a good price and consistent way to play weekly. Like you said, there are a handful of quirks that bother me.....like tonight I was giving 16 strokes on 9 holes......but it's what it is. That's why my brother in law had a dogfight on his hand, giving a guy 10 strokes on 9, and the guy ends up shooting 46..makes it hard sometimes when they play well above their hcs. Other than that and the always complaining few guys.....it works out and is a good time.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Cannot believe the absolute Word not allowed kicking OKC has put on the Warriors the past two games. Westbrook was nuts tonight, but what is even more impressive is their D. Amazing how much ground they cover when Russ, Durant, and Ibaka are out there. Has really impacted the Warriors offense, including Steph.

No real dog in the fight, but really just wishing the games were closer.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

Cannot believe the absolute Word not allowed kicking OKC has put on the Warriors the past two games. Westbrook was nuts tonight, but what is even more impressive is their D. Amazing how much ground they cover when Russ, Durant, and Ibaka are out there. Has really impacted the Warriors offense, including Steph.

i was on the road and didn't turn it on until the 4th. Looks like an a** kicking.

After those last couple Spurs-OKC games, I kind of felt like maybe they were figuring it out, but I didn't see this coming.

Will be VERY interesting if GS wins next one at home (which I think they will) and has it close in the 4th quarter at OKC. Could be an epic comeback in this one or GSW goes quietly. For all the crap Donavan has taken this year, hes about to posterize Pop and Kerr.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

i was on the road and didn't turn it on until the 4th. Looks like an a** kicking.

After those last couple Spurs-OKC games, I kind of felt like maybe they were figuring it out, but I didn't see this coming.

Will be VERY interesting if GS wins next one at home (which I think they will) and has it close in the 4th quarter at OKC. Could be an epic comeback in this one or GSW goes quietly. For all the crap Donavan has taken this year, hes about to posterize Pop and Kerr.

Anyone worried about the Cavs?

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Gilbert Arenas put a 500K bet on the Cavs winning the title aHwile back. Also bet the over (220) on game 3 of the Warriors v OKC.

Obv, GA don't GAF.

Wish I had #datHibachimoney to play with.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/20385-gilbert-arenas-bets-500-000-on-cavs-gives-betting-advice-on-warriors-thunder-series

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Gilbert Arenas put a 500K bet on the Cavs winning the title aHwile back. Also bet the over (220) on game 3 of the Warriors v OKC.

Obv, GA don't GAF.

Wish I had #datHibachimoney to play with.

http://www.cardplaye...-thunder-series

"GOOD LUCK…and heres my disclaimer…if im wrong, why the hell u taking advice from a guy who brung a gun to work (obviously im a moron) hahaha.”"

Gilbert brings up a good point.