Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Hello Chicagoans, not sure this if this is fully allowed here, but I am looking to sell my back up golf bag. Would rather sell to someone local, because of cause of shipping. It is a titleist lightweight 14 way stand bag. Looking to get $110. Not a lot of play, in really good shape. Just don't need it anymore. Can't upload my own pics for some reason, but here is a stock photo of the exact bag and can email actual photos. titleist_14_way_lightweight_stand_bag_2014_red_charcoal_royal.jpg

Heading over to Riviera Maya on Tuesday and contemplating whether to take my clubs with. Anyone played the Riviera Maya Golf Club (part of Bahia Principe resort)? It's like $80 if you stay at the resort... Figured while the family does some kind of excursion, I could get a quick round in.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Hello Chicagoans, not sure this if this is fully allowed here, but I am looking to sell my back up golf bag. Would rather sell to someone local, because of cause of shipping. It is a titleist lightweight 14 way stand bag. Looking to get $110. Not a lot of play, in really good shape. Just don't need it anymore. Can't upload my own pics for some reason, but here is a stock photo of the exact bag and can email actual photos. titleist_14_way_lightweight_stand_bag_2014_red_charcoal_royal.jpg

Maybe a Cubs fan with a preference for Titleist will jump on this.

I put 3 new Callaway MD3 wedges into play for the first time, and they were excellent. I went with the W grind on the 56 and 60 for a bit more forgiveness in the soft conditions, and they worked perfectly. 'Never felt one dig at any time. They're heavier than my old Cleveland RTX's, which were too light for my liking. The MD3's felt stable through the shots.

I put mine into play in my first round last month when I got out. I definitely need some work on them, because every time I tried an chip/pitch around the green with the W grind (54° for me), I had iffy contact. Felt much better with the S/C grinds I have in my other two wedges. Might be possibly looking to go different grind for my SW, but definitely waiting until the courses are in full growth/dry, and I have had some time to get back into the season. They are definitely a solid wedge though.

I should have a cubs logo sewn on, that might be a game changer!

Heading over to Riviera Maya on Tuesday and contemplating whether to take my clubs with. Anyone played the Riviera Maya Golf Club (part of Bahia Principe resort)? It's like $80 if you stay at the resort... Figured while the family does some kind of excursion, I could get a quick round in.

If it was only one round I'd simply rent. The weather looks fantastic right now.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

If it was only one round I'd simply rent. The weather looks fantastic right now.

I guess I could, but there are some reports about the rental clubs being rather crappy/mismatched. Besides, we're flying Southwest, so the clubs fly free.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

I guess I could, but there are some reports about the rental clubs being rather crappy/mismatched. Besides, we're flying Southwest, so the clubs fly free.

I would try to call them and ask specifically what they rent. I went to the Dominican Republic last year and played at Jacks course there. On the website they stated "Callaway clubs". Based on that and it being on Hard Rock's property i decided to rent clubs. They had Callaway irons original x hots, all clubs were A flex and looked like they had found the wood/ putter on the course and started renting them.

I stayed at Fairmont Mayakoba a few years ago with my wife (before kids) and didn't bring my clubs. Every fall when the tour stops there I think back and kick myself for not bringing my sticks and playing.

TaylorMade M2 9° Fujikuri Pro Stiff
Ping I3 2-PW Blue
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 52°
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 56°
Ping Karsten Ally i Putter

I stayed at Fairmont Mayakoba a few years ago with my wife (before kids) and didn't bring my clubs. Every fall when the tour stops there I think back and kick myself for not bringing my sticks and playing.

I do the same about not taking my clubs to Hawaii. Take the clubs...

I put 3 new Callaway MD3 wedges into play for the first time, and they were excellent. I went with the W grind on the 56 and 60 for a bit more forgiveness in the soft conditions, and they worked perfectly. 'Never felt one dig at any time. They're heavier than my old Cleveland RTX's, which were too light for my liking. The MD3's felt stable through the shots.

I put mine into play in my first round last month when I got out. I definitely need some work on them, because every time I tried an chip/pitch around the green with the W grind (54° for me), I had iffy contact. Felt much better with the S/C grinds I have in my other two wedges. Might be possibly looking to go different grind for my SW, but definitely waiting until the courses are in full growth/dry, and I have had some time to get back into the season. They are definitely a solid wedge though.

Are you generally a sweeper, or a digger? The W grind is intended for steeper swings. I used to be a sweeper, but it seems I've gotten a bit steeper over the past few years. It got to the point were I was a bit hesitant to use my low/mid bounce 60 in wet conditions. These are my first wide sole wedges.

I thought they were a bit clicky, but then again it seems that every cast wedge is clicky to me, included the Vokey's and RTX's. Still, the results were excellent.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Go W SOX!

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

Just got back from RTJ trail... Amazing value.

Booked all 3 Capital Hill courses for days 1 and 2, then drove up to Birmingham to play Oxmoor Valley/Ridge and the last day at Ross Bridge before heading home.

Long story short, I got sick on days 1 and 2. 103* fever, aches and chills. Had to go to visit an urgent care clinic where they gave me an antibiotic injection and a steroid injection.

I was well enough to play 3 of the 6 rounds. FML.

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Just got back from RTJ trail... Amazing value.

Booked all 3 Capital Hill courses for days 1 and 2, then drove up to Birmingham to play Oxmoor Valley/Ridge and the last day at Ross Bridge before heading home.

Long story short, I got sick on days 1 and 2. 103* fever, aches and chills. Had to go to visit an urgent care clinic where they gave me an antibiotic injection and a steroid injection.

I was well enough to play 3 of the 6 rounds. FML.

Nooooooooooooooooooo...so you have illegal equipment and now you admit you're on steroids???? Give us a chance JMoney.

Oh no, tough break bud

Thanks man.

I mean I was looking at flights after the first day. I haven't been sick like that in a long time...

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

First round of the year tomorrow at GDN. New sticks better behave!

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Saturday looks like a last minute decision based on the weather. It looks like a 60% chance of rain through most of the day. I looked at a number of courses, and they look fairly open. I guess most folks are hesitant.

Saturday looks like a last minute decision based on the weather. It looks like a 60% chance of rain through most of the day. I looked at a number of courses, and they look fairly open. I guess most folks are hesitant.

Probably be different if it was the end of fall rather than the end of winter. I am in no hurry to get out for my first round of the year.

Round one at Riviera Maya GC in the books. Did bring the sticks with me, but forgot to pack my game. Wound up booking 3 rounds for $230. Course is in great condition, but you better hit it straight. The jungle is very unforgiving. I hope I don't run out of balls?. Got paired up with a French Canadian and finished in just under 3 hours- just the way I like it!

72 and sunny tomorrow means I'll be playing somewhere after work. I'm thinking Winnetka or Steeple Chase. Working in education is a great way to play weekday golf and with a suspect-looking weekend forecast I'll be lucky to get in 18 holes on Sunday.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Just got in from 18 at Mt Prospect. Course was in decent shape (first day it is open). Seems I showed some promise for a better year, though still not a spectacular round. Signs of better things (I hope), from the hours upon hours I have watched Youtube this past winter. Now, if I can just find the time to actually practice....

I'm hoping to hit a token of balls at the range before my MRI tonight. I haven't really swung since my surgery, but things are feeling good...Knock on wood. Spring break starts at 3:20 although the weather doesn't look great for the next week. I'm hoping to get a few 9 hole rounds in over break to get back in the swing of things!

Nice man!!! I'm about to tee off at poplar and it looks pretty packed... practice green is super slow because of the sand but conditions and weather are so nice!

Yea, they were still top dressed with sand when I went there last month during one of the warm weekends. Still rolled pretty true though. Had I known you were going to be going there, I would have went (assuming you werent already in a 4some hah).

I just finished 18 at Wilmette GC. Today was this first day they were open and it was walking only. A couple of spots in the rough were spongy and I had a lot of mud balls but the course was in pretty good shape. There isn't much cart path there so it's a good thing they weren't allowing carts out. Wilmette is the course closest to where I work not named Robert Black, Tam O, or Chick Evans so I'm really happy they finally opened. It was a weird round in that it was 80 degrees on the first tee and 42 degrees when I walked off 18. Pretty good ball striking and great putting and chipping. 75.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II