2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

I was looking at TPC just because they will have the grandstands up and whatnot during that time. They want close to $400 dollars to play it! Unreal for an average course.

Yeah, it an above average layout, and certainly not top 10. However, it's pretty cool to play with the grandstands up. I played a few weeks before the Waste Management last year, and the conditions were superb. I don't believe I paid $400, though. I may have gotten a discount because I played as a single, and filled out a foursome.

It looks awesome like that. I may look into trying to find a deal.

How far ahead was that this before the tournament?

I played it two weeks before the tournament. It was cart path only, but I was the 2nd group out in the morning, so it wasn't bad. We had an excellent forecaddie, and he kept things moving along.

20180114_104622s.jpg

I may book their first reduced afternoon rate. That set up may make it worth the $260. Sunset it 5:50, tee time is 1:20, is it notoriously slow?

Not sure about pace later in the day. I would expect the course to be filled with better players at that rate. Unlike Pebble Beach, it's not a photographer's delight, so slowdowns due to picture taking should be minimized. I believe they'll have a forecaddie if it's cart path only, and that should help keep things moving.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Played Pebble Beach today.....at Mistwood Dome. Shot -4. Golf sure is easy when your ball isn't affected by rough and rolls through bunkers! ��. But still hit the ball better than expected. Getting new clubs in tomorrow, taylormade p790s.

How long does it take to play a full round?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Played Pebble Beach today.....at Mistwood Dome. Shot -4. Golf sure is easy when your ball isn't affected by rough and rolls through bunkers! ��. But still hit the ball better than expected. Getting new clubs in tomorrow, taylormade p790s.

... If you are not a typical WRX 325 yd driver of the ball and find MB's are the only clubs you can score with because you will have phantom 25 yd fliers from the middle of the fairway with cb's, I think you will love the P790's. I have played too many iron sets to count but well over 50 and these are the best all round irons I hav ever played. I review clubs so I switch irons every year and sometimes a few times during the year but I have been playing my P790's for 1.5 seasons now and have no interest in playing anything else. Ymmv of course ...

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

How long does it take to play a full round?

Well, I played with a buddy who shot +20, so it slowed us down a bit. But about an hour.

... If you are not a typical WRX 325 yd driver of the ball and find MB's are the only clubs you can score with because you will have phantom 25 yd fliers from the middle of the fairway with cb's, I think you will love the P790's. I have played too many iron sets to count but well over 50 and these are the best all round irons I hav ever played. I review clubs so I switch irons every year and sometimes a few times during the year but I have been playing my P790's for 1.5 seasons now and have no interest in playing anything else. Ymmv of course ...

Haha, right. I am not that person. But I started out playing golf with handed down blades, then AP2s for the majority of my "career." Most recently iBlades. I don't think I play well enough that I should be gaming blades, but I had a lot of trouble playing anything much thicker. The look of it really bothers me, and affects my game, it is obviously mental. The p790s were a great option as they look like a players club but give you more forgiveness I believe, and distance. I am excited to play them.

... The MB zealots are just ridiculous on WRX. I am right there with you as I cannot play thick soles and toplines ether but there are a ton of really nice Players Cb's out there. I have close to 300 rounds with my 790's and I have never experienced a mythical flier, yet those same self proclaimed studs have them all the time and are forced to go back to there MB's that have "much better distance control". I love the thread on here about what clubs do players that shoot under par use because it shows really good players use just about anything, including SGI's if they suit their swings.

... The MB zealots are just ridiculous on WRX. I am right there with you as I cannot play thick soles and toplines ether but there are a ton of really nice Players Cb's out there. I have close to 300 rounds with my 790's and I have never experienced a mythical flier, yet those same self proclaimed studs have them all the time and are forced to go back to there MB's that have "much better distance control". I love the thread on here about what clubs do players that shoot under par use because it shows really good players use just about anything, including SGI's if they suit their swings.

I got my p790s in black today and have a problem. They are way too good looking to hit! What a pretty club.

Not sure about pace later in the day. I would expect the course to be filled with better players at that rate. Unlike Pebble Beach, it's not a photographer's delight, so slowdowns due to picture taking should be minimized. I believe they'll have a forecaddie if it's cart path only, and that should help keep things moving.

Is the course not set up for walking?

thought I had a chance of getting out this weekend.

came home today and heard,

"We're signed up for a seminar at our daughter in law's company - nine thirty Saturday morning, she needs more seats filled.

and they're coming for dinner at five. pick up a ham on your way home from work Friday and make sure the house looks good."

what could I say ?

feel a bit less guilty about that box of vintage Pings that's going to arrive shortly.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

Is the course not set up for walking?

It's an easy walk given that it's more or less flat, but I don't recall seeing any walkers. I believe you can book a caddie, so walking isn't forbidden.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Hmmm...you can play Fox Bend on Saturday for $14.00 or get a Hot Deal from Golf Now for the low low price of...

Hot Deals at Fox Bend Golf Course

11:25 AM

$150

Up to 613 pts

11:33 AM

$57

Up to 241 pts

11:41 AM

$57

Decisions, decisions.

trade you for a ham sandwich ?

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

The 3rd at Ponte Vedre Inn and Club (Lagoon)

20181213_072227.jpg

Gonna have some fun out at TopGolf Naperville this morning to take advantage of their $15 unlimited weekday morning play.

Before anyone gets their panties in a bundle, I know it’s not close to real golf/practice. Just a fun change of pace to get some swings in and catch up with a buddy.

Gonna have some fun out at TopGolf Naperville this morning to take advantage of their $15 unlimited weekday morning play.

Before anyone gets their panties in a bundle, I know it’s not close to real golf/practice. Just a fun change of pace to get some swings in and catch up with a buddy.

Didn't know that was a deal. That is awesome price. I love topgolf, I don't get people that hate on it. Most likely it is because it is expensive. Balls are a little limited on flight distance but other than that you are still getting swings in. Plus their heaters work extremely well.

Didn't know that was a deal. That is awesome price. I love topgolf, I don't get people that hate on it. Most likely it is because it is expensive. Balls are a little limited on flight distance but other than that you are still getting swings in. Plus their heaters work extremely well.

Yeah, it’s a great deal when you consider it’s normally $25/hr. It makes it way more feasible to justify.

Just wrapped up the session and had a blast. Highly recommend as long as you can accept it for what it is. Although it took some initial adjustment, a few good reference swings with an iron helped me quickly figure out the yardage differences so we could compensate for the reduced flight balls.

For anyone who hasn’t done the rough math, my yardages today (from the second deck) indicate that their balls travel about 20% shorter than game balls on full shots, while partial iron shots to the first 3 targets (25, 50 and 90 yds) played pretty close to their indicated yardages. So they were less affected by the balls. To gauge true distance, I shot the flags with a laser with slope so we could get reliable numbers.

Good fun, and great value for the money based on the current promo pricing.

Stadium 17th

20181214_105540.jpg

Yeah, it’s a great deal when you consider it’s normally $25/hr. It makes it way more feasible to justify.

Just wrapped up the session and had a blast. Highly recommend as long as you can accept it for what it is. Although it took some initial adjustment, a few good reference swings with an iron helped me quickly figure out the yardage differences so we could compensate for the reduced flight balls.

For anyone who hasn’t done the rough math, my yardages today (from the second deck) indicate that their balls travel about 20% shorter than game balls on full shots, while partial iron shots to the first 3 targets (25, 50 and 90 yds) played pretty close to their indicated yardages. So they were less affected by the balls. To gauge true distance, I shot the flags with a laser with slope so we could get reliable numbers.

Good fun, and great value for the money based on the current promo pricing.

I played in a league this past fall there. I had only gone once before, but we figured it out pretty well over 8 weeks. I'll definitely use this deal soon. I paid 13$ to hit crappy balls at cantigny for 30 minutes today.

Stadium 17th

Green looks a lot smaller than on TV.

knowing what goes thru my mind at the tee...,

'splish-splash, I was taking a bath'

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

The green is actually fairly large given that one is hitting a PW or 9i. Totally messes with the mind.

The tee shot on the 18th is more intimidating.

20181214_110832.jpg

The green is actually fairly large given that one is hitting a PW or 9i. Totally messes with the mind.

20181214_110832.jpg

First time playing sawgrass? I'm sure you'll have a review up. Thoughts though? It is a course I really forget about but will have to play at some point.

FYI...Springbrook has reopened for the weekend...walking only, $20.00.

I really want to try to get out to Springbrook this weekend, but it’ll probably be dig, clean and place in the soggy fairways. If anyone plays out there Saturday, please provide a scouting report on the wetness of the fairways.

First time playing sawgrass? I'm sure you'll have a review up. Thoughts though? It is a course I really forget about but will have to play at some point.

Yeah, first time. My trip report is in the Florida subsection.

... I never pay attention to water and where I don't want to hit the ball. I focus on where I want to hit the ball. But the first time I played an island green at TPC Southwinds, all I saw was the water. So yea, it totally messes with your mind.

... I never pay attention to water and where I don't want to hit the ball. I focus on where I want to hit the ball. But the first time I played an island green at TPC Southwinds, all I saw was the water. So yea, it totally messes with your mind.

I see every window, car, pedestrian, water, tree etc in range the second I get on to a tee box, results very lol.