2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

What a difference a year makes... Cantigny last year on Dec 3.

Nice photo, which hole is that at Cantigny?

If I had to guess, I'd choose, #7 Woodside (par 5), but I don't feel very confident about that.

Thanks. I believe you are right, the next picture on my phone is the par 3 8th, so that would make sense. But I am not 100%

That was my guess as well going by the mounding and falloff on both sides of the fairway. I've always hated that hole, nothing like a par 5 with a 90* dogleg at the end.

V are you facing Seasonal Affective Disorder already? It's only Dec 3 young man.

I've been in that for a month already...

Sorry, not a fan of that hole at the green. If you're in any spot other than the corner you've got an approach over trees and basically have to cross your fingers you get through them.

What a difference a year makes... Cantigny last year on Dec 3.

Yeah, on Dec. 3 a couple years back BMan and I played HOE in full sun and carts and weren't the slightest bit cold. Crazy

Oh yeah. The bourbon-infused beer certainly helped too.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Looks like Mistwood is matching Club Champions’ 50% off full bag fitting. Even though I don’t need/want new clubs, I’ve always wanted to do one of these fittings just to see how my budget/old bag compares to the latest, greatest.

Maybe one of these days...

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Anyone played Panther Creek down in Springfield? Looks like they have a web.com event down there this year. Ivanhoe lost their event. Seems it shifted to the Glen Club with Evans Scholars as the sponsor.

fantastic news. May 20-26. a short drive (pardon the pun) from home.

I'm on the WGA/ESF email list. will sign up to work this one.

thanks DH.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

... An FYI for Chicago folks that my role as Dr Applebaum on Chicago P.D. airs Wednesday night. :mug: Pretty much right at the start of the episode and although you can't see my clubs in the scene, rest assured they are there.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

... An FYI for Chicago folks that my role as Dr Applebaum on Chicago P.D. airs Wednesday night. :mug: Pretty much right at the start of the episode and although you can't see my clubs in the scene, rest assured they are there.

Fixed that, Doctor.

C-PD-chisag.jpg

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

... LOL, nice fix.

... Not sure this helps, but I have sold a ton of stuff in the WRX classifieds. Everything has gone very smoothly.

... Not sure this helps, but I have sold a ton of stuff in the WRX classifieds. Everything has gone very smoothly.

Yea, I mean it looks to be run well. My worry is, if you were to get a payment for a grand what's stopping you from then deleting your accounts and never be heard from again. I don't use paypal a ton unless it is on an actual store, I am assuming they have some protection. I'll look into it more. Thanks!

... I don't think you get any protection form WRX but Paypl covers you. I would also just make sure the seller has been around awhile. Good luck.

... I don't think you get any protection form WRX but Paypl covers you. I would also just make sure the seller has been around awhile. Good luck.

Thanks, I got fleeced on a pair of playoff baseball tickets like 10 years ago by a scalper and haven't trusted anyone since! Lol. Looks like this guy has good/a lot of reviews though.

It's a bit of faith, but positive reviews definitely help. I'm a big Ebay user, and I avoid new sellers like the plague.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Anyone ever buy anything from the sales page on here? How are you protected if you have?

I've bought and sold plenty on here. For the most part you're safe, but I've run into several occasions where items aren't quite as good as described, or have an undisclosed flaw, or an extension in the shaft. Pay via regular PayPal, never gifted or Friends and Family, as you have no protection in those instances. If something isn't as described take it up with the seller but only once or twice have I had to message a seller about something being problematic. Being an educated buyer goes a long way, know the market price for it and what to look for regarding issues, fakes, tipping, etc and you'll be fine.

Yeah, what a horrible late fall. 2015 was the best. I got in 14 local rounds after October 31st. I got in 6 in 2016, 3 last year, and 4 this season. Pfffttt.

Last year was the never ending winter. I didn't realize it had started so early as well. Last year was almost my breaking point, I have a feeling this year gets me even closer.

... Last year I went to Orlando for 3 weeks at the end of Nov - Dec and came home for Christmas then went back for the PGA Show and stayed another 3 weeks. This year I am heading to Phoenix for the entire winter. This Chicago weather is just silly.

Where do you play in Phoenix? I have a trip to SF for work in January and was going to go a weekend early and drive down to pebble, but that isn't going to work out. So I may stop and play in Arizona instead. Desert golf is so unique, love the contrast. We-ko-pa is top 5 course for me.

I've played over 40 courses in the Phoenix area, including most of the top 10. The pair at We Ko Pa and Troon North are my favorites, but Southern Dunes, Sunridge Canyon, Eagle Mountain, Grayhawk, Boulders, Wickenburg Ranch, and Quintero are worth a round or two.

The contrast of desert golf is definitely the highlight.

I've played over 40 courses in the Phoenix area, including most of the top 10. The pair at We Ko Pa and Troon North are my favorites, but Southern Dunes, Sunridge Canyon, Eagle Mountain, Grayhawk, Boulders, Wickenburg Ranch, and Quintero are worth a round or two.

... I played every day for 6 weeks last spring and didn't play any of those. I tried to keep greens fees under $70 and played quite a bit for under $50. Since I wold be playing every day so no $100 courses for me but if I were going for a long weekend I would play the high end courses. My favorites and how many times I played them were The Legacy (6), Verrado Founders (5), Papago (5), Raven, Whirlwind Devils Claw, Estrella, Trilogy at Vistansia and Aka Chin. Courses I did not like were the Duke, Verrado Victory, Foothills, Las Sendes, Tonto Verde and Corta Bella. I had a chance to play Firerock CC and it was awesome.

... I played every day for 6 weeks last spring and didn't play any of those. I tried to keep greens fees under $70 and played quite a bit for under $50. Since I wold be playing every day so no $100 courses for me but if I were going for a long weekend I would play the high end courses. My favorites and how many times I played them were The Legacy (6), Verrado Founders (5), Papago (5), Raven, Whirlwind Devils Claw, Estrella, Trilogy at Vistansia and Aka Chin. Courses I did not like were the Duke, Verrado Victory, Foothills, Las Sendes, Tonto Verde and Corta Bella. I had a chance to play Firerock CC and it was awesome.

I was looking at TPC just because they will have the grandstands up and whatnot during that time. They want close to $400 dollars to play it! Unreal for an average course.

Yeah, what a horrible late fall. 2015 was the best. I got in 14 local rounds after October 31st. I got in 6 in 2016, 3 last year, and 4 this season. Pfffttt.

Last year was the never ending winter. I didn't realize it had started so early as well. Last year was almost my breaking point, I have a feeling this year gets me even closer.

... Last year I went to Orlando for 3 weeks at the end of Nov - Dec and came home for Christmas then went back for the PGA Show and stayed another 3 weeks. This year I am heading to Phoenix for the entire winter. This Chicago weather is just silly.

Where do you play in Phoenix? I have a trip to SF for work in January and was going to go a weekend early and drive down to pebble, but that isn't going to work out. So I may stop and play in Arizona instead. Desert golf is so unique, love the contrast. We-ko-pa is top 5 course for me.

If you haven't had the opportunity, Dinosaur Mountain is a personal fave...although the locals are less than enthused. Crappy range but 1-18 are awesome holes.

... I kept getting the recommendation for Dinosaur Mountain as a "must play" and it was quite few's favorite, but it was never under $149 and usually around $200 on the weekend. But I will probably play it this winter.

I was looking at TPC just because they will have the grandstands up and whatnot during that time. They want close to $400 dollars to play it! Unreal for an average course.

Yeah, it an above average layout, and certainly not top 10. However, it's pretty cool to play with the grandstands up. I played a few weeks before the Waste Management last year, and the conditions were superb. I don't believe I paid $400, though. I may have gotten a discount because I played as a single, and filled out a foursome.

20180114_120709s.jpg

20180114_122838s.jpg

Yeah, it an above average layout, and certainly not top 10. However, it's pretty cool to play with the grandstands up. I played a few weeks before the Waste Management last year, and the conditions were superb. I don't believe I paid $400, though. I may have gotten a discount because I played as a single, and filled out a foursome.

20180114_120709s.jpg

20180114_122838s.jpg

It looks awesome like that. I may look into trying to find a deal.

How far ahead was that this before the tournament?

It looks awesome like that. I may look into trying to find a deal.

How far ahead was that this before the tournament?

I played it two weeks before the tournament. It was cart path only, but I was the 2nd group out in the morning, so it wasn't bad. We had an excellent forecaddie, and he kept things moving along.

20180114_104622s.jpg