Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Friday afternoon looking good, as well as next Tue/Wed at this point. Hoping to squeeze a few more rounds in before it turns for good.

Anybody come across any killer Fall or all-you-can-play rates in the SW or W burbs?

Low 40s and windy... I must just not be cut out for this garbage you guys call "good" lol. I just don't have it in me, would rather just fly somewhere warm for a few days a couple times a winter.

... Right there with ya. Kinda like watching Chicago baseball in March with them wearing hoods under their uniforms and hitting and fielding looks like high school because they are too cold to be limber. I call golf in this weather "winter hiking with a stick".

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Friday afternoon looking good, as well as next Tue/Wed at this point. Hoping to squeeze a few more rounds in before it turns for good.

Anybody come across any killer Fall or all-you-can-play rates in the SW or W burbs?

Won't say it's killer but VNutz and I have played 45 holes at Bowes for a pretty reasonable fee.

Except of course for the 12 dozen balls I lost that day.

Yeah, I love the member for a day plan at Bowes. Played 54 there one day this summer, and that was after wasting an hour drinking cocktails in the clubhouse. I don't think that's a course I want to tackle when it's in the 40's, breezy and with leaves all over the place.

Played Seven Bridges for Winter rates ($50) last year and got to play all afternoon (I think we teed off around 1:00.). Almost got 36 in. Might be worth trying again if the tee sheet looks pretty open one afternoon.

Won't say it's killer but VNutz and I have played 45 holes at Bowes for a pretty reasonable fee.

Except of course for the 12 dozen balls I lost that day.

Yeah, I love the member for a day plan at Bowes. Played 54 there one day this summer, and that was after wasting an hour drinking cocktails in the clubhouse. I don't think that's a course I want to tackle when it's in the 40's, breezy and with leaves all over the place.

Played Seven Bridges for Winter rates ($50) last year and got to play all afternoon (I think we teed off around 1:00.). Almost got 36 in. Might be worth trying again if the tee sheet looks pretty open one afternoon.

I played Seven Bridges a couple times the past few weeks and they told me play as much I was I wanted to. I haven't seen anything advertised though.

Thought I would share this link:

https://www.forbes.c...-new-benchmark/

Damn! Mistwood really did it right in there. Looks like they're trying to make it a mini-TopGolf. Haven't hit the dome for a couple of winters, but I'll be making a few trips in this off-season.

40 degrees, hell yes. I love playing in these conditions. Key is, you got to walk (should be anyways, but that's another topic). Once you get the blood flowing, the body warms up very quickly. Plus, today's clothing is so much better at retaining heat while keeping movement restrictions to a minimum. The best part, the courses are empty. You play in 2.5 hours. No waiting. No 5 hour death marches. No watching the group in front shank two off the tee, or spend 10 minutes searching for a lost ball or my favorite, waiting for the green to clear on par 5 from 275+ out after 210 yard drive. None of that crap.

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

40 degrees, hell yes. I love playing in these conditions. Key is, you got to walk (should be anyways, but that's another topic). Once you get the blood flowing, the body warms up very quickly. Plus, today's clothing is so much better at retaining heat while keeping movement restrictions to a minimum. The best part, the courses are empty. You play in 2.5 hours. No waiting. No 5 hour death marches. No watching the group in front shank two off the tee, or spend 10 minutes searching for a lost ball or my favorite, waiting for the green to clear on par 5 from 275+ out after 210 yard drive. None of that crap.

I don't play weekend golf unless it is around 6pm. Play during the week, get the first couple tee times or last few and you don't deal with that crap. If I planned on living here longer I'd just join a private club and cut that out completely, unfortunately not looking to pay an initiation fee for a couple years of membership. Just my opinion, for me it isn't worth playing if it is in the low 40s.

We’ve seen a lot of stupid this year. Too much. Bring on mid-30s golf.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Low 40s and windy... I must just not be cut out for this garbage you guys call "good" lol. I just don't have it in me, would rather just fly somewhere warm for a few days a couple times a winter.

Yep, that's what I'm doing this weekend. Orlando here I come..

I am headed to Kiawah. Can't wait to get out of here already. Too early to be this cold.

With the snowbirds leaving town, it's time to once again update the list of courses open during the winter for those of us who prefer playing to, um, sitting on our @ss complaining.

Cog 1-3

St. Andrews

Jemsek Course

Sanctuary

Prairie Bluff

GDN

Whisper Creek

Highland Woods

Indian Boundary

The Champ

Deer Creek

Water's Edge (?)

Fresh Meadows

Not great but certainly decent, and Sanctuary for $20 all you can play remains my favorite deal. Please add on.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

With the snowbirds leaving town, it's time to once again update the list of courses open during the winter for those of us who prefer playing to, um, sitting on our @ss complaining.

Cog 1-3

St. Andrews

Jemsek Course

Sanctuary

Prairie Bluff

GDN

Whisper Creek

Highland Woods

Indian Boundary

The Champ

Deer Creek

Water's Edge (?)

Fresh Meadows

Not great but certainly decent, and Sanctuary for $20 all you can play remains my favorite deal. Please add on.

:cheesy: first time I've been called a snowbird, I am too young for that! lol

Anyone ever go to the PGA end of the year super sale? I got an email from Mckray about it. It is at Twin Orchard Country Club. Trying to decide if I want to check it out.

... Yea, I went and they have some really nice stuff at reduced prices. But not killer deals like the Balmoral sale used to have. So it depends on what you are looking for. Not a lot of club deals that are worth the drive, but again some really nice clothing at reduced prices. But you aren't gonna find say an $89 FootJoy shirt for $19, more like $39 to $49 kinda deals.

Cog 1-3

St. Andrews

Jemsek Course

Sanctuary

Prairie Bluff

GDN

Whisper Creek

Highland Woods

Indian Boundary

The Champ

Deer Creek

Water's Edge (?)

Fresh Meadows

Marengo Ridge is open year round.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

Anyone ever go to the PGA end of the year super sale? I got an email from Mckray about it. It is at Twin Orchard Country Club. Trying to decide if I want to check it out.

... Yea, I went and they have some really nice stuff at reduced prices. But not killer deals like the Balmoral sale used to have. So it depends on what you are looking for. Not a lot of club deals that are worth the drive, but again some really nice clothing at reduced prices. But you aren't gonna find say an $89 FootJoy shirt for $19, more like $39 to $49 kinda deals.

Ah, thanks! Might check it out to break up the work day. Maybe there will be some balls on sale. Only thing I really need right now.

Cog 1-3

St. Andrews

Jemsek Course

Sanctuary

Prairie Bluff

GDN

Whisper Creek

Highland Woods

Indian Boundary

The Champ

Deer Creek

Water's Edge (?)

Fresh Meadows

Thx for putting together the list. And great info on Sanctuary all you can play!

BTW, which course is GDN?

Cog 1-3

St. Andrews

Jemsek Course

Sanctuary

Prairie Bluff

GDN

Whisper Creek

Highland Woods

Indian Boundary

The Champ

Deer Creek

Water's Edge (?)

Fresh Meadows

Thx for putting together the list. And great info on Sanctuary all you can play!

BTW, which course is GDN?

George Dunne National. Also, I believe Glenwoodie, Tuckaway, Lincoln Oaks, and Longwood stay open all year.

In The Bag:

Epic Sub Zero 65 Gram Fujikura Pro
Epic Sub Zero 80 Gram Aldila rogue
816 H1 21 degree Motore Speeder 8.8
716 AP 2 4-PW TT DG AMT S400
SM6 50, 54, 58 Wedges
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0

White pines

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Chicago guys - I posted a query about my local CC vs. PGASS in another forum. Appreciate any input you guys may have: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1428140-club-champion-fitting/page__st__30__p__18168488__hl__+club%20+champion%20+willowbrook#entry18168488

Thanks!

**Also, let me know if it's uncool for me to point to other posts in this thread. I don't want to hijack or dilute it by posting different kind of topics here, but I value the input of my fellow Chicago guys and this is the one place I know to find you.

Chicago guys - I posted a query about my local CC vs. PGASS in another forum. Appreciate any input you guys may have: http://www.golfwrx.c...k#entry18168488

Thanks!

**Also, let me know if it's uncool for me to point to other posts in this thread. I don't want to hijack or dilute it by posting different kind of topics here, but I value the input of my fellow Chicago guys and this is the one place I know to find you.

I believe there is/was a guy who did fittings connected with the St. Andrews range. Did all the same stuff as Club Champion but you could hit outside and see ballflight, which IMO is important, as well as Trackman data. Green Grass Clubfitting I think. If you're really serious about being fit I'd go that route vs CC or PGASS.

No problem. My recommendation would be to skip the full bag fitting, or spread it over several days. I had a driver fitting at Cool Clubs a year ago, and I was completely spent by the end of the session. I can't imagine adding woods and irons to the agenda.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Chicago guys - I posted a query about my local CC vs. PGASS in another forum. Appreciate any input you guys may have: http://www.golfwrx.c...k#entry18168488

Thanks!

I believe there is/was a guy who did fittings connected with the St. Andrews range. Did all the same stuff as Club Champion but you could hit outside and see ballflight, which IMO is important, as well as Trackman data. Green Grass Clubfitting I think. If you're really serious about being fit I'd go that route vs CC or PGASS.

Yeah, Green Grass just popped onto my radar. For some reason, my sense is that they don't have a lot of equipment options, but I need to check it out for myself.

That would be the perfect scenario: hit multiple options, outside, off grass, with a LM. And world peace.

Thanks!

Not sure if you'd remember Chicago Lefty but he did this at St. Andrews with great results. Also think Chicago Bill's does outdoor fittings.

No problem. My recommendation would be to skip the full bag fitting, or spread it over several days. I had a driver fitting at Cool Clubs a year ago, and I was completely spent by the end of the session. I can't imagine adding woods and irons to the agenda.

I definitely plan to split it up, and both CC and PGASS recommended that before I could even bring it up. I was told each of the driver and iron fittings would probably span 80-100 balls, and while I'm OK with some fatigue on the range after a 100-200 ball session, this is too important to muck up.

debating between trying to get in some play tomorrow afternoon or going to the PGA sale.

the game would probably be more satisfying.

... I went To Twin Orchard today as I had to be up that way. Pretty much what I thought. TP5x for $34 and they are $34.99 at any store kinda stuff. Decent but not great deals if you like premium clothing. Most close to 1/2 off full price. Irons in the $899 and up range. Vokey wedges for $114 or higher. Didn't see anything worth the drive. I left with one FootJoy shirt since it had the athletic fit.

debating between trying to get in some play tomorrow afternoon or going to the PGA sale.

... I went To Twin Orchard today as I had to be up that way. Pretty much what I thought. TP5x for $34 and they are $34.99 at any store kinda stuff. Decent but not great deals if you like premium clothing. Most close to 1/2 off full price. Irons in the $899 and up range. Vokey wedges for $114 or higher. Didn't see anything worth the drive. I left with one FootJoy shirt since it had the athletic fit.

once you're there you gotta get a little something.

everyone else is leaving with bags, right?

last year I ended up buying some extra shoes for that same reason.

our office is so laid back I can wear my FJ casuals there, which by the way are great for winter.

dark colors, waterproof and the short nubs mean I never slip outside.

thank you chisag for this review, you did help me decide about tomorrow - clubs are going in the truck.

course or range, I'm hitting.

Saturday appears to be a no-go.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

once you're there you gotta get a little something.

everyone else is leaving with bags, right?

last year I ended up buying some extra shoes for that same reason.

our office is so laid back I can wear my FJ casuals there, which by the way are great for winter.

dark colors, waterproof and the short nubs mean I never slip outside.

thank you chisag for this review, you did help me decide about tomorrow - clubs are going in the truck.

course or range, I'm hitting.

Saturday appears to be a no-go.

I was going to go today, but it started snowing and decided not to. Glad I didn't.

I went to the mistwood dome today. It is really cool and actually the best practice I have had in a dome. Took a little bit to get used to, and 30 bucks to practice is a lot, but I will probably go back at some point. I was done with domes last year, but this has me back. Played a few holes there as well, which was fun too. I definitely suggest trying it once.