2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

... Running is such a big part of who Trubiky is. I love him running but wish he would take a page out of Russel Wilsons playbook and slide well before any defenders have a shot at him. If it means missing a first down then that is OK and much better than having Chase Daniels (excellent back up) play against the Rams or in the playoffs (Insert Jim Mora Playoffs? here)

Is the bears record that different if the have Chase Daniels all year?

... Taking a look at top 5 Total QBR in 2018:

87.3 Brees

82.5 MaHomes

75.9 Trubisky

75.8 Goff

74.6 Luck

55.6 Rodgers is 19th

Rodgers on the Bears and they are 10-1. Chase Daniel as a starter on the bears and they are 8-3/7-4. QBR is a trash stat, NFL isn't MLB. The best QBR game of all time, had to be Nick Foles throwing 7 TDs, or maybe Manning going 465 yards 7 TDs.....Nope it is Charlie Batch -12/17, 186 yards, 10.9 avg, 3 TD, 2 INT, 106.5 rating.

Charlie Batch played in the MAC...the conference that's known for producing QB talent and dominating players.

Kahlil Mack - Buffalo - MAC

Antonio Brown - Chipps - MAC

Big Ben - Bowling Green - MAC

Kareem Hunt - Toledo - MAC

Julian Edelman - Kent State - MAC

5 at CH is tight off the tee but I just resigned myself to the knowledge that it's not a hole to hit driver on. With three wood, it's quite manageable. 7 is, in my opinion, the dumbest hole there. Any par 5 that has a forced layup for a second shot that at the same time has to be long enough to be 100 yards out falls in the category of "stupid."

I forgot about that hole, I can't stand it as well. That is the problem with Chalet, too many questionable holes. For #7, if you hit a perfect drive, then you have a nice risk/reward iron into the green on a par 5. Anything other than a perfect drive is either OB/lost or a forced layup as you said.

To complete the triumvirate, Im not a fan of the par 3 wedged between them either.

I played Riverwood GC in Port Charlotte, FL last Wednesday and that was a real treat.

Back to chicago now (arrived Tuesday night).

Chalet Hills said they finished the front 9 work for bunker reconfiguration and new linings and drainage, and they'll (Wadsworth) will pick up with the back nice work as soon as they can in the spring.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Anybody even thinking about teeing it up this weekend? Tomorrow looks like a total washout, with heavy rain, and 20 to 30 mph winds. Oh, fun. Hopefully it'll wash the snow away.

Sunday looks a little better with a few breaks in the rain, and winds down to 10 mph. However, I expect a muddy mess in most places.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Would love to get out Sunday if tomorrow’s rain clears the snow, but it’s looking like the rain will likely continue through the weekend. I don’t mind 40’s, but adding rain probably gets me to tap out. If it doesn’t, I may call an audible and try to find somewhere that drains reasonable well.

Golf Center of DP seems to be our outlet tomorrow.

try to have some fun.

grab a burger and a beverage at their restaurant or maybe hit Don's Dock.

it could be worse.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

I believe Milwaukee is still snow free ....

Anybody even thinking about teeing it up this weekend? Tomorrow looks like a total washout, with heavy rain, and 20 to 30 mph winds. Oh, fun. Hopefully it'll wash the snow away.

Sunday looks a little better with a few breaks in the rain, and winds down to 10 mph. However, I expect a muddy mess in most places.

... I hope this stops the "Bears can win without Trubisky" nonsense. Good teams will always run across a situation where your QB will need to win the game virtually by themselves. As much as fans hated Cutler he lead the NFL in 4th qt comebacks when he played, although sometimes he was the reason they were behind. Taking your eyes of a shotgun snap is something I learned you never do in high school, and Daniels did it twice on the last drive. Channeling Coach Green "He is who we thought he was!!!"

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

I know there is a whole section for this type of question, but I figure i'd ask here. Anyone have any experience with the Titleist AP3s? Currently play the Ping Iblades, played AP2s for years before that. I know a pga pro who has an unused extra set he offered to sell me for super cheap, and was thinking about doing it. Going to hit PGA superstore tomorrow and test them out.

I've got the AP3's in my 4 and 5 iron and I love them. I've been thinking of getting the 3 iron since I've been hitting them so well. Off center hots can be a tad harsh, but the direction and distance don't suffer a ton.

I know there is a whole section for this type of question, but I figure i'd ask here. Anyone have any experience with the Titleist AP3s? Currently play the Ping Iblades, played AP2s for years before that. I know a pga pro who has an unused extra set he offered to sell me for super cheap, and was thinking about doing it. Going to hit PGA superstore tomorrow and test them out.

I've got the AP3's in my 4 and 5 iron and I love them. I've been thinking of getting the 3 iron since I've been hitting them so well. Off center hots can be a tad harsh, but the direction and distance don't suffer a ton.

Harsh as in you feel it? My Iblades aren't foreged so they aren't soft like a forged AP2 or similar, so I deal with that a bit now. Do you play AP2s 6-p? I had AP2s for 4 years or so and really liked them. How do you compare them if that is what you mix with?

Yeah a bit harsh in feel on those off center shots. I play the AP2 in 6-PW. Those feel a bit softer on all shots for sure, but the AP3 certainly feel good in those flush shots and they are incredibly easy to get up in the air. The 718's are just a great line of irons in my opinion.

Harsh as in you feel it? My Iblades aren't foreged so they aren't soft like a forged AP2 or similar, so I deal with that a bit now. Do you play AP2s 6-p? I had AP2s for 4 years or so and really liked them. How do you compare them if that is what you mix with?

Yeah a bit harsh in feel on those off center shots. I play the AP2 in 6-PW. Those feel a bit softer on all shots for sure, but the AP3 certainly feel good in those flush shots and they are incredibly easy to get up in the air. The 718's are just a great line of irons in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing!

2019 BMW email just arrived. received my committee assignment.

gotta say, the Western Golf Association is on top of things.

every tournament they have been asked to coordinate here in the past few years has been a pleasure to work.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

Yeah, what a horrible late fall. 2015 was the best. I got in 14 local rounds after October 31st. I got in 6 in 2016, 3 last year, and 4 this season. Pfffttt.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

We were 12 days pre-#2 baby girl last December!

3.4 inches of rain from the last 3 days up in Gurnee...

Salt Creek hasn't been this high since the end of June...

I'm still buying clubs, and looking to when I can get to the dome close to me.

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Yeah, what a horrible late fall. 2015 was the best. I got in 14 local rounds after October 31st. I got in 6 in 2016, 3 last year, and 4 this season. Pfffttt.

Last year was the never ending winter. I didn't realize it had started so early as well. Last year was almost my breaking point, I have a feeling this year gets me even closer.

What a difference a year makes... Cantigny last year on Dec 3. 24231900_10211014083690420_7319658637891374373_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=8ab1fe9cf272a44aa5933702e57cff4c&oe=5CA18BDA

Nice photo, which hole is that at Cantigny?

If I had to guess, I'd choose, #7 Woodside (par 5), but I don't feel very confident about that.

TM TP5x

Last year was the never ending winter. I didn't realize it had started so early as well. Last year was almost my breaking point, I have a feeling this year gets me even closer.

... Last year I went to Orlando for 3 weeks at the end of Nov - Dec and came home for Christmas then went back for the PGA Show and stayed another 3 weeks. This year I am heading to Phoenix for the entire winter. This Chicago weather is just silly.

What a difference a year makes... Cantigny last year on Dec 3. 24231900_10211014083690420_7319658637891374373_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=8ab1fe9cf272a44aa5933702e57cff4c&oe=5CA18BDA

If I had to guess, I'd choose, #7 Woodside (par 5), but I don't feel very confident about that.

Thanks. I believe you are right, the next picture on my phone is the par 3 8th, so that would make sense. But I am not 100%

... Last year I went to Orlando for 3 weeks at the end of Nov - Dec and came home for Christmas then went back for the PGA Show and stayed another 3 weeks. This year I am heading to Phoenix for the entire winter. This Chicago weather is just silly.

Sounds pretty nice, I work from home so in theory I could go anywhere. But I decided to get engaged instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

... I am looking for a permanent home in Phoenix. Done with Illinois on many counts but #1 being the weather. I worked in Portland the last 10 years and always paid state tax there and no problem with Illinois. Once Rauner was elected, Illinois started demanding I pay state tax here. It takes all year to straighten it out only to have it happen again the next year. This place is a mess.

What a difference a year makes... Cantigny last year on Dec 3.

Thanks. I believe you are right, the next picture on my phone is the par 3 8th, so that would make sense. But I am not 100%

That was my guess as well going by the mounding and falloff on both sides of the fairway. I've always hated that hole, nothing like a par 5 with a 90* dogleg at the end.

What a difference a year makes... Cantigny last year on Dec 3.

That was my guess as well going by the mounding and falloff on both sides of the fairway. I've always hated that hole, nothing like a par 5 with a 90* dogleg at the end.

V are you facing Seasonal Affective Disorder already? It's only Dec 3 young man.

I'm heading to Jacksonville next Wednesday for 5 rounds. Long range forecast looks mediocre at best with rain and drizzle on two days. At least the temps will be in the mid to upper 60's. I'll travel to Phoenix in mid-January, and LA in mid-February.