Ping i-e Irons?

Nessism

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1441240702' post='12254356'][quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1441240506' post='12254334'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1441217430' post='12252164']Picked my up today. 3-U, Red dot w/6.0 PX.

Playing tomorrow, so let's see if what I saw in the fitting/monitor is true![/quote]

No range session tonight? Haha[/quote]
I thought about it but I only had time to grab my clubs and haul &$$ to pick my kiddo up from school.

Then the ole wife had a dr. Appointment, etc. Dang responsibilities![/quote]

Well that stinks. Go hit em well tomorrow. Let me know how it goes!

Aerojet 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
ZX4 MKii 4i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

[quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1441240949' post='12254368'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1441240702' post='12254356'][quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1441240506' post='12254334'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1441217430' post='12252164']Picked my up today. 3-U, Red dot w/6.0 PX.

Playing tomorrow, so let's see if what I saw in the fitting/monitor is true![/quote]

I thought about it but I only had time to grab my clubs and haul &$$ to pick my kiddo up from school.

Well that stinks. Go hit em well tomorrow. Let me know how it goes![/quote]

It is WRX, so by the first hole I should know if they will stay. ;) I'll hit you up and let you know what I observe.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Enjoyed your new sticks MisplacedTexan! What part of Texas were you from?

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

[quote name='Trane5' timestamp='1441241139' post='12254388']Enjoyed your new sticks MisplacedTexan! What part of Texas were you from?[/quote]

Thanks and Iowa Park...2 hours north of Dallas.

protos F4

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1441241138' post='12254386'][quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1441240949' post='12254368'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1441240702' post='12254356'][quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1441240506' post='12254334'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1441217430' post='12252164']Picked my up today. 3-U, Red dot w/6.0 PX.

It is WRX, so by the first hole I should know if they will stay. ;) I'll hit you up and let you know what I observe.[/quote]

I'll be watching the bst then! Ha

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Right? I only hit 4 clubs in the set but I knew right away. Also, I magic marker the blue line because I couldn't stand it ;)...ha ha

protos F4

I posted this in the other thread, but felt it would be good to add here also:

[color=#282828]Coming from i15's (i10's, i5's, and ISI-K over the 15 yrs prior), I'm stunned at how high these fly and how soft they feel off the face. Very impressed. Was fit into a shaft I didn't expect, but whatever works. Really recommend these to anyone who's an i-series Ping fan, a real nice subtle evolution to this model. I did miss the i20 and i25 editions, so I can't compare there, but these for me are light years ahead of the i15's. I'm hitting the ball well right now for my handicap, but I'm normally a sub-average iron player for my handicap. I think anyone between say a 5 and a 15 should give these a hard look. Nice work Ping![/color]

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

[color=#222222]I got 5-U wedge, Blue Dot, DGS300, -.25. [/color]
[color=#222222]Was in the market for a more game improvement club (G30, Aeroburner, ext.) but I gave these a hit and I fell in love with the feel. [/color][color=#222222]I was hitting them just as good as any other club (swing must have been clicking, which is never good when that happens at the store).[/color]
[color=#222222][/color]
[color=#222222]I have practiced with them a lot and played 3 rounds with them. As a 20 handicap they offer a lot of forgiveness for this class of iron (same as my old off the shelf rocketbladez), but my skill level might not be good enough for this club. [/color]

[color=#222222]I can get into groves at the range but when I get on the course my swing is totally different. I know this has nothing to do with the club but I guess I could use all the forgiveness I can get.[/color]
[color=#222222][/color]
[color=#222222]Going to keep at them for a little while and see how I progress but I am second guessing myself that I should have went with the G30 range. [/color]
[color=#222222]Bottom line they are one of the nicest irons I have ever [/color]

I've got about 5 rounds under my belt with these and they continue to impress. Not to pump my own tires :download: (get ready for it) but Tuesday I won the first six holes in a row (outright) in a $2 nassau and was 2 under after 6. I'm an 8 index. Never done that before.

Could be the shiny penny syndrome but these things are [b]solid[/b]. Mishits still tend to hit the green -- reminding me of my experiment with G25s -- you think you're in the bunker or off the green and get up there and you have a 25 ft birdie putt. Really impressed with knock downs. Can't draw the ball very easily (which is disappointing because I play an old school tree lined course) but I can fade it.

Stealth, TSR2, AP2's, and a JB Versa 

[quote name='gallas2' timestamp='1441301809' post='12257832']
I've got about 5 rounds under my belt with these and they continue to impress. Not to pump my own tires :download: (get ready for it) but Tuesday I won the first six holes in a row (outright) in a $2 nassau and was 2 under after 6. I'm an 8 index. Never done that before.

Could be the shiny penny syndrome but these things are [b]solid[/b]. Mishits still tend to hit the green -- reminding me of my experiment with G25s -- you think you're in the bunker or off the green and get up there and you have a 25 ft birdie putt. Really impressed with knock downs. Can't draw the ball very easily (which is disappointing because I play an old school tree lined course) but I can fade it.
[/quote]

How would you compare the forgiveness of these vs. G25s?

I hit these with the mp 25 the other day. Both 6 irons. I loved both, but the ping helped a lot on mis hits. I am hesitant to go to ping, as I have had the I 20 and I 25, and they were just too short. These were long, just as long as the mp. Going to be tough, I am getting new irons soon.

Cobra Darkspeed LS, Ventus TR Blue 6x

Ping G430 Max 15*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Ping G430 Max 21*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Ping Blueprint S 4-P, PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno T24, 50*/56*/60*, KBS Hi Rev 2.0 blackout 

Evnroll ESR2 Black

[quote name='grisham' timestamp='1441332364' post='12260732']
[quote name='gallas2' timestamp='1441301809' post='12257832']

[/quote]

How would you compare the forgiveness of these vs. G25s?
[/quote]

They are certainly not as forgiving as the G25s but they are [i]very [/i]forgiving and very straight. Even mishits elicit the "nice shot" from buddies. I would have no problem recommending these to a 10-14 hcp. There is less offset than the i25s (at least visible from address) and the stronger lofts definitely satisfy my ego. I have owned and play regularly with guys who have i20's and i25s and these are longer and feel better. The new steel and the soft insert vs. the old hard insert make them feel more like the G25.

Stealth, TSR2, AP2's, and a JB Versa 

played a quick nine with them last night.

they look and feel great. I won't lie to people and say I hit all nine greens but I did have two shots that hit the edge of the green on poor swigs. old clubs would have been off the green and these gave me long birdie putts.

I'm digging them so far but will have a more in depth review down the road.

I got mine yesterday stood on the range early in the morning, I got 3-U and Glide ES wedges... All Modus 3 105 Stiff, hardstepped and all lofts half a club strong. Could not make my mind up about new grips, decided yesterday afternoon to put Ping Fullcords on very boring but good. Ballflight is perfect for me I own a Trackman and could not be happier with the numbers while hitting 7 iron 5 iron and 3 iron. Nice launch angle, nice spin on the ball and no ballooning whatsoever. I played S55 for the last 2 years and will be hitting one to one and a half club less from the same distance. I would say the workability is quite a bit less easy than on the S55 irons but forgiveness is of the planet is going to make my scoring a lot easier if I remember to go straight for the flag....

Titleist TS 3 Graphite 10,5 Design IZ 6 Stiff
Titleist TS 2 Graphite 16,5 Design IZ 7 Stiff
Titleist CNCPT irons 3456789

Dang ThreePutt.....you own a Trackman!!! sick!!! You live in or near DFW Texas by chance?

What's In My Bag:

Ball - Titleist AVX

[quote name='Trane5' timestamp='1441422175' post='12266130']Dang ThreePutt.....you own a Trackman!!! sick!!! You live in or near DFW Texas by chance?[/quote]

Serious wrxer right there. Dedicated and dialed in.

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

[quote name='Trane5' timestamp='1441422175' post='12266130']
Dang ThreePutt.....you own a Trackman!!! sick!!! You live in or near DFW Texas by chance?
[/quote] Eh Trane 5 sorry but there is a trackman closer to you than mine I live in the Netherlands that's in Europe ... You are more than welcome to come over though ....

Titleist TS 3 Graphite 10,5 Design IZ 6 Stiff
Titleist TS 2 Graphite 16,5 Design IZ 7 Stiff
Titleist CNCPT irons 3456789

Went and got fit for Hybirds, Irons and Wedges yesterday and it was fantastic. Hit many different heads and shaft combinations but when the dust settled the Ping ie1 irons and Ping Glide wedges were the standouts. With the irons even all of my miss hits were serviceable, and they felt amazing. From the Trackman I was put in Dynamic Gold X100's which makes sense as my club head speed with a 6 iron is 96 mph and it just felt right.

I'm upgrading from my Ping ISI-K w/ regular flex shafts so this is pretty exciting for me - only thing I am having trouble with is the price. $1000 for the irons, $260 for the 2 wedges, $260 for the shafts, $150 for the grips - ~$1700 when it all said and done. Thoughts?

[quote name='Hitpoint' timestamp='1441557374' post='12271928']
Went and got fit for Hybirds, Irons and Wedges yesterday and it was fantastic. Hit many different heads and shaft combinations but when the dust settled the Ping ie1 irons and Ping Glide wedges were the standouts. With the irons even all of my miss hits were serviceable, and they felt amazing. From the Trackman I was put in Dynamic Gold X100's which makes sense as my club head speed with a 6 iron is 96 mph and it just felt right.

I'm upgrading from my Ping ISI-K w/ regular flex shafts so this is pretty exciting for me - only thing I am having trouble with is the price. $1000 for the irons, $260 for the 2 wedges, $260 for the shafts, $150 for the grips - ~$1700 when it all said and done. Thoughts?
[/quote]

What shafts did you put in the glides?

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

[quote name='boycer11' timestamp='1441557607' post='12271940']
[quote name='Hitpoint' timestamp='1441557374' post='12271928']

[/quote]

What shafts did you put in the glides?
[/quote]

Same - x100s

[quote name='threeputt' timestamp='1441542412' post='12271168'][quote name='Trane5' timestamp='1441422175' post='12266130']
[/quote] Eh Trane 5 sorry but there is a trackman closer to you than mine I live in the Netherlands that's in Europe ... You are more than welcome to come over though ....[/quote] thanks for the offer ThreePutt! If I'm ever in your area, I'll send you a note! I'm super pumped....getting my PING i's this Wednesday....should be delivered to PGA Superstore then.....waiting STINKS!!! Lol

What's In My Bag:

Ball - Titleist AVX

One question. There are a lot of comments about these clubs are great for the 10+ handicapper, good for the 5-15 handicapper, etc. What makes them less desirable for the 0-5 handicapper other than maybe ego? I'm on the fence. I'm a 6 handicapper playing S57's. I'm getting a little older and wouldn't mind a little extra forgiveness on mishits. You can't be on everyday. I do struggle a little bit the the jacked up lofts and club length. I really don't need to hit the ball much farther with the 7 iron, or higher.

[quote name='gripandrip' timestamp='1441570130' post='12272558']
One question. There are a lot of comments about these clubs are great for the 10+ handicapper, good for the 5-15 handicapper, etc. What makes them less desirable for the 0-5 handicapper other than maybe ego? I'm on the fence. I'm a 6 handicapper playing S57's. I'm getting a little older and wouldn't mind a little extra forgiveness on mishits. You can't be on everyday. I do struggle a little bit the the jacked up lofts and club length. I really don't need to hit the ball much farther with the 7 iron, or higher.
[/quote]

You can rest easy and be assured that if they are good enough for the likes of Mahan and Westwood, then they are plenty playable enough for any 0-5 handicapper, and anyone of that ilk who says they're not, is simply letting their ego get in the way as you rightly infer. People can be so shallow and some 0-5 handicappers would rather not play an Iron that a 14 handicapper could also play! Sure, the i's may cover a wider spectrum of Golfing abilities, but as I said previously, this is their strength, and only a fool would stigmatize this into a weakness.

I picked my set up last week and have had about 5 range sessions and one round with them. All I can say is WOW. I am thoroughly impressed with these. They feel so soft of the face and are amazingly forgiving although they look a tiny bit smaller than the i20, I think they are more forgiving. Hop and stop on the greens. I am in love.

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1441241138' post='12254386']
[quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1441240949' post='12254368'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1441240702' post='12254356'][quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1441240506' post='12254334'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1441217430' post='12252164']Picked my up today. 3-U, Red dot w/6.0 PX.

It is WRX, so by the first hole I should know if they will stay. ;) I'll hit you up and let you know what I observe.
[/quote]So, what's the verdict?

[quote name='gripandrip' timestamp='1441570130' post='12272558']
One question. There are a lot of comments about these clubs are great for the 10+ handicapper, good for the 5-15 handicapper, etc. What makes them less desirable for the 0-5 handicapper other than maybe ego?
[/quote]

The comments about this iron or that iron being suitable for a particular handicap range are nonsense.
It is true that muscle back irons (blades) require especially square, quality ball contact. But blades are about 1% of the market.
The other 99% of iron designs are cavity backs, and the perimeter weighting of a cavity back makes it suitable for any skill level player, from beginner to Tour pro. Your S57's are a traditional head size cavity back, which are actually easier to swing and square at impact, especially off less than ideal lies, than the trendy over sized head designs like the new Ping ie model.
If you want some new irons then buy the S55. I think you will enjoy swinging and playing them more than an over sized iron head.

Yonex ezone 380 10* Rexis M-1 shaft
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 15.5* Miyazaki
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 20.5* Miyazaki
Ping S56 4-9 Nippon 950 steel shaft
Ping Gorge 47*, 52* ,56* Nippon 950
KZG 100% milled center shaft putter