Ping i-e Irons?

Nessism

Thanks for your replies :)
[quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1441810699' post='12287426']

you made a pretty big jump in shaft imo. Also, the px is designed for a high flat ball flat. If you aren't generating enough speed/spin it's possible they are just falling out of the sky with some distance loss.
[/quote]
Yes I know it's a big step and I was a bit unsure if the 6.0 is suitable for me with a CHS of 88MPH. My fitter said that I'm between 6.0 and 5.5 but Ping only offers the PX 6.0 and the 5.0 without upcharge so he said it would be better for me to choose the 6.0 regarding that my CHS will increase some more in the next years.
[quote name='gallas2' timestamp='1441811252' post='12287476']
...Try a different shaft (DG S300 is lower flight for me).
[/quote]
Unfortunately the DG S300 is no free shaft option with the new i series, anyway in germany :( so I couldn't even demo this shaft. The change now is not so easy in other words $$$$$$
[quote name='Foreleft' timestamp='1441812111' post='12287546']

As noted, you made a BIG jump in stiffness- essentially going from a soft regular to a stiffer "stiff".

Not surprised that you have lost distance, as a weaker shaft will provide more distance, but also greater dispersion. How is the ball flight and dispersion compared to before? That will give you a clue as to whether you are on the right path or not.
[/quote]
That is exactly what I noticed. Dispersion is a lot less that before and I can hit it as hard as I want. When I stepped on the gas to hard with the r-flex CFS the ball hooked away like hell. Now the ball goes damn straight. I think I just have to generate some more CHS with my arms to hit a solid trajetory.
Went to the range yesterday and was a bit more pleased...

[quote name='pthor' timestamp='1442171398' post='12308078']
tgw has the exact setup I want in stock

4-Gap Black Dot S300

Might have to pull the trigger
[/quote]

Do it. C'mon in the water is warm.....I have these in S300 and my index just hit an all time low yesterday. Buddy I played with yest is switching from AP2 after hitting mine.

Stealth, TSR2, AP2's, and a JB Versa 

[quote name='gallas2' timestamp='1442323434' post='12316010']
[quote name='pthor' timestamp='1442171398' post='12308078']
tgw has the exact setup I want in stock

4-Gap Black Dot S300

Might have to pull the trigger
[/quote]

Do it. C'mon in the water is warm.....I have these in S300 and my index just hit an all time low yesterday. Buddy I played with yest is switching from AP2 after hitting mine.
[/quote]

MUST HAVE NEW PING IRONS!!!!

:(

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='DPGCidol' timestamp='1442218236' post='12310374']
you made a pretty big jump in shaft imo. Also, the px is designed for a high flat ball flat. If you aren't generating enough speed/spin it's possible they are just falling out of the sky with some distance loss.
[/quote]
Yes I know it's a big step and I was a bit unsure if the 6.0 is suitable for me with a CHS of 88MPH. My fitter said that I'm between 6.0 and 5.5 but Ping only offers the PX 6.0 and the 5.0 without upcharge so he said it would be better for me to choose the 6.0 regarding that my CHS will increase some more in the next years.
[/quote]
Unfortunately the DG S300 is no free shaft option with the new i series, anyway in germany :( so I couldn't even demo this shaft. The change now is not so easy in other words $$$$$$
As noted, you made a BIG jump in stiffness- essentially going from a soft regular to a stiffer "stiff".

Not surprised that you have lost distance, as a weaker shaft will provide more distance, but also greater dispersion. How is the ball flight and dispersion compared to before? That will give you a clue as to whether you are on the right path or not.
[/quote]
That is exactly what I noticed. Dispersion is a lot less that before and I can hit it as hard as I want. When I stepped on the gas to hard with the r-flex CFS the ball hooked away like hell. Now the ball goes damn straight. I think I just have to generate some more CHS with my arms to hit a solid trajetory.
[/quote]

6.0 is very stiff, suitable only for especially high swing speed players.

Yonex ezone 380 10* Rexis M-1 shaft
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 15.5* Miyazaki
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 20.5* Miyazaki
Ping S56 4-9 Nippon 950 steel shaft
Ping Gorge 47*, 52* ,56* Nippon 950
KZG 100% milled center shaft putter

[quote name='square' timestamp='1442354546' post='12318640']
[quote name='DPGCidol' timestamp='1442218236' post='12310374']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

6.0 is very stiff, suitable only for especially high swing speed players.
[/quote]
I would say I am an average swing speed.....100-102 driver 90 6i when I was fitted before ordering my s55 I was recommended stiff that are hard stepped or x soft stepped. I went with the Nippon 1150 tour shafts just in stiff flex not hard stepped as I have been using stiff shafts for ever and the feel and ball flight are great. But I am much longer with the ie1 with the PX 6.0 much more then the 1 degree of loft and 1/4" would account for. So at least for me the 6.0 is a great fit. I only hit the 7 iron in my comparison head tio head with the s55 but I think I will be putting the s55 up for sale. I wonder if the stiff butt and tip with the PX are more suited for certain swing/transition types?

Callaway Rouge 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 44.5"
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
PING G410 Crossover 2i Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
PING i230 4-U Recoil F4 Smac Wrap
Vokey SM7 Black 54f - 58k
Scotty Cameron Futura X7M 33"

[quote name='drvrwdge' timestamp='1442447399' post='12324320']
In short yes. Certain bend profiles suit different transitions and load types. It's not all about swing speed.
[/quote]

took me years to figure this out....shoulda listened earlier.

First round (4th) where everything felt great with the irons... I notice a club difference between the i25/Ie in the fitting and I have yet to see it. Well, today was different. I shot a 155 flag up hill a little, so I pulled an 8 iron (normally 150) and flushed it. It looked like it was pin high..drove up to see it 10 yards past it. Hmmmm..Okay.

Next is a par 3 which I lasered 169 back pin with a little wind in the face. I said screw it, lets trust what I just saw. Another flushed shot but a little pull that is holding on to the left side green... hits and spins back a foot. Another 165 yard shot with the 8 iron and just missed the birdie. So, here is hoping I get over the awkard first dates and crusing to staying over for "a drink" ;)

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[quote name='Lamo70' timestamp='1442848557' post='12344194']
I'd like to hear from someone that went to Ping HQ and was fitted by them for a set of clubs. Was it worth the trip? Are you happy with your fitting?
Did you pay less than retail for the equipment?
[/quote]

I've been through it a couple of times. Not the VIP fitting, but rather the walk-in, hit in a bay fitting.

Is it worth it? I would put it as equal to a paid fitting. The guys there most definitely know their craft. They will give you back what you give them... if you like hybrids, expect to see multiple hybrids. If you play fairways, you'll get those. They are not there to redefine your choices, rather they are refining what you offer.

It's free, it's fun, and if coupled with a tour it can be a nice morning. Would I travel just for that? No way... not unless you really would get off seeing some old buildings and a build area.

The fitting will be as good as a 1-2 hour fitting can get inside, and it's free.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

After testing one of my playing partners I's for a few weeks, I couldn't get over how easy these were to hit, even with his specs. I've been playing the 55's since they came out.

Just placed an order for the 4-U with x100's an inch over. They said they couldn't get the U wedge any lighter than D7. I usually play my long irons D4, short irons D5, but after hitting my friends, who has his wedge at D9 ( not by choice, he's 1.75 over) I don't think it'll be an issue. Felt really nice and very solid at impact. I should have them by the end of next week.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Buddy of mine is a good player (+1 hcp) and replaced his S55 4 and 5 irons with the new i-e. As good as he is he said the 4 and 5 in the S55 could be problematic at times. He's been very happy with the replacements.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Ventus Velocore Red 7X

PXG  Gen3 3 Iron - Aldila RIP Phenom HYB 100 

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1443296194' post='12371252']Buddy of mine is a good player (+1 hcp) and replaced his S55 4 and 5 irons with the new i-e. As good as he is he said the 4 and 5 in the S55 could be problematic at times. He's been very happy with the replacements.[/quote]

Funny thing is I hit the 4 and 5 in my 55s extremely well. I have a bigger issue with the scoring irons. I tend to dig a bit more with those than I'd like.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

[quote name='pullfade' timestamp='1443297504' post='12371302']
Last two rounds 71 and 70(should have been 68....bad tee ball on 18). These irons make me look like a better player than my 2 cap says I am. G series forgiveness with I series playability.
[/quote]

...while we're tooting our own horns I won our last men's night on Wednesday, won player's league match on Thurs on 18th par 3 w/ six iron......(team won our city's title in a beat down) -- not just the irons but iron play has been my strong suit since switching. toot toot! Love Ping

[quote name='gallas2' timestamp='1443362880' post='12373454']
Last two rounds 71 and 70(should have been 68....bad tee ball on 18). These irons make me look like a better player than my 2 cap says I am. G series forgiveness with I series playability.
[/quote]

...while we're tooting our own horns I won our last men's night on Wednesday, won player's league match on Thurs on 18th par 3 w/ six iron......(team won our city's title in a beat down) -- not just the irons but iron play has been my strong suit since switching. toot toot! Love Ping
[/quote]

Mine aren't here yet but I played awesome today just KNOWING they're coming. :taunt:

I actually played a lot today with my playing partners I's and I'm pretty excited about them. The MP 25's couldn't knock the S55's out for me. But I think things may go differently with the I's. We'll see. But the forgiveness I've seen is pretty eye opening.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

[quote name='gallas2' timestamp='1443362880' post='12373454'][quote name='pullfade' timestamp='1443297504' post='12371302']
[/quote]

...while we're tooting our own horns I won our last men's night on Wednesday, won player's league match on Thurs on 18th par 3 w/ six iron......(team won our city's title in a beat down) -- not just the irons but iron play has been my strong suit since switching. toot toot! Love Ping[/quote]

Congrats Gallas! Nice playing! I'm sure your dinner has been tasting mighty nice!

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

I've had mine since the end of August, put roughly 10 rounds and a couple dozen buckets of balls on them.

Overall the durability is good, but I dont think these are indestructible like my old Ping ISI and I3 irons. Some scuffs and nicks have shown up. No delamination obviously.

They were the first new set of irons I've ever purchased and I couldnt be happier. My bad swings don't get saved by these, but I seem to catch a lot more fringes etc. when I put a bad swing on a ball.

I hit really high shots with these clubs. From the 4 iron down I have a much higher flight, but I wouldnt say I'm much longer with these.

[quote name='Trane5' timestamp='1443394120' post='12375164']
[quote name='gallas2' timestamp='1443362880' post='12373454'][quote name='pullfade' timestamp='1443297504' post='12371302']
[/quote]

...while we're tooting our own horns I won our last men's night on Wednesday, won player's league match on Thurs on 18th par 3 w/ six iron......(team won our city's title in a beat down) -- not just the irons but iron play has been my strong suit since switching. toot toot! Love Ping[/quote]

Congrats Gallas! Nice playing! I'm sure your dinner has been tasting mighty nice!
[/quote]

Thanks man -- the irons have given me a big jump in confidence -- it's contagious. Bought another set off wrx for a buddy yesterday who's seen my improvement (he has ap2's) and he wants some of the same.

[/quote]

[/quote] so I will continue "tooting my horn" if that is the way you interpreted my post. Won my member/member today....gross and net. I attribute it to the irons. My ball striking has always been good, but I want these in my hands...the further out the better!!! Shot of the weekend.....knockdown aw from 98 that hit past the pin and spun back in for eagle. Love these stix.

TOOT TOOT!!!

[quote name='pullfade' timestamp='1443398986' post='12375578']
[/quote]

[/quote] so I will continue "tooting my horn" if that is the way you interpreted my post. Won my member/member today....gross and net. I attribute it to the irons. My ball striking has always been good, but I want these in my hands...the further out the better!!! Shot of the weekend.....knockdown aw from 98 that hit past the pin and spun back in for eagle. Love these stix.

TOOT TOOT!!!
[/quote]

haha WOOT WOTT!!!

Its great when your clubs give you that sort of confidence. Golf is much more fun

Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
Bettinardi Signature Series 7

[quote name='pthor' timestamp='1443405018' post='12376140']
can you notice a difference between blue and black lie?? The set Im after is blue and I usually play black. I suck anyways does .75 lie really make a diff?
[/quote]

There is mixed info on this -- I think Tom Wishon or someone has a study out saying it doesn't really matter. I'm a gear head so I want the proper fitting and golf is so mental I personally would wait on what you got measured for.

Last thing you want is to be tied in a match standing over a hold off fade on the 18th fairway into the wind and feel like your irons don't fit.

[quote name='pthor' timestamp='1443405018' post='12376140']can you notice a difference between blue and black lie?? The set Im after is blue and I usually play black. I suck anyways does .75 lie really make a diff?[/quote]if your miss is a pull with them then look at getting them flattened a bit. If you hit them straight then don't worry about it.

It probably won't make that much difference unless black is boarder line too upright to begin with.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

[quote name='pthor' timestamp='1443405018' post='12376140']
can you notice a difference between blue and black lie?? The set Im after is blue and I usually play black. I suck anyways does .75 lie really make a diff?
[/quote] The way I understand it the blue is the (new) black due to the increase in shaft length the lie is increased. I would suggest going to the Ping Website and doing a static fitting to see what is recommended from you measurements.