2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Official Taylormade M1 Driver Thread

Llortamaisey

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1445365290' post='12483080']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1445364946' post='12483038']
Just got back from my M1 Driver Fitting. Hmmmmm.

Ok, here goes. Firstly I'm not your common Wrx'er because I'm happy to admit that I don't profess to Swing the Club at 120mph+.

I have a Titleist 915 D2 10.5 with Aldila Tour Green 75 Stiff. Fitted for me by National Fitting Centre Celtic Manor.

Today I was swinging it pretty good to be honest. SS 103, BS 151, LA 14,9*, Spin 2800, Carry 254y, Total 269y, but most importantly I was pretty straight and consistent.

I gave the TM fitter the brief to try to give me the holy grail of a little more distance, similar trajectory, and keeping the dispersion.

I'm not going to bore everyone with the process, and how we got there, but suffice to say I think he succeeded with the M1.

The 460 with 10.5*, weights were centre for the direction weight, and 2 notches forward on the spin weight. This together with a Aldila Tour green 65 Stiff sent my numbers as follows SS 107 BS 157, LA 14*, Spin rate 1900, Carry 263y Total 280y. And the dispersion was equally as good as my Titleist.

Now, I'm sure if I had the Titleist 915 D3 head to lower the spin rates, lengthened the shaft 1/2in to match the TM M1's 45.5, and had the Tour Green 65 in it instead of the Tour Green 75, then I'm sure those numbers would close up to an almost indiscernible difference.

But it was a good fit, and impressive job done by the TM fitter. I'm not sure if I'll change just yet or endeavour picking up a 915 D3 with a Aldila Tour Green 65 Stiff.

I'm probably going get my irons sorted first, then think about the Driver change when the price comes down a touch and in the meantime keep an eye out for a 915 D3 too.

Just wanted to share my experience this afternoon.
[/quote]

These type of reviews are very helpful. Good job and let us know if you do decide to get the M1
[/quote]
Totally agree with that statement and excellent review.

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='OspreyCI' timestamp='1445374432' post='12483808']
[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1445365290' post='12483080']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1445364946' post='12483038']
Just got back from my M1 Driver Fitting. Hmmmmm.

Ok, here goes. Firstly I'm not your common Wrx'er because I'm happy to admit that I don't profess to Swing the Club at 120mph+.

I have a Titleist 915 D2 10.5 with Aldila Tour Green 75 Stiff. Fitted for me by National Fitting Centre Celtic Manor.

Today I was swinging it pretty good to be honest. SS 103, BS 151, LA 14,9*, Spin 2800, Carry 254y, Total 269y, but most importantly I was pretty straight and consistent.

I gave the TM fitter the brief to try to give me the holy grail of a little more distance, similar trajectory, and keeping the dispersion.

I'm not going to bore everyone with the process, and how we got there, but suffice to say I think he succeeded with the M1.

The 460 with 10.5*, weights were centre for the direction weight, and 2 notches forward on the spin weight. This together with a Aldila Tour green 65 Stiff sent my numbers as follows SS 107 BS 157, LA 14*, Spin rate 1900, Carry 263y Total 280y. And the dispersion was equally as good as my Titleist.

Now, I'm sure if I had the Titleist 915 D3 head to lower the spin rates, lengthened the shaft 1/2in to match the TM M1's 45.5, and had the Tour Green 65 in it instead of the Tour Green 75, then I'm sure those numbers would close up to an almost indiscernible difference.

But it was a good fit, and impressive job done by the TM fitter. I'm not sure if I'll change just yet or endeavour picking up a 915 D3 with a Aldila Tour Green 65 Stiff.

I'm probably going get my irons sorted first, then think about the Driver change when the price comes down a touch and in the meantime keep an eye out for a 915 D3 too.

Just wanted to share my experience this afternoon.
[/quote]

These type of reviews are very helpful. Good job and let us know if you do decide to get the M1
[/quote]
Totally agree with that statement and excellent review.
[/quote]

Thanks. I suppose its always impressive in some peoples minds to see all the 170mph ball speed data, but I try and make the 150's ball speed guys equally as relevant to as many people too.

For the record, I found the feel off the face with the M1 to be extremely similar to the 915 D2. Almost uncannily so. It doesn't have that soft 'thud' we once felt in the days of the old 510tp for example, but times have changed somewhat, and the notion that fairly loud runs parallel in kind with fairly fast, seems to prevail. And because I'm now used to the sound/feel of the 915 D2, the M1 has a relatively 'comfortable' feel to me.

I also found the forgiveness of the M1 to be surprisingly 'up there'. Sure, you know when you're off the middle, you can feel it through the hands, and resultant ball flights are, of course, effected, as a bad strike will always be a bad strike, but the results for me were that I was still finding myself on the fairway. So plenty of forgiveness there for Mr Joe average like me.

I think some people have mentioned how fade biased they feel the M1 is, and I kind of get that, but I would prefer to call it neutral biased when compared to the slightly draw biased weight in the head of the Titleist 915 D2. With a good strike with the D2 I generally get a 5 yard draw, with the M1 with the weight in the centre it's generally just dead straight. So it's slight, but it's there. And because of this I see the overall M1 package to be more akin to the D3 than the D2. Only with more weight adjustability of course! Lol.

My buddy sent me this last night. This after 16 holes. It makes me anxious because this is the first time I've gotten excited about a TM driver but don't want to deal with warranty issues.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana ZF 70X
Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T100s 4-P w/ C-Taper Lite X
Titleist Vokey Raw 48, 54, 60 w/ S400
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat

[quote name='jph4387' timestamp='1445421184' post='12486264']My buddy sent me this last night. This after 16 holes. It makes me anxious because this is the first time I've gotten excited about a TM driver but don't want to deal with warranty issues.[/quote]

Ouch!! I thought the bulge was bad but this is worse. TM does have great customer service so getting it replaced shouldn't be difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

I got a chance to hit the M1 at TM demo fitting tonight at the local range

Ended up fitted to 460 8.5 turned all the way down to 6.5 with trajectory slider all the way to the front with aldila rogue silver 70x

I wasn't hitting them well with smash factor coming in at 1.4 ish number while on the launch monitor with 122mph clubhead speed with ball speed in the 160s launching at 16.x* angle. Literally hit 10 balls with a wedge just before started hitting driver on the LM

I'm definitely swinging it quicker without additional effort compared to the FT-9 Tour 8.5. Spin number was also noticeably lower (could be the lower loft). Not sure how the LM is set up but i was getting some high total distance (maybe it was optimistic with the roll). 345, 333, bad bad shots would end up in 320s. Didn't see the carry numbers for all the shots, and ones that i did see had 312, 303 and bad bad one in the 290s

430 head was definitely not as forgiving and didn't get warmed up enough to hit the 430 solid
I do however like the shape of the 430 head much more than the 460 head but i was hitting 460 head much much better

There is just something odd about the way M1 head is shaped and it's more pronounced in 460 than 430. Maybe i'm too used to the FT-9 Tour's odd headshape
After hitting the M1, FT-9 Tour felt closed and the shaft didn't feel like it was loading as well as the rogue. I have the same shaft in the E8 Beta and it's a great match for my game

TM fitter also put a 3 wood shaft in the driver and i was still matching the club speed i get on the FT-9 while getting same distance

Overall M1 felt very similar to the way FT-9 Tour feels. It didn't feel hotter off the face but the numbers were definitely nice and i do fit better into the rogue silver 70x than fubuki tour 63x on the FT-9 Tour

After the fitting, fully warmed up, they let me hit the club again and i was hitting it really nice with a slight hint of fade on the way down. Trajectory was still monster high but the ball flight seems to be more penetrating even when it was on its way down.

I think M1 is my next golf purchase after i get a chance to try the cobra ltd first

ps- Does range ball impact flightscope numbers?
No bulge or cracks on the 460 10.5 head (started hitting this one first), 460 8.5, and 430 8.5

Also one of the head seems to be on back order. I think he said the 9.5 is on back order

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

Makes me wonder if they are really on backorder, or if they are redoing their quality control in the heads due the the obvious differences we've seen in seam/bulges from driver to driver, clear coat thickness differences, and now cracks in the head.

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80 (or Qi10 5 wood)
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Odyssey TriHot 5K Triple Wide
Titleist ProV1

[quote name='ProStryker' timestamp='1445479132' post='12490076']
Makes me wonder if they are really on backorder, or if they are redoing their quality control in the heads due the the obvious differences we've seen in seam/bulges from driver to driver, clear coat thickness differences, and now cracks in the head.
[/quote]

This would be nice! I am just waiting to order mine actually. Going with the KK Proto TiNi in mine.

Ping G430 Max Driver
Callaway Paradym 3HL Fairway

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Titleist T200 5, T150 6, T100 7-GW
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

I got mine today. 9.5 Fuji stiff. Brought it to the range with my G30 LS 9 tour 80, SLDR 10.5 black tie 8m3 and SLDR 8 speeder 57

I love everything about the M1, but I had a lot of trouble turning it over. I had to make a seriously unnatural move (for me) to get even a minimal draw. Even in the upright position and in the full draw setting, I was struggling to not fade it. All of the other drivers would duck hook with the same swing.

M1 is hot all over the face, easy to swing, sounds/feels fantastic and very long. It is nearly perfect for me - I need to figure out how to turn it over or start playing a fade if I'm going to game it.

If you struggle with low left hooks, then this is the driver for you.

[quote name='bag302' timestamp='1445485015' post='12490494']I got mine today. 9.5 Fuji stiff. Brought it to the range with my G30 LS 9 tour 80, SLDR 10.5 black tie 8m3 and SLDR 8 speeder 57

I love everything about the M1, but I had a lot of trouble turning it over. I had to make a seriously unnatural move (for me) to get even a minimal draw. Even in the upright position and in the full draw setting, I was struggling to not fade it. All of the other drivers would duck hook with the same swing.

M1 is hot all over the face, easy to swing, sounds/feels fantastic and very long. It is nearly perfect for me - I need to figure out how to turn it over or start playing a fade if I'm going to game it.

If you struggle with low left hooks, then this is the driver for you.[/quote]

I don't agree with this statement in it's entirety. You should look at trying another shaft. Too many people on here think they can blind fit to "torque" or "launch characteristics" and the actuality that I find is that bend profile plays more into a fitting than either. I fit into a Whiteboard profile even though I don't really hit a high ball off the tee, yet with the D+ I hit 11-14 launch and low-ish spin.

Today was the first day I hit the 10.5 M1 and hit 2 of my longest drives of the year. My miss on the front 9 was a hook, but on the back I moved the weight to the forward setting and somehow my launch increased and distance became even longer. I swing and 108-111mph and smash is around 1.45 on flightscope, and the fairways were not that firm, and I hit 4 drives, 2 of 315+ and 2 that were 305. My two big misses were 270 snappers, one was OB and one went into some deep rough. I pulled my shaft from my 915, and average was 12 yards longer than my D2. Needless to say the Kuro will be on the BST tomorrow.

[quote name='jph4387' timestamp='1445421184' post='12486264']
My buddy sent me this last night. This after 16 holes. It makes me anxious because this is the first time I've gotten excited about a TM driver but don't want to deal with warranty issues.
[/quote]

Mine is like this without the crack in the paint but across the whole head, impossible to photo though.

[quote name='therealjonzone' timestamp='1445490900' post='12490730']
[quote name='bag302' timestamp='1445485015' post='12490494']I got mine today. 9.5 Fuji stiff. Brought it to the range with my G30 LS 9 tour 80, SLDR 10.5 black tie 8m3 and SLDR 8 speeder 57

If you struggle with low left hooks, then this is the driver for you.[/quote]

I don't agree with this statement in it's entirety. You should look at trying another shaft. Too many people on here think they can blind fit to "torque" or "launch characteristics" and the actuality that I find is that bend profile plays more into a fitting than either. I fit into a Whiteboard profile even though I don't really hit a high ball off the tee, yet with the D+ I hit 11-14 launch and low-ish spin.

Today was the first day I hit the 10.5 M1 and hit 2 of my longest drives of the year. My miss on the front 9 was a hook, but on the back I moved the weight to the forward setting and somehow my launch increased and distance became even longer. I swing and 108-111mph and smash is around 1.45 on flightscope, and the fairways were not that firm, and I hit 4 drives, 2 of 315+ and 2 that were 305. My two big misses were 270 snappers, one was OB and one went into some deep rough. I pulled my shaft from my 915, and average was 12 yards longer than my D2. Needless to say the Kuro will be on the BST tomorrow.
[/quote]

I'm going to try and close the face first and then probably switch the shaft

I got to hit the M1 tonight with a Kuro Kage X shaft and an aldila X shaft.

I thought it was nice and felt good but I didn't think it was anything dramatically better than the RBZ I currently have. In fact I hit my driver than the M1 right after and didn't notice any crazy gains.

I was actually most impressed with the PSI irons at tonight's event.

Picked mine up last night. I probably won't be able to get out until the weekend but am anxious to see results on the course against SLDR 9* with Rogue Black and Fly-Z+ with stock VLCT. On the monitor (GC2), the M1 was producing slightly faster CHS and 5-6mph of ball speed.

Titleist TSR2 9* - HZRDUS Red
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red
Taylormade Stealth Hybrid 19* - Fujikura Ventus Red
Titleist T200 2023 4-PW Aerotech SteelFiber 95
Taylormade MG3 50, 54, Hi-Toe 60
Taylormade Spider GT Max

[quote name='Tilikum' timestamp='1445522834' post='12491622']
Does anyone know what length the Rogue silver 60 S is in the M1?
[/quote]

45.5 as standard.
You can custom order it any length you want

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

[quote name='mbshaf' timestamp='1445532021' post='12492302']Kudos to TM customer service. I wanted to put my Aldila Rogue Limited into the head but no one had adapters. I called TM and they are shipping new M1 adapter free of charge.[/quote]

Bought one on Friday from golf works...nice scam on your part though :P

[quote name='therealjonzone' timestamp='1445532341' post='12492338']
[quote name='mbshaf' timestamp='1445532021' post='12492302']Kudos to TM customer service. I wanted to put my Aldila Rogue Limited into the head but no one had adapters. I called TM and they are shipping new M1 adapter free of charge.[/quote]

Bought one on Friday from golf works...nice scam on your part though :P
[/quote]

Same here. I bought one from Golfworks at the same time I ordered the Fuji Pro 63 shaft I am going to use with my M1.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='Splyt' timestamp='1445518528' post='12491386']
Picked mine up last night. I probably won't be able to get out until the weekend but am anxious to see results on the course against SLDR 9* with Rogue Black and Fly-Z+ with stock VLCT. On the monitor (GC2), the M1 was producing slightly faster CHS and 5-6mph of ball speed.
[/quote]

Club head speed is estimated on GC2 unless it had the head tracking unit. The ball speed though is awesome! Well done!

New Bag in the making...

Great info in this thread. I just picked up one at Roget Dunn here - the 9.5 Kuro Kage S. Traded in a bunch of clubs and stuff I'm not using so it was not completely unbearable to pay for. I love the way it sits at address. Very neutral to slightly open feeling at the stock setting for me - which is what I've been looking for since I tend to have a strong grip and want to shut down left as much as possible. Won;t get to game it for another week or so since I have an injury.

There are some smoking great deals on eBay for those who don't need a brand spanking new club BTW. I would have bought one myself but I wanted to trade stuff in.

So I've been testing and demoing the m1 trying to replace my r15.

Cliff notes: I lofted down and it made all the difference to find the right m1 for me.

My current setup is a 9.5 r15 460 head set one click open with a Project x handcrafted LZ 6.0 shaft. Mid 150s outside, 14-15 deg launch 2000ish spin with a +3/4 deg AOA.

My first run of testing was with a 9.5 460, I found it to be similar to my old setup but spun more which is bad for my fade. The reason I love my r15 is because it helped me hit a really flat fade. I know people like crossfield say the weights don't make a difference and I've seldom believed the weights to make a difference but for me there was a measurable difference in spin with the weight front and back. My fitter never let me look at the specs while adjusting the settings but the back weight was definitely more spinning for me.

Next head I tried was a 9.5 430, which gave me similar numbers. Feel wise I think the 430 feels amazing, but decided against because these days I'm about buying the most forgiving equipment that fits your swing. On a monitor, this is definitely the longest.

Today I tested with a 8.5 460 with the weight in the middle in std loft. My r15 played at an effective 9.0 and this 8.5 was std setting. Numbers were nearly identical to my r15 setup.

So why change? I definitely think the m1 460 is more forgiving on what is my miss a slight heel strike, than the r15.

I still contend that the sldr r15 m1 when fitted will all be similar in distance (or any driver for that matter) but a slight mental boost in forgiveness and a great look at address was worth the upgrade.

Also, TM customer service is great. Truly.

M3 440 IZ-6
M3 15 IZ-7
P790
Handground Vokeys
009M custom

[quote name='bag302' timestamp='1445485015' post='12490494']
I got mine today. 9.5 Fuji stiff. Brought it to the range with my G30 LS 9 tour 80, SLDR 10.5 black tie 8m3 and SLDR 8 speeder 57

[/quote]

Just go to the upright setting and you are 4 degrees upright. Approx 60* lie angle

New Bag in the making...

I played a tough course on Tuesday with about a 10mph breeze going. Below are the gps'd numbers for the holes I pulled driver on:

287 (head wind), fairway
316 (tail wind), fairway
285 (uphill, head wind), fairway
318 (downhill, headwind), fairway
275 (anti left swing hook played away from water on right, crosswind), left rough
311 (slight downhill, crosswind), fairway bunker I didn't think I could reach
265 (uphill, headwind), fairway
304 (tailwind), 1st cut left
283 (uphill, crosswind), fairway
296 (downhill, crosswind), right rough

My buddy, who I've been playing with for 9 years now, couldn't believe the distance I was getting. Frankly, neither could I. Especially into the wind. With previous drivers, my usual average was around 270 total with around 255 carry. With the m1 I have an average carry of 270. I am not seeing any unexpected distance loss on off-center hits. It is amazing what the right combination of launch and spin can do for distance.

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

[quote name='jlukes' timestamp='1445602086' post='12495854']
I played a tough course on Tuesday with about a 10mph breeze going. Below are the gps'd numbers for the holes I pulled driver on:

287 (head wind), fairway
316 (tail wind), fairway
275 (anti left swing hook played away from water on right, crosswind), left rough

My buddy, who I've been playing with for 9 years now, couldn't believe the distance I was getting. Frankly, neither could I. Especially into the wind. With previous drivers, my usual average was around 270 total with around 255 carry. With the m1 I have an average carry of 270. I am not seeing any unexpected distance loss on off-center hits. It is amazing what the right combination of launch and spin can do for distance.
[/quote]

Good numbers

Which shaft did you use?

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

[quote name='jonn443' timestamp='1445603036' post='12495900']

287 (head wind), fairway
316 (tail wind), fairway

[/quote]

Good numbers

Which shaft did you use?
[/quote]

Fuji Pro Stiff. Just love the way I can feel it load and explode into the ball while not feeling like I am losing control. I could definitely game an xstiff, but I prefer the feel of Stiff and the numbers I see with xstiff are pretty much the same as with stiff.

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

287 (head wind), fairway
316 (tail wind), fairway

[/quote]
Where are you from......Keep in mind that the ground in most parts of the north east is rock hard......My driver is going farther right now than it ever has no matter what driver i use.

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1445607415' post='12496158']

287 (head wind), fairway
316 (tail wind), fairway

[/quote]
Where are you from......Keep in mind that the ground in most parts of the north east is rock hard......My driver is going farther right now than it ever has no matter what driver i use.
[/quote]

New Jersey. All that really matters is carry, and my carry numbers are up over 10 yards due to higher launch and lower spin

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

[quote name='TaylorMadeLuv' timestamp='1445557782' post='12494074']

[/quote]

Just go to the upright setting and you are 4 degrees upright. Approx 60* lie angle
[/quote]

Still not working for me. I had another range session last night. Same swing for all drivers.
-M1 setup with 2* closed face and in full draw setting: Still gave me mostly fades (some big)
-G30 LS goes mostly straight, but will draw or fade slightly depending on where the face contact is
-SLDR is always a draw at minimum (sometimes too much)

I'll try a different shaft next, but as of right now, the G30LS is staying in the bag

[quote name='bag302' timestamp='1445618539' post='12497128'][quote name='TaylorMadeLuv' timestamp='1445557782' post='12494074']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Still not working for me. I had another range session last night. Same swing for all drivers.
-M1 setup with 2* closed face and in full draw setting: Still gave me mostly fades (some big)
-G30 LS goes mostly straight, but will draw or fade slightly depending on where the face contact is
-SLDR is always a draw at minimum (sometimes too much)

I'll try a different shaft next, but as of right now, the G30LS is staying in the bag[/quote]

So what you're saying is you didn't take his advice and move to the upright setting?