Air Jordan 6 golf shoes!!!

[quote name='Ti-Cip ' timestamp='1441863462' post='12291798']
I never thought of myself as a reseller,, maybe I am.. In all honesty I wanted both colors, the infrareds for sure. But after looking at the Oreos more and more online, I've decided I don't like them as much as the other. So I figure why not take advantage of my gains... Heck isn't that what nike, eBay, PayPal, cell phone companies, etc do to us everyday??? So instead of complaining about us small fish in this game, you should be ranting at nike for not making at least 2-3 times more quantities!!!
[/quote]we all would love more quantity, but there isn't. You then take your gain and push it on someone else. You were lucky and took advantage and make someone pay more. Enjoy the extra wedge in your bag ( way too far and might not be you). My thing is bred 4s go for 250 tops and cement 3s go for no more than 275. The fact people are asking for 400ish for the cleats is absurd. That's you becoming nike, jordan brand

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ti-Cip ' timestamp='1441863462' post='12291798']
I never thought of myself as a reseller,, maybe I am.. In all honesty I wanted both colors, the infrareds for sure. But after looking at the Oreos more and more online, I've decided I don't like them as much as the other. So I figure why not take advantage of my gains... Heck isn't that what nike, eBay, PayPal, cell phone companies, etc do to us everyday??? So instead of complaining about us small fish in this game, you should be ranting at nike for not making at least 2-3 times more quantities!!!
[/quote]
It's a free market and the price is determined by supply and demand. Sure it has faults, but it's the best system.

If people want to complain they should direct it at the root causes of a high market clearing price. In this case, it's constrained supply so complain about the forces that limited the supply. But I will cease further discussion since it is off-topic.

In the Bag:

• Titleist 690MB Forged Irons 3-PW
  • TaylorMade M3 Driver with TENSEI Blue Stiff Shaft
  • TaylorMade V-Steel 15° 3-Wood
  • Titleist Spin Milled 56° and 60° Wedges
  • Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec Putter

[quote name='Mula' timestamp='1441879417' post='12292080']
New nike access code system is going into effect so sign up for Nike plus and hopefully this solves a lot of the reseller issue
[/quote]

I don't see how. Resellers will just sign up for massive accounts to hopefully get a code.

The online raffle might be a better way. You need a new phone number everytime. Unless you're a big time reseller that can afford multiple lines. But this is a big overhead for them anyways.

Nike loves the resellers...it generates hype and inflated value of the product. If they really wanted to get rid of the resellers, they would just make unlimited production. Then everyone who really wanted them can get them. But that would make them uncool so no one would want them. Its a spinning circle just like you see when trying to add to cart...

G400 LST -Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
G25 3W - Ping tour X-Flex
G30 5W - Ping Tour X
MP 5 - TI X100
Vokey 50/54/58
DJ Spider Ltd

[quote name='NYCgolfer17' timestamp='1441890604' post='12292646']
Nike loves the resellers...it generates hype and inflated value of the product. If they really wanted to get rid of the resellers, they would just make unlimited production. Then everyone who really wanted them can get them. But that would make them uncool so no one would want them. Its a spinning circle just like you see when trying to add to cart...
[/quote]

I agree. They know what they're doing and they're doing it really well.

The only thing I was a little set aback about was that they allowed people to get more than 1 pair at the release. More power to ya if you got them and really wanted them to wear. Unfortunately my shoe size is the 'average' so I spun for 50 minutes before they booted me out.

But it is hard not to chuckle at the 8 or so pairs sitting on the BST

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

Hilarious that all of a sudden they are "not for me"...

People bought these to resell. And there ain't a darnnnn thing wrong with that. Just don't play the woe is me I-wanted-to-like-them BS card.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

I was lucky enough to get both colors of the runner flight and only wanted to keep the grey. I was going the to return the black to Nike but then thought that a Nike employee might snatch them up when I took them back.

If I sold my extra pair at least someone would get them who would really want them.

I put them on the bay and accepted one of the lower offers because I was looking to move them at a fair price and I wasn't looking to gouge anyone.

Long story short...

I thought I was doing the right thing but the shoes cost me an extra 10% because of sales tax. Then the bay and his pal took out around another 10% in seller and transaction fees. Then the guy who bought it was across the country so shipping a pair of size 13's was not cheap.

All in all I lost money on the deal and I felt like. Schmuck so in the future I'm just going to return what I don't want. I also don't mind paying a reseller a little bit more to get the shoe. I won't pay an exorbitant amount because the practice of reselling seems stupid to me.

I also understand the people who have a hard time believing all the "extra pairs" on BST. My brother somehow managed it and I couldn't get one. It is possible I guess.

This is part of the game. I'm glad they are finally making these things at least. I personally think the 14's will make the best golf shoe. The 11's will crease way too much.

I have a hard time understanding anybody's problem with people selling an item for whatever price they choose to sell it for. For once, I was on the positive side of getting a very limited item at the launch. I have a choice between the value of keeping it or the value of the money (and the things I can do with th that money) I would receive from selling it/them.

I don't see this as any different than Masters tickets, a tour Scotty Cameron, a collectible Bettindardi putter or an autographed piece of memorabilia. All of which have a very lucrative and accepted secondary market.

Take a deep breath people, and if you don't see the value, then move on. It's not worth getting upset about and insulting each other over.

Titleist TSi3 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
TM Spider Tour X
Titleist Pro V1

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

LOL! There are a ton of these on the BST!

Is it because they aren't as cool in person, or just to make a quick $100? Mine are at home and I'm out of town on business so I'm dying to see them in person.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1441905979' post='12294180']

Is it because they aren't as cool in person, or just to make a quick $100? Mine are at home and I'm out of town on business so I'm dying to see them in person.
[/quote]

I think a mix of both. My brother got both. Oreo looks great and striking. Infrared which he liked more seemed plain to me.

They definitely look sharper with pants.

Waitaminute! Mr. Classic Premium Leather is gonna be out there rocking J's?

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1441906423' post='12294246']

[/quote]

I think a mix of both. My brother got both. Oreo looks great and striking. Infrared which he liked more seemed plain to me.

They definitely look sharper with pants.

Waitaminute! Mr. Classic Premium Leather is gonna be out there rocking J's?
[/quote]

LOL! I love J's, have always loved em ever since I was a kid growing up. Golf is different though.. my style on the golf course is much more preppy than off the course. :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='ctfuzz21' timestamp='1441905295' post='12294090']
I have a hard time understanding anybody's problem with people selling an item for whatever price they choose to sell it for. For once, I was on the positive side of getting a very limited item at the launch. I have a choice between the value of keeping it or the value of the money (and the things I can do with th that money) I would receive from selling it/them.

I don't see this as any different than Masters tickets, a tour Scotty Cameron, a collectible Bettindardi putter or an autographed piece of memorabilia. All of which have a very lucrative and accepted secondary market.

Take a deep breath people, and if you don't see the value, then move on. It's not worth getting upset about and insulting each other over.
[/quote]

Trust me it's no different.

People just didn't like you trying to justify why you are selling them. And you priced them MUCH higher than any other pair on the bst.

Cut the story. Price them in line with the bst and you wouldn't have got the hate.

[/quote]

Tai, mine are up on the BST not to make a buck, but because there is just NO way I am wearing these things out to my course. I think they would revoke my membership. I love me some J's, but these just aren't meant to be a golf shoe IMO. I really with the Jordan Runners would have come out in a size 14 as I think those look great on the course. Looks like I will be picking up some LC3s or something in the near future.

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

[quote name='Tarheelnation3' timestamp='1441907573' post='12294402']

[/quote]

Tai, mine are up on the BST not to make a buck, but because there is just NO way I am wearing these things out to my course. I think they would revoke my membership. I love me some J's, but these just aren't meant to be a golf shoe IMO. I really with the Jordan Runners would have come out in a size 14 as I think those look great on the course. Looks like I will be picking up some LC3s or something in the near future.
[/quote]

When you print money in the way that you do, I know you're not trying to make a quick buck :) I'm thinking I'm in the same boat with these, even the Flight Runners are pushing it for me. The LC3's will probably be a must have for me.. I [i]want [/i]to start wearing more Nike gear, it's just too far off from the stuff I wear right now. Huge Nike fan, their clothing lines/colors/fits are just all over the place for my tastes.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why did you buy in the first place if you knew you were not going to wear them?

If the 6 wasn't meant to be a golf shoe model, then why buy a pair, right?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1441907864' post='12294436']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I used to collect Jordans. Always loved them. I bought because I was hopeful in person they would be something I could wear on the course. I guess I didn't honestly think they would look EXACTLY like a pair of VI I have played b-ball in. I have had Jordans in Baseball cleats, Football cleats, etc. I got them in, opened the box excited, and immediately after seeing them knew that it just wouldn't work. Not sure if that makes me a bad person or not, but I really don't care. I bought in the hopes that they would work for me and they just don't. I don't need to get my hustle on for $50-100 any more. It takes way too much time and energy. These were fairly easy to grab and I did so while on a call, so it wasn't a waste of my time or day.

What's in the bag:

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1441907848' post='12294432']

[/quote]

[/quote]

When you print money in the way that you do, I know you're not trying to make a quick buck :) I'm thinking I'm in the same boat with these, even the Flight Runners are pushing it for me. The LC3's will probably be a must have for me.. I [i]want [/i]to start wearing more Nike gear, it's just too far off from the stuff I wear right now. Huge Nike fan, their clothing lines/colors/fits are just all over the place for my tastes.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don't see you wearing these either. I'm actually starting to gravitate towards Nike golf gear (it's been years since I have). Liking the way a lot of it fits and looks. I just picked up a pretty sick black and volt carry bag with the club logo on it. So, I'm all for some Volt outlines on my stuff!

What's in the bag:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think if you were not out to make a buck then you would've priced them much closer to retail instead of $175 over.

[quote name='Tarheelnation3' timestamp='1441908088' post='12294466']
[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1441907864' post='12294436']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I used to collect Jordans. Always loved them. I bought because I was hopeful in person they would be something I could wear on the course. I guess I didn't honestly think they would look EXACTLY like a pair of VI I have played b-ball in. I have had Jordans in Baseball cleats, Football cleats, etc. I got them in, opened the box excited, and immediately after seeing them knew that it just wouldn't work. Not sure if that makes me a bad person or not, but I really don't care. I bought in the hopes that they would work for me and they just don't. I don't need to get my hustle on for $50-100 any more. It takes way too much time and energy. [b]These were fairly easy to grab and I did so while on a call, so it wasn't a waste of my time or day.[/b]
[/quote]

True. Easy to get, I was surprised. Thought it would be a hassle.

I had them on my feet this morning, everything but the toe box looks great. Looks so bulky and reminds me of a pancake or something.

Wish they made it smaller, going to give a try on the course soon to see how they look and feel.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='ctfuzz21' timestamp='1441905295' post='12294090']

[/quote]

you are correct... sell them for what price you want... but don't go and try to justify the price by saying $500 is right around what they're selling for on eBay... which is half true. 375,400,350,499,350,399, are the [b]actual[/b] selling prices of the last 6 shoe listings... current ones are up for sale for numbers close to yours which is probably why they haven't sold.
I couldn't care less about flippers, more power to you.. I have quite a few friends who got a couple pairs and were able to flip them quickly... but what I do care about is that people try and pull the wool over people's eyes by telling half-truths.
If you noticed, your ad was the only ad that got any response because you felt the need to call them 'unicorns' then went and tried to tell us what they've sold for on ebay when it is a click away to verify that..... plus, everyone on ebay takes a 10% hit right off the bat... so the net net is quite a bit lower....

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

I don't blame people for making a quick buck by buying a shoe online and then selling it at 200% MSRP if there is someone willing to pay it, but it is a little comical when you read all the half baked lies as to why they are for sale. "Bought them cause I loved the look but the laces are a half inch shorter than I like so I'm just passing them along to you guys... $750 shipped" For the record I have never liked the sixes but I would pay a pretty penny for some elevens.

[quote name='joey2aces' timestamp='1441912744' post='12294890'][quote name='ctfuzz21' timestamp='1441905295' post='12294090']

[/quote]

you are correct... sell them for what price you want... but don't go and try to justify the price by saying $500 is right around what they're selling for on eBay... which is half true. 375,400,350,499,350,399, are the [b]actual[/b] selling prices of the last 6 shoe listings... current ones are up for sale for numbers close to yours which is probably why they haven't sold.
I couldn't care less about flippers, more power to you.. I have quite a few friends who got a couple pairs and were able to flip them quickly... but what I do care about is that people try and pull the wool over people's eyes by telling half-truths.
If you noticed, your ad was the only ad that got any response because you felt the need to call them 'unicorns' then went and tried to tell us what they've sold for on ebay when it is a click away to verify that..... plus, everyone on ebay takes a 10% hit right off the bat... so the net net is quite a bit lower....[/quote]

First of all, there's no half truth being told to anybody. Here's a screenshot of the recent selling prices of the INFRARED SZ 12's. You will find that the price I listed clearly falls within that range, and gives me room to negotiate from that price if need be. Finally, the unicorn comment was not meant to be literal! There were far less sz 12s in the Infrareds available than other sizes and styles, hence the comment. So, I would politely ask you to refrain from accusations of "half-truths" being thrown around.
[attachment=2948424:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1441916080.338990.jpg][attachment=2948426:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1441916124.543256.jpg]

Titleist TSi3 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
TM Spider Tour X
Titleist Pro V1

I also said I based the price I was asking off what I found a very respected online retailer had there sz 12's listed at, as well. It's a seller that many of us, in this thread, purchase from, regularly.

Titleist TSi3 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
TM Spider Tour X
Titleist Pro V1