2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Paige Spiranac?

Endres

The biggest issue I have with any of these gals not just Paige is the level of play does not match the opportunities given. I mean you are not seeing anyone on the Gateway tour grace the cover of Golf Digest or get sponsors exemptions to big Euro Tour events, be featured on social media by sponsors, be featured on golfwrx etc etc etc. There are dozens of other more talented players out there on the Symetra/LET tours who are more deserving and could make better use of the incredible opportunities given to these IG sensation types. I am also not a fan of the precedent it sets to young women who do have talent that the only way to garner attention is to suggestively pimp yourself out for sponsor $.

At the end of the day they all may be great people, but in a competitive environment where skill should be the measure of success they fall short of that requirement right now. I mean there is a gal playing this weekend whose best competitive round is a 74 and scoring average closer to 80???????????????

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But One_Putt, Paige told Lydia that the Golf Digest shoot is not all it's cracked up to be. It's hard getting out of that spandex. Paige. Really. Said. That.

She has played better of late. She shot 68 to win a Cactus Tour event earlier this year. But from what I read, that was her first round in the 60s ever.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

But One_Putt, Paige told Lydia that the Golf Digest shoot is not all it's cracked up to be. It's hard getting out of that spandex. Paige. Really. Said. That.

She has played better of late. She shot 68 to win a Cactus Tour event earlier this year. But from what I read, that was her first round in the 60s ever.

Then someone was wrong. She had another round in the 60's ealier-and a few 70 scores. No idea what she did in college or in other events. However, like I said I do not think she deserves to get these invites. Flip side is she does deserve them more than does Blair O'Neal at this point.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

The best thing Paige (actually all people can do) is similar to what we all learned in sex ed:

- If you don't want to even run the risk of something negative, then abstinence is the best choice.

- If you're going to participate in it, then protect and prepare yourself as much as you can from the threat of negatives. Block users who post negative stuff, grow some thick skin to shake off the comments, etc.

She is a model first and foremost, and an aspiring golfer second. She just found her niche to market her modeling career with golf, just as other good looking girls will broadcast themselves on YouTube playing a video game and have thousands of people watch it. IMO, Paige's playing ability hasn't justified the opportunities given, but it's also not her fault for saying yes when the invitation letter comes in the mail.

It's a double edge sword for the promoters of these tournaments. Their goal is ticket sales and eye balls on the TV broadcast. They could choose a less attractive player who is a better golfer than Paige, but shooting several shots lower a round may not do much in terms of ticket sales and eye balls. They can choose someone like Paige who is very easy on the eye but doesn't have the same skill, but she will attract ticket sales and eye balls on the TV broadcast.

Just like the old song "Video Killed the Radio Star", social media has kind of killed the more skilled yet less attractive star.

The best thing Paige (actually all people can do) is similar to what we all learned in sex ed:

- If you don't want to even run the risk of something negative, then abstinence is the best choice.

- If you're going to participate in it, then protect and prepare yourself as much as you can from the threat of negatives. Block users who post negative stuff, grow some thick skin to shake off the comments, etc.

She is a model first and foremost, and an aspiring golfer second. She just found her niche to market her modeling career with golf, just as other good looking girls will broadcast themselves on YouTube playing a video game and have thousands of people watch it. IMO, Paige's playing ability hasn't justified the opportunities given, but it's also not her fault for saying yes when the invitation letter comes in the mail.

It's a double edge sword for the promoters of these tournaments. Their goal is ticket sales and eye balls on the TV broadcast. They could choose a less attractive player who is a better golfer than Paige, but shooting several shots lower a round may not do much in terms of ticket sales and eye balls. They can choose someone like Paige who is very easy on the eye but doesn't have the same skill, but she will attract ticket sales and eye balls on the TV broadcast.

Just like the old song "Video Killed the Radio Star", social media has kind of killed the more skilled yet less attractive star.

You mean she's being forced???

Because that's a whole lot worse than willingly posting pics and vids of yourself in next to nothing on the internet. And I think maybe even illegal too

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Because that's a whole lot worse than willingly posting pics and vids of yourself in next to nothing on the internet. And I think maybe even illegal too

Not sure I understand your bolding and follow up question, but she is not forced to accept the invitation. Her income is through modeling and exposure, so should she go ahead and pass on the invitation to increase her exposure? The blame should be put on the tour promoters for not putting a higher emphasis on playing ability over attractiveness, but that then goes back to my second to last paragraph.

Killed to who? Not necessarily all those who follow the LPGA Tour. Inbee Park and Shanshan Feng are huge attractions to people who value golfing skill.

She has "killed" the ladies who have beat her on the lower mini tours but haven't quite made the cut on the LPGA. Not the top LPGA stars like Inbee and others.

I don't think that women have to be completely covered up or can't wear anything revealing. No woman who dresses scantily-clad deserves to get raped or bullied or harassed. I bet 99% of Paige's cyber bullying was done by men. And that stuff is wrong. But she also should stop denying what got her to where she was. Yes her golf is improving, but she's where she is primarily due to using her body. And many women have no problem saying, "It's mine, I can do what I want with it." But please stop publicly denying that.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Not sure I understand your bolding and follow up question, but she is not forced to accept the invitation. Her income is through modeling and exposure, so should she go ahead and pass on the invitation to increase her exposure? The blame should be put on the tour promoters for not putting a higher emphasis on playing ability over attractiveness, but that then goes back to my second to last paragraph.

Killed to who? Not necessarily all those who follow the LPGA Tour. Inbee Park and Shanshan Feng are huge attractions to people who value golfing skill.

She has "killed" the ladies who have beat her on the lower mini tours but haven't quite made the cut on the LPGA. Not the top LPGA stars like Inbee and others.

If those players have the talent, they will make it to the LPGA Tour. Giving a few spots to enormously popular Instagram stars won't keep the cream from rising to the top.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Long quoted text with apparently too many quotes attached to show

I agree, just like how Adele has made a killing in the music industry while not looking like a model.

Talent and determination will ultimately be the deciding factor, but being attractive certainly does have it's perks in almost every single form of sport/entertainment.

If the talk of never playing well is to be believed, I am curious to know what warranted the sponsorship opportunity from Callaway. That kind of talk clearly comes from people just throwing things out there, without any research.

Paige is in the business end of things and has found a way around the path that she may not have made it on. Many things have been said about her in this thread, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she's smart.

+1 to everything said about how sub-human the bullying/shaming is. It's so prevelant it's sad. Whether directed at Paige, or any other guy/girl.

Part of me wonders though...

Although fault or blame never falls on the person being attacked, is it possible that the target of any shaming/bullying play also plays a role in some way?

For instance, if I was to go out of my way and post some inflamatory political view about Trump/Clinton, do I not open myself up to the negative or demeaning responses I might recieve as a result of my post? If I didn't want that conversation (and the bullying that comes with it) to happen, should I have opened up the topic in the first place?

Like I said previously, I DO NOT believe that the shaming/bullying is okay. But if someone purposefully and intentionally highlights/exposes/features a physical part of them, do they not open the door to the resluting conversation that comes with it?

Honestly, I've seen people post inflamitory crap and then say "they don't wanna hear it" when someone chimes in with their own opinion, and that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard lol.

I think you open yourself up to criticism, absolutely. But the way people convey themselves, and their opinions, is what makes it right or wrong.

"I believe this outfit lacks taste and is unprofessional" vs "what an effing who*e, this sl*t can't even golf" is pretty much what you get, and the ladder is what you'll find most of the time. Different viewpoints and opinions is a healthy thing to observe, but people don't seem to be constructive with this anymore.

If the talk of never playing well is to be believed, I am curious to know what warranted the sponsorship opportunity from Callaway. That kind of talk clearly comes from people just throwing things out there, without any research.

Surely you can't be serious??

WITB:
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Paige is in the business end of things and has found a way around the path that she may not have made it on. Many things have been said about her in this thread, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she's smart.

Influencer Marketing in regards to her Callaway sponsorship. We are just seeing an ad every time she posts something about golfing and relating it to Callaway, and subconsciously may influence people to lean towards them when it comes time for a purchase decision.

just my opinion here but...who the heck cares about this chick, what she does, what she looks like or where she ends up?

much ado about nothing to be honest. same goes for the Chelsea chick. you're a golfer -- be a golfer, succeed and then we'll have something to chew on -- I'm sure Argonne and the boys will talk about your 'fashion' in due time.

fashion/model/whatever women won't last in the sport -- they're just posing figures at shows -- see: Blair O'Neal.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

More Instagram followers than almost anyone and any company in golf will bring you sponsorships. Are Cactus Tour players signed by Callaway normally? Look at Callaway - they typically sign female golfers who are attractive, not in the top-30 of world rankings.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

More Instagram followers than almost anyone and any company in golf will bring you sponsorships. Are Cactus Tour players signed by Callaway normally? Look at Callaway - they typically sign female golfers who are attractive, not in the top-30 of world rankings.

I'll just leave this here #Callaway

WITB:
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

she's not selling golf. she's selling sex. (I'm not saying i'm against that :-D ), i'm just against these chicks trying to tell us they're doing some kind of mission work to grow the game of golf and women's participation in it.

A topless pic with a golf club pressed against your chest is not growing the game. that's growing something else. lol

Gotta love us men: Show me your sex appeal Paige, but shame on you and the other golf entities for using you. No one else but us individual men can profit off of you!

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

This will take some steam out of Instagram trolls:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/06/technology/instagram-turn-off-comments/index.html

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 3i 20*, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

Not to make a direct comparison, but Nike (and her dad) pushed Michelle Wie all over the golf map before she ever hit two fairways in a row.

If Paige can make a living out of what she is doing I have no quarrel with it.

No offense, but your comparison is apples and oranges. Even back then, at age 13 or 14, Michelle was a golfing prodigy. Not defending Bo and BJ, but they were only marketing Michelle's golfing ability which was other-worldly, not her beauty or anything else that has no correlation to her god-given abilities. Whether that was smart on their part is completely different topic of conversation (and has been beaten to death in other threads on this site and others).

What they really need is a Butters to weed out the bad comments and only let the random internet dudes who tell them how good at golf and good looking they are comment.

south-park-s19e05c08-im-overloaded_16x9.jpg?quality=0.8

The above is slightly in jest. No one should be subject to threats of violence or sexual harassment, however I have seen multiple episodes where people simple voiced their opinion without being derogatory or vulgar and she has responded using the bully word.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

This will take some steam out of Instagram trolls:

http://money.cnn.com...ents/index.html

WHAT ABOUT MY FREE SPEECH?

We get that a lot around here too, lol.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 3i 20*, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

If my choices are Paige/Cheyenne/Blair playing okay golf or Inbee/Shanshan/Stacy Lewis playing great golf, I guess I'm part of the problem because I am choosing the former.

Married to Callaway Clubs but I cheat with Nike Clubs on occasion.

LOL @ the thought of Paige turning off Instagram comments. She lives for that stuff. She's a narcissist. Which is my point -- you're in this to hear people tell you how pretty you are. Don't get upset when 1 out of every 50 people say something mean.

And no, she has no status on any worthwhile tour based on her skill because she bombed out of Q School Stage 1. And she's going to bomb out of Dubai this week and cry in a press conference, talk about how she's considering quitting, and then post her rack on Instagram by Wednesday and it'll be all good again