Paige Spiranac?

Endres

The worst thing about a Paige Spiranac is the conversation she generates. It's all a bunch of internet white knights lecturing each other on how publicity works, how professional sports and entertainment work, how business works etc.

So true. This "issue" is quite polarizing.

Married to Callaway Clubs but I cheat with Nike Clubs on occasion.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Freedom of Choice????

I don't know if Spirinac will make it as a golfer or a model...or something else.

But this is a mostly free country and she's doing what she wants to do.

At least she's taking her shot.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

It was pretty sad listening to her talk about cyber bullying. I don't know if it's in fact because she sent a selfie to one of the pros, but the instances she was referring to in her presser were all in regards to previous incidents.

Is she using sex to sell her image and gain attention? Absolutely. Does that mean she deserves to be told that she should be dead and her parents are horrible people and would be better off dead? Not so much.

Even the male pros talk about having to tune out the social media and get on with their lives. It's unfortunate that there isn't some consequence for the level of vitriol that some put out there online.

Best wishes to Paige and the other golf "models" - hopefully they'll develop the game to drop the modelling and be the whole package.

No one should be bullied in person or online, especially kids. Paige is covering all the angles, she wants to be a pro golfer but is hedging her bets as a model / web model.

When you attempt to gain fame through social media you have to expect to gain fans and detractors. People hiding behind a keyboard can be very mean, she and her advisors had to know that all the comments wouldn't be positive and supportive. No one should be wished dead or the other things she claimed but the current state of social media is it's basically un-moderated, enter at your own risk, except for what has been deemed hate speech.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

That's because a men's player with no status on any significant mini tour would not be given an exemption into a web or Euro tour event regardless of how many followers he had. If there was there would most certainly be similar backlash. See the one relevant exception I can recall Jerry Rice playing in Bay Area Web.com event and that was more about local draw and Jerry is the GOAT. Still didn't deserve the spot but at least it kinda made sense from a local perspective.

I will have zero issue with any of these ladies if they ever end up playing well and earning a spot. I have a huge issue with the fact they don't even have status on the Symetra tour yet there given a sponsors exemption because they're instafanous and have done nothing to earn it besides post scantily clad pictures playing mediocre golf.

Actually, some pretty insignificant male players have gotten exemptions into events, often for being stars in other sports, such as when Jerry Rice got an exemption into what was then the Nationwide Tour.

Nigel Mansell, F1 driver played in the Australian Open!!!

Surprised, maybe he has deeper pockets than it comes across

Minor League baseball player? I think she is just trolling every dude out there so hard, like Hugh Jackman and his wife. Just look at the ring pic. It ain't no fun when the rabbit has the gun. Good for her though, pay back is... well you know what they say. She gets the last laugh.

The worst thing about a Paige Spiranac is the conversation she generates. It's all a bunch of internet white knights lecturing each other on how publicity works, how professional sports and entertainment work, how business works etc.

In any case, see you all come next year's Dubai Ladies Masters I guess.

Lots of side cash to be made in Dubai for "Instagram models".

"Making your way in the world today, takes everything you've got.............."

Good for her, you got it, use it.

Agree. Can't blame her for making a living any way she can. If I was a good looking chick, I would try and do the same.

Callaway Epic Flash
Taylormade R11 3 Wood
Callaway X Hot
Srixon Z785 4-PW
Vokey SM5 52
Vokey SM6 56
Vokey SM7 60
Odyssey Versa Works Sabertooth

Agree. Can't blame her for making a living any way she can. If I was a good looking chick, I would try and do the same.

That's all fine, but it's a question of attitude. Be honest and admit it's looks not golf. Don't sulk when your golf gets criticised......

That's all fine, but it's a question of attitude. Be honest and admit it's looks not golf. Don't sulk when your golf gets criticised......

worked out fine for that Tennis girl.

she never really won anything but the visual impact met cultural values of beauty and now and then the world isnt fair.

Knows the secret to the golf swing to own it.
300+ yards and 4% dispersion for unmatched accuracy
Golf God

worked out fine for that Tennis girl.

she never really won anything but the visual impact met cultural values of beauty and now and then the world isnt fair.

She did reach #8 in the singles rankings though. A lot of good finishes. Because of injuries she basically had to retire at 21.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• 1 month later...

Pretty good article on Paige by Alan Shipnuck:

My thoughts:

Not that it matters, but she doesn't look quite as attractive in these pics. Don't tell me she isn't cute, she clearly is. When she played in Dubai the first time, ratings were up 400%. It does have to stink to get a bunch of naked pics sent to you on IG each day. I hope she does well on the Cactus Tour. My only issue is that Paige doesn't seem to want to admit how she got so popular and that she marketed her body and that is going to come with a whole lotta crap fair or not.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

She loves to let everyone know she is a victim. I feel bad for her, no one deserves the vitriol spewed online today.

I've never met a person life took it easy on. I hope she realizes she is blessed with this opportunity and to seize it, quit selling that you've been a victim. Frankly, most people don't care

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

She loves to let everyone know she is a victim. I feel bad for her, no one deserves the vitriol spewed online today.

I've never met a person life took it easy on. I hope she realizes she is blessed with this opportunity and to seize it, quit selling that you've been a victim. Frankly, most people don't care

I have to agree with you. If the worst part of your day is having random guys and gals send you nudies on IG, your life is easy. She plays golf for a living and makes money off her appearance, not much to complain about IMO.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

What a joke. She posts pictures that are flagrantly attention-seeking and begging for objectification and then cries when she gets the attention. The worst kind of person.

Unreal. "Why am I getting all of this attention?!" asks the girl with fake boobs and hundreds of half-naked selfies

Hard to argue with that.

Golf is a high skill international sport. To get respect you need measure up. We expect a high level of competence from jobs that require a lot of skill - doctors, lawyers, computer programmers, classical orchestral musicians and so on. It's inevitable that those who don't meet the required skill level don't get the right level of respect. Even if we set the required skill level for the LPGA at Rolex top 100, Spiranac is nowhere near it.

Spiranac is pretty much to golf what a karaoke singer is to a top operatic soprano.

What a joke. She posts pictures that are flagrantly attention-seeking and begging for objectification and then cries when she gets the attention. The worst kind of person.

Unreal. "Why am I getting all of this attention?!" asks the girl with fake boobs and hundreds of half-naked selfies

there is 'Attention' then there's ATTENTION!

I'm sure you are capable of distinguishing the two.

Not that it matters, but she doesn't look quite as attractive in these pics. Don't tell me she isn't cute, she clearly is.

Gonna go ahead and agree there. I think she is a cute and fit girl who, from certain selfie angles, can sometimes look like a knockout.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but I am actually happy for both her and her fiance.

Hard to argue with that.

Golf is a high skill international sport. To get respect you need measure up. We expect a high level of competence from jobs that require a lot of skill - doctors, lawyers, computer programmers, classical orchestral musicians and so on. It's inevitable that those who don't meet the required skill level don't get the right level of respect. Even if we set the required skill level for the LPGA at Rolex top 100, Spiranac is nowhere near it.

Spiranac is pretty much to golf what a karaoke singer is to a top operatic soprano.

What a ****head comment.

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

Oh how I hate the attention I get....https://www.instagra...ige.renee&hl=en

Public social media accounts clearly mean you don`t sharing your life with the world.

Obviously she noticed her WRX thread had slowed down and posted something to drive the post count. She knows her golf game won't do it.

She like Kim Kardashian-constantly post revealing pictures of yourself to get noticed and then complain that's all you get noticed for. When interest wanes, post some more.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

i want to date her asap

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]