Making a Murderer on Netflix (Possible Spoilers Alert)

Yanki01

Has anyone seen it yet?

*Possible spoilers*

Wife and I watched it the past two days and wow. It makes you really think about the judicial system a bit.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too thought that along with the boy but I feel with this case gaining A LOT of national attention again (don't remember what Good Morning America said about it in 2010), I think they have a real shot on something happening in their favor.

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

Actually watching episode 1 right now. A lot of people have said its so good.

Driver- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

4H- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699U 21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges - Sub 70 286 50+54 degree

Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #11

*spoiler*

a lot of theories regarding what could have actually happened. I can't get how the jury could see beyond a reasonable doubt. some on Reddit say it was a little biased or at least the State does but they had their chance on telling their side of the case. based on what was given in the documentary, I don't see how anyone can be convinced Avery did it.

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

So initially I thought the prosecutor, judge, and jury were scum, but I learned that major evidence was left out of the documentary. After reading that evidence I don't feel bad anymore that he has a lifetime sentence.

The case wasn't handled well. That's a fact. The author of the documentary is biased. Another fact.

I'm most of the way through it, and the whole thing is just so frustrating that it's depressing. Regardless of who committed that murder (and Avery most likely did anyway), there was so much reasonable doubt in this trial that the jury should have never voted to convict.

It's a shame that no one really understands that the state ALWAYS has burden of proof. Even scarier is the all-too-familiar reaction to someone invoking their 5th amendment right. Guilty, innocent, it makes no different....the very EXISTENCE of that right is the only reason anyone ever needs to invoke it. I wish there was someone competent, like you know, an attorney, to be present and tell Brendan Dassey he didn't have to be brow beaten into a confession by his own lawyer's investigator.

So, apparently there's a Wisconsin law that prohibits the defense from suggesting alternate suspects but there were several other individuals on the property at the same time that day. There was certainly an opportunity. But the most damning point is the recorded phone call from the one sheriff's deputy asking the plate to be run.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Almost finished the series. It's been interesting to say the least. Very hard to pass judgment, given we're seeing exactly what they want us to see, but as others have echoed - there is reasonable doubt abound. The prosecution's case, and physical evidence is so scattered. They essentially didn't find the scene of the murder. They're suggesting he killed her in the garage, but there is zero blood anywhere. The confession of Brendan says they restrained her and cut her up inside the trailer, but again - no blood. It's bizarre. He could very well be 100% guilty, but the case seems to have been handled extremely poorly.

for some reason her ex-boyfriend, Brendans step-father or his brother have some involvement IMO. I don't think Brendan had anything to do with whatever happened nor do we know exactly how she died being she was burned other than a bullet in the head.

I know some evidence was left out but there's still not 100% proof Avery did it (though I'm also not 100% convinced he DIDN'T do it).

it's going to take new evidence for something to happen but given this documentary is gaining a lot of attention, I think it could be sooner than later.

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

So initially I thought the prosecutor, judge, and jury were scum, but I learned that major evidence was left out of the documentary. After reading that evidence I don't feel bad anymore that he has a lifetime sentence.

The case wasn't handled well. That's a fact. The author of the documentary is biased. Another fact.

This. Very easy to change the order of "facts" and make them appear what they aren't. A good documentary film maker can make a viewer believe almost anything.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

per Faux news, the "major evidence" that the prosecutor says was left out was Avery's DNA on the hood latch, meaning he opened the hood. Another was that Dassey's jeans from that day had bleach spots pointing they used bleach to clean up evidence. (who's to say it wasn't washed with white clothes that day?). I still don't say 100% that he was innocent but those facts along with others that were presented in the case give no indentation that Avery in fact killed her. the documentary also failed to tell us that the burn pit he had on his property (2 were brought up in the case) was not the burn pit she was burned in. He was acquitted of that charge BTW.

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

The DNA on the hood latch is a big swinger in terms of evidence, but could have simply meant that Steven interacted with Theresa while she was taking photos. Also the "leg irons and handcuffs" were pink fuzzy restraints bought from a sex toy store.

After watching Eps 9 and 10, I am straight up depressed about the way the system screwed Brendan Dassey. Kid is an idiot and had his first lawyer conspire against him. Then, after that, all the appeals courts and the state Supreme Court wouldn't even hear his case. What a crock of shite.

So many things that made me rage while watching, but the investigator saying "yeah, he had 5 days to clean up" is absolutely ridiculous. A kid who doesn't know the difference between feet and yards, or the meaning of the word "inconsistent," now has the wherewithal to retrace his steps and sanitize the entire "crime scene" of his DNA and blood? The police even jackhammered the garage floor to look seeped blood and uncovered nothing.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Every documentary will have some inherent bias of the filmmaker's involved. You can't escape it. There doesn't appear to anything out there in terms of what the filmmakers left out that would significantly sway an opinion that Avery is guilty. I suspect any competent defense team could handles those items rather easily.

With that said, this is a classic example of the Sherlock Holmes logical theory of "The Dog that Didn't Bark." The real strength of Avery's claim of innocence is the absence of evidence one would expect of a murder scene of this magnatude claimed by the prosecution, rather than what was presented.

One thing that nobody is discussing is that both Avery and Dassey are intellectually disabled. Both had IQ's hovering around 70 and Dassey is even more cognitively disable than Steven. My wife has a PhD in Special Education and what the system did to Dassey is criminal. All of his behaviors were consistent with a kid of his intellectual disabilities.

One final thought is it is really quite condemnation of the jurors in a sense that not a single one, in either case, had the gumption to stand up against the other jurors.

All and all a pretty sad commentary on human beings all the way around.

You sir are very wrong. There was no major evidence left out. That he called and asked for her a few times because he had worked with her before and trusted her? That they found DNA under the hood of the car? Care to explain how that's major evidence? Care to explain all the evidence Kratz conveniently ignored? Care to explain Kratz now losing his legs license for inappropriately texting Sexual Assualt victims?

You sir are very wrong. There was no major evidence left out. That he called and asked for her a few times because he had worked with her before and trusted her? That they found DNA under the hood of the car? Care to explain how that's major evidence? Care to explain all the evidence Kratz conveniently ignored? Care to explain Kratz now losing his legs license for inappropriately texting Sexual Assualt victims?

Avery called TH 3 times to request her to take pictures. Also he gave a fake name and used star 67 to block his number because he creeped her out.

Blood was found in 6 places in the rav4.

They found hand cuffs and leg irons.

Brendan's jeans had bleach stains all over from cleaning Avery's garage.

The bullet did not have any blood DNA found on it.

2 jurors had relatives working for the manitowoc sheriff's department.

There is more but that's all I have time for from this phone.

Avery called TH 3 times to request her to take pictures. Also he gave a fake name and used star 67 to block his number because he creeped her out.

Blood was found in 6 places in the rav4.

They found hand cuffs and leg irons.

Brendan's jeans had bleach stains all over from cleaning Avery's garage.

The bullet did not have any blood DNA found on it.

2 jurors had relatives working for the manitowoc sheriff's department.

There is more but that's all I have time for from this phone.

The evidence you gave supporting Avery being innocent is more damning than him being innocent. The fact about the jurors is unreal. No DNA on the bullet even more so. And the bleach on his jeans means absolutely nothing, they were a white trash family, probably not the best at doing laundry

Thinking about it now. If this were set up, there is absolutely no way in hell that the entire police department was in on it. This was orchestrated by 1 or 2 individuals without the help of anyone else. Do you know how incredibly hard it would be to keep this entire thing a secret?

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

He doesnt help his cause threatening to kill everyone in written letters. Branden Dassey's statement that wasnt played in the series is also pretty damn weird. I at first thought he was innocent but now I seem to have my doubts. I think the cops (a few of them) tried to make the case cut and dry but the evidence against him not shown in the pro Avery documentary is pretty obvious.

Makes me grateful that I don't live in America. Judicial system leaves a lot to be desired.

That said, I think the programme is way too pro-Avery. I think there's a good chance that he's rightfully locked up.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Just finished the series today. Had a hard time watching the sequences about EDTA testing without a hundred questions running through my head.

What were the FBI's methods of the test?

Were there control and experimental groups to demonstrate the accuracy and precision of the test?

Why didn't the defense have a (documented) level of involvement or oversight, or at the very least, a greater degree of (documented) transparency around the test? Couldn't/didn't the defense hire a forensic chemist to conduct their own independent test validated by the FBI or some other institutional body for validity?

How is EDTA identified in any biological sample?

What are the rates and characteristics of degradation, oxidation, evaporation, etc of EDTA?

Would there not be other markers that could indicate a prior presence of EDTA by some byproduct/trace compounds left behind?

We can sequence a human genome, chemically analyze meteoric rocks that fell to earth millions of years ago for trace elements and radiocarbon dating, detect, and even replicate DNA... but we can't reliably detect the presence of a non-native chemical compound in a dried blood sample?

The documentary is not the final say on the matter, of course. But to me, those seem like pretty basic questions even a know-nothing like me can come up with... Seems like more could have been explored to that end...

Nike Vapor Fly Pro
Cobra BiO Cell 3W, 3H
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW
Callaway MD2 T-grind 54.11, 58.9
Scotty Select Newport 2, SS Fatso 5.0