2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

So I thought the Edel Brick looked dumb, but now i want it

TexasCarlos

I'm currently gaming an E2 from Edel but really wanting to try the brick. I'm sure I will have one in play soon.

On a side note Robert Rock was gaming one this week on the Euro tour.

This post was 3 days ago. I now see you have "The Brick" in your sig. Guessing you pulled the trigger? This putter looks sick, but I've been putting just fine lately...need to stop with the equipment changes.

One more putter will not hurt you. Pull the trigger....:)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had mine for about a month. I also still have my Edel E-3 putter. The E-3 was putting well from outside 10-feet, but from 3-6 feet it was hot-n-cold for me. I think it was mainly due to me missing the sweet spot too much.

With the Brick, I'm putting excellent from 3-6 feet. Easy for me to line up and very easy for me to hit the sweet spot. And it seems as if I do miss the sweet spot (which will happen as all putters have a sweet spot of only the size of a needle point)...the putter is still very stable.

I had some speed control issues on putts outside 10-feet, but those are improving nicely and The Brick is staying in my bag for the foreseeable future.

RH

I just ordered one yesterday. Though I putt lefty. I putt pretty well with my Betti but I love a clean look on a putter.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5*

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

Titleist T150 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM9 54* | 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I've had mine for about a month. I also still have my Edel E-3 putter. The E-3 was putting well from outside 10-feet, but from 3-6 feet it was hot-n-cold for me. I think it was mainly due to me missing the sweet spot too much.

With the Brick, I'm putting excellent from 3-6 feet. Easy for me to line up and very easy for me to hit the sweet spot. And it seems as if I do miss the sweet spot (which will happen as all putters have a sweet spot of only the size of a needle point)...the putter is still very stable.

I had some speed control issues on putts outside 10-feet, but those are improving nicely and The Brick is staying in my bag for the foreseeable future.

Did you order the weight kit with your brick?

RH

Just tried it and it was a big fat NO. It just did not look good at address. It felt good and the other Edels with the pixl insert felt even better but onset putters just don't work for me visually.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Just tried it and it was a big fat NO. It just did not look good at address. It felt good and the other Edels with the pixl insert felt even better but onset putters just don't work for me visually.

It's definitely not going to suit everyone's fancy...

No. It is not. I really wanted to like it too. The pixl insert putter with the line on the top line worked best of all the Edels for me.

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
(¬¬)

I'm currently gaming an E2 from Edel but really wanting to try the brick. I'm sure I will have one in play soon.

On a side note Robert Rock was gaming one this week on the Euro tour.

This post was 3 days ago. I now see you have "The Brick" in your sig. Guessing you pulled the trigger? This putter looks sick, but I've been putting just fine lately...need to stop with the equipment changes.

In true putter ho fashion I purchased it probably the same night I made this post. It will be in my bag as soon as it arrives which is supposed to be this week. They have a lead time from their site because of demand. I do still have my Edel E2 in the bag that I like and will use until it gets here. Whichever one I don't settle on will end up for sale here.

RH

This is what I'm hoping for when I get mine. My longer putting is good with my E2 but missing more short ones than I would like.

May not be for everyone which is why there are so many putters on the market, but its working for me. If you favor a very arcing stroke it may not be the best putter for you. I think some of edels other designs may be worth a look at though as some have mentioned. The brick is torque balanced and completely toe up which to me promotes a more square stroke, some of the other torque balanced putters like the E series seem to have a little more toe lean than the brick which sits straight up in the air. So some of the E series may be better for someone with a lot of arc.

I picked one up yesterday. Tried to be open minded about it but didn't like it. I get what they're trying to do with their "torque balanced" putters but they just look so bad at address. It looks like someone bent the shaft and twisted the head.

I was surprised to see the head is really hollow. it makes a very unique "tink" sound at impact. It's about as good looking as a square can be but I just can't get over the address look.

I've been look a lot at these and I finally realize the exact thing that doesn't work for me. It's the shaft behind the face. It makes me aim way to the right. The same thing happens with me and most SeeMores. If the shaft lined up flush with the face, I think the brick would be awesome for me. I really like the simple rectangular shape and the weight balance seemed to work well for me but that damn negative offset...

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
(¬¬)

I got properly fit at the pebble beach fitting studio for an E-3 in January. Once we had it dialed in, I made 21 of 25 6 footers. These were completely flat and straight, but it was automatic.

It lasted about 18 holes. The edel was so weird looking to me I couldnt get passed it.

Fast forward to 3 more months of ho-hum putting, I am going back to the edel and giving it a legit chance. Whenever I spend some time with it, I'm quite teased that theres some magic in there if I can get used to it.

I did look at the brick. To me it looks more onset and felt pretty lousy. That pixel insert on the e series feels a lot better, to me.

I think the thing with edel is a willingness to trust the fitting and let dropped putts overrule the looks department.

PS if it matters, the weight kit is pretty sweet. The increments at 6, 12, and 21 result in noticeable feel and speed changes. Especially jumping from 12 to 21. The tech is certainly there. But they are a little odd looking.

G430 LST 9* Ventus TR Black 6S

Darkspeed 15* 1K Pro White 70S

G430 19* LIN-Q TSPX Black 85H F4

Black Ops 22* AV White 85S
ZX5 MkII (5-P) Modus3 105X
MG4 50,54,58 Modus3 125S

009 Welded 1.5 Neck

I go for my Edel putter fitting Friday. I really hoping I'm fitted for the brick but time will tell. Either way I hope it arrives before my streamsong trip.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

I got properly fit at the pebble beach fitting studio for an E-3 in January. Once we had it dialed in, I made 21 of 25 6 footers. These were completely flat and straight, but it was automatic.

It lasted about 18 holes. The edel was so weird looking to me I couldnt get passed it.

Fast forward to 3 more months of ho-hum putting, I am going back to the edel and giving it a legit chance. Whenever I spend some time with it, I'm quite teased that theres some magic in there if I can get used to it.

I did look at the brick. To me it looks more onset and felt pretty lousy. That pixel insert on the e series feels a lot better, to me.

I think the thing with edel is a willingness to trust the fitting and let dropped putts overrule the looks department.

PS if it matters, the weight kit is pretty sweet. The increments at 6, 12, and 21 result in noticeable feel and speed changes. Especially jumping from 12 to 21. The tech is certainly there.

But they are a little odd looking.

And so is your avatar ... but it works for you.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions