• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now about my 3rd place dwarf toss....

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

RP

Please tell me there is documentation of this somewhere.....hahaha

Maddie?!

:cheesy:

The only documentation is it is seared into my memory forever, haha. After Richard took third and collected his $100 from the mini muscleman, he put the little guy on his shoulders and paraded him around the bar, which was crowded and Richard was coaxing guys to ante up and give him money, which people were doing, as he used his helmet as a "hat," lol. Counting the $25 that Richard gave him, he collected $120+. He drank with us and actually asked my BF Saffron out(she is 5'10"). I shudder to think what Richard was like when he drank, hahaha. Have a great day Drew :) Fondly, Maddie

Feinstein: Tiger Woods’ Father Ruined His Life

http://radio.cbssports.com/2016/05/04/feinstein-tiger-woods-father-ruined-his-life/

"Here’s what I honestly don’t get, don’t begin to understand: why most people—not all, but most—care so much about him. The number of times I get asked by people, ‘hey when is Tiger going to play?’ or, ‘do you think Tiger can win again?’ amazes me. The mailman rings the doorbell to drop off the mail so he can ask me what I think about Tiger. Guys in the locker room when I go to swim ask about Tiger. I go to get a quart of oil at the local gas station and I get asked about Tiger.

I mean ALL the time.

Sometimes, I ask the question: why do you care?"

http://radio.cbsspor...uined-his-life/

"Here’s what I honestly don’t get, don’t begin to understand: why most people—not all, but most—care so much about him. The number of times I get asked by people, ‘hey when is Tiger going to play?’ or, ‘do you think Tiger can win again?’ amazes me. The mailman rings the doorbell to drop off the mail so he can ask me what I think about Tiger. Guys in the locker room when I go to swim ask about Tiger. I go to get a quart of oil at the local gas station and I get asked about Tiger.

I mean ALL the time.

And yet a good portion of his income is made talking and writing about Tiger. Maybe Feinstein should stop.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I mean ALL the time.

And yet a good portion of his income is made talking and writing about Tiger. Maybe Feinstein should stop.

He should've stopped a long time ago. I wonder who will carry their grudge longer, Tiger or Feinstein...

I mean ALL the time.

He should've stopped a long time ago. I wonder who will carry their grudge longer, Tiger or Feinstein...

And yet his says this, it's just too funny>

"Nothing personal, I’m just not fascinated the way so many others are."

I mean ALL the time.

Nothing personal....right....

They don't like each other and I support that. It's great entertainment.

I'm not sure I agree with the father part but he's spot on about the media fascination. Media is maybe unfair, just the general public fascination which seems to grow with the less that Tiger does.

All Tiger's done is open a course, do a few foundation events and clinics in 9 months and there is a litany of articles about him. Sports Illustrated and ESPN did massive features on him, that made big waves, despite him not doing anything particularly notable in the past year. He's 500 odd rahnked in the world and had more 80s than 60s on his previous year on tour. I'm not sure what people are expecting really. He's mythologised with every week he spends off the course. Tiger Woods or Bobby Fischer?

I don't know how many times on twitter I've seen a gif or video of Tiger from 15 years ago saying 'can't wait til Tiger's back!' Sorry but that Tiger is never coming back. If it was any other sport, he would have retired by now. What other sportsperson in their peak in 2001 is as good as that today? It's just that in golf there's a certain expectation to play through your 40s. But Tiger was more like an athlete than an average golfer so I don't think that applies to him.

I mean ALL the time.

Feinstein is just pissed because he can't sway his hips so way forward in the downswing like the GOAT.

we yelled,

we screamed,

we had all kinds of scraps,

some guy named Richard

Typed,

ALL IN CAPS!!!!!

Tsecor kept posting

Youtube videos as links

So no one will watch them

As much as he thinks

I posted a link,

because with technology I stink

I thought it would be nice

if you watched them not once, but twice

Jack is the man

we all know it to be true

tiger comes in

somewhere around 2

we know its a good debate

no matter how you feel

but at the end of the day

Jack is the man, for real

I mean ALL the time.

I've met Feinstein very briefly and he fancies himself an intellectual and "above" the press guys and reporters yet it amazes me that he cannot see just how bad he sounds with comments like those above. He is a talented author no doubt, though he obviously cannot control his emotions and insecurities and it isn't as though he uses higher intellect insults or putdowns, lol. Seriously, his comments are lil girls on a playground banter, haha. Have a nice afternoon guys :) Maddie

"Nothing personal, I'm just not fascinated the way so many others are."

I've met Feinstein very briefly and he fancies himself an intellectual and "above" the press guys and reporters yet it amazes me that he cannot see just how bad he sounds with comments like those above. He is A talented author no doubt, though he obviously cannot control his emotions and insecurities and it isn't as though he used higher intellect insults or putdowns, lol. Seriously, his comments are lil girls on a playground banter, haha. Have a nice afternoon guys :) Maddie

so the guy writes an article about Tiger, saying essentially absolutely nothing original, probably nothing he hasn't already written, and then asks the question "why are people still writing about him?" Rather ironic, if you ask me.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

I've met Feinstein very briefly and he fancies himself an intellectual and "above" the press guys and reporters yet it amazes me that he cannot see just how bad he sounds with comments like those above. He is A talented author no doubt, though he obviously cannot control his emotions and insecurities and it isn't as though he used higher intellect insults or putdowns, lol. Seriously, his comments are lil girls on a playground banter, haha. Have a nice afternoon guys :) Maddie

so the guy writes an article about Tiger, saying essentially absolutely nothing original, probably nothing he hasn't already written, and then asks the question "why are people still writing about him?" Rather ironic, if you ask me.

Very ironic and do you notice that he claims that he asks them "why do you care" yet doesn't give you one answer as to why, lol. #1, John Feinstein didn't ask anyone, "why do you care" because, and this is the biggie and #2, John Feinstein doesn't have the stones that he was born with. Just my opinion of course. Have a nice day LS :) Maddie

Very ironic and do you notice that he claims that he asks them "why do you care" yet doesn't give you one answer as to why, lol. #1, John Feinstein didn't ask anyone, "why do you care" because, and this is the biggie and #2, John Feinstein doesn't have the stones that he was born with. Just my opinion of course. Have a nice day LS :) Maddie

He's always come across as someone with TPS, to me.

Simple really. As of now Tiger is still the biggest story. It's just like it was in the 80's and early 90's. Every up and coming player was dubbed "the next Nicklaus" Crenshaw, Sutton, Grier Jones, Eddie Pearce.... Anything to with Jack's name got headlines so they continued to use it.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

we yelled,

we screamed,

some guy named Richard

Typed,

ALL IN CAPS!!!!!

Tsecor kept posting

Youtube videos as links

As much as he thinks

I posted a link,

Jack is the man

tiger comes in

somewhere around 2

no matter how you feel

18>14!!!

Bellowed the supporters of Jack

But if we look very closely

They might just see

That even John Fienstien says of Tiger

"the guy is the greatest golfer in history."

I'm not sure I agree with the father part but he's spot on about the media fascination. Media is maybe unfair, just the general public fascination which seems to grow with the less that Tiger does.

All Tiger's done is open a course, do a few foundation events and clinics in 9 months and there is a litany of articles about him. Sports Illustrated and ESPN did massive features on him, that made big waves, despite him not doing anything particularly notable in the past year. He's 500 odd rahnked in the world and had more 80s than 60s on his previous year on tour. I'm not sure what people are expecting really. He's mythologised with every week he spends off the course. Tiger Woods or Bobby Fischer?

I don't know how many times on twitter I've seen a gif or video of Tiger from 15 years ago saying 'can't wait til Tiger's back!' Sorry but that Tiger is never coming back. If it was any other sport, he would have retired by now. What other sportsperson in their peak in 2001 is as good as that today? It's just that in golf there's a certain expectation to play through your 40s. But Tiger was more like an athlete than an average golfer so I don't think that applies to him.

It is amazing. Nice post.

But I am always going to take exception to using the word, "Athlete", with Woods. He's just not. I'd pick a thousand other guys on tour to throw a football, hit a baseball, shoot a basketball, etc. He can (could) run fast...so what? I wouldn't choose Woods to do these things for the same reasons I would not have picked Carl Lewis or Abebe Bikila.

ouch.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

we yelled,

we screamed,

some guy named Richard

Typed,

ALL IN CAPS!!!!!

Tsecor kept posting

Youtube videos as links

As much as he thinks

I posted a link,

Jack is the man

tiger comes in

somewhere around 2

no matter how you feel

18>14!!!

They might just see

Feinstein is a crab

we hear it everyday

Its like he's trying to make tiger

his one and only Bae

If tiger were the best

he would have nineteen

but instead of playing golf

he is nowhere to be seen

So Feinstein knows nothing

but thinks he is great

he praises tiger woods

while number 15 has to wait.

ouch.

Nobody ever accused me of sugar coating it...

we yelled,

we screamed,

some guy named Richard

Typed,

ALL IN CAPS!!!!!

Tsecor kept posting

Youtube videos as links

As much as he thinks

I posted a link,

Jack is the man

tiger comes in

somewhere around 2

no matter how you feel

18>14!!!

They might just see

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Feinstein swimming. And who the heck would be able to approach that visual to ask about TW. Of course he says Tiger is the greatest, his career depends on it. I didn't mind a book or two from him, as a talking head he's a joke.

We have SEAL's, we have Tigers, we have Golden Bears, we have green eggs and ham. Just please no baby seal tossing Richard. :busted_cop:

ROFL, this might be the most legendary thread EVER.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I wonder who will carry their grudge longer, Tiger or Feinste

I thought you didn't like my use of the word "stones" in that context, LMAO? Wow, I didn't know that you held Feiny is such disdain, lol.

See ya soon Sweetie :)

Lovingly,

Me

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24