Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Thanks for posting the Michael W. Smith vid. Very nice. The Mrs. is a big fan of his music, has several of his CD's. Gift idea.....One of his Christmas CD's for her.

Always like this song. Hear it every now and again on the radio stations that play Christmas music during the season. A Christmas song that didn't start as one. Originally written as being against the commercialization of Christmas. But has come full circle. Even acknowledged as such by the man who wrote it. Originally from a solo album, but included in the "Works, Volume 2" album. This vid was selected primarily for the audio quality.

A big fan of ELP BITD. Mortality always has a way of exacting its final reckoning. First Keith Emerson, now Greg Lake. RIP.

http://youtu.be/Lqwqknq7nuI

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Thanks for posting the Michael W. Smith vid. Very nice. The Mrs. is a big fan of his music, has several of his CD's. Gift idea.....One of his Christmas CD's for her.

Always like this song. Hear it every now and again on the radio stations that play Christmas music during the season. A Christmas song that didn't start as one. Originally written as being against the commercialization of Christmas. But has come full circle. Even acknowledged as such by the man who wrote it. Originally from a solo album, but included in the "Works, Volume 2" album. This vid was selected primarily for the audio quality.

A big fan of ELP BITD. Mortality always has a way of exacting its final reckoning. First Keith Emerson, now Greg Lake. RIP.

[media=]http://youtu.be/Lqwqknq7nuI[/media]

Michael said he was visiting "W" in the White House after 9-11.....they have an

affinity since both are "W"s, and "W" asked him to write a song and so he wrote

this;

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

This is one of my favorite Michael W Smith songs. It goes back a few

years, lol. Dang, gettin' old!

SLED Gemini

Very nice, like that one as well. FYI, a tip when including a video. If you backspace out the "s" after http, the vid will properly embed. Think it was Pigems that discovered this, so full credit to him.

Feeling a bit festive this morning, getting into the holiday spirit. The Chairman of the Board wishes everyone a Merry Christmas.

Anyone check the "Most iconic equipment post of all time " thread in the equipment forum? Without links, I'm not chasing down all that have been mentioned. WTS, hard to top the one Kathy Marie linked up. Headonastick's first post. Full credit to KM for digging this up. (She's a master at finding old threads on WRX.) Had me laughing out loud last evening as I was reading through it. The Mrs. asked what was so funny. Said, "Just a golf post, wouldn't understand". Started on Christmas Eve, 2008 and the OP still posting updates in 2016. There's some funny shizzle ITT:

http://www.golfwrx.c...fwrx-community/

Edit add: See you once posted ITT Conrad, so you're aware of it. Just a small sample.

"I put a pink shaft in my driver and made it sit outside and watch while I tied an old driver to my truck bumper and drug it up and down our street... I like to call it the titanium sparkler torture. Sadly, I think it might need a refinish now." - HOAS

Anyone check the "Most iconic equipment post of all time " thread in the equipment forum? Without links, I'm not chasing down all that have been mentioned. WTS, hard to top the one Kathy Marie linked up. Headonastick's first post. Full credit to KM for digging this up. (She's a master at finding old threads on WRX.) Had me laughing out loud last evening as I was reading through it. The Mrs. asked what was so funny. Said, "Just a golf post, wouldn't understand". Started on Christmas Eve, 2008 and the OP still posting updates in 2016. There's some funny shizzle ITT:

Edit add: See you once posted ITT Conrad, so you're aware of it. Just a small sample.

"I put a pink shaft in my driver and made it sit outside and watch while I tied an old driver to my truck bumper and drug it up and down our street... I like to call it the titanium sparkler torture. Sadly, I think it might need a refinish now." - HOAS

Ya, that was a great thread, lol.

There was another I Wish I could find by kgeoge78 and his epic hoing

and I mean EPIC! As in a new set of irons about every week or 2. He

went through irons like an NBA player with hos.

A couple guys were giving him grief about all the money he was wasting

and then it really got good. I think the mods may have taken the thread

away. He got into a fight with some guy via PMs and then the guy posted

the PMs in the thread!

And kgeorge was posting he didn't care if he spent $100K on irons cause

it was a drop in the bucket and he had a great job and made tons of money

and he give a rat's a** what some one else thought.

Man, that had to be one of the best ever threads but I think the mods must

have deleted it.

SLED Gemini

Kgeorge78 has 13 pages worth of content in various threads. And multiple pages within those threads. Tough to find the one you're referring to without thread title context. But it sounds like a good one.

Must admit, I do occasionally peruse the "train wreck" threads. Probably shouldn't, but simply cannot turn one's eyes away. They're to rich.

I stumbled across this a couple of years ago and it has since become a staple in the Christmas music rotation in our house.

[media=]

[/media]

[Added] what a frustrating procedure to embed! It only took a half dozen attempts :angry:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I was reading that yesterday too! Before my time here, but it was a classic anti-ho thread, but with humour rather than the typical thing that pops up from time to time.

I certainly remember reading many of the cult like threads that were mentioned with the "iconic post" thread, from MtlJeff's intimidating bag to the 9015D and L4V threads. You don't see threads like that anymore.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I stumbled across this a couple of years ago and it has since become a staple in the Christmas music rotation in our house.

[media=]

[/media]

[Added] what a frustrating procedure to embed! It only took a half dozen attempts :angry:

Ya, great video and song. Love that one too.

The kgeorge thread was probably back in 2010/11 or so; can't remember

the time frame but likely the mods deleted it anyway and at the least

deleted the "fight" posts, haha.

It was so funny cause it seemed every week he'd buy a set of irons and

then post how great they were and by the time a week or so went by he'd

post that he hated the irons and bought another set. This went on and on

and he was just so fickle and ridiculous and didn't give a rip about the

money he was blowing away on trade in losses.

He didn't ho like us. He was buying brand new sets and them trading

them back in for 80% losses over and over.

SLED Gemini

Finally got the laptop working enough to reset it. Had to start from scratch though, and went back to Windows 8.1 from 10...maybe that's the way to go. Anyone else still using 8.1? It seems to be working much better.

At the Grille this morning Tammy is in, and there is a Christmas Tree breakfast... bacon also comes with it.

Finally got the laptop working enough to reset it. Had to start from scratch though, and went back to Windows 8.1 from 10...maybe that's the way to go. Anyone else still using 8.1? It seems to be working much better.

At the Grille this morning Tammy is in, and there is a Christmas Tree breakfast... bacon also comes with it.

Now that's what I am talking about. Give Tammy a big thumbs up for that.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I'm glad that the Grille is still open for the holidays. It doesn't look like there's going to be much opportunity to golf, but it's nice to know that we still have a place to gather over a coffee, a meal or a drink.

I had lunch yesterday with an old school chum that I hadn't seen in 35 years! He hasn't aged a day! he said the same about me so when i look in the mirror I'm convinced we both must be blind! :lol:

It was a great way to spend 3 hours at a local eatery. Our server kept coming over for the order and we hadn't even looked at the menus yet, mind you the beer flowed so she had something to occupy herself with. ;) It was almost surprising that we could just spring into conversation as if it had only been a year or two since getting together. Lots of reminiscing about other mates, several that he has kept in touch with over the years. It's probably high time we had a reunion of sorts!

It's funny how we got reconnected. About a year ago my son was walking his dog in a conservation area near where he lives and caught up with a fellow walking his dog. They began to walk and talk together and the conversation soon led to the fact that both grew up in the same small community. Names exchanged and the connection was made. Next thing you know I was e-mailing my old school chum and a meeting was set-up. That didn't materialize due to a death in the family, but I had a nice conversation with him over the phone which eventually led to us getting together in person. Funny how fate works if you will.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I ended up in an apprenticeship with ex school mates, lost touch after we finished and have never been it contact since. I have often thought what it would be like and how they would be getting on but have never tried to find out. Life moves you into different directions.

As to the eating and drinking part, found out yesterday I will be losing ALL my teeth sometime in the new year, then Cyndy and Tammy will have to come up with some good alternative food solutions as it will be three months before the new ones can be fitted. Life is not always fair.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

tolmij,

Hit the like button after reading your post, then thought better of it as bad news is never something to applaud. I guess that we all should truly feel as friends because that news is not something that one shares with strangers.

WE adapt not matter what life throws at us and although this is traumatic, I'm sure that you will too. I have a partial on the lower jaw and one gets used to these sorts of things. There are even options to have dentures implanted to give a more natural feel for the wearer. The worst part is the transition period where you have to get used to the new reality. Before you know it, life goes on.

Good luck and keep your chin up. You'll come out the other side just fine!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I ended up in an apprenticeship with ex school mates, lost touch after we finished and have never been it contact since. I have often thought what it would be like and how they would be getting on but have never tried to find out. Life moves you into different directions.

As to the eating and drinking part, found out yesterday I will be losing ALL my teeth sometime in the new year, then Cyndy and Tammy will have to come up with some good alternative food solutions as it will be three months before the new ones can be fitted. Life is not always fair.

Wow Tol, 3 months without teeth will be a different experience to say the

least. Like Scomac, I liked your post because it was YOU who posted it

and not because I'm happy you will be without choppers for 3 months.

Years ago (many) my jaw was broken and I went 5 weeks with my mouth

wired shut. At first I rebelled and just drank juice. After a week I was so

friggin' hungry I started throwing Campbell's Chunky soups in the blender

and drinking them.......even though the sight of it was......well....you know.

We humans are pretty resilient and we find ways to make it through. The

good thing is knowing what you will going through is temporary, like it was

for me too.

Keep us in the loop on how you're coping. We'll be here to listen and support.

In my case I had to develop a sort of humorous look at myself. The doc told

me 8 weeks in the beginning and that sounded so long. At the time I knew I

was being transferred in my job from SoCal to Miami, FL in 5 weeks.

When I told the doc he said he would arrange for someone to take the wires

out in Florida after 8 weeks.....but after 5 weeks I begged and pleaded and

got him to, reluctantly remove the wires and I had to promise to be a good

boy and take it easy.

It was weird cause even after just 5 weeks of being wired shut I felt like I

had lock jaw when he removed the wires and could barely open my mouth

even just a little. It took several more weeks before I could open my mouth

all the way cause I was being very careful to not force the issue.

Anyway, I thought I would share a little if it helps just a little....I hope.

LOL, talking with my mouth wired shut was interesting. It will be different

for you, of course, but changes in your mouth affect more than just eating.

SLED Gemini

for me too.

boy and take it easy.

Have seen a friend with his mouth wired after a broken jaw, he was very frustrated by it. He lost plenty of weight before it was removed,

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Tol you have been through a lot and have done so well. I'm sure you will take 2017 by the reigns and win again. Cyndy and Tammy will be glad to serve you some of Gus' smoothies, and Tammy even offered her tips to help if you need. Of course Cyndy did too.

We are all here for support of course as always any time of any day. So glad your wife's situation seems better.

So we are having our company Christmas party tonite. The theme is a '1950's Christmas Party'. You are supposed to come dressed in 1950's attire of course. I am going as a 'hood' if anyone else here was alive in the 50's you'll know what that was. Looking forward to it, ha. Twill be interesting to see if they play authentic music as the people from HR running it are pretty much in their 30's...

There are 350 some people signed up to come now, woohoo...

pic is closest I could find to a hood...

for me too.

boy and take it easy.

Have seen a friend with his mouth wired after a broken jaw, he was very frustrated by it. He lost plenty of weight before it was removed,

It felt a little claustrophobic at first for lack of a better way to describe

it. Ya, I was already pretty skinny at that time and I lost about 15 lbs

pretty quickly but then I didn't lose any more after that......thanks to

the blender, lol.

SLED Gemini

Very James Dean of you SixtySome. :good:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Another curling marathon this past week with six games in five days! Man are my knees hurting today! It has been a steady diet of Aleve all week long which I know isn't the greatest of plans, but that seems to be the MO to keep on keeping on. The team I was on won the Day Men's Christmas spiel on Wednesday. Nothing big, just more of a social, twelve team, club event with $10 Tim Horton's gift cards for each member of our winning entry and a meal following proceedings.

I'm actually looking forward to the layoff over the holidays. The club will be closed this year from Christmas to New Years so that the ice technician can repair a couple of ice issues that have cropped up on the sheets next to the walls of the building that will require a full new flood of the ice. Things have gotten so out of hand with the "C" sheet that most likely a major repair with the plumbing will be required in the off season.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I have a minor understanding of your plight. Back a few years ago, I had some dental work done, maybe a crown or something that my mouth had to be pried open for an hour or so. Seems that my jaw was sprung or something, the dentist didn't give me much explanation. But I couldn't open my mouth to chew, weird though, I could talk normally, but eating was horribly painful. We went to a family birthday party the next day, and what wonderful food was served. I'm really suffered, tearing the food up and trying to place it in my mouth without moving my lips and chewing cautiously.

The pain went away in a week or so, but it gives me a good indication of what you will encounter. A new complaint today. I get up early as usual, and morning ritual is a glass of Citrucel, before eating breakfast. As I'm drinking, I have horrible pains in my upper back., probably pulled something while drinking. Fixed my eggs and toast, ate, back still hurting. Unbelievable. Took some Excedrin a minute ago, will see if that helps. Excedrin has been my pain reliever since 1972, when I was in the US Army. I can recall the TV commercials and magazine ads with David Jannsen (The Fugitive) touting it.

Jannsen was supposedly a real ladies' man. Even the missus used to say he was very attractive. I thought he was a real jerk. Anyhow, I digress.

Ice storm last night. Weatherman on TV advised people to stay home until it warms up later this afternoon and turns to rain. I'll bet car wrecks were rampant, people will not stay home. I recall the blizzard of 1993. I was home sick with the flu, watched the Saturday morning news, and all they had on was wrecks. That day, a buddy of mine was annoyed that the owner of the bar he frequented sent all the drunks home at 2:00 that afternoon. My pal was really upset.

Best wishes!

James Dean is the way to go, the ultimate icon of the era, have a good time, enjoy the company and stay sober ;)

Wriggles, dentists do seem to be a little unsympathetic to our pain, just relax only a little ***** they say, then proceed to cause the ultimate discomfort. OK, they are only doing their job, is pulling wings off flies etc part of their training. :)

In case my dentist is reading this, only joking.

My wife came across this today, so true.

https://imgur.com/a/BU5A0

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

James Dean is the way to go, the ultimate icon of the era, have a good time, enjoy the company and stay sober ;)

Wriggles, dentists do seem to be a little unsympathetic to our pain, just relax only a little ***** they say, then proceed to cause the ultimate discomfort. OK, they are only doing their job, is pulling wings off flies etc part of their training. :)

In case my dentist is reading this, only joking.

My wife came across this today, so true.

https://imgur.com/a/BU5A0

So yeah, I went back and added my 'get-up' including blue swede shoes pic to the first post... should be fun..

We had the ice storm to Wriggles.. it's starting to turn to slush now.

Sounds to me like we all just invited to Sixty's place this eve for a party. :to_become_senile: See you all there! I'll be recognizable. Look for a 7'9 guy, 456 lbs., a golf ball tattoo on his face, and walking on three peg-legs. That ax murder thing had certain consequences.

Sorry Tol is suffering but we'll help a buddy out tonight. We'll teach him to dunk cookies in the beverage of his choice. By the time he downs that 12th one he won't be distracted by the three-legged ax murderer thing anymore.

Oh... In case anyone was wondering, we've never once roasted chestnuts on an open fire here. But - Mrs. Reason and I are happy to report we once cracked the nuts on a sugarplumb fairy just to see it dance in a hotel suite. What a sight that was. We don't recommend it. Leaves a mess and the hotel ends up charging a clean-up fee.

Do not try this at home. :stop:

Tol you have been through a lot and have done so well. I'm sure you will take 2017 by the reigns and win again. Cyndy and Tammy will be glad to serve you some of Gus' smoothies, and Tammy even offered her tips to help if you need. Of course Cyndy did too.

We are all here for support of course as always any time of any day. So glad your wife's situation seems better.

So we are having our company Christmas party tonite. The theme is a '1950's Christmas Party'. You are supposed to come dressed in 1950's attire of course. I am going as a 'hood' if anyone else here was alive in the 50's you'll know what that was. Looking forward to it, ha. Twill be interesting to see if they play authentic music as the people from HR running it are pretty much in their 30's...

There are 350 some people signed up to come now, woohoo...

pic is closest I could find to a hood...

Almost perfect Sixty. Gotta role up the pant cuff and role up a pack of cigs in your tee shirt sleeve. Have a great time.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)