Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

James Dean is the way to go, the ultimate icon of the era, have a good time, enjoy the company and stay sober ;)

Wriggles, dentists do seem to be a little unsympathetic to our pain, just relax only a little ***** they say, then proceed to cause the ultimate discomfort. OK, they are only doing their job, is pulling wings off flies etc part of their training. :)

In case my dentist is reading this, only joking.

My wife came across this today, so true.

https://imgur.com/a/BU5A0

So yeah, I went back and added my 'get-up' including blue swede shoes pic to the first post... should be fun..

We had the ice storm to Wriggles.. it's starting to turn to slush now.

Damn! That's bad a** looking SSP! :good:

-------------------

Snow here rather than ice; it's easier to shovel! ;) About 10" now has collected on the flat. That's the most snow we've had before Christmas in probably 10 years! Supposedly more on the way too. :glare:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hoods = Greasers = Ergs (a local nickname). Also named after the car clubs that they belonged to. Combrios (Brios) and The Wheelmen (Wheels). They typically despised "Frats". I was neither, more of just a jock. But didn't particularly like frats either. So that gave me a commonality, so was viewed as being OK. Grew up in a neighborhood that had a fair representation. Never hurt to know a few especially when things would get dicy at the Platter Box with same from the neighboring town. Networking, just in case.

All this being more early to mid-60's than '50's. Suppose there was a lot of overlap. Attire was always black slacks, "side ties" with "thick and thins" socks, white shirt with the black "thingy" at the collar, mid-length black leather jacket, and a black "stingy brim" fedora. Dress sharp, be sharp.

SSP, have fun tonight. If the '30 somethings don't know what to play, may have to take control of the jukebox. Spin the platters. And....need a hat to complete the look.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Hoods = Greasers = Ergs (a local nickname). Also named after the car clubs that they belonged to. Combrios (Brios) and The Wheelmen (Wheels). They typically despised "Frats". I was neither, more of just a jock. But didn't particularly like frats either. So that gave me a commonality, so was viewed as being OK. Grew up in a neighborhood that had a fair representation. Never hurt to know a few especially when things would get dicy at the Platter Box with same from the neighboring town. Networking, just in case.

All this being more early to mid-60's than '50's. Suppose there was a lot of overlap. Attire was always black slacks, side ties, white shirt, mid-length black leather jacket, and a black "stingy brim" fedora. Dress sharp, be sharp.

SSP, have fun tonight. If the '30 somethings don't know what to play, may have to take control of the jukebox. Spin the platters. And....need a hat to complete the look.

This would complete the look!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

3 deg. F with 8 in. of snow on the ground. And here I thought it was a good idea to move to a lower elevation :(

What a fantastic view scotee, certainly is a winter wonderland. Too cold for me though, since leaving the UK and moving to Queensland the sun has been my constant companion.

We used to enjoy playing in the snow, we had a boxer dog who went ballistic in it, trying to eat it all and doing dolphin leaps. Happy memories.

All this being more early to mid-60's than '50's. Suppose there was a lot of overlap. Attire was always black slacks, side ties, white shirt, mid-length black leather jacket, and a black "stingy brim" fedora. Dress sharp, be sharp.

No other words required than.

COOL MAN, COOL.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Don't know what you called them in America, in the U.K. We called them teddy boys. Black slicked back hair, side burns, drainpipe trousers, long knee length jacket, blue suede shoes and a bootlaces tie.

They walked round in gangs, causing trouble for a few years, then came the skin heads. No hair, shaved clean, trousers just a little too short, held up by exposed bracers, some sort of plad shirt and big heavy work boots.

The two groups waged war for a few years then suddenly dissapeared, no idea whether the grew up or killed each other off. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Don't know what you called them in America, in the U.K. We called them teddy boys. Black slicked back hair, side burns, drainpipe trousers, long knee length jacket, blue suede shoes and a bootlaces tie.

On a good day we call them hood ornaments.

On a bad day we call them son-in-law. LMAO

bump - el double de la posto.

Que es mejor que un triple

Soy conocido por haber fallado - Solo pregúntele a mi pelota de golf!

Can someone please enlighten me, my translator has left town. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Que es mejor que un triple

Soy conocido por haber fallado - Solo pregúntele a mi pelota de golf!

Can someone please enlighten me, my translator has left town. :)

Para mi es Griego

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Yo uso esto siempre que necesite traducción.

https://translate.go... of translation

The wonders of the google machine. Makes one appear smarter than they have a right to be.

And for gigs, entered "Golf Swing Fixes" - 301,000 results on how to undertake the process. Just now starting at one.........

Edit: Also helps with translation when one spells correctly. Sí?

Well the party was extremely cool. We even had an Elvis impersonator. He was the best I've ever seen, and even though he was from this area, he has performed with the Jordanaires and in Las Vegas. https://www.facebook.com/MikeAlbertElvisTribute/?fref=hovercard

Of course that took us into the 60's and even 70's but after a few drinks nobody knew the difference.

Food was fabulous on the endless buffet including prime rib. They really went all out.

Holiday music....snow....freezing rain.....cars sliding everywhere...must be wintertime.......

went grocery shopping yesterday afternoon.....AFTER the temperature warmed up...melting the ice.........arrived at the conclusion

that the human race is doomed ! The IQ is on a downward curve that is steeper than the upward curve of Tech advances.

And there are a huge number of people who need their cars computerized to not start if its anything other than dry and 90*...

Had a great time watching 2 youngsters sleigh riding down a hill.......thought they were gonna break a bone or two ! They

were having a great time.!

Heres a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/ Get out and enjoy life wishes for all you guys ! May the next year be a blessed

one of joy and peace for all of you !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Sounds like a good time was had by all SSP. Good food, good cheer. "Elvis in da House". But inquiring minds want to know.......were You and the Mrs. out on the dance floor "bust'n some moves"? Like the "The Stroll" or the "Mashed Potatoes". Show the young'uns a thing or two about real dance'n:

[media=]

[/media]

Looks like the type of hat Molly Ringwold's buddy, Ducky, would wear. Was it in, Pretty in Pink?"

I kept hoping her Dad (in the show) would end up in the chain gang with Cool Hand Luke again.

I'm still shakin' the bush, boss.

SSP sounds like a good journey down memory lane, don't care what the young ones say, they DO NOT write music like they used to.

Elvis, Sinatra, Armstrong, to name but a few. We had a number of Elvis impersonators locally, one used to own a vegetable shop and sang to customers during the day. Unfortunately, he was not very good, he did though give a good rendition of blue suede shoes.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Sounds like a good time was had by all SSP. Good food, good cheer. "Elvis in da House". But inquiring minds want to know.......were You and the Mrs. out on the dance floor "bust'n some moves"? Like the "The Stroll" or the "Mashed Potatoes". Show the young'uns a thing or two about real dance'n:

So yeah, I was ready for the Stroll and some of the others... the Elvis guy kinda set the stage for the night, he did a great job. Then a lot of the music was early 60's, I figured they wouldn't really know :) ... obviously we both had wacky glasses...

So yeah, I was ready for the Stroll and some of the others... the Elvis guy kinda set the stage for the night, he did a great job. Then a lot of the music was early 60's, I figured they wouldn't really know :) ... obviously we both had wacky glasses...

Lookin good Six! Especially your daughter. :taunt:

(Sorry I get that all the time when out with Mrs. S and couldn’t pass up the opportunity)

Glad it was a good time.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

BZ, Sixty! You two are da bomb! Right outa Back to the Future!

:good:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hey hey Ya!! Mr. and Mrs. Sixty lookin' pretty awesome!

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Lookin good Six! Especially your daughter. :taunt:

(Sorry I get that all the time when out with Mrs. S and couldn’t pass up the opportunity)

Glad it was a good time.

That is funny... I was riding bikes with her, I guess it was last year, anyway I went to work the following Monday and this real nice Korean lady at work said "I saw you riding bikes with your 'granddaughter' " so I said 'that wasn't my granddaughter' and she said "oh, I'm sorry was it your daughter?" and I said 'no it was my wife'...of course everyone got a kick out of that... I guess I need to get with the program :)

https://www.yahoo.co...-181854187.html

Watch: Man's Shot from Frozen Hazard Goes Terribly Wrong

Saw that as well BSC. First thought that came to mind...."What a dumba**". To go through the ice like that, couldn't have been more than an inch or two thick. Had to feel it flexing as he walked on it. To chase a golf ball, in December (or whenever it occurred)? Hope he was OK, but figured he had it coming because of the stupid. Maybe he was playing a hard to find Ksig ball and didn't want to loose it.

But he had nothing on this guy. At least this one had on the appropriate "tour issue" wet suit. Using a surfboard to reach the always treacherous island green. But it's not green, it's white. But calling it an "island white" makes no sense. So don't really know what to call it. The place where the pin is at? I'm confused.

^^ That is golfing dedication.

Hey chaps, I just wanted to stop in here after my 6 month hiatus and wish you all a safe, healthy and happy Christmas!

I'm hoping to be back posting here a lot more often from now on and, truth be told, I miss the banter. The last six months has been a bit crazy (mostly in a good way) and has encompassed lots of things, not least the birth of our second child a month or so ago. I also managed to squeeze a few rounds of golf in between the madness!

Very happy to see things in the Clubhouse Grille are still going strong as I knew they would be - given what a great bunch it is here.

How are things with all of you?

Thanks for stopping by Wolfie. Reciprocal all the best to you and yours for a very Merry Christmas.

:fan_1: :fan_1: :fan_1: Major congratulations on the birth of your child. What a wonderful event. Keeps one's priorities in their proper order.

Had the birth of a Grandson back in September. Already showing him now to properly grip a golf club (the 10 finger grip for now). Show and tell hour much to the chagrin of Mom and Grams. "He's just a baby, he doesn't understand". Not so sure about that, he's watching. Never to young to ingrain some fundamentals is my thinking. Who knows, maybe a budding golf prodigy in the making.

Check in whenever you find the time. Somebody is always hanging around the Grille.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)