2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @tolmij said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > American "Indians" want you to appropriate their culture by selling

> > > > you things like headresses, dream catchers and the like.

> > > >

> > > > Actually, if you are a tourist who travels you are given many opportunities

> > > > to appropriate other cultures and encouraged by them to do so.

> > > >

> > > > People want to see their cultures spread and appropriated, otherwise

> > > > Thai's would not be serving Thai food in restaurants in America....or

> > > > anywhere else outside Thailand.

> > >

> > > I agree with you, it’s just today everyone in the PC brigade seems to thing you cannot do, dress, talk, eat or any other function if it was not originally part of the culture in the country you were born. I have to laugh when they start because they do not seem aware of how idiotic they sound.

> >

> > Trust me Bud I am far from being PC In person I really say what I think---- I may not always be right and have to apologize a couple of days later but I say what I think---- On here I have sorta a filter on. This thread is not bad at all but in some of the other sections of WRX if I really typed what I was thinking I could be banned. I try not to offend as a rule but do not get me started and in person I do not go out of my way to be obnoxious or offend. I have learned this with some of today's millennial folk. If you ignore them it ticks them off worse and they will go away. I tell you I am relishing getting old and not giving two hoots but come to think of it I have been that way all my life

> >

> I am a bit like that, if they don’t like what I say too bad, I do try to be polite but cannot stand today’s attitude. The one that really gets up my nose is how only one person complains and things are altered no matter how many people like it. Really are a snowflake generation, a good heavy boot up the backside would do them good.

LOL it is funny we live halfway around the world from each other but think exactly alike. My wife says a brick up side the head and as my old man used to say a good whip across the backside several times to get their attention. I am fond of the whip analogy myself. Most of the time now when I deal with some of these idiots in person I say " maybe you need to get yourself another crack rock" Most of these idiots can not deal with me in person when I speak out.

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

> @scomac2002 said:

> Played again yesterday in the first group off the tee with a few of my old playing companions from the Monday men's league session. Despite being three weeks since playing last, I felt as though my game was beginning to show some signs of life. At least I felt as though I had some idea where the ball was going. Contact was much better than previous outings although I was fairly consistent with getting a bit under the ball. Might need to work a bit with tee height/ball placement.

>

> I used my new chipper quite a bit and was quite pleased with the quality of strike and directional control. It's going to take a bit of time to get used to distance control though as I was consistently long with it in most instances. Putting was better, but not great as I am still heavy most often although rolling the ball nicely.

>

> Shot a 44, so getting down to a more consistent level of bogies golf with putts for par on most holes. I was pretty tight at the end, so still only up to nine at a time, but I do feel pretty darned good today which is a plus.

>

> Distance wise, I was back to what I would consider the new normal that accompanies an 80 mph swing speed. I'm going to need to rejig the top end of the bag a bit. I should be playing senior flex in all my woods as the new driver is working out pretty well. I'm using my 3W a fair bit, but finding that the 7W is redundant as it launches really high, but goes nowhere, so I'm thinking that a lower lofted hybrid is probably in order. Tough to find a 3h in sr. flex though. I'll keep on the lookout. In the meantime I've got an SLDR 4h in the stash that I might give a try even though it's a bit of a sledgehammer with an 82 gm Speeder shaft in R.

Yep you are right that 82 gram Speeder is a lot of shaft. I really do not understand manufacturers. Most hybrids are used by senior golfers especially higher lofted ones but there is very few offerings in a Sr type flex stock. If you can find a used Adams hybrid a lot of them were geared towards the Senior golfer shaft wise. Shaft profiles are very important IMHO especially for senior golfers in hybrids and higher lofted fairway woods.

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Played again yesterday in the first group off the tee with a few of my old playing companions from the Monday men's league session. Despite being three weeks since playing last, I felt as though my game was beginning to show some signs of life. At least I felt as though I had some idea where the ball was going. Contact was much better than previous outings although I was fairly consistent with getting a bit under the ball. Might need to work a bit with tee height/ball placement.

> >

> > I used my new chipper quite a bit and was quite pleased with the quality of strike and directional control. It's going to take a bit of time to get used to distance control though as I was consistently long with it in most instances. Putting was better, but not great as I am still heavy most often although rolling the ball nicely.

> >

> > Shot a 44, so getting down to a more consistent level of bogies golf with putts for par on most holes. I was pretty tight at the end, so still only up to nine at a time, but I do feel pretty darned good today which is a plus.

> >

> > Distance wise, I was back to what I would consider the new normal that accompanies an 80 mph swing speed. I'm going to need to rejig the top end of the bag a bit. I should be playing senior flex in all my woods as the new driver is working out pretty well. I'm using my 3W a fair bit, but finding that the 7W is redundant as it launches really high, but goes nowhere, so I'm thinking that a lower lofted hybrid is probably in order. Tough to find a 3h in sr. flex though. I'll keep on the lookout. In the meantime I've got an SLDR 4h in the stash that I might give a try even though it's a bit of a sledgehammer with an 82 gm Speeder shaft in R.

>

> Yep you are right that 82 gram Speeder is a lot of shaft. I really do not understand manufacturers. Most hybrids are used by senior golfers especially higher lofted ones but there is very few offerings in a Sr type flex stock. If you can find a used Adams hybrid a lot of them were geared towards the Senior golfer shaft wise. Shaft profiles are very important IMHO especially for senior golfers in hybrids and higher lofted fairway woods.

Never thought to look out for an old Adams hybrid. You're right that I should be able to find one with a sr. flex shaft at about 65 gm which would be perfect!

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @tolmij said:

> > > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > > American "Indians" want you to appropriate their culture by selling

> > > > > you things like headresses, dream catchers and the like.

> > > > >

> > > > > Actually, if you are a tourist who travels you are given many opportunities

> > > > > to appropriate other cultures and encouraged by them to do so.

> > > > >

> > > > > People want to see their cultures spread and appropriated, otherwise

> > > > > Thai's would not be serving Thai food in restaurants in America....or

> > > > > anywhere else outside Thailand.

> > > >

> > > > I agree with you, it’s just today everyone in the PC brigade seems to thing you cannot do, dress, talk, eat or any other function if it was not originally part of the culture in the country you were born. I have to laugh when they start because they do not seem aware of how idiotic they sound.

> > >

> > > Trust me Bud I am far from being PC In person I really say what I think---- I may not always be right and have to apologize a couple of days later but I say what I think---- On here I have sorta a filter on. This thread is not bad at all but in some of the other sections of WRX if I really typed what I was thinking I could be banned. I try not to offend as a rule but do not get me started and in person I do not go out of my way to be obnoxious or offend. I have learned this with some of today's millennial folk. If you ignore them it ticks them off worse and they will go away. I tell you I am relishing getting old and not giving two hoots but come to think of it I have been that way all my life

> > >

> > I am a bit like that, if they don’t like what I say too bad, I do try to be polite but cannot stand today’s attitude. The one that really gets up my nose is how only one person complains and things are altered no matter how many people like it. Really are a snowflake generation, a good heavy boot up the backside would do them good.

>

> LOL it is funny we live halfway around the world from each other but think exactly alike. My wife says a brick up side the head and as my old man used to say a good whip across the backside several times to get their attention. I am fond of the whip analogy myself. Most of the time now when I deal with some of these idiots in person I say " maybe you need to get yourself another crack rock" Most of these idiots can not deal with me in person when I speak out.

My dad was a no nonsense person and my mom was even better at it. She went to my school when I was young and punched a teacher for slapping me and leaving a bruise and I watched her drag a neighbour around our yard by her hair when she started to spread untrue rumours about her. She was 4ft 11 and a package of dynamite.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @tolmij said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > > @tolmij said:

> > > > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > > > American "Indians" want you to appropriate their culture by selling

> > > > > > you things like headresses, dream catchers and the like.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Actually, if you are a tourist who travels you are given many opportunities

> > > > > > to appropriate other cultures and encouraged by them to do so.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > People want to see their cultures spread and appropriated, otherwise

> > > > > > Thai's would not be serving Thai food in restaurants in America....or

> > > > > > anywhere else outside Thailand.

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree with you, it’s just today everyone in the PC brigade seems to thing you cannot do, dress, talk, eat or any other function if it was not originally part of the culture in the country you were born. I have to laugh when they start because they do not seem aware of how idiotic they sound.

> > > >

> > > > Trust me Bud I am far from being PC In person I really say what I think---- I may not always be right and have to apologize a couple of days later but I say what I think---- On here I have sorta a filter on. This thread is not bad at all but in some of the other sections of WRX if I really typed what I was thinking I could be banned. I try not to offend as a rule but do not get me started and in person I do not go out of my way to be obnoxious or offend. I have learned this with some of today's millennial folk. If you ignore them it ticks them off worse and they will go away. I tell you I am relishing getting old and not giving two hoots but come to think of it I have been that way all my life

> > > >

> > > I am a bit like that, if they don’t like what I say too bad, I do try to be polite but cannot stand today’s attitude. The one that really gets up my nose is how only one person complains and things are altered no matter how many people like it. Really are a snowflake generation, a good heavy boot up the backside would do them good.

> >

> > LOL it is funny we live halfway around the world from each other but think exactly alike. My wife says a brick up side the head and as my old man used to say a good whip across the backside several times to get their attention. I am fond of the whip analogy myself. Most of the time now when I deal with some of these idiots in person I say " maybe you need to get yourself another crack rock" Most of these idiots can not deal with me in person when I speak out.

>

> My dad was a no nonsense person and my mom was even better at it. She went to my school when I was young and punched a teacher for slapping me and leaving a bruise and I watched her drag a neighbour around our yard by her hair when she started to spread untrue rumours about her. She was 4ft 11 and a package of dynamite.

ROTFLMFAO---- My wife is 4ft 11 and is a package of dynamite----- When she ran the receiving department at a local grocery store all the truck drivers called her "Firecracker"----- My wife will tell anyone in a heartbeat "do not mess with me because dynamite comes in small packages"

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > > Hard to believe, but I actually watched several hours of the third round yesterday. Most of it in fact and I was rivitted. The relentless charge of Koepka and the steadfastness of both Rose and Woodland. Should be pretty good today I would think. I certainly appreciated the familiar venue and the fact that the USGA was able to resist tricking the set-up beyond ridiculous a la Chambers Bay!

> > > > > I think this proves that they don't have to go over the edge to get a compelling test. Lots of guys were charging and then falling back at the same time due to the penal nature of errors. Best US Open I've seen in a long time and it helps that no one is running away with it.

> > > >

> > > > Well deserved victory by Woodland. Clearly the best on the day and the week. He was certainly most consistent and was able to quickly right the ship when things went a bit awry. Those who were chasing were pressing and that had a negative impact on their swings as they were spraying the ball all over. I was shocked to learn the Woodland was 35! It doesn't seem that he's been around that long, but I suppose he's part of the DJ and Ricky cohort and they've both been around for a long time now.

> > > >

> > > > On the Ireland next and the Open Championship. I'm really looking forward to that one as I've actually been there in person and had a meal in the clubhouse restaurant back in 2010.

> > >

> > > Actually believe it or not I watched most of the tournament. I told some folks on the other threads I would watch only if the USGA did not trick up the course and did not run too many nauseating self serving corny commercials. Actually hat off to the USGA for doing neither. I got a chuckle thinking about one of the owners being Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry mode to the USGA crowd. " Try to trick up our golf course go ahead make my day"---- Yep it was a great event the best I have seen since the 1986 Masters

> >

> > One of my playing companions yesterday has played Pebble Beach. He said at the time it was $600 all in including clubs and a cart. He heard that current rates are now over $800 for a round with the tee sheet being booked solid a full year in advance!

>

> If people have that amount of disposable income then my hat is off to them!!! OH yeah it is a beautiful place but even if I had that much disposable income I could not see it. Maybe just maybe if the time was right as in late in the afternoon with few folks around and I was able to walk with a caddie. But on a fun factor with good folks to play with I can have just as much fun at " Joe's Goat Ranch" for $20.

I could not justify $800 for a round of golf. There's a place in my area, Olde Stonewall, that is supposedly the best golf in the area. A public course, $150 full rate, with cheaper times avaliable. I think the cheapest is around $100 off season. I could easily afford to play there occasionally, but I won't. I'm too frugal for that, especially when i can still play the Goat Track (for how long, who knows?) that I'm a member. I consider golf a good way to walk and exercise, not looking for an upscale experience.

In other matters, last Sunday, i played my Optiforce 440 driver. As I'm walking on #8, I feel a thud. The shaft had broken, and the head fell to the ground with about a foot shaft still connected. In frugal fashion, I'll get a new shaft, when I see one cheap, with free shipping. Now, anywhere from $40 up. I'm playing the Diablo, about the same performance. All my drivers (an all clubs) seem to get the same performance.

Never broke a shaft before, except for a couple hickories.

Funny, was crunching off the tee, paced a 240 drive, right before the thud from the bag. Like a light bulb, I guess. Brightest right before the burnout.

• Like 2

> @Wriggles said:

> tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

> A picture of my neighbor, the Dodge, and me, (wearing the "Masters" jacket) taken on Father's Day.

>

There ya go; turned out in Sunday best! I wish we had that old thumbs up emoji to add to this post! Your neighbour reminds me of the fellow who lives next door to the house that we bought. We take possession in less than a month now. :anguished:

Apparently the lady that lives on the other side is pretty much DW's twin according to DW. I can see an embarassing moment in my future...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Wriggles said:

> tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

> A picture of my neighbor, the Dodge, and me, (wearing the "Masters" jacket) taken on Father's Day.

>

And a very dapper looking Wriggles it is. Here is a thumbs up???????also a nice looking car, pity about the other fella. ?? hope you have managed to slow him down.

I agree with you about the cost of a game, my local club is $25 for 18, $20 for 9 $10 extra for both on weekends and it is a good interesting course with a nice variation of holes, plenty of water and even more trees so it can be a challenge. The membership is $880 a year unlimited golf with a small fee for competitions. Not joined for the past 12 months but annual membership is due soon so I may once again become a member, it’s much cheaper per round if you play every week which I used to, twice three times some weeks, we shall see how it goes.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

> > A picture of my neighbor, the Dodge, and me, (wearing the "Masters" jacket) taken on Father's Day.

> >

>

> There ya go; turned out in Sunday best! I wish we had that old thumbs up emoji to add to this post! Your neighbour reminds me of the fellow who lives next door to the house that we bought. We take possession in less than a month now. :anguished:

>

> Apparently the lady that lives on the other side is pretty much DW's twin according to DW. I can see an embarassing moment in my future...

It seems funny to me now after moving a few times in Australia, sign the contract move out in four weeks no exceptions unless there is a mutual agreement between parties, even then it’s never more than five weeks. Makes for interesting times if you have to coordinate sales and moving with another party. If your own property is not sold it’s normal to show an interest in your next purchase and try to hold off on signing a contract for a week or two, never usually goes longer than that.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @Wriggles said:

> > > tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

> > > A picture of my neighbor, the Dodge, and me, (wearing the "Masters" jacket) taken on Father's Day.

> > >

> >

> > There ya go; turned out in Sunday best! I wish we had that old thumbs up emoji to add to this post! Your neighbour reminds me of the fellow who lives next door to the house that we bought. We take possession in less than a month now. :anguished:

> >

> > Apparently the lady that lives on the other side is pretty much DW's twin according to DW. I can see an embarassing moment in my future...

>

>

> It seems funny to me now after moving a few times in Australia, sign the contract move out in four weeks no exceptions unless there is a mutual agreement between parties, even then it’s never more than five weeks. Makes for interesting times if you have to coordinate sales and moving with another party. If your own property is not sold it’s normal to show an interest in your next purchase and try to hold off on signing a contract for a week or two, never usually goes longer than that.

Moving houses is a whole lot different than moving a farm. I highly doubt that a farm sale would be done and dusted in 4 weeks even in Australia, but the customs and presale prep maybe different there. In this country, it's usually a long drawn out affair unless it's done by auction to settle an estate. This has been a very big deal for us as there has been a lifetime's accumulation of stuff to deal with one way or another. That has been ongoing for months. It's too bad that you weren't closer. I would hire you to help me out!

Typically for house sales I think that the average time frame from firm contract until closing would be somehwere between 30-45 days which really isn't that much different than what you're used to. First time moves will take a bit extra time because there's more to deal with and you don't know what you're doing. By the third of forth move I'm pretty sure that routines are down and things can happen rather quickly.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Played again yesterday in the first group off the tee with a few of my old playing companions from the Monday men's league session. Despite being three weeks since playing last, I felt as though my game was beginning to show some signs of life. At least I felt as though I had some idea where the ball was going. Contact was much better than previous outings although I was fairly consistent with getting a bit under the ball. Might need to work a bit with tee height/ball placement.

> >

> > I used my new chipper quite a bit and was quite pleased with the quality of strike and directional control. It's going to take a bit of time to get used to distance control though as I was consistently long with it in most instances. Putting was better, but not great as I am still heavy most often although rolling the ball nicely.

> >

> > Shot a 44, so getting down to a more consistent level of bogies golf with putts for par on most holes. I was pretty tight at the end, so still only up to nine at a time, but I do feel pretty darned good today which is a plus.

> >

> > Distance wise, I was back to what I would consider the new normal that accompanies an 80 mph swing speed. I'm going to need to rejig the top end of the bag a bit. I should be playing senior flex in all my woods as the new driver is working out pretty well. I'm using my 3W a fair bit, but finding that the 7W is redundant as it launches really high, but goes nowhere, so I'm thinking that a lower lofted hybrid is probably in order. Tough to find a 3h in sr. flex though. I'll keep on the lookout. In the meantime I've got an SLDR 4h in the stash that I might give a try even though it's a bit of a sledgehammer with an 82 gm Speeder shaft in R.

>

> Yep you are right that 82 gram Speeder is a lot of shaft. I really do not understand manufacturers. Most hybrids are used by senior golfers especially higher lofted ones but there is very few offerings in a Sr type flex stock. **If you can find a used Adams hybrid a lot of them were geared towards the Senior golfer shaft wise.** Shaft profiles are very important IMHO especially for senior golfers in hybrids and higher lofted fairway woods.

Guess we're gonna find out. Just put an order in for an Adams Tight Lies 2.0 4h with a Sr. flex Kuro Kage shaft that was on eBay from a local seller. $50 all in and in really good shape too! If that works out, I've found a companion 4W with same shaft for $100.

Sometimes I think that I like buying clubs more than playing the game. I'm pretty sure that my wife would agree with that statement! :lol:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Wriggles said:

> tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

>

You look distinguished as always and I would take you for a ANGC member--- Old Dodge looks good. Man I would love to find one like it. Would love pulling up to the bag drop in it with a trunkfull of my vintage clubs

• Like 2

> @Wriggles said:

> tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

>

You look like you should be running the USGA...........and doing a much better

job than those presently running things. You look very distinguished and have

a natural gravitas about you. Wriggs for CEO of the USGA!

• Like 1

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > @Wriggles said:

> > > > tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

> > > > A picture of my neighbor, the Dodge, and me, (wearing the "Masters" jacket) taken on Father's Day.

> > > >

> > >

> > > There ya go; turned out in Sunday best! I wish we had that old thumbs up emoji to add to this post! Your neighbour reminds me of the fellow who lives next door to the house that we bought. We take possession in less than a month now. :anguished:

> > >

> > > Apparently the lady that lives on the other side is pretty much DW's twin according to DW. I can see an embarassing moment in my future...

> >

> >

> > It seems funny to me now after moving a few times in Australia, sign the contract move out in four weeks no exceptions unless there is a mutual agreement between parties, even then it’s never more than five weeks. Makes for interesting times if you have to coordinate sales and moving with another party. If your own property is not sold it’s normal to show an interest in your next purchase and try to hold off on signing a contract for a week or two, never usually goes longer than that.

>

> Moving houses is a whole lot different than moving a farm. I highly doubt that a farm sale would be done and dusted in 4 weeks even in Australia, but the customs and presale prep maybe different there. In this country, it's usually a long drawn out affair unless it's done by auction to settle an estate. This has been a very big deal for us as there has been a lifetime's accumulation of stuff to deal with one way or another. That has been ongoing for months. It's too bad that you weren't closer. I would hire you to help me out!

>

> Typically for house sales I think that the average time frame from firm contract until closing would be somehwere between 30-45 days which really isn't that much different than what you're used to. First time moves will take a bit extra time because there's more to deal with and you don't know what you're doing. By the third of forth move I'm pretty sure that routines are down and things can happen rather quickly.

>

>

Yes I did not think that post through very well, a lifetime is a bit different and a farm would be a nightmare, all of our moves have been after a relatively short time 5/10 years. The only difficult one was moving to Australia and then we sold the large items and hired a company to pack and move the rest. Typically in the UK a house sale is almost always 3 months or more. No more moving for us we are now in our forever home.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Cultural appropriation is more fun than moving.

Cultural appropriation is fun because it gets the PC crowd agitated.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Wriggles said:

> tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

>

Very nice Wriggs! Love the car and the jacket. We are counting on you to get us a Grille meet up at Augusta National.

PS I am feeling a little vertically challenged and beer belly shamed.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Is it Tuesday or Thursday? Working into this retired thing. Played today for the first Wednesday in a long time. Scored poorly but I had a very rare Watery or Golden Retriever as my bro calls them. Saved par after a ball in the water on the par 4 fourth. Worth double in the skins game. I haven't done that in a long time.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

@scomac2002 said

> Apparently the lady that lives on the other side is pretty much DW's twin according to DW. I can see an embarassing moment in my future...

Mrs. scotee once walked up behind a friend of ours and mistakenly patted him on the butt thinking it was me. She was mortified. He was LOL as was I.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @scotee said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

> > A picture of my neighbor, the Dodge, and me, (wearing the "Masters" jacket) taken on Father's Day.

> >

> Very nice Wriggs! Love the car and the jacket. We are counting on you to get us a Grille meet up at Augusta National.

> PS **I am feeling a little vertically challenged and beer belly shamed**.

There's a lot to look up to with Wriggs! :wink:

Better add hair too as in colour and amount! And somehow he gets by without glasses too. I'm as blind as a bat without mine and I could see just fine until I was 40!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @scotee said:

> > > @Wriggles said:

> > > tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

> > > A picture of my neighbor, the Dodge, and me, (wearing the "Masters" jacket) taken on Father's Day.

> > >

> > Very nice Wriggs! Love the car and the jacket. We are counting on you to get us a Grille meet up at Augusta National.

> > PS **I am feeling a little vertically challenged and beer belly shamed**.

>

> There's a lot to look up to with Wriggs! :wink:

>

> Better add hair too as in colour and amount! And somehow he gets by without glasses too. I'm as blind as a bat without mine and I could see just fine until I was 40!

>

>

I've been blessed with a good head of hair. However, the color is "Just for Men" light brown. I got the crazy idea to color my hair, before the Masters this year. I've been gray for the last 25 years, but after seeing a photo of "Mr. Beautiful" Fred Ridley, I figured, "What the heck." If old Fred can look young and beautiful, why not me?

As far as vision, cataract surgery in 2009 eliminated the 1/2" thick lenses I wore all my life. I'll be needing glasses again at some point, though.

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys.

• Like 2

You do look fabulous and debonair Wriggs, running the USGA maybe, but also how about being the main TV personality for the broadcast networks for golf coverage. They need help. Heck, you don't have to say anything, that would be best. I've found over the last couple of years in my observation that the European Tour and the LPGA commentators do a much better job. They should give lessons to the PGA broadcast networks.

We had no golf on Tuesday, the course was too wet I guess. And it was supposed to rain more. It didn't, and the sun came out, ended up being a beautiful sunny evening, ugh.

Had my first appointment with my new doctor Tuesday morning, the one my wife goes to, as my doc retired. Supposed to be a great guy, and he was, sort of. They weighed me in at 186, I had just weighed in at home at 182 before I showered which means real weight to me, I don't weigh myself fully clothed with wallet in pocket and phone and shoes on and AFO braces. Keep in mind I have now lost 20 lbs. He said "186, you should bring that down a few pounds". I said "I weigh 182". He said "Well, they checked you in at 186" (he's the book-smart type as opposed to common sense). My blood pressure was 110/62, but he said I see in your records you had heart surgery 8 years ago, I think you need to be on a statin. We'll get you in to the cardiologist at the hospital here for some follow up work. ( I had 3 stents put in my heart, my cardiologist in Columbus had said 5 years ago my heart looked so good he didn't need to see me again, and he is one of the best in the area). So this guy gave me paperwork for blood work which I had done yesterday early. I told him I am not taking a statin, which he didn't like, cause I tried them before when my cholesterol was 212 and didn't like them. (He said "you have a history of high cholesterol"- wtf, I have a history of flunking math tests too, in high school) Plus I already take 4 epilepsy meds and don't want to take any more pills. I reminded him my blood pressure was 110/62, and I weigh 182. The only thing he said to that was "186". The blood work came back yesterday and my cholesterol was 171, with the LDL at 81. So now that made him freak out and his office called yesterday afternoon for a follow up appointment to talk again about statins, dang, what is it about the medical world nowadays? I've never felt better...

Is anybody here on statins?

• Like 2

> @scotee said:

> Is it Tuesday or Thursday? Working into this retired thing. Played today for the first Wednesday in a long time. Scored poorly but I had a very rare Watery or Golden Retriever as my bro calls them. Saved par after a ball in the water on the par 4 fourth. Worth double in the skins game. I haven't done that in a long time.

Losing the day is a familiar feeling for me, quite often have to check to see which one Is with me. It’s a good thing about retirement, no need to fuss over the now unimportant things like getting up for work. ??

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

> >

>

> And a very dapper looking Wriggles it is. Here is a thumbs up???????also a nice looking car, pity about the other fella. ?? hope you have managed to slow him down.

>

> I agree with you about the cost of a game, my local club is $25 for 18, $20 for 9 $10 extra for both on weekends and it is a good interesting course with a nice variation of holes, plenty of water and even more trees so it can be a challenge. The membership is $880 a year unlimited golf with a small fee for competitions. Not joined for the past 12 months but annual membership is due soon so I may once again become a member, it’s much cheaper per round if you play every week which I used to, twice three times some weeks, we shall see how it goes.

That sounds like a great golf deal you have there Tol.

• Like 1

> @SixtySomePing said:

>

> Had my first appointment with my new doctor Tuesday morning, the one my wife goes to, as my doc retired. Supposed to be a great guy, and he was, sort of. They weighed me in at 186, I had just weighed in at home at 182 before I showered which means real weight to me, I don't weigh myself fully clothed with wallet in pocket and phone and shoes on and AFO braces. Keep in mind I have now lost 20 lbs. He said "186, you should bring that down a few pounds". I said "I weigh 182". He said "Well, they checked you in at 186" (he's the book-smart type as opposed to common sense). My blood pressure was 110/62, but he said I see in your records you had heart surgery 8 years ago, I think you need to be on a statin. We'll get you in to the cardiologist at the hospital here for some follow up work. ( I had 3 stents put in my heart, my cardiologist in Columbus had said 5 years ago my heart looked so good he didn't need to see me again, and he is one of the best in the area). So this guy gave me paperwork for blood work which I had done yesterday early. I told him I am not taking a statin, which he didn't like, cause I tried them before when my cholesterol was 212 and didn't like them. (He said "you have a history of high cholesterol"- wtf, I have a history of flunking math tests too, in high school) Plus I already take 4 epilepsy meds and don't want to take any more pills. I reminded him my blood pressure was 110/62, and I weigh 182. The only thing he said to that was "186". The blood work came back yesterday and my cholesterol was 171, with the LDL at 81. So now that made him freak out and his office called yesterday afternoon for a follow up appointment to talk again about statins, dang, what is it about the medical world nowadays? I've never felt better...

> Is anybody here on statins?

Once fired my doctor over statins. He was a friend before he was my doctor. Got to know him when he used to come to pops concerts and sat in the front row, he’d ask me to join him at Morton’s afterward. Very expensive steak house around the corner; one evening the Rangers were in town and Wayne Gretzky came in. Never ate more than a salad because I didn’t want to take advantage of his hospitality and he wouldn’t let me pay, but he always ordered a big hunk of meat. He told me that he had lunch at Morton’s every Wednesday, that every week a different drug company rep took him there, his secretary just booked it for him.

Which occurred to me when one year (maybe 15 years ago) my cholesterol came back 190-ish and he immediately prescribed a statin, even though my blood pressure was great, always has been. I told him I didn’t want it, that I was over 40, slightly overweight, had three small kids, a stressful job and a terrible diet, and if my cholesterol was too high I had lots of stuff to throw overboard before I took a pill that, as far as I could tell, just made a number go down and was hard on my liver at minimum. He said, that’s a holistic view of health, most people don’t have the discipline for that. I said I didn’t see anybody but him and me in the room so he could save the statins for those other people. His secretary called four or five times after that to ask if I’d filled my prescription, until I said to stop calling, I had come to distrust his motives and was no longer his patient.

I’ve had a couple of doctors since, have not had statins suggested again. My cholesterol is usually around 180, which once, before the pharma companies came up with a pill that lowered it, was considered perfectly healthy.

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> You do look fabulous and debonair Wriggs, running the USGA maybe, but also how about being the main TV personality for the broadcast networks for golf coverage. **They need help. Heck, you don't have to say anything, that would be best.** I've found over the last couple of years in my observation that the European Tour and the LPGA commentators do a much better job. They should give lessons to the PGA broadcast networks.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is so true! Just shut the eff up already!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @howellhandmade said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> >

> > Had my first appointment with my new doctor Tuesday morning, the one my wife goes to, as my doc retired. Supposed to be a great guy, and he was, sort of. They weighed me in at 186, I had just weighed in at home at 182 before I showered which means real weight to me, I don't weigh myself fully clothed with wallet in pocket and phone and shoes on and AFO braces. Keep in mind I have now lost 20 lbs. He said "186, you should bring that down a few pounds". I said "I weigh 182". He said "Well, they checked you in at 186" (he's the book-smart type as opposed to common sense). My blood pressure was 110/62, but he said I see in your records you had heart surgery 8 years ago, I think you need to be on a statin. We'll get you in to the cardiologist at the hospital here for some follow up work. ( I had 3 stents put in my heart, my cardiologist in Columbus had said 5 years ago my heart looked so good he didn't need to see me again, and he is one of the best in the area). So this guy gave me paperwork for blood work which I had done yesterday early. I told him I am not taking a statin, which he didn't like, cause I tried them before when my cholesterol was 212 and didn't like them. (He said "you have a history of high cholesterol"- wtf, I have a history of flunking math tests too, in high school) Plus I already take 4 epilepsy meds and don't want to take any more pills. I reminded him my blood pressure was 110/62, and I weigh 182. The only thing he said to that was "186". The blood work came back yesterday and my cholesterol was 171, with the LDL at 81. So now that made him freak out and his office called yesterday afternoon for a follow up appointment to talk again about statins, dang, what is it about the medical world nowadays? I've never felt better...

> > Is anybody here on statins?

>

> Once fired my doctor over statins. He was a friend before he was my doctor. Got to know him when he used to come to pops concerts and sat in the front row, he’d ask me to join him at Morton’s afterward. Very expensive steak house around the corner; one evening the Rangers were in town and Wayne Gretzky came in. Never ate more than a salad because I didn’t want to take advantage of his hospitality and he wouldn’t let me pay, but he always ordered a big hunk of meat. He told me that he had lunch at Morton’s every Wednesday, that every week a different drug company rep took him there, his secretary just booked it for him.

>

> Which occurred to me when one year (maybe 15 years ago) my cholesterol came back 190-ish and he immediately prescribed a statin, even though my blood pressure was great, always has been. I told him I didn’t want it, that I was over 40, slightly overweight, had three small kids, a stressful job and a terrible diet, and if my cholesterol was too high I had lots of stuff to throw overboard before I took a pill that, as far as I could tell, just made a number go down and was hard on my liver at minimum. He said, that’s a holistic view of health, most people don’t have the discipline for that. I said I didn’t see anybody but him and me in the room so he could save the statins for those other people. His secretary called four or five times after that to ask if I’d filled my prescription, until I said to stop calling, I had come to distrust his motives and was no longer his patient.

>

> I’ve had a couple of doctors since, have not had statins suggested again. My cholesterol is usually around 180, which once, before the pharma companies came up with a pill that lowered it, was considered perfectly healthy.

My guy tried to put me on statins a few years ago. I asked him why? he said that studies said it would be efficatious at my levels. I asked him what percentage of those at my levels would it help and he responded with a fairly low number. He then looked at me and said that I didn't really need them then.

It's funny...or maybe it isn't...I was in hospital in Florida about 4 years ago and they loved my levels. Even my BP wasn't all that alarming. I come home and my GP wants to up everything I'm on and then some!

I'm not sure I trust any of them, even those with good intentions. My wife has a friend that they're killing with cancer meds and she wasn't even symptomatic! But oh, those tests said she's at risk! There once was a time that they sentenced people to death for questioning that the world was flat! :angry:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)