Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Yeah we're having a real nice aluminum fence installed in 2 weeks that will encompass the back yard. So we are just doing some odds and ends type of stuff to prepare for it. This is for the dog, should make the yard look nice, and bigger as they are going to remove all the hedges which surround the yard as well.

• Like 1

By now, I would surmise that the entire 'rational' world understands what is required to minimize the risk of contagion from Covid-19. Wear a mask, vigorous washing of one's hands with soap after being out, social distancing. Mitigation factors that I have control over, which is my behavior. There is ample scientific evidence that indicates the main transmission of the virus is aerosol, in close proximity with an infected individual, in a confined space. No longer have the same anxiety when venturing out into the public as I did back in early April. When the virus was exploding exponentially here, without viable information as to cause and effect. Globally, we have improved information as too transmission. Not counting ANY of the FB scientific warriors and fringe media that spread rumor and make unsubstantiated claims.

I read this article a week or so back. Without being in the medical profession, an epidemiologist, infectious disease scientist. Just utilizing my own logic and common sense. The essence of the article is that the infection risk is a result of a formula:

Successful Infection = Exposure to Virus x Time.

The concentration of viral particles suspended in the air and the time that one is exposed to them. A large space with a large volume of air and adequate ventilation is a low(er) risk environment. Outdoors minimal. Providing we do our part with the behaviors mentioned above. The article may be a worthwhile perusal: The Risks - Know Them - Avoid ThemTest positive cases are strongly trending down, even with the rapid increase in the number of tests being performed. Deaths, a two week lag indicator, also trending down. The Governor here is beginning to geographically lift some of the restrictions. Restaurants, bars, and retail will open with proper protocols in less populous regions on Friday. The executive 'stay at home' order is set to expire June 1. Expect all regions to fully open for business thereafter. It's time. But that doesn't mean it's back to normal. We are going to be living in a managed risk environment for the foreseeable future. So I'm going to continue making smart choices in how I engage with the public. I've become very cognizant of my position in space when out and about. Guessing 90% of those that I observe in public are wearing a mask of some form. Will continue wearing mine for a long time to come. Consider it to be a statement of "it's not going to be me that gets sick because of your lack of awareness and stupidity".

The Coronavirus pandemic is far from being over. The discussion in some areas of 'herd immunity' is crazy talk IMO. How we adjust as a global society in mitigation behaviors will remain important factors in control and spread prevention of the virus.

Stay healthy my brethren.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Went into the club this morning to train another coworker. It was cold and windy. Not my idea of good golf weather, but there were several hardy sorts more than willing to give it a go.
Somewhat pursuant to what @tolmij was talking about upthread, it doesn't take long for the stubborn to appear with less interest in following the rules than the opening day crowd. Everyone was so happy to be out playing and didn't care what you wanted them to do they were happy to comply on Saturday. Today was different with golfers showing up extra early and expecting to be able to sit and wait in the clubhouse. Multiple groups going directly to the tee box area because that's always how it has been. I guess they didn't bother to read the signage which they had to avoid on the way to the clubhouse. Worst part was that we're talking about a bunch of seniors who should be doing all they can to protect themselves rather than risking becoming a statistic! My coworker who is about 5X5 with the demeanour of a pitbull had to wander on down there and straighten them out. Go sickem' boy!
I also learned that I maybe on the short end of the stick when it comes to league playing time as we have only been assigned 4 tee times. I don't know how they're going to ration that out, so I maybe forced into looking for another game as part of a regular group rather than in a league setting. It's always something! Perhaps further incentive to move on from the old haunt.

• Like 1

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Interesting article Fella, Also it’s good to hear that at least some areas are doing the right thing. We could not believe the stupidity in the hardware store yesterday, it was as if nothing has happened, mainly the staff were not doing what their advertising says, the 4 per isle is a good limit but staff who were supposed to be looking after it were walking round in groups totally ignoring what was happening, we were the only people in the store wearing masks and everyone was walking into each other including the greater majority of what were the in danger group, older people. We will not be going in there again until things are better organised which may be never looking at yesterday.

Anyway, we should not be worried because it’s all the world government making it up also they can control totally all citizens, once the vaccine is ready and Bill Gates has his micro chip planted in it, we will be programmed to believe whatever they want us to believe, from then on we will be walking round experiencing total oblivion from all the perceived ills in the universe. I also think the problems with this site was another attempt to have us accept whatever they tell us is acceptable, it’s just the first step in programming the human mind. Obviously Bill Gates owns this site and is looking into those of us who do not comply easily. The other part in the new 5G system being installed, it does not spread the virus but is being used to programme our minds through micro waves, as we cannot feel them it’s easy for those in charge to do it. Mmmmmmmmmm, am I right or am I right??????????????????

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

First, my air guitar has a camouflage skin, rendering it impossible to find between uses. Need an air "find me" App.

Second, glad to hear actual golf is awakening through the Grille, and beyond. Why do I suddenly feel like Buzz Lightyear?

Third, respects/props to Fella regarding his post on this virus madness. All I have to add is this craziness has exposed the best and the worst in all of us. All has been trotted right out in the sunshine for all to behold.

Next, thanks for humoring the question about practice versus real swings. All good answers. Wonder if maybe there's actually a way to bridge that gap between the two swings in a useful rather than destructive way? Hmmmmmm...

Lastly, I hear a lack of toilet paper supply is best managed by having someone frequently sneeze on your backside from up to six feet away. Or maybe it was leave your skivvies in a bowl of rice overnight and backup your phone frequently. Oh well, I'll try both and report back. ?

• Like 2

I will be going again in the not too distant future (I hope) but it depends on how we see the locals acting and whether there are any spikes as a result of the local covidiots. Sometimes you want to just smack them in the back of the head to wake them up.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I have not really been out that much since this began--- Now right now I have 3 different doctors--- One office no one wore masks--- Where I went yesterday they had called in advance and told me to wear a mask and they were enforcing it. Got another appointment today with yet another doctor. Do not care Workmans Comp is paying me and paying for transportation and the doctors.

Note--- Tol there is a fellow over in the Classic Golf and Golfers forum from down your way goes by the name of Nomad Golfer. Seems to be a good guy he was away for a while and now he is back. Was talking about how vicious roos were. Reminded me of when you schooled me on them

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

Tol it is in the Random Conversation Thread in the Classic Golf and Golfers section

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

Thanks Fella, another glitch came up this morning, it would not let me be anywhere other than your post with the view post message until I opened it.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

i logged on this morning, and it took me three tries to get on. Kept saying my password was wrong.

I have a hunch it is my crappy internet provider. Using the laptop, on wifi...power enough to get online....barely.

Will not be doing much golfing here next week. We have had a lot of rain, but not as much as down Stu's way.

Now they are forecasting rain every day for the next ten days. The course is like a sponge now, so it wont be playable

if we get another three days, let alone ten. Back to hitting the plastic ones in the yard !

• Like 1

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Have good rainsuits, so as long as its just a light rain, i dont mind. But this is just day after day after day..lol

Did not get the lawn fertilized yet. When i catch it dry enough i mow quickly ! once i get it cut down,it rains

again...tomorrow, it goes down, rain or not. If it washes it all down the slope,so be it !!

• Like 1

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Hi Guys

Been a while, good to see many of yall still hanging out here. I've been lurking a bit, but not checking the site as much as I did in the past. I'm lucky enough to still be employed, and live in a state that never shut down golf. Anyway, I have a 11:30 tee time at this course tomorrow.

Stay safe guys, I'll do my best to keep it double digits.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/victoria-national-golf-club

• Like 1

My course just put in senior tees and I have started playing them. It's a nine hole course and you go around twice to get in your 18 holes. There are four holes from the middle tees that I have to play like par 5's. I have to lay-up on my second shots as there is too much trouble in going for the green, and I would have to hit a pure 7 or 4-wood to get there. It's hard to break 80 when you have to treat four holes like par 5's. I played the senior tees the other day, and made par on those holes. It's nice not having to layup on a par 4.

Another lesson I learned is too tell my ego to take a hike, lol.

• Like 1

Sean, I am with you ! I have just decided to start playing the senior tees this year. I an normally on the next set back

but i just figure the senior tees were made for older folks who no longer enjoy hitting long irons and hybrids as a 2nd

shot and even having to play up on a couple par 4's.

Most of the guys I play with have moved up, and myself and two others are the last holdouts. So, now there will only be two of them,

One of them will move up, but the other was 6'3" and 250lbs as a 15 year old, and he still gets it out there around 265/275. He is also 74 as I am and still walks until the 90 degrees and humidity hits.

Played 9 this morning,and played the senior tees,and I am planning on staying there .It was fun to be hitting 7's and 8's and even 9's into the par 4's, instead of a 5 or 6 or hybrid.

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I started playing senior tees when I joined a senior men's league. We actually play hybrid tees moving from senior to whites to even blues depending upon the length to par. Still have to lay up more often than not on a couple of holes -- 8 & 9 which is done more for course management reasons than not being able to reach.

Worked three days now and yet to play. I'm supposed to have a tee time for Monday in the league for my opening round. Between work and trying to get a garden in I'm pretty much exhausted right now!

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)