2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

there is only one course within an hours drive time that i could walk. Having the hilly terrain is a price for living in the

foothills of the little Smokeys . Like Sean, my Doc. has issued a no walking above 85 and none if humidity is up there.

I asked how high humidity, he just gave me a stone face stare and said "if you dont use common sense, you'll be dead, hows that"?

I humbly answered , Gotcha ! And this is the guy that i taught how to cast an open faced reel...HUMPH !

Got 9 in today, and enjoyed the day. Pleasant 81 degrees, and just a slight breeze. Hit more good than bad,wasn't even keeping score.

As I came off #9, my Gr.daughter pulled in and we went to an early dinner on the deck overlooking the river. Great afternoon.

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Conrad, let us know what you think of those. I was a Supersoft user...last two years played titleist Tru-soft. I found a blue

one last year, dont know which make, and hit it a couple times and i found the blue easy to pick up and follow in the air and was surprised at how it stood out in the green color of the grass. May have to give those you have a try.

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Haha, you know I like some color. I'm presently too fat to wear all my colorful golf clothing. Had to buy some size 34 Adidas golf shorts

with the fat belly expandable waist. Not sure when I'll get back down to my fightin' weight. Soon hopefully, now that summer is here in

the south.

Was perusing this golf ball thread by MelloYello, https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1819430/might-be-going-back-to-a-cheaper-non-tour-ball/p1

Interesting discussion that got me thinking. I've mixed it up playing balls like the SuperSoft, then switching back to my in stock tour balls; ProVs, B330s,

Chrome Soft, etc.

I've been slowly coming to the same conclusion as Mello. A $20 DZ quality soft 2 piece ball has more positives for my game than the $45 DZ urethane

covered 3-5 piece ball does.

• Like 1

I'll be happy to let you know. I thought I saw a blue SuperSoft but I was wrong. The only blue I found is the Maxfli. Don't know why but none of the

others have blue. Perhaps they fear the sky...............but white balls never feared the clouds so I don't get that. The Matte White balls look good too..

Maxfli seems to be the only one offering Matte White as well. Currently the Maxfli Softflis are 2 DZ for $30 at Dick's and Golf Galaxy.

• Like 1

Conrad, I am totally in the lower price range area. Like you, i just dont see any advantage to using the more expensive

ball. My game isn't anywhere near good enough to tell the difference. I switched to the Supersoft accidentally a couple years ago. Was using the Titleist Velocity. A friend gave me a Supersoft to use, and I was hooked. The Velocity sounded/felt like hitting a rock after using the Softer one.What I like best is the softer feel coming off the club. And then i tried, and liked the Tru-Soft. it feels good also.

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Used Callaway Xchrome soft for a long time and find them easier to hit straight off the tee, before that The ball would go around 80m and then do a quick right angle turn always to the right. A slight hand change, turning my left hand anti clockwise towards the top of the shaft reduced it a lot but until I started using the soft balls I could not stop the ball going right.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Volvik made a blue ball (?????) for awhile. Don't know if they still do. A goto cheapo golf ball has been the Wilson Staff 50 Elite. Can be had for $14/Doz everywhere. For what they are, at that price point, they play quite nicely. What I use in the fall when whacking around with wood. No stress if I lose one in the leaves.

As many are probably aware. Ping seemingly was the originator of the colored golf ball. They had a plethora of solid and two tone colors BITD. Wouldn't mind finding a box of gold & silver at a garage sale one day. Profit. Ping Golf Ball Value Guide

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I haven't seen a waist of those dimensions since I was in my 20's. There's a special place for those thin folks who talk about being fat...

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

With the news of imminent golf I took a couple of clubs out into the back yard to give them a swing just to remember what it feels like. At this point I'm not aware of any practice facilities being open, range or otherwise. With that in mind I took about a half dozen balls out of my shag bag and began chipping. I sure can't learn much from trying to chip a ball in thick spring sod that's more akin to rough than anything else you might encounter at the course. Looks like it's going to be practice by playing lads...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

My home course is littered with hazards...water and woods. If you can play a round and don't lose at least one ball, that is quite an accomplishment. Narrow fairways, with not much rough before a hazard, and small greens add to that. That said, I haven't purchased any golf balls in years. After a round of golf I will sometimes walk the course and look for golf balls. One day to the left of #1 I found 86 golf balls. That day alone I found over 200 balls. I had to stop because I couldn't carry anymore (I have a canvas tote bag I toss them in). I give a lot of the balls to a kids organization, and keep the premium golf balls. Right now I have around 50 dozen Pro V's. This year I won't be looking all that much...getting too old to slog through the briars and brambles retrieving golf balls...I would accumulate quite a few scratches from the thorn bushes. Last year I fell three times, lol. I asked myself, "What the hell are you doing?"

Speaking of walking, have you seen the price of golf push carts...assuming you can find one. I saw an article in Golf Digest and some of those push carts are going for $500. I am all for making a profit, but don't think much of gouging people.

• Like 1

My practice net will be in action next week, furniture arrived on Thursday Three months late and the wrong colour but hey beggars cannot be choosers.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

@Sean2. Speaking of walking, have you seen the price of golf push carts...assuming you can find one. I saw an article in Golf Digest and some of those push carts are going for $500. I am all for making a profit, but don't think much of gouging people. Yeah, crazy prices. Related. Have an old Bag Boy Automatic pull cart that I wanted to be rid of. Placed a listing on FB Marketplace back in late February, $10 and take it away. Didn't receive one inquiry. Thought the listing had expired. The day it was announced that golf would recommence, absent motorized carts, I got 23 responses to my listing inquiring if it was still available. One person offered $40.00 for it. Only realized this because someone who knew my wife and had her phone number called. Don't FB otherwise. Took the ad down, thinking I may need a second cart for awhile. Did let one of the buds use it the first time we played.
Saw listings for average at best generic pull carts for $100 and up. Maybe should have sold it for the 40 bucks. Likely now back to minimal interest and no value. Back in its storage spot, I'll hang on to it for awhile.
  • Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I have a brand new 3 wheel push cart that I bought in 2018. It's still in the bag because I've been using my old Bag Boy with an ultralite bag rather than the cart bag that I display my WITB pics. It's a name brand and folds into a cube. In fact, I think it's called a cube. IIRC I paid $119.99 for it during a preseason sale. Of course, I didn't play that year due to the back injury. It's still in the plastic bag somewhere up in the garage loft.

Maybe DW will claim it because the cart that she used always pulled to the right. Come to think of it, she won't be walking this season as she has a wicked case of plantar fasciitis and can't get treatment due to the lockdown. I suspect that we will be riding only this season if she plays at all.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Looks like I'll be working tomorrow. It's all hands on deck as the tee sheet is full and we're going to be figuring things out as we go, at least in terms of logistics and routines.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Yehawww! Yes!

You guys think I’m some NYC urban guy who don’t know that good country livin.

But I’m a country boy at heart! Love the big open skies, heck, in high school, wed haul a keg out in the woods and party under the stars ; )

And, fishing? Fuhgedaboudit! I am master big mouth bass fisherman. Catch 5 pound bass (that’s huge in NY) on 4-pound test line. Let em jump and run, bzzzzzzz, listen to that drag let the line spool out. Bring them in nice and easy, get my lure out, and let em go and swim away. Sportsman’s way ; )

Although, there was the time a bass I brought in lodged the hook into my finger. Barb set and couldn’t get it out! Had to go to the ER. As Popeye would say.....

How embarasskin ?

• Like 1

Did something like that fishing with a friend when I was 17, yes I can remember that far back?.

A fish took the lure and I struck too hard the hook came out the lure travelled very fast towards my friend and stopped when it pierced his ear lobe, took around half hour to get it out and I did not feel a thing, he never stopped complaining though.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Yeah, I was playin' some acoustic oldies for the pup this week, and some other assorted classic rock in the man cave downstairs on the electric as well just this week, felt good...maybe I can get a gig at the Grille, we could put together a virtual quarantine band. Whatever you play, bring it, if you don't play anything, then sing, if you don't sing, then just bang on something (hit along with the time of the song )

97WXUCD19NLZ.jpg

• Like 1

Have a friend at work who's fron NYC. Plays the standup bass along with guitar, mandolin, harmonica. His brothers played guitar told him they needed a bass player. So, there it was. Lol. Anyhoo, we have a cheap community guitar in our locker room. He heard me piddling with it one day. We got to talking and he grew up on CCR, John Denver, bluegrass and all kinds folk and guitar based lyrical rock. So BSC, doesn't surprise me at all that you like John Denver. And, as a kid, kicked butt on your Big Wheel. Haha

• Like 2

Very nice Rad. Gobs of talent there, seems like they should all still be playing. Denver's death was so tragic, if he had only refueled before touch n' go practice or perhaps he was trying to switch to a second fuel tank with the switch up and behind him (odd placement) and got his foot stuck in the rudder peddle. He had music that reached a lot of people, and still does too...

• Like 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)