Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

For health reasons Jason Day is going to be wearing the swoosh.

Here's to good health!! :drinks:

What is a swoosh? Us Australians do sometimes get lost on American sites. :)

That is the symbol for Nike products-- I call it a backwards check mark--- Supposedly it is the profile position of Michael Jordan in the air dunking a basketball

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Stu puts a lot of himself out here on display. Such a cool guy.

Saw Linda R once in concert. No one could rock a flower behind one ear or don neckwear like her. What was so memorable about the one performance I was lucky to hear live was her dynamic range. College days FWIW. She stepped out to the edge of the stage and sang a tune a capella. Her little voice could crank it up with enough volume to fill that place - and back to a smaller/quieter voice - at will and with full control - no mic - just her and that voice. They say she's not in the best of health these days.

Yeah, she has Parkinson's, can't sing a note, too bad... Now she says she just sits in the house and reads pretty much...

Be careful Stu and Rad, all those miles- wow I can't imagine.

My miles are a drop in the bucket compaired to what Rad and Cobi run every week--- Now I am running about 2100 miles in 5 days but I do sleep at home every night--- Funny thing about my job that old junky washing machine I hauled today might be someone's new car in a couple of weeks.

2100 is NOT small change by yourself in a 5 day week bro. We only average

5-6K a week between the 2 of us working a 7 day week. Some weeks we

might run 7K but those are the exception.

So we are running 2500-3000 each per 7 day week so you are running about

the same as we are as a daily average. The difference is we run in spurts.

We'll run 2500 miles in 2 days and then on the day we deliver we may only

run a few hundred to go get the next load and we'll spend most of the day

sitting around while I post on WRX, lol.

Stu, glad to hear you're OK!

Man, you guys do a few miles here and there. The most I have done in a weekend would be driving to and from Phoenix (about 730 miles), so I would still be behind you guys. Also, I'm not rowing a boat with more than 10 gears... it was an autostick. ;)

Speaking of cars, the new car has been in the shop since Monday no thanks to the dealer damaging the front driver's side alloy wheel while trying to perform the post-receipt detailing (got the car late at night and detailing was off already). New wheel up front and the body shop guys are removing a scratch on the deck that was there on day 1, and the scratch is what is holding things up. Hard to dry layers of paint and clear coat when it was drizzling (seriously!) a day ago. Too humid to work fast and I want it right, not right now.

In golf news, I've been getting shown up by a "snot nosed hoodlum" who works at the local PGA Superstore... dude can hit the ball for miles! He's about 20 and hits a 6 iron in the 190-200 range, and loves to show off his 290+ drives on the simulator. I remind him who is the 4.4 index and who is the 12.5, and that usually works... for a couple minutes. I would love to get him on a narrow course with rough and see how he holds up to me in the fairway and him ... somewhere else. :)

There are a lot of those "snot nosed hoodlums" around that can pound it on the range but can not transfer it to actual play--- I love taking their money!! Those type un nerve pretty easy when you make a couple of scrambling pars on them or birdie a par 5 the old fashioned way Driver 3 wood wedge and 1 putt

Health reasons????

Now that's a good one! Have to remember that one! lol.

Yes! Mental health, physical health, financial health....................Jason has a

lot of health problems so the new contract is good for his health!

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Hi all, I'm taking a few days away from the Grille, my favorite aunt was vacationing with her kids and grandchildren in the Smokey Mts, and she was on a wall taking pics, and fell off and died. They're sending her body back today, funeral Monday :(

For God's sake, this is terrible.

My condolences. My prayers for you and your family.

My sincerest condolences, SSP. :(

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Sixty,

deepest sympathies to you and your family. Absolutely terrible news.

PS - I 'liked' the post and then read the content. I've since removed the 'like' for obvious reasons.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Hi all, I'm taking a few days away from the Grille, my favorite aunt was vacationing with her kids and grandchildren in the Smokey Mts, and she was on a wall taking pics, and fell off and died. They're sending her body back today, funeral Monday :(

For God's sake, this is terrible.

My condolences. My prayers for you and your family.

I was thinking about you on September 11th BSC. How is your father doing?

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Stay safe Sixty, thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Still have you all in prayer bro. We'll see you back in here when you're ready.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Aha, Carly was the perfect one to sing "Nobody does it Better". Always liked

her voice and style and.........

It was great how she could do that song and also do "You're so Vain", lol.

Imagine if they had swapped those songs on one of the outtakes.

Carol Bayer Sager.......great songwriter. Carols write good songs. I think I

remember her and Burt Bacharach standing on the stage and receiving a

Grammy for "That's What Friends are For" and Bacharach opining that

the song brought his songwriting career back from the dead. His friend

Carol got him back in the game.

Lots of good female singers...

I always liked this song...

She smoked that song, and was some smoke job back then as were some of us lol. Great song.

Yes sir! All of us oldies in here were absolute STUDS in the 70s...we were

smokin' hot Qbro.

Now, look at us.......... and even worse.........look at Linda. OMG

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Radro! I think that's why old fogeys take their glasses off to the dance with no pants. :dntknw: :taunt:

Sidenote: when I was kid my mom bought me a shirt that read:

"I can't wait 'til tomorrow because I get better looking everyday". Y'know, mama's always right. :D

It ain't easy!

The "I can't wait" quote, I believe, was the title of Joe "Willie" Namath's autobiography. He was from a town about seven miles from me. A guy I golf with graduated from Geneva College (I also graduated from Geneva) in Beaver Falls, PA (Joe's hometown), and Joe got to know him and carry his gym bag into the field house before a basketball game. My pal was a basketball star, and whoever carried his bag got entrance into the game free.

Namath was at some sort of local function a couple months back, which my pal attended. Joe made a big fuss over his "old buddy" while speaking to the crowd.

Good ole Joe!

Phew.

Sixty, the only things we can give another man of any real value are trusted friendship and abiding love. There's no grander or more cherished thing we can offer. I'd like to think we trust each other here enough here to know selfish, snarky, snide, condescending, myopic, ugliness represent the exact opposite of why we've all found each other and what we've all come to expect. Those other behaviors are the only things we could ever get snagged on - so we just won't let that happen.

In that very spirit - all of our innermost and soulful care and concern go to you and your family. You have that one thing we can give - friendship. Please know we feel this so deeply. Your seat at this table is always yours. We are with you until you return to it. .

Thoughts and prayers to you, my friend.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Hey Pal! Another man who's seat has been kept warm. Hope you're feeling fat and sassy!

This looks like a friendly place.

All the right ingredients for a 'Grille'.

Regards, from a place of soon to be coming wind, rain and the occasional snowdrift.

Jump in here Sir! A gang of youngsters, not so young, good golfers, not so good, all walks of life from many parts of the world. No one including yourself is excluded. We jabber about all things in good spirit and keep it as fun and easy going as we know how to. Glad to have you along.

Regards, from a place of soon to be coming wind, rain and the occasional snowdrift.

You have found the biggest secret on GWX, don't forget your membership to the OGA, as a remote member I find consolation that there are actual real people playing golf. Welcome to the Grille, food is good, wine is cool, company is fantastic.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Golf took a back seat this week, my better half had the third instalment of her polyp removal. This time it was major and she reacted very badly to it. Have been the nurse, cook and head bottle washer. All getting better now so hopefully Friday will see another pathetic attempt to play golf :)

Let's all hope the trauma Sixty is feeling at present settles quickly for him, nothing worse than losing a loved one under such tragic circumstances.

All have a safe weekend, enjoy your golf.

Stu, check those bloody tyres one more time before starting out.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Hey Pal! Another man who's seat has been kept warm. Hope you're feeling fat and sassy!

Jump in here Sir! A gang of youngsters, not so young, good golfers, not so good, all walks of life from many parts of the world. No one including yourself is excluded. We jabber about all things in good spirit and keep it as fun and easy going as we know how to. Glad to have you along.

my big day is wednesday.....i will be cleared to do slow swings........my weight is back up to 165.....was down from 180 to 140....hell of a way to go on a diet....

im feeling good.....working hard on getting legs back...starting on upper body next week.....went from a snug 36 to a loose 32..... glad to see all of you guys are still here.....

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

BILL!!!!!!

So glad to see you chime in.

Also, welcome to the Grille Sir Hitalot. We welcome the Brits as well.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

OH CRAP !! ---- My condolences to you and your family

Golf took a back seat this week, my better half had the third instalment of her polyp removal. This time it was major and she reacted very badly to it. Have been the nurse, cook and head bottle washer. All getting better now so hopefully Friday will see another pathetic attempt to play golf :)

Let's all hope the trauma Sixty is feeling at present settles quickly for him, nothing worse than losing a loved one under such tragic circumstances.

All have a safe weekend, enjoy your golf.

Stu, check those bloody tyres one more time before starting out.

OH trust me I was always pretty anal about tires to begin with and I have gotten worse since the other day. I also heard some 'truck driver stories" about Bridgestone heavy truck tires having soft sidewalls. I am doing an investigation on my own. I actually put up a $50 reward if any one finds that casing and brings it to me. I did it on my own and our other driver told the boss today "Stuey has flipped out he has posted some notices at the shredder offering a reward for that damn tire" The boss told me if someone found it he would pay the $50 himself.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)