Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Well, Cobi and I repainted the pool decking awhile back............and just finished up a refinish of the wood decking and the shed. We should

be good for 4-6 years before we have to repaint anything again.

Life is good here. The Alabama stay at home order; such that it is, has had no effect on us. I've been to Montgomery in one direction and

Auburn in the other direction to shop at Home Depot, Lowes and other stores we don't have in our small town. I've played golf also.

The stay at home order is more of a suggestion it seems as no one around here is really enforcing it; which is good as it probably isn't

really necessary anyway. The order expires April 30th and I haven't heard yet whether our governor will extend it. The states surrounding

us are starting to open back up this week.

People have a built in need to survive and I see people when I'm out and about taking social distancing seriously and many are wearing

masks and using the hand sanitizer the stores are providing on entry and exit. Home Depot and Lowes have employees outside watching

people as they come in and leave their stores and have set up rope lines to guide people.

Businesses and people are smarter than some want to give them credit for. I think for many months after everything is opened back up,

people and businesses are still going to be cautious and continue with the self protection habits they have by now gotten used to.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Is it fair? All those jobs you have managed to dodge for ages, suddenly there is no excuse thanks to your government, and Cobi is obviously going to take advantage of the situation, wield the big stick and bring you to heel. Bet you are hanging out for normality.

If all the conspiracy theories are correct, Cobi has good connections and arranged all this to make you complete all the stuff she has been hinting at for ever. Get used to it, it has happened once and so it can happen again.

???

• Like 1

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Yep I have never been a range rat so to speak. The only times you see me on the range is if I am dialing in my latest experimental build or staying loose. The last part has sorta been eliminated lately. A friend of mine had me clean out his garage and I ended up with a Skilz gold trainer ( like a orange whip) and another trainer. I use both quite a bit. As far as hitting balls even though as a member I get free range balls I have a tendency to grab my little bag of 8 clubs and play a few holes walking. Yep I have a real car with a real Jimmy Hoffa sized trunk so I can carry my front line set and my minimalist set at the same time. I already have my "Stu rounds" figured out. Play 10 , 11 . cut down the road and play 18. Or I can play 10 , 11, 12 get at the crossroads play 8 and 9 in. Either way it does my body and game more good doing just that than hitting 100 balls or more. Even the couple of days I drive a truck I carry the Skilz thing and swing it while waiting to unload. I know one thing since I do my ritual I have gotten real loose and have absolutely no back pain. Have also lost 10 lbs without altering my diet any. When I work it is one trip up and back usually 6 hrs total. Since they cut hours and I retired anyhow I do not fuel my truck or put it under the crane to reload. Like they say in NASCAR a ride and park deal. Better than a Union job. Usually done by noon. I carry golf clothes in the car and will stop by and walk 3 or 5 holes. Walked 5 holes in the drizzling rain Thursday. But I ain't gonna lie either I have my yard work too but the difference is I feel like doing it now

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

To answer a question Tol posted a while back. I have not been on here much because of my pre described activity. I also joined The Persimmon Golf Society on face book and have like minded individuals in the collectible old club world. Had to join FB to get on so I did. Cheese whiz I did not know I knew so many people. Five preachers including mine on there. I did the friends request when GOOD folks I know asked. But like on here I stay away from all the mainstream political issues and for that matter religious issues. My wife had warned me beforehand about FB and several years ago cancelled her account because of all the garbage.

Yes same here DW cancelled her FB account as she was having really creepy messages from someone who said they went to school with her. As that would have been 60 years ago and she has changed her name several times since them it was not very likely he knew her.

Good to hear you are getting in to the golf, must be satisfying being able to stand there swinging a club and watching the truck being fueled and loaded, used to have a neighbour who was a truck driver and he said the loading and unloading was the worst part of the job.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I had heard that TGC, on what would have been Masters Sunday this year, rebroadcasted last year's final round.....but I missed it. I was on

youtube earlier today looking at golf swings and that round just popped up; on my computer...................so I switched it over to the big

screen TV and am watching it now.

SLED Gemini

I am totally stuck in neutral. Haven't done much at all lately inside of house. Except ordering stuff and boxes are stacked up all over the place. Definitely practicing the stay in thing and only go outside for trash and mail which I do on the same day once a week. Pretty much everyone else around here doing the same thing. Vehicle is in garage and staying there. Days are mostly computer stuff and nights are Vodka, movies and or video games. Trying to get my butt into the garage to finish up some stuff but like I said seriously in neutral.

• Like 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

I really feel bad for those of you who are stuck indoors for the most part. Cabin fever to the max.

SLED Gemini

Old men don't wear Speedos.................actually, I never wore one when I was young either.....but I did see the pic of you

wearing yours on the golf course..............you had quite the gallery...................must have been the junky bag look..........

SLED Gemini

We are going out once a month to the pharmacy, apart from that , art, gardening, eating, all pursuits I enjoy, particularly the eating which is now causing a slight bulge to appear. We like doing jobs around the house and am waiting to build the door for the newly renovated small lounge, our local hardware store is advertising delivery of anything you need to do those jobs but when you look at the website it is only available in store, which for us is not on. The new furniture we ordered way back was supposed to be delivered last week is still 8 weeks away, when we paid the deposit we were told it was on the ship on it’s way to Australia so we are certain there were several untruths being told. Going to follow up today and make a fuss. The other problem now is we cannot really cancel the order because all the other furniture outlets have the same delivery problems. We shall see.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

We beat the cats, they have worked out how to open our bedroom door by jumping up and hanging onto the handle, so, we put the Inside handle outside and the outside handle inside. Now you have to open the door by raising the handle instead of pushing it down. not worked that one out as yet, only time will tell. ?

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Animals are a lot smarter than some give them credit for. There are many amazing videos online if one is inclined to watch them. The problem

is there are so many it would take years to watch them all, lol.............we just watched some this morning.

SLED Gemini

Over the years, i have kept all of the old Golf balls i have found,and use them for water balls or practice around the yard.

Now, with things being what they are, I just hit them into the woods...once a week i will take a walk around the property( 51/2 acres) and will pick up the ones I had hit in there. I know I'm not finding all of them,but I do get most. Gives me the hitting practice and then the exercise of the walk and the enjoyment of being in the woods. A total win/win for me ! Our State is supposed to start opening up the 1st. We'll see what it looks like. From the rare trips i have taken into town, the locals population under 50 are using/wearing no protection at all.

The senior citizens are taking it seriously and wearing masks, and some even with gloves. Our county has been lucky with not a lot of cases.

• Like 1

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I will say this,

I believe that through all of this pain and misery for so many, there is a deep moment of reflection for all of us about how wonderful and meaningful the simplest things are.

A meal with friends and family, for example. Just the act of people coming over, pulling up in the driveway, hugging hello, crowding together on the sofa to look at photos together.

I hope that as we move past this, I for one, never forget how the most beautiful things are seemingly the simplest things. And to savor and not take them for granted.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more BSC.

SLED Gemini

That’s how we see it many of the younger set do not think it will affect them but those of us with more experience know there is never a guarantee. Our state seems to have it under control as during the past week we have only had around 10 extra positives with none on three of those days. our premier has taken extreme measures for a short time and it seems to be working, still plenty flouting the laws and receiving a $1,300 fine. Out tomorrow to the pharmacy, we could do it over the phone and gave it delivered but we have to give banking details to someone we do not know, not as if we don’t trust them but once it’s out there you can quickly lose control.

Two years ago we had several debits from our account, someone in the UK had our details and was spending up big but in small amounts to avoid the bank getting interested, we had all the money returned and the person selling lost it all.

We had been to a shop last year and my son had a call from the bank whilst we were still in the car asking if he had just spent money in the shop we had recently left, as we had they said they would stop the charge to his account at a hotel in America and cancel his card immediately. our bank fortunately is really on the ball with spam and false charges to your account.

Quiet day today pottering around the house, unseasonal rain has stopped my outside work, we are just into our dry season, starting to get cold, will be lighting the fire next week after the first of may.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I guess my little thing can be sniveling compared to those with families etc. My wife and I do not have any kids or grand kids. We do not really socialize with many folks a far as going out to eat etc. The main thing for me is I miss my church activities. I had just started going to the Men's breakfast on Tuesday mornings since I retired and loved it. And of course my duties on Sunday and the interaction with folks at church. Even work has changed some not because of the virus per say but mostly because I am semi retired. I am no longer in the center of things ( frankly I like it). They know if I am there because my car will be there and the truck I am assigned now is gone. I do an up and back park and turn in my paperwork and am gone. I do not even fuel the truck anymore or position it under the crane for loading. Note here for Rad I still do a through PTI but no one is there when I do it. I have 2 new nicknames "Ghost Driver" and the " drive and park guy" . But I love it all stress is off of me.

I guess the thing I miss most and like I say it is sniveling compared to what many are going through now--- I miss my mornings sitting on the patio with my cigar and cup of coffee watching the sun come up over the green on #9 and the tee on #10. I am allowed since I am a member to get a cart and i drive out by #18 and the range and sit but it is not the same. If I ever get pic capable again I will snap a photo and you will see.

But it could be worse we are allowed to play golf and I enjoy that whether I play my vintage or play in little games with some of the folks. I carry both sets in the car now. I am planning to play vintage today but you never know what will get "stirred up" or who with my crowd will show up. If so i will go back to the car and get the "business set " in the Burton bag and go at it. I can play in the Men's group but like most old farts they bicker too much. played a couple of times. Shot 74 one day from the senior tees with the business set and they were howling. Played from the same tees with persimmon and shot 79 the next day and they were howling. Then one found out I was an ex Pro and the howling increased. True I never got Am status back and it makes no difference that I have not played comp in 10 years now. i do not care I play with my little group of 6 or 8 players ( none of them play league either for the same reasons basically) or play and on course practice by myself.

OOPS--- Just got a phone call while typing this--- WE HAVE A GAME!!!!!------ One of my buds and I ( he is 74 years old) and I are going to play 2 guys he and I are going to play 2 guys they hitting from the mid tees and me playing persimmon and my partner playing from the super senior tees. $5 Nassau!!!---- Those guys think they have me handicapped well on of them told him he better not see those VIP blades in my bag. That is ok because the FCs or the 57 Diamondbacks and even the Muirfields are all set the same for me. Besides from the green tees I can hit a stinger 1 or 2 iron and be right there with them. Of course I will stir the pot some I will play those 2 guys individually on a separate $2 Nassau. Got an 8:30 tee time going off the back since the Old Farts group uggh Men's Member Group will be off the front. Gotta run more than likely play the FCs since I have been playing them anyhow

• Like 1

Surprise parade for DW down our street yesterday for her retirement. Loud, all honking, probably 25 cars, boss, some staff, fellow teachers and some parents... it was quite a scene. Masked ladies occasionally got out to drop off gifts. It was very sweet and touching. I think she was overwhelmed with it all and of course it was a very happy event.

OGRP3JKEYV93.jpg

• Like 3

That is wonderful Sixty! Retirement just got 1000% better.

SLED Gemini

Was looking at the PGA Tour's new schedule https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/schedule.html. Starting back up June 11.

Us Open and the Masters played in the wrap around season....................Masters this November!

EDIT: Oops this is 2 week old news, lol. Obvious I have been unplugged...........................

SLED Gemini

Very special place the Grille, only waiting now for some of the other members to re appear, family issues, not liking the software etc, it will all pass soon then we can once again be one big happy family.?????

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)