For those that have applied the GG pivot

Kuuuch

Unfortunately, Adam Scott missed a 2' on 10 to miss the cut by one.

Maybe some promising full-swing results today after working with GG:

• +0.719 Strokes Gained Off the Tee (+0.492 in 2017)
  • +1.893 Strokes Gained Approach (+0.453 in 2017)

Unfortunately, he was awful Strokes Gained Around the Green (-2.461) and negative Strokes Gained Putting.

Premature! Cut line moved back, Adam Scott and Padraig Harrington will play the weekend.

Was watching some of Adam today, swing has gone back to his normal and not trying to just pivot

Unfortunately, he was awful Strokes Gained Around the Green (-2.461) and negative Strokes Gained Putting.

Premature! Cut line moved back, Adam Scott and Padraig Harrington will play the weekend.

Was watching some of Adam today, swing has gone back to his normal and not trying to just pivot

Cool, so he moved on.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Cool, so he moved on.

Possibly, personally I thought it was terrible idea for him to try adopting the gankas pivot. He needs putting short game help

There is a new membership site coming up in the next few months so I wouldn’t even bother with the current membership site. The content on there is pretty solid, but if I were you I’d hold off. GG himself has made it public he’s not associated with that site and does not trust the guy running it.

Fish (the guy running the membership site and Facebook) has started ripping gg’s Instagram vids and posting them to the Ggswingtips twitter page. It starting to turn into a messy situation, and personally I have my popcorn ready...because I’m that guy.

As far as gg’s swing method itself, I agree with the posts above, just like any swing it requires maintenance. I’ve been working strictly on gg’s method for a little over a year and I’ve had some great days on the course and not do great days, but isn’t that golf? I have recently though began to start hitting my irons the straightest ever and with a penetrating ball flight. I think one of the most overlooked aspects of gg’s method is how straight you can hit shots with it.

Tips I can give to anyone new to gg’s method:

-loose grip pressure, let your arms feel weightless

-you’ll have to feel as if the pivot is real slow. If you try to speed it up you’ll get shanks, open face, etc

-his exaggeration he tells his player about feeling like the back shoulder and hip getting to the ball before the club head is key

-I also found a stronger grip worked really well for me with this method

There is a new membership site coming up in the next few months so I wouldn’t even bother with the current membership site. The content on there is pretty solid, but if I were you I’d hold off. GG himself has made it public he’s not associated with that site and does not trust the guy running it.

Fish (the guy running the membership site and Facebook) has started ripping gg’s Instagram vids and posting them to the Ggswingtips twitter page. It starting to turn into a messy situation, and personally I have my popcorn ready...because I’m that guy.

As far as gg’s swing method itself, I agree with the posts above, just like any swing it requires maintenance. I’ve been working strictly on gg’s method for a little over a year and I’ve had some great days on the course and not do great days, but isn’t that golf? I have recently though began to start hitting my irons the straightest ever and with a penetrating ball flight. I think one of the most overlooked aspects of gg’s method is how straight you can hit shots with it.

Tips I can give to anyone new to gg’s method:

-loose grip pressure, let your arms feel weightless

-you’ll have to feel as if the pivot is real slow. If you try to speed it up you’ll get shanks, open face, etc

-his exaggeration he tells his player about feeling like the back shoulder and hip getting to the ball before the club head is key

-I also found a stronger grip worked really well for me with this method

Just wanted to give props on those tips you posted. I’m starting to traing with the GG method here in vegas, and its a work in progress, but i tried those tips and had a great ball striking, round. The next round was not as good because I was having trouble slowing down my piviot with my longer clubs. But all signs are encouraging. Thanks again.

Has this been brought up anywhere here yet? Seems about as conflicting as possible. Can you imagine being a 20 cap trying to learn, work with GG then see this video? People will always suck at golf because the term "golf instruction" now has to be defined as "learning a complex motor skill by using as much conflicting information as possible"

Has this been brought up anywhere here yet? Seems about as conflicting as possible. Can you imagine being a 20 cap trying to learn, work with GG then see this video? People will always suck at golf because the term "golf instruction" now has to be defined as "learning a complex motor skill by using as much conflicting information as possible"

Good video, honestly you just have to use a bit of common sense and experimentation. I never got into the gg knees external move because I didn’t see the best players doing that and that video kinda confirms it. I only saw Snead doing it some but never thought he was doing it gg’s way. Saying that I did a learn a few things from GG

Do you guys feel like the gg swing is high maintenance? It seems like his students are always working on the pivot and perhaps you have to in order to swing this way. I was a member for about 10 months. My ballstriking was better than ever and then all of a sudden I just lost it. It's been about four weeks now and swinging a golf club feel so foreign and uncomfortable. Even my grip feels terrible. At the moment I'm taking a break from playing and just hitting freezers with my gap wedge. I'm finally finding the center of the face again. I suspect I had started pulling on the handle from the top. I guess hitting freezers to prevent the handle pull is something that students will have to constantly monitor during the span of their golfing lives. Thoughts?

What are freezers?

Ping G400 Max 9.5
Ping G25 4 wood
Ping G400 22 degree
Ping G25 5-UW
Ping Glide ES 54, 56

Ping Sigma G Tyne

Do you guys feel like the gg swing is high maintenance? It seems like his students are always working on the pivot and perhaps you have to in order to swing this way. I was a member for about 10 months. My ballstriking was better than ever and then all of a sudden I just lost it. It's been about four weeks now and swinging a golf club feel so foreign and uncomfortable. Even my grip feels terrible. At the moment I'm taking a break from playing and just hitting freezers with my gap wedge. I'm finally finding the center of the face again. I suspect I had started pulling on the handle from the top. I guess hitting freezers to prevent the handle pull is something that students will have to constantly monitor during the span of their golfing lives. Thoughts?

What are freezers?

It's when you take the club to the top, hold the position, then have your girlfriend or wife Snapchat you while you're frozen.

[media=]

[/media]

You're assuming that the AMG guys swing is the only swing that works. If you look on the tour there are many swings out there. If the 20 HC guys is learning Gankas, he should just stick with Gankas.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

I know a number of GG's players do the legwork but would we say it is essential? Kang doesn't look like he does what GG says about "double external" Gucci legs. Hard to judge without knowing what GG is telling him or knowing what physical limitations Kang might have but he definitely isn't the poster boy for GG leg work.

[media=]

[/media]

You're assuming that the AMG guys swing is the only swing that works. If you look on the tour there are many swings out there. If the 20 HC guys is learning Gankas, he should just stick with Gankas.

Who says the AMG guys have "a swing"? That video is just answering a question with data from their database of tour players.

I know a number of GG's players do the legwork but would we say it is essential? Kang doesn't look like he does what GG says about "double external" Gucci legs. Hard to judge without knowing what GG is telling him or knowing what physical limitations Kang might have but he definitely isn't the poster boy for GG leg work.

GG teaches the right leg going into flexion and the left leg separating from the right. The double external is a feel he uses for the guys that fire their right knee too early.

GG teaches the right leg going into flexion and the left leg separating from the right. The double external is a feel he uses for the guys that fire their right knee too early.

Yes. And John Daly is a great example of using the Sam Snead squat:

What I've been working on and having really good success is in the backswing I get the right leg/knee/hip into internal rotation and really concentrate and sustaining the internal rotation for as long as I can in the downswing while I rotate my left knee/hip/leg as well as my chest. If I do that, I will eventually get the right leg/knee/hip to externally rotate.

Prior to that, I found myself going into ER too quickly in the downswing. That would actually cause the right knee to 'kick in' too early and it would tilt the pelvis incorrectly. So in that sense, the AMG guys make a great point. If you're trying to externally rotate too early (I wasn't trying to, it's just something I did by accident) it can actually cause you to internally rotate too quickly. Let your left leg/hip/knee move your right leg/hip/knee into place

RH

Yes. And John Daly is a great example of using the Sam Snead squat:

What I've been working on and having really good success is in the backswing I get the right leg/knee/hip into internal rotation and really concentrate and sustaining the internal rotation for as long as I can in the downswing while I rotate my left knee/hip/leg as well as my chest. If I do that, I will eventually get the right leg/knee/hip to externally rotate.

Prior to that, I found myself going into ER too quickly in the downswing. That would actually cause the right knee to 'kick in' too early and it would tilt the pelvis incorrectly. So in that sense, the AMG guys make a great point. If you're trying to externally rotate too early (I wasn't trying to, it's just something I did by accident) it can actually cause you to internally rotate too quickly. Let your left leg/hip/knee move your right leg/hip/knee into place

RH

A way I've been approaching it is whatever degrees my left knee gets to in my backswing say 50 degrees on full swing. I try to match that bend with the right knee on the downswing. And they hopfully both meet at around 40 at last parallel.

is that internal too soon? Within the last year for kang. Like I said. I do t know what they are working on and don't know kang's history or physical stuff. Just doesn't look like what he shows. With that said, his balk striking stats this year haven't been great so maybe he isn't listening. Hard to say and hard to judge without being in the inside

Put me in the camp of confused over even attempting to go "dual" external hips in the transition - exactly how would one rotate if they could actually get into dual external?

Seems like this move locks up the hips. And that it would impede pressure transfer to the lead side. As an intent to stop the right hip/leg firing out to soon, certainly but in reality?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Put me in the camp of confused over even attempting to go "dual" external hips in the transition - exactly how would one rotate if they could actually get into dual external?

Seems like this move locks up the hips. And that it would impede pressure transfer to the lead side. As an intent to stop the right hip/leg firing out to soon, certainly but in reality?

Grip your right foot into the ground in clockwise rotation. The GRF will rotate the pelvis in a counterclockwise direction.

Here's a video of Johnny Ruiz. He's working specifically on the right leg not going internal too soon. The exagerrated move before the swing has him externally rotating the leg, but in reality the right knee is going more into flexion and not kicking inward. There's another video where GG talks about how the right leg should move (it may be on his old Web site) and he states he doesn't want the knee to kick in and wants it to flex.

RH

RH

Grip your right foot into the ground in clockwise rotation. The GRF will rotate the pelvis in a counterclockwise direction.

Here's a video of Johnny Ruiz. He's working specifically on the right leg not going internal too soon. The exagerrated move before the swing has him externally rotating the leg, but in reality the right knee is going more into flexion and not kicking inward. There's another video where GG talks about how the right leg should move (it may be on his old Web site) and he states he doesn't want the knee to kick in and wants it to flex.

RH

RH

You're saying he goes into dual ext rotation in transition?

That's my question who really does that? I already understood (as a drill/intent as I said in my post) what you wrote but not as putting both hips ext in transition

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Put me in the camp of confused over even attempting to go "dual" external hips in the transition - exactly how would one rotate if they could actually get into dual external? Seems like this move locks up the hips. And that it would impede pressure transfer to the lead side. As an intent to stop the right hip/leg firing out to soon, certainly but in reality?
Grip your right foot into the ground in clockwise rotation. The GRF will rotate the pelvis in a counterclockwise direction. Here's a video of Johnny Ruiz. He's working specifically on the right leg not going internal too soon. The exagerrated move before the swing has him externally rotating the leg, but in reality the right knee is going more into flexion and not kicking inward. There's another video where GG talks about how the right leg should move (it may be on his old Web site) and he states he doesn't want the knee to kick in and wants it to flex.
RH RH
You're saying he goes into dual ext rotation in transition? That's my question who really does that? I already understood (as a drill/intent as I said in my post) what you wrote but not as putting both hips ext in transition

As you start forward the right leg holds as the pelvis moves away from it. As that is happening, the left leg is also moving away from the pelvis. No problem.

WRX Status: FORUM ELDER (certification confirmed)

RH

RH

That's my question who really does that? I already understood (as a drill/intent as I said in my post) what you wrote but not as putting both hips ext in transition

Technically it is almost impossible to actually internally rotate the right hip in transition. The pelvis moves faster than the femur in just about every 3D I have ever seen. The "internal" look is just that, a look. The hip joint is not actually internally rotating.

RH

RH

Technically it is almost impossible to actually internally rotate the right hip in transition. The pelvis moves faster than the femur in just about every 3D I have ever seen. The "internal" look is just that, a look. The hip joint is not actually internally rotating.

And from a discussion on Tyler's site, the lead leg, or left, is in internal and never goes external - he said in transition and actually in the entire downswing (with the exception of Sadlowski who briefly gets external late in his release but not during transition) - he sited over 100 3D. So I thought that this was also just a look - that the lead leg goes into external rotation - when it is actually abduction being viewed as ext. rotation. So have you seen anyone who if even briefly attains dual ext. rotation - during transition or at any point in the downswing?

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

RH

RH

And from a discussion on Tyler's site, the lead leg, or left, is in internal and never goes external - he said in transition and actually in the entire downswing (with the exception of Sadlowski who briefly gets external late in his release but not during transition) - he sited over 100 3D. So I thought that this was also just a look - that the lead leg goes into external rotation - when it is actually abduction being viewed as ext. rotation. So have you seen anyone who if even briefly attains dual ext. rotation - during transition or at any point in the downswing?

I can't personally say I have ever seen it and I no longer have access to that database to go look. Tyler would be probably best person in the world to ask on this and I would defer to his opinion on the topic. Can't imagine the left joint is actually externally rotating in the downswing but could be wrong.