For those that have applied the GG pivot

Kuuuch

Really like this feel/thought of getting the right shoulder to the ball before the club, doing the drill that she does from first parallel it really gets the chest and shoulders open.

http://www.instagram.../p/BIWdmkfh1g-/

One more right shoulder first.

https://www.instagra...m/p/_VOdImCtx3/

I am a new student to GG way here. Keep reading post about all kinds of GG stuffs and I have to admit that this's mine blowing. Still a lot to test and learn.

Now come to my curiosity. For above hitting with right shoulder, thank you for the posters, I just observed, by during this, both didn't do the squat, did they? The lower part just turn with the right knee point toward target, right from downswing?

In fact, during my trying to incorporate the squat, I myself feel it's hard for me from p6 with squat to hit the ball with pivot and right shoulder hitting the ball first. It likes once I squat then I don't have power to go further so I throw my arm to the ball. But if I just turn my lower part to target, then I can do hitting ball with right shoulder as in vid.

Something is not right indeed... :-(

I've never liked how much everyone emphasizes the squat. A squatting action happens pretty naturally if the following conditions are met: you extend the in the backswing and you don't pull on the club from the top. Your body has to react by either squatting to get to the ball or getting the right shoulder out (a bit of both) hopefully with right lateral bend.

Mavrik 10.5 Project X Riptide 6.5 Small Batch

Sim 17 Ventus Red 7X

Sim Hybrid 21 Ventus Blue 9X

3-5 P770  KBS C-taper 120

6-PW Blueprint KBS C-taper 125 ssx1

52,56,60 MG3 TW DG S400

GCQuad/SwingCatalyst/FLIR Blackfly/Fiberbuilt/Carl's Place DIY

Noren is an exception, i don't know the exact specifics but the drill and way he swings stems from a hand/wrist injury he had, the drill and swing now keep his wrist in a condition for longer that he can release it without hurting.

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious how many of the monthly guys are still members and how y'all are progressing. I think I've been a member for six months or so now but I'm probably going to terminate my membership any day now. There is a lot of content on the site but I feel like the most important or core concepts can be found in the youtube or ig videos. I've had some really good days on the course playing some of my best rounds ever but every now and then I'll lose my swing and have to scramble to find it. I'm partial to Dana and Kelvin so I've also read a lot of their stuff and tried to apply what I believe works best for my swing. Has anyone tried either of their pay sites????

I follow his Instagram and YouTube and I feel most everything is on there. You can pay if you want more personal access. Everything he says works and makes sense and you can see that he has success with all age ranges as there are older golfers and kids who hit the ball very well.

His simple drills and explanations have helped my own game and the game of those I coach.

Very happy for his boy Johnny Ruiz. Kid has talent and i have no doubt the pga tour is in his future within the next 2-3 years.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Can someone explain to me how this motion doesn't lead to the club getting stuck behind you. I've watched the videos, and it would seem that if you're leaving your arms in place and just turning your left knee, which turns your torso, the arms will shallow but also get behind your torso. In all that videos he says that the turn pulls the arms done, but I notice that he's also very subtly pulling the arms down to ensure they stay in line with his risk and don't end up behind him. Can someone help me wrap my head around this discrepancy?

I am not a face-to-face GG student, but I am a believer in just about everything he says. One thing to note, however, is that you have to take what he (and many other instructors here on this forum) says literally with respect to the "match ups." I will add, based upon personal experience, that I believe for any more or less "automated" swing, where the club shallows by itself, etc., the hands have to be high at the top of the backswing to allow more time for gravity to do its thing on the downswing, and it is imperative that the wrists be beyond soft. I think oily wrists that act as near perfect hinges are probably good for everyone, but I don't want to discount the fact that some people can and do play really well muscling the club.

Back to the match ups, GG has some (a lot) students who get the shaft vertical on the backswing, even across the line, and they don't get stuck. You will notice that he encourages 100% of his student population to have a "huge shoulder turn" and the hands as high as they can get them at the top of the backswing. If you try all of that, with as little tension as you can in your arms, wrists and left shoulder, leaving the arms "up there" at the top of the backswing and just turning in transition, you may find that things work out very well all by themselves. However, if for example, you have a shorter backswing with hands at or below shoulder plane level at the top, and you have a firm grip on the handle, you will miss the ball by a few feet if you simply turn on the downswing as prescribed by GG because the shaft will come over the top. Speaking of making a huge shoulder turn and getting the shaft more vertical at the top of the backswing, it really helps allow the wrists to remain more tension-free because the club will feel pretty light. If you uncoil from there and allow your torso to pull the arms, the hands will move towards the target line and the shaft has got to shallow and it will start falling downward behind you. If your arms are still relaxed at that point, they will also be dropping because of their own weight and because the club is dropping. If you can groove those feels, while continuing to turn without stalling, you will probably experience a new way of striking the ball. The more you leave your arms alone and allow your arms and wrists to be limp, the more you will have to turn your hips and body for the club to strike the ball, and the more delofted the club will be at impact. If you commit to trying those new concepts, I'm fairly certain your body will start making the necessary adjustments for you to strike the ball by finding a good hand path, shoulder plane, etc. At some point I read an old post by Monte where he said something along the lines of "You have to rely on your subconscious to square the clubface at impact." I believe he was right on the money, a lot of things will just happen if we give ourselves a chance for our brains to figure out how to so something.

Thank you for this post. This is one of the best in this entire thread. It's hard to trust at first but once you really start striking it it almost feels effortless (to me at least) and with more pure, longer shots.

If you came from the opposite end of the spectrum like I did by muscling, flipping, arm driven swing, it takes some time to trust.

Matthew Wolff in the USGA Junior Am Final.

giphy.gif

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Matthew Wolff in the USGA Junior Am Final.

giphy.gif

love how quirky his swing is

Wolff is a great player

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

Anybody in here pre-order his swing aid?

Well I did & a few months ago got an email from Coastal Wholesalers saying slight delay (weeks/not months) to make the aid out of more durable material. Then about 6wks later I reached out to them and was told it would ship in approx 3 weeks. That was over 2 months ago and they haven't responded to any emails since then. I emailed GG and tried hitting him up on Twitter but haven't gotten any response.

Just wondering if anyone that pre-ordered may have more info :dntknw:

*edit: GG finally got back to me, sounds like the manufacturing company was a nightmare to work with and didn't keep any promises of getting thing made. Said frustrated and embarrassed and will be refunding everyone's money.

Unfortunate as I only bought his to support what he does as I've gotten so much from his vids. Looks like I'll just go with one of the others out there.

Anybody in here pre-order his swing aid?

Well I did & a few months ago got an email from Coastal Wholesalers saying slight delay (weeks/not months) to make the aid out of more durable material. Then about 6wks later I reached out to them and was told it would ship in approx 3 weeks. That was over 2 months ago and they haven't responded to any emails since then. I emailed GG and tried hitting him up on Twitter but haven't gotten any response.

Just wondering if anyone that pre-ordered may have more info :dntknw:

I am in the exact same boat, same answers you got and now radio silence. Was hoping to use it this season. Honeslty, should have just bought the tom watson aid, exactly the same thing but its actually out.

I may have put Johnny Ruiz on one of my fanduel teams :)

Hope he can compete at the PGA tourney this week!

I've put £5 e/w on him

What do those aids do?

As advertised:

- Reinforces proper swing mechanics by promoting the correct wrist hinge

- Designed to train correct hinge found in on-plane swings for optimal ball striking

- Fully adjustable for all club face preferences

- Designed for full swings or chips for all purpose utility

- Designed to train lead wrist flexion in downswing to promote optimal impact

If you google search "gg swing tips swing aid" you can find some videos showing it used

Made it through all 60 pages over the last few days. Tons of info in here, love it. Working majorly on the squat, right shoulder to ball before club head/no throws and getting everything open. I used to be very square at impact with very extended arms, no power and inconsistent contact. Been working a lot just this week, major thing I noticed was how wide open my clubface would get on my takeaway, no wonder my misses were generally push/slice. Filming to work on the squat and no throws led me to that, so i've been working a lot on takeaway. I feel like things are coming along and when I get in a groove with everything I'm really smashing the ball and dead straight, even some draws in there. I haven't subscribed to his site yet, just because theres just a few things i'm trying to incorporate, but over the winter in IL i'll probably give it a go and put a lot more into it. Hope it's still working well for everyone else too, and thanks for all the info you guys have shared here!

I am sure many of you will remember The Move from Sevam1. When working on the "keeping the right leg external" I suddenly had to think about his "move" where he "screwed" his trail leg/foot clock wise into the ground. I think that this feeling, thought might help a lot by keeping the right knee external for just that little bit longer. It does for me.

Don't watch the video because the cameraman will drive you nuts. :)

Made it through all 60 pages over the last few days. Tons of info in here, love it. Working majorly on the squat, right shoulder to ball before club head/no throws and getting everything open. I used to be very square at impact with very extended arms, no power and inconsistent contact. Been working a lot just this week, major thing I noticed was how wide open my clubface would get on my takeaway, no wonder my misses were generally push/slice. Filming to work on the squat and no throws led me to that, so i've been working a lot on takeaway. I feel like things are coming along and when I get in a groove with everything I'm really smashing the ball and dead straight, even some draws in there. I haven't subscribed to his site yet, just because theres just a few things i'm trying to incorporate, but over the winter in IL i'll probably give it a go and put a lot more into it. Hope it's still working well for everyone else too, and thanks for all the info you guys have shared here!

I'm about to undertake the 60 pages myself, but seeing that you just did it...cliff notes?

Just curious how many of the monthly guys are still members and how y'all are progressing. I think I've been a member for six months or so now but I'm probably going to terminate my membership any day now. There is a lot of content on the site but I feel like the most important or core concepts can be found in the youtube or ig videos. I've had some really good days on the course playing some of my best rounds ever but every now and then I'll lose my swing and have to scramble to find it. I'm partial to Dana and Kelvin so I've also read a lot of their stuff and tried to apply what I believe works best for my swing. Has anyone tried either of their pay sites????

I'm still a member, but seeing him in person was worth more than the site to me. I think it's simply how I learn. The benefit of the site for me is mostly around shot shaping after my in person lesson, and how I can apply some simple concepts there to how I get around the course.

We all have days that we struggle. What Monte told me once about "bringing whatever swing you have to the course and play that" has worked wonders for my game. When I can't find my draw, I play the fade. When I'm drawing it, I play a draw.

And also bringing what is working with your swing to the course. Make sure the core of your swing is working properly. For me it's focusing on extension in the backswing. If I get that right, I very rarely screw it up. I COULD be a little deeper with the arms, but I'm not there yet and I don't bring that out to the course.

From a results standpoint, I've been striking it consistently and better than past years. I'm chasing more birdies and eagles rather than relying on my short game to save pars. All good things, but I also have an appreciation now of how much focus, and how difficult it can be to score low.

Mavrik 10.5 Project X Riptide 6.5 Small Batch

Sim 17 Ventus Red 7X

Sim Hybrid 21 Ventus Blue 9X

3-5 P770  KBS C-taper 120

6-PW Blueprint KBS C-taper 125 ssx1

52,56,60 MG3 TW DG S400

GCQuad/SwingCatalyst/FLIR Blackfly/Fiberbuilt/Carl's Place DIY