For those that have applied the GG pivot

Kuuuch

Just found GG via the meandmygolf youtube post today. It seems like GG knows a crap ton about the swing, and the way his student swings reminds me very much of Jack's swing. It's interesting also how he notes he doesn't mind and in some cases might even encourage a little bit of internal

rotation at the top of the BS whereas most "perfect" swings actually are neutral to even externally rotated in the back arm at the top.

His rational makes perfect sense though (assuming you've got the right mechanics and kinetic chain going on). I just worry that if I start to adopt the pivot that my swing will get super jacked up without an instructor who also teaches it to guide me.

Doesn't Monte teach something similar? Was it he or somebody else who posted the video about Sam Snead while holding one of those big exercise balls between their legs and saying the first move from the top is a lead knee external rotate and you'd know you did it right if the ball falls out between your legs??

I'm taking Monte's clinic this summer hopefully so I may not try to fully adopt this until I can get some guidance. I'm literally on the opposite coast in the Us from GG so going to see him is out of the question.

GG and his instructors know a lot about the swing and they all are on the same page. If you go to see GG in LA, then you will get the same stuff as if you saw Jake Gilmer in Las Vegas. They are in communication all day long.

I'm on the east coast. Anybody over here teach through him? I figure best I'm going to get is a Monte summer clinic as it seems like Monte would pretty much agree with the pivot move.

I'm curious how much GG actually charges. I've heard as much as $400 an hour.

Just found GG via the meandmygolf youtube post today. It seems like GG knows a crap ton about the swing, and the way his student swings reminds me very much of Jack's swing. It's interesting also how he notes he doesn't mind and in some cases might even encourage a little bit of internal

rotation at the top of the BS whereas most "perfect" swings actually are neutral to even externally rotated in the back arm at the top.

His rational makes perfect sense though (assuming you've got the right mechanics and kinetic chain going on). I just worry that if I start to adopt the pivot that my swing will get super jacked up without an instructor who also teaches it to guide me.

Doesn't Monte teach something similar? Was it he or somebody else who posted the video about Sam Snead while holding one of those big exercise balls between their legs and saying the first move from the top is a lead knee external rotate and you'd know you did it right if the ball falls out between your legs??

I'm taking Monte's clinic this summer hopefully so I may not try to fully adopt this until I can get some guidance. I'm literally on the opposite coast in the Us from GG so going to see him is out of the question.

GG and his instructors know a lot about the swing and they all are on the same page. If you go to see GG in LA, then you will get the same stuff as if you saw Jake Gilmer in Las Vegas. They are in communication all day long.

I'm on the east coast. Anybody over here teach through him? I figure best I'm going to get is a Monte summer clinic as it seems like Monte would pretty much agree with the pivot move.

That sounds like an exaggeration. He's not a Golf Digest top instructor, he doesn't teach at a fancy club in LA, seems like he recently reached a pinnacle by being featured on the Me and My Golf youtube channel, not the Golf Channel.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

That sounds like an exaggeration. He's not a Golf Digest top instructor, he doesn't teach at a fancy club in LA, seems like he recently reached a pinnacle by being featured on the Me and My Golf youtube channel, not the Golf Channel.

I read in the video comments to one of his YT videos, that he was in the $300-$400 range...

Considering everything in LA is like 2x as much as everywhere else in the country except for maybe NYC and San Fran, that may not be insanely high priced. I already pay $100 an hour for my lessons and my guy is pretty much a "nobody" free lancer. So I imagine a guy who hangs with some PGA Pro's and is out of LA could easily snatch $300/hr for 1 on 1.

I read in the video comments to one of his YT videos, that he was in the $300-$400 range...

Considering everything in LA is like 2x as much as everywhere else in the country except for maybe NYC and San Fran, that may not be insanely high priced. I already pay $100 an hour for my lessons and my guy is pretty much a "nobody" free lancer. So I imagine a guy who hangs with some PGA Pro's and is out of LA could easily snatch $300/hr for 1 on 1.

Plus, it sounds like he's booked solid from morning til night. Like, I don't know how the guy sleeps from the accounts of all the stuff he does.

Gankas may be coming onto some people's radar just now, but long before he was featured on a YouTube channel, he had a very large Instagram following that included other influential instructors. Some the techniques he popularized (alignment stick placed across the arms at the top and dropped during the pivot) was "borrowed" by TV instructors as was some of his lingo.

He's been teaching Wayne Gretzky's son for a while and one of his juniors made it to Augusta in the Drive, Chip, and Putt competition. He also teaches Sung Kang (PGA Tour) and was instrumental in getting his student Johnny Ruiz onto the Web.com Tour from having no status just two years ago.

Gankas may be coming onto some people's radar just now, but long before he was featured on a YouTube channel, he had a very large Instagram following that included other influential instructors. Some the techniques he popularized (alignment stick placed across the arms at the top and dropped during the pivot) was "borrowed" by TV instructors as was some of his lingo.

He's been teaching Wayne Gretzky's son for a while and one of his juniors made it to Augusta in the Drive, Chip, and Putt competition. He also teaches Sung Kang (PGA Tour) and was instrumental in getting his student Johnny Ruiz onto the Web.com Tour from having no status just two years ago.

If that amounts to 300-400 an hour, I'm afraid to ask how much Drew Steckel charges

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

If that amounts to 300-400 an hour, I'm afraid to ask how much Drew Steckel charges

Steckel may be more or less. He may not even be available at all.

Whether George Gankas is "worth" $300-400 an hour is not as simple an answer as some people would like it to be.

All of these factors -- and more -- affect price:

• Supply and demand / Market dynamics
  • Geographic location
  • Perceived value

Some well known coaches seem to think he's on their level, so that's another factor.

Whether George Gankas is "worth" $300-400 an hour is not as simple an answer as some people would like it to be.

• Geographic location
  • Perceived value

Some well known coaches seem to think he's on their level, so that's another factor.

It's kinda funny, on that link, George is their "Social Media" guy. I guess he can help coaches up their social media game, which is important for marketing

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

• Geographic location
  • Perceived value

It’s really only the supply and demand factor. If he charges 400 and is booked solid, more power to him. Doesn’t matter what everyone else thinks he’s “worth”.

• 2 weeks later...

On GG's instagram yesterday he was working with Padraig Harrington, wonder if this is a 1 off or long term

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

On GG's instagram yesterday he was working with Padraig Harrington, wonder if this is a 1 off or long term

Yeah that was interesting, but Padraig is a notorious tinkerer so hard to say it'd be a long term thing.

Who knows but 183mph ball speed was impressive for an older gent!

Yeah that was really something! 129 swing speed!

• Geographic location
  • Perceived value

I have worked with Drew once, he is on the road nearly all the time though so hard to catch him.

I would love to see Padraig taking the helicopter out on the course.

Titleist TS3 w/ Even Flow White
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
M4 Tour w/ Kuro Kage TiNi
GAPR w/ KBS Tour Proto
Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
Vokey 46° 
Hi-Toe 52° & 58°
Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3

I would love to see Padraig taking the helicopter out on the course.

He took the step drill out to the course so why not!

His average SS on tour so far this season is 115mph, thats an impressive jump up to 129

Padraig as mentioned a major tinkerer. He is looking for something sustainable to keep up with the young guys.

GG philosophy works imo. My old swing coach went to the PGA Championship last year and met him, he is now an apprentice.

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

• Geographic location
  • Perceived value

I have worked with Drew once, he is on the road nearly all the time though so hard to catch him.

If you don't mind me asking what did he charge per hour?

• Geographic location
  • Perceived value

Last I heard he was 200hr, this was a few years ago but doubt it has changed. He's basically on tour year round though

• Geographic location
  • Perceived value

Last I heard he was 200hr, this was a few years ago but doubt it has changed. He's basically on tour year round though

If Steckel is 200, which sounds like a bargain, there’s no way Gankas is 300-400

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

I sent a rich friend to work with him ,he's been here many times and had dinner with Padrig the other day. john huh was there and he said Lowery just not sure if it was shane or steve. he will be so busy next yr he might not have any openings.

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

I've been following GG for a hot minute. Maybe a month or two on Youtube and the "gram". I'm infatuated with learning this swing. I've bits and pieces that I've picked up on his youtube vids but, I can't seem to glue it all together.

Do many of you have a membership to GG? Would you recommend it?

I got the membership and recommended it. Loads of information set-up like modules on different aspects of the swing. I did do the full privilege membership to be able to see all the content without having to wait two weeks.

George is working with Adam Scott today at Riv.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5