2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

For those that have applied the GG pivot

Kuuuch

With the membership is it a monthly membership in that u can cancel after 1 month? or is it a years subscription just in monthly instalments?

Would be interested in reading about his mental techniques as I know Qmany says that's helped him loads.

Whats his short game stuff like?

He doesn't have a ton of mental stuff on the site. Just 10 really short videos with a subject for each. He talks a bit about focus (internal/external) and building a proper pre-shot routine. I do think I need to adopt this.

Short game, he prefers bump and run with 6, 8, PW, SW, opting for lower loft when possible. But he shows all kinds of shots, even one similar to Monte's 'flip' to activate the bounce. I definitely learned a lot from the videos (just all the tidbits he throws in are always helpful to me). He shows some drills to work on landing spots, sort of a clock system he uses for backswing length, etc. Also several videos on putting drills, strategies, etc.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Shame there's not loads of mental info but the external/internal bit is the bit i'm really interested in and need to work on.

May well buy a months worth if its cancellable

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

With the membership is it a monthly membership in that u can cancel after 1 month? or is it a years subscription just in monthly instalments?

Would be interested in reading about his mental techniques as I know Qmany says that's helped him loads.

He doesn't have a ton of mental stuff on the site. Just 10 really short videos with a subject for each. He talks a bit about focus (internal/external) and building a proper pre-shot routine. I do think I need to adopt this.

Short game, he prefers bump and run with 6, 8, PW, SW, opting for lower loft when possible. But he shows all kinds of shots, even one similar to Monte's 'flip' to activate the bounce. I definitely learned a lot from the videos (just all the tidbits he throws in are always helpful to me). He shows some drills to work on landing spots, sort of a clock system he uses for backswing length, etc. Also several videos on putting drills, strategies, etc.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Shame there's not loads of mental info but the external/internal bit is the bit i'm really interested in and need to work on.

He's going to be adding content all the time remember, so I fully expect to see more mental stuff on there in future.

So far I'm very impressed with the content and organisation of the site. It's clear, well laid out and he covers a lot of different topics. Well worth the money IMO.

He's going to be adding content all the time remember, so I fully expect to see more mental stuff on there in future.

So far I'm very impressed with the content and organisation of the site. It's clear, well laid out and he covers a lot of different topics. Well worth the money IMO.

can anyone confirm whether it is done on a per month basis and therefore cancellable? or a years subscription paid every month?

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

can anyone confirm whether it is done on a per month basis and therefore cancellable? or a years subscription paid every month?

The new site has a monthly option or you can do the full year option and you pay the full amount at that time.

It says monthly membership on the site but if you read the fine print you are automatically debited until you cancel the membership. I'd say try it out and if you don't feel like it's worth it cancel it. I just started getting into the short game stuff. From the videos I've watched he teaches to use the loft of the club. Don't hold the angle and bow the wrists but don't consciously try to flip the wrists either.

Working on freezers with an 8 iron, I trimmed a bit in the middle so it wasn't so long. Not sure I got leg work quite right, but I do get the shaft to lay down. My swing is a combo of Monte's and Gankas swing videos.

Your trail knee goes internal super early in transition which may cause you to stall and jump. The rest looks pretty good to my very untrained eye.

Working on freezers with an 8 iron, I trimmed a bit in the middle so it wasn't so long. Not sure I got leg work quite right, but I do get the shaft to lay down. My swing is a combo of Monte's and Gankas swing videos.

Your trail knee goes internal super early in transition which may cause you to stall and jump. The rest looks pretty good to my very untrained eye.

Yeah that is my #1 problem, my right knee likes to fire at the ball. I can slow it down just a bit with freezers, but still really need it to remain flexed away from the target longer.

Here's where I'm starting at and I'll update after I have time to make some changes. I've always had the lawnmower move in my takeaway and I'm trying to keep my elbow more in front of my shirt seam. Hit balls today working on the takeaway and than played 9 today and hit the ball very well in windy conditions. Hit every fairway but missed quite a few greens which exposed my biggest weakness, chipping. I was able to hit quite a few good ones but I did flub a few which cost me some strokes. could have been a really good round and the honeymoon phase has got me pretty optimistic for now. [media=]

[/media]

What do the GGSwingers think of this ?

2hrgyg2.jpg

"The hands have barely moved" makes me think GG.

As important as the hands staying up is that the chest didn't fly open with the hips. That's the stretch GG talks about and what allows the legwork to flatten the shaft. He talks about Arnold Palmer a lot and about how none of those old school guys were consciously trying to shallow.

I've signed up for the monthly deal. I don't want all the content, and it means I can take notes on the material I want and then cancel. The short game and mental sections have been worth well more than $18 so far.

The monthly deal is sweet. So much good content on the site. Lots of different drills and like you said the short game and mental sections are alone worth it.

Anyone try the new GG swing aid ?

Did you actually read the IG post or are you just running up your post count ?

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Legwork Footwork

caught this comment on a golfwrx instruction article-----A good adage to remember about the feet is that the toes are the brakes, the middle of the foot is for balance and the heels are for speed.

http://www.golfwrx.c...the-golf-swing/

when watching GG instagrams/Youtubes/Site..............one see's his students of all levels being able to (1 of 3) pivot on heel, roll for to outside edge, but off toe, or simply torque the knee enough to make his pivot

summary---I'm trying to stay off of toes with left foot especially when making the backswing, I agree with the Wrx article, toes are for stopping movement of the human body. In basketball a person is taught to stay on the powerballs/middle

just observing

This has been a game changing thing for me. I used to think I needed my weight out over the balls/toes of my feet. And admittedly it feels more powerful to be setup that way with the driver. However it caused my rotation to stall causing nasty hooks and it was impossible to hit the ball from the inside.

Legwork Footwork

caught this comment on a golfwrx instruction article-----A good adage to remember about the feet is that the toes are the brakes, the middle of the foot is for balance and the heels are for speed.

http://www.golfwrx.c...the-golf-swing/

when watching GG instagrams/Youtubes/Site..............one see's his students of all levels being able to (1 of 3) pivot on heel, roll for to outside edge, but off toe, or simply torque the knee enough to make his pivot

summary---I'm trying to stay off of toes with left foot especially when making the backswing, I agree with the Wrx article, toes are for stopping movement of the human body. In basketball a person is taught to stay on the powerballs/middle

just observing

This has been a game changing thing for me. I used to think I needed my weight out over the balls/toes of my feet. And admittedly it feels more powerful to be setup that way with the driver. However it caused my rotation to stall causing nasty hooks and it was impossible to hit the ball from the inside.

as a somewhat collector of Sam Snead books etc......I recollect Sam saying he was always able to lift his toes inside his shoes, he said at the time it helped prevent OTT, but had to help his speed and getting the club shallow. Afterall GG loves the Snead squat and leg movement.

Avoid the mistake of starting at address with your weight in your heels and with toes up.

Here is what GG advocates:

1) Weight more over the balls of the feet at address.

2) During backswing, weight shifts more into the right heel.

3) During downswing weight shifts more into the outer three left toes and along the outside of the left foot, and then weight shifts back into the left heel to finish the swing in balance with toes slightly up.

Starting at address with weight over the heels makes it more difficult to shift weight efficiently on backswing, and makes it more likely to early extend - goat hump.

Can someone please explain this hip pivot and why it works better than a traditional hip bump or knee kick?

This thread doesn't explain much and GGs videos are long without simple instructions or feels

If you don't understand the GG pivot it is worth to invest 18 bucks and sign up for his monthly membership website. Ever better would be to take an online lesson with GG.

As far as I understand his preferred pivot motion GG wants his student in transition to go external with both knees while turning, which keeps the pressure more centered till around P6 when shaft is parallel to the ground. You need to add some right lateral bend to stay centered with upper body. Then around P6 his students push up and forward while continue turning. Very similar to Dana Dahlquist pivot.

According to GG his pivot style is not the only "one" or "correct" way, but he thinks it is longer, straighter and more consistent then the old way of pushing pressure early in downswing left with more side tilt away from the target. Dana says also that the old push early left style results often in more flip at impact. As soon as the right knee kicks in direction of the target your hips tilt away from target which tilts the upper body away from target which results in stall or flip or both. It all depends on the individual and nothing is general like so.

Watch the difference here:

hxnmcuhs.jpg

I'm going through this thread now and have watched GG videos on you tube and Instagram. I see posts and videos about the arms being passive in the swing. For me when I don't consciously move my arms they will just stay at the top and I'll pass by the ball with my arms still up in the air. Hence why I'm a puller, causing me to hit across the ball with an open face. This leads to huge slice (left handed golfer). Can anyone explain passive to me? Not the exact definition, but in terms of the golf swing. If I let the club "fall" I feel like there is no way the club will hit the ball. How would you speed up the club if your arms are just falling? I'm a lost golfer who desperately needs help lol

practiced a lot the gg pivot and it works really good. my contact ist so much better, no more flipping, spinloft is down and my trajectory is awesome. neverthelesse sometimes i´m struggling with pulls. any idea?

As usual it depends on your individual swing, but maybe the club is a little steep over the shaft line/outside at P6.

Can someone please explain this hip pivot and why it works better than a traditional hip bump or knee kick?

This thread doesn't explain much and GGs videos are long without simple instructions or feels

Start at 2:30 if you want to get to the point

[media=]

[/media]

This was really a great video. One of his best, IMO. Is the rest of this lesson on GG's membership site. If so, where?