For those that have applied the GG pivot

Kuuuch

I've been working on this over the winter. I'm usually square at impact with lots of EE and no rotation. I always ALWAYS slid hips linearly in transition and into downswing.

I've been hitting 3/4 type shots in while working on this the pivot move. I'm getting significantly more open now, which is something I never though I could do. Still lots of work left, but I'm liking the progress so far.

Before:

JVRFA4B.png

After:

lFp1axo.png

that's some very good changes! nice one

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

golfoh Great changes. Got rid of the EE much more open with the body at impact.

Thanks. Still work to be done on the backswing (I'm a left forearm early roller). Trying to feel vertical hinge more toward my face to address this.

Then I have been opening my shoulders immediately at transition. Per GG recent video, I need to wait just a moment. Right now I'm working on feels. I believe I need to feel a bit of right lateral bend at the transition - this keeps my left shoulder from just flying open and causing issues.

The biggest takeaway I like from GG is all of his video analysis. I'm able to identify whether a feel change results in better club movements so much more quickly now where before I had no idea - I was just hitting balls and praying really.

Nice job, looks allot better ,

I've been working on this over the winter. I'm usually square at impact with lots of EE and no rotation. I always ALWAYS slid hips linearly in transition and into downswing.

I've been hitting 3/4 type shots in while working on this the pivot move. I'm getting significantly more open now, which is something I never though I could do. Still lots of work left, but I'm liking the progress so far.

Before:

JVRFA4B.png

After:

lFp1axo.png

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

Does anyone here have a hard time with this pattern when transitioning to wedge shots (say 30-135 yards)? I have only been to a range a limited amount of times this winter, but my experience is that I get an excessive amount of forward shaft lean and a "trappy" sort of sensation out of this type of swing. Therefore I tend to hit accidental nukes when trying to take something off a wedge or hit a soft pitch (in addition to hitting full short irons obnoxious distances). I really like the theory behind this pivot action but it seems like active arms (eg. Monte/Luczak) has been a better way to transition down the bag. Anyone care to shed any light on this?

I have experienced similar results. I've noticed that on wedges/short irons my contact has moved a few grooves higher on the face. Sometimes get a nuked 9 iron with no spin that just goes miles. I think I may have inadvertently gotten steeper with more shaft lean and have consistently been hitting hitting shots dead center of clubface instead of lower third. That has also decreased my consistency with longer irons and my miss has been a steep/digger instead or more shallow like it should be with 4/5 irons.

Membership site currently has 692 members on the facebook page (do the math, I think it's working out well for him lol)

He's also doing discounted online lessons for members of the site, which is pretty cool IMO.

George hustles, but I just have to say that he's a really good dude. I saw him in person once, almost a year and a half ago now, and just last week he called me to chat for 20 minutes based on a simple question I asked on his instagram page! He gladly offers his input anytime I've asked about a swing issue. The guy genuinely wants people to play better golf, plain and simple, and I think that's pretty commendable. It's good to see him doing well!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Membership site currently has 692 members on the facebook page (do the math, I think it's working out well for him lol)

He's also doing discounted online lessons for members of the site, which is pretty cool IMO.

George hustles, but I just have to say that he's a really good dude. I saw him in person once, almost a year and a half ago now, and just last week he called me to chat for 20 minutes based on a simple question I asked on his instagram page! He gladly offers his input anytime I've asked about a swing issue. The guy genuinely wants people to play better golf, plain and simple, and I think that's pretty commendable. It's good to see him doing well!

I couldn't agree more. When I was there last Spring, George worked 8AM-7PM and only stopped because he had to attend one of his student's graduation parties. As he left, I was still there practicing under the lights. I got a text from him 30 minutes later; knowing that I was in LA alone and didn't have plans that night, he invited me to attend the party with him and grab a beer! I was blown away. He is an awesome dude with a heart of gold.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I couldn't agree more. When I was there last Spring, George worked 8AM-7PM and only stopped because he had to attend one of his student's graduation parties. As he left, I was still there practicing under the lights. I got a text from him 30 minutes later; knowing that I was in LA alone and didn't have plans that night, he invited me to attend the party with him and grab a beer! I was blown away. He is an awesome dude with a heart of gold.

Yea some instructors are like this, you have to be like that if you want to have lasting customers. Big part of what makes them popular and make money. I know a couple like that in my area and it makes a difference

That is cool.

That is cool.

So cool, and not even a little surprising! Matt, looking forward to seeing how things go when you get back to Westlake in April!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Does anyone here have a hard time with this pattern when transitioning to wedge shots (say 30-135 yards)? I have only been to a range a limited amount of times this winter, but my experience is that I get an excessive amount of forward shaft lean and a "trappy" sort of sensation out of this type of swing. Therefore I tend to hit accidental nukes when trying to take something off a wedge or hit a soft pitch (in addition to hitting full short irons obnoxious distances). I really like the theory behind this pivot action but it seems like active arms (eg. Monte/Luczak) has been a better way to transition down the bag. Anyone care to shed any light on this?

I have experienced similar results. I've noticed that on wedges/short irons my contact has moved a few grooves higher on the face. Sometimes get a nuked 9 iron with no spin that just goes miles. I think I may have inadvertently gotten steeper with more shaft lean and have consistently been hitting hitting shots dead center of clubface instead of lower third. That has also decreased my consistency with longer irons and my miss has been a steep/digger instead or more shallow like it should be with 4/5 irons.

I think I figured this issue out, well in my living room anyways! When I try to feel the left HIP going down and around, I tend to yank my right elbow down and around as well, which results in me pulling the handle/getting narrow. When I try to feel the left KNEE rotating towards to the target, it feels like I can keep my right side "wide and strong", creating a synchronized pivot. Oddly enough, the second feel coincides with the overall sensation I experience already on my best swings. Exciting stuff!!

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS (8), Tensei CK Pro White 70TX 

Taylormade SLDR Mini (12), Tensei CK Pro White 70TX

Titleist TSi2 (18), Tensei AV Raw White 85TX

Srixon U85 (22), PX 6.5

Ping i210 (5-UW), X100

Mizuno T20 (55.09, 60.06), S400

DFX 2 Ball Blade 

Srixon Z-Star XV

Before:

JVRFA4B.png

After:

lFp1axo.png

Awesome work

Clubs back down to original shaft plane or close to it now at impact , it's gonna feel a lot more solid and stable at impact now !

Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58

Wow! 50 page thread - so there must be something in it? I read through first 3 pages and found nothing I could really understand as to what this is?

I've looked at his YouTube and nothing again but what seems quite technical.

Is there some summary of his system?

I'm intrigued mainly due to the mention Of Dana influence/ similar ideas, as I remember Dana from S+t info I've seen.

Sorry if this is of no connection but I thought I would ask?

If you want a good overview of what he teaches, I highly suggest watching his YouTube videos 'How to do Mirror Work for Backswing' Parts 1 - 6.

Obviously these don't cover everything but for someone looking for a general overview of his methods and ideas, I think this would be a really good starting point. They helped me anyway.

Here's Part 1 for your convenience:

[media=]

[/media]

Watched the first 3 parts last night, these are a great watch.

I think I figured this issue out, well in my living room anyways! When I try to feel the left HIP going down and around, I tend to yank my right elbow down and around as well, which results in me pulling the handle/getting narrow. When I try to feel the left KNEE rotating towards to the target, it feels like I can keep my right side "wide and strong", creating a synchronized pivot. Oddly enough, the second feel coincides with the overall sensation I experience already on my best swings. Exciting stuff!!

That is EXACTLY what I am fighting also. Getting too narrow and steep. I worked on the legs last night as well as staying as wide as possible to allow the shaft to shallow out more naturally. Waiting for the rain to let up to take it to the range.

Went to the range to get some swings on video. Noticed that I let my right leg go internal just as I start to rotate. This move also forces me up on my toes like Justin Thomas (minus 300 yard carries). Really need to work on keeping the leg down and staying external. Although I was still hitting it good, this move occasionally causes me to get stuck and hit a huge block or I snap the face closed and duck hook it.

Guess I'll start with the old wedge under my heel drill until I get it under control.

Went to the range to get some swings on video. Noticed that I let my right leg go internal just as I start to rotate. This move also forces me up on my toes like Justin Thomas (minus 300 yard carries). Really need to work on keeping the leg down and staying external. Although I was still hitting it good, this move occasionally causes me to get stuck and hit a huge block or I snap the face closed and duck hook it.

Guess I'll start with the old wedge under my heel drill until I get it under control.

Use a bucket between the knees and drop it in transition to become better. Your right knee seems to go forward a lot (marching move like J.B.) and not too much internal. But that can be an optical illusion. Need to see from front view, if it really goes internal in direction to the target to be sure. Bucket drill will help anyway.

Good thread, just finished reading all 53 pages and have been taking some of these concepts to the range 4 or 5 times over the last week and a half in an attempt to help myself get through the shot. I have trouble flipping and shallowing at the moment and I'm glad I looked into it.

I have answered every question I have except for one by reading and watching videos...

What the hell is oongie dong?

I need to get more alignment sticks, LOL.

http://www.instagram...swingtips&hl=en

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Anyone have a good idea how to do the stick on the arms drill by yourself? I've basically been just trapping it in my elbows and turning to the top. Love the drill ... need a range buddy.

I use a swimming noodle. I hold it in place with my chin, turn back and let it go on my arms. You need to turn your head back to do this and return your head to normal backswing position when you let the noodle go but this is the best option I've found for executing this drill without a partner.

On the course I'll sometimes use my headcover in the same manner....with varied results.

Here's my attempts at using GG pivot. I still have a bunch of things to work out, but making progress.

[media=]

[/media]

Looks pretty good

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x