2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Tiger Coming Back!!??!! (Merged)

texasdave

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golf is in a very good place right now, Day, DJ, Spieth, Fowler, Walker and Bubba- there is genuine competitive rivalry with sportsmanship, respect and humor every weekend.

With Tigers news that he "may " play, (the announcement to me did not sound 100% sounded like 80-90%)

Tiger not playing competitive golf it would be a shame if the entire PGA field just lapped him these past few years. A lot of people maybe excited on his return, but how excited will they be with a couple of top 50s and missed cuts?

Time will tell. Golf is in a very good position either way

Speaking of Jack. In the 86 Masters we know the other players heard the Nicklaus roars and were a bit intimidated-long after his era of dominance would have justified their fear. Tigers name moving up the leaderboard would give today's players the same.

Let's hope we see that!

Almost NONE of the players know what it's like to have a healthy and engaged Tiger Woods bearing down on you on the leaderboard. They have no fear because they never had to experience it. Seeing it on TV clearly isn't the same. I hope before he finally hangs up the clubs for good they have to experience that, just to see how they respond to it.

They do not have the fear but they grew up with it and knew it. Half the field is still the guys Tiger beat up on and half grew up idolizing him. IF-I repeat a big IF-he comes back healthy the first time he is is climbing the leaderboard some of them, maybe not all, will be wondering "is Tiger back? Oh sh**!" :)

I don't think so. Tiger's biggest strength was his second shot abilities with the irons. Now everybody can reach par 5 with almost ease and hit into the super long par 4's with as little as 9 irons. As Wayne Gretzky famously retells it when his father asked him why he decided to retire, telling Wayne he could still play."Dad, every year these guys get bigger, stronger, faster....and I get a year older."

Speaking of Jack. In the 86 Masters we know the other players heard the Nicklaus roars and were a bit intimidated-long after his era of dominance would have justified their fear. Tigers name moving up the leaderboard would give today's players the same.

Let's hope we see that!

Almost NONE of the players know what it's like to have a healthy and engaged Tiger Woods bearing down on you on the leaderboard. They have no fear because they never had to experience it. Seeing it on TV clearly isn't the same. I hope before he finally hangs up the clubs for good they have to experience that, just to see how they respond to it.

They do not have the fear but they grew up with it and knew it. Half the field is still the guys Tiger beat up on and half grew up idolizing him. IF-I repeat a big IF-he comes back healthy the first time he is is climbing the leaderboard some of them, maybe not all, will be wondering "is Tiger back? Oh sh**!" :)

I don't think so. Tiger's biggest strength was his second shot abilities with the irons. Now everybody can reach par 5 with almost ease and hit into the super long par 4's with as little as 9 irons. As Wayne Gretzky famously retells it when his father asked him why he decided to retire, telling Wayne he could still play."Dad, every year these guys get bigger, stronger, faster....and I get a year older."

We will see-it will be fun to watch.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

TW haters are so mad.

joffrey01.jpg

I'm actually a hater of the word hater.

Just because people say he's done doesn't make them 'haters'. It's like calling guys fanboys.

Yet, when it comes to these threads I like being the outlier. Hate tiger. Love PXG. Like P. Reed.

I'm just looking forward to him coming out with Miura and then all a sudden it's "Ok" to charge 2k+ for clubs.

I use the word in a jocular way. TW isnt for everyone and thats fine. They all know what he has done in this game.

I like seeing Tom Brady get his butt kicked (not seriously injured, of course) by the Giants but hes a hell of a player and I appreciate his game.

The haters I refer to dont really *hate* TW, they just cant stand him ; )

As for the people who actually hate him, see him injured, well, thats just to demented to comprehend.

I just think it sucks that he's taking a spot in the field away from someone who could really use that, and might actually make it to the weekend.

Ya earn what ya earn and he has earned the right to be there. Much better than the myriad of John Daly sponsor exemptions Tiger has earned his spot. And unlike JD I don't believe Tiger would use a lot of these. He will either be healthy and play well or not play at all. The guy whose "spot" he is taking has not earned a spot or he would be playing.

He is not using sponsor exceptions like Daly did.

Best news this year for golf

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

TM Qi10 max 16 

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max Blue Head Tpt shaft 34/71

I just think it sucks that he's taking a spot in the field away from someone who could really use that, and might actually make it to the weekend.

Ya earn what ya earn and he has earned the right to be there. Much better than the myriad of John Daly sponsor exemptions Tiger has earned his spot. And unlike JD I don't believe Tiger would use a lot of these. He will either be healthy and play well or not play at all. The guy whose "spot" he is taking has not earned a spot or he would be playing.

He is not using sponsor exceptions like Daly did.

The Hero Challenge doesn't seem quite right. Because its his tournament, he gets a spot into the tiny-field/guaranteed OWGR points event.

Normally, a player has to be in the top 50 to be eligible.

Yawn. Wake me up when he makes the cut in a 72 hole event that has a cut.

Oh, please. When he tees up

Youll be sitting there with your ham & cheese sandwich, glued to the screen with the rest of us ; )

You mean while the Golf Channel shows every one of his shots as he hacks it around to a 79 on a Thursday while the Flat Bellies play real--if barely televised--golf?

Nope. Will not watch.

I'd rather come here and hate-post in the aftermath ;-)

And Christ man, at least give me credit for pulling a Ruben off. Ham and Cheese? It's not like I'm wearing sweat pants 24/7.

Planning to attend the Safeway on the 13th. Military gets in free so it's win win for me.

Thanks for your service.

Yep, thanks for your service and sacrifice!!

Enjoy the day!

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend,

RP

Ok your sig just made me LOL :-D

Hi DC. That conversation actually took place when Pete(our Teacher) caddied for Richard in the Inter-Club MP Championship quarters and Richard had been all gung ho on the quarter system for breaking down the green for approaches and Pete thought it was crap, hahaha. So I'm following them and these two guys were walking next to me and one said "Boy, the day a caddie talks to me like that will be a cold day in hell," lolol. As Pete was dressed as though he were Playing with navy slacks and a Wilson Staff polo and his golf spikes, I asked the guy if he thought that Pete looked like the "average" caddie and he commented that he was better dressed than some of the Players, lol. He then asked if Pete was a famous caddie, lolol. I just said no, he was doing Richard a favor. They had some classic, often hillarious exchanges over the years. Take care :) Maddie

I don't understand the sports illustrated Alan Shipnuck rumor saying he might play Miura.

It makes no sense at all for two reasons.

1. Miura is too small. They could never afford him unless they would offer him ownership equity and profit sharing, which they would never do.

2. Miura never has paid any pro to play their clubs and they are quite proud of that fact. They even brag about it on their website.

I don't understand the sports illustrated Alan Shipnuck rumor saying he might play Miura.

1. Miura is too small. They could never afford him unless they would offer him ownership equity and profit sharing, which they would never do.

2. Miura never has paid any pro to play their clubs and they are quite proud of that fact. They even brag about it on their website.

Never is a long time. Why wouldn't they offer him partial ownership?

Golf is in a very good place right now, Day, DJ, Spieth, Fowler, Walker and Bubba- there is genuine competitive rivalry with sportsmanship, respect and humor every weekend.

With Tigers news that he "may " play, (the announcement to me did not sound 100% sounded like 80-90%)

Tiger not playing competitive golf it would be a shame if the entire PGA field just lapped him these past few years. A lot of people maybe excited on his return, but how excited will they be with a couple of top 50s and missed cuts?

Time will tell. Golf is in a very good position either way

Living under a rock these days?.... 7 pages on Tiger's announcement.. 5 pages on the previous "playoff" event in golf. hmmmm....

Planning to attend the Safeway on the 13th. Military gets in free so it's win win for me.

Thanks for your service.

Yep, thanks for your service and sacrifice!!

Enjoy the day!

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend,

RP

Ok your sig just made me LOL :-D

Hi DC. That conversation actually took place when Pete(our Teacher) caddied for Richard in the Inter-Club MP Championship quarters and Richard had been all gung ho on the quarter system for breaking down the green for approaches and Pete thought it was crap, hahaha. So I'm following them and these two guys were walking next to me and one said "Boy, the day a caddie talks to me like that will be a cold day in hell," lolol. As Pete was dressed as though he were Playing with navy slacks and a Wilson Staff polo and his golf spikes, I asked the guy if he thought that Pete looked like the "average" caddie and he commented that he was better dressed than some of the Players, lol. He then asked if Pete was a famous caddie, lolol. I just said no, he was doing Richard a favor. They had some classic, often hillarious exchanges over the years. Take care :) Maddie

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I'm still laughing because those are the types of conversations I have with a few close friends. Very honest and straight forward but always delivered with love :-)

He could always play them for free because he likes them. Not like he's hurting for cash.