2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Mizuno JPX 900 drivers

KT35

Bit the bullet thanks to another WRX'er who told me how awesome this driver was. Really a big fan of the less than 460cc and I like the Evo II shaft in theory. Might try to see if I can find another shaft to try in it just to see how much I can max it out. Has anyone found one particular shaft that really matches well with this driver? I'm considering a whiteboard flowerband or maybe an AD-DI/MT (despite how freakin BRIGHT it'll look all set up lol)

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

I love the 3 wood too^^ have the speeder evo 2 661 x in it like my driver. Just solid, easy launching shots every time.

I bought the 5 wood. Love the flight and static feel of the club. Found the 661 to be too light for my preference and found the head to be super spinny even with the weight forward. Plus, even the 5 wood had a rather large footprint. Looked really deep and granted that helps get the ball up but just didn't suit my eye. Sucks too because man I could hit some howitzer style shots that landed like a 7 iron into par 5's.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

I know this is the JPX 900 driver thread - but whats the deal with the 3 wood? Is it as good? I currently have a 3 wood I like and the shaft is like 80 grams, going down to 60 or so would be a big drop. Anyway, for those of you who have it or have hit it just wondering what your thoughts are.

Thanks

I like the 3 wood even more than I like the driver... and I REALLY like the driver. 3 wood is automatic for me off the tee, from the fairway I'm less consistent but I rarely go for Par 5's in two whereas I hit tee shots on tight holes all the time. It is so nice to be able to stand on the tee on a tight par 4 and be confident that I'm going to find the fairway.

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

I know this is the JPX 900 driver thread - but whats the deal with the 3 wood? Is it as good? I currently have a 3 wood I like and the shaft is like 80 grams, going down to 60 or so would be a big drop. Anyway, for those of you who have it or have hit it just wondering what your thoughts are.

Thanks

I like the 3 wood even more than I like the driver... and I REALLY like the driver. 3 wood is automatic for me off the tee, from the fairway I'm less consistent but I rarely go for Par 5's in two whereas I hit tee shots on tight holes all the time. It is so nice to be able to stand on the tee on a tight par 4 and be confident that I'm going to find the fairway.

Good to know. I'm hitting a 917 F2 with a Fujikura Tour Spec 84...that thing is really good for me. Like you said, automatic off the tee (which had been hard to find).

Thanks

Good to know. I'm hitting a 917 F2 with a Fujikura Tour Spec 84...that thing is really good for me. Like you said, automatic off the tee (which had been hard to find).

Then I wouldn't change. Once you find that 3 wood, don't ever let it go. Henrik Stenson that thing until it falls apart or breaks!

Thanks

Then I wouldn't change. Once you find that 3 wood, don't ever let it go. Henrik Stenson that thing until it falls apart or breaks!

1+. I still carry NIke SQ Machspeed 3 wood.

nsxguy - thanks & I agree. That 3 wood feels solid & kind of heavy but just good. I have a heavy shaft in my driver and I don't like it as much. Funny game.

It's hard to figure what'll work - even from club to club.

Tried the Cobra F7+ with HZRDUS Black (this was the demo that got me thinking about the HZRDUS in the first place). Only "problem" was the demo shaft was a 6.5 (X-Stiff) 60 gram weight class. Noticed little to no loss of distance and was hitting nice high draws right down the pipe with it but couldn't fathom getting an X with a swing speed of ~95.

Wrote about it on another thread and got some good-natured grief. "Only on WRX does somebody hit a club perfectly but thinks the shaft's too stiff" LOL Poster had a point actually.

Had a Diamana Whiteboard Stiff, 60 gram class, in an older driver that I got along well with. Tried the 70 gram in the same shaft - bupkus. All 70 gram shafts I try seem to lose significant distance at very little gain (if any) in dispersion.

My current G20s - tried all sorts of lightweight shafts, from 90-110 grams. Good distance but dispersion not so great. Tried the DG S300s - lost about 2 yards per iron but dispersion was significantly better. No brainer.

Golfers !!! :rolleyes: :russian_roulette:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

• 4 months later...

Picked up a JPX 900 head and a Tensei Blue CK 60S off BST here.

Hit about 25 balls at the range and really digging this driver!

Weights are set in the draw and fade slots, Neutral on the face. Set loft at 10.5. I am a draw hitter with a two way miss, either snap hook or dead straight blocked out to the right.

Out of the gate I was hitting big towering slices with this setup. Very odd for me. About 10 balls in, I cranked it down to 8.5 loft for giggles, and starting hitting some dead straight balls with an awesome low (for me) penetrating flight. Pretty happy. Don’t quite understand why this helped, as adjusting the loft lower should have had the opposite affect? Or maybe I don’t understand that correctly.

Coming from a Ping G 10.5, JPX 900 has kicked it out of the bag. Love the looks and adjustability. It seems to have a shorter face, so I’m having to tee it up a bit lower. But I have adjusted well so far.

Love me some Mizuno blue!

• 2 months later...

Do many people still have these in the bag? I do and it’s still performing. I’ve been eyeballing a few new ones in the silly quest for 10 more yards. If y’all who loved this driver once DID switch what was It to?

Thx.

Cobra F9 44.75” Daytona Speeder S.  
Cobra F9 3w Atmos S 
Mizuno 5W JPX 900 Blue S

Ping 4Hybrid
Ping BPS Pro Modus 105s 4-PW

SM9 black 50, 56. Wedgeworks 60 T 

SC Kombi S 

Was that speeder 569 shaft an upcharge or stock offering?

Thanks

All the Fuji Speeder EvoII were no charge options. 569, 661, and 757 and are such a good pair for this head! Loved my 900 with the 661S!

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Still gaming both the driver and the 3w, absolutely love them, zero desire to try out anything else.

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

I sold my driver because I was not getting the distance from it as I got from Epic or M1. I did hit it really straight, but at least 10 yards shorter, if not more. I did keep my 3 wood, 5 wood and hybrid. I hit them fairly straight and love the look of them. The confidence I have using them is also a plus. Great Clubs and look awesome. I just really wished I could have found a setting that allowed me to hit the driver further than I was.

Thanks

I recently added a 13.5 917f2 to replace my Adams Super LS and XTD-Ti. It's not as long by any means, but now that I have the set up dialed in, it's ultra realiable. I was actually looking for an F3, as I prefer the look and setup, but couldn't find one at a decent price.

Titleist 917D3 9.5
Titleist 917F2 13.5d
Titleist 818H2 17d. hybrid
Mltizuno JPX-850 forged 4-pw
Scratch 8620 53d..
Odyssey white hot tour #2

• 1 month later...

Went the route of M3 from its inception.....jpx900 was working fine but figured I might gain some yardage....throughout the spring and summer I did find an xtra gear occasionally but without lateral adjustability, I'm pretty much stuck with a fade shot. Grabbed another jpx900 stock 569 and in the 1st few shots ,I realized for my game the importance of seeing higher initial launch, more carry due to higher spin and much easier to keep in play using the whole fairway and not just playing a fade....

This club is very underrated!

I bought one of these used for very cheap but couldn’t quite get it to work, so I took the 661 out of it and put it in my ‘17 M2. I cant believe these Speeder shafts were stock, they are silky smooth.

What's your normal flight do you have with driver? I've heard jpx900 is slightly draw bias so maybe it's why this works well for me....also, not that it's a big factor, but mizuno and titleist have flatter lie angles

Just picked one up. Kicked my F7+ out of the bag which I struggled to find any consistency with. Straight to the range and no contest. Have the 569 shaft and love the lighter shaft. Put it down to 8.5 upright and both weights forward in the middle. Stills launching it great. Only wish the season wasn’t almost done here in Wisconsin.