2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Profit margin is already budgeted for in the $500 price.

Can't speak for other countries, but for Australia there is no import duty on items under $1000.

So unless FS has a pretty messed up supply chain, which I doubt, they are gouging.

Is the US600 inclusive of AU GST?

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Went to a range today and the Mevo would only pick up 1 out of 10 range balls. Not sure what the deal with that was, they were Wilson Staff Limited Flight Balls, Yellow. A few times it even picked up what I could only assume was the divot ("carry distance: 17 yards")

I happened to have a bunch of junk regular balls in my bag and it read every one of them. Anybody come across this?

EDIT:

Well, the Mevo is going back. $80 test for a week. May look into the skytrak. Looking at their site you can get a refurb with case for $1500.

Profit margin is already budgeted for in the $500 price.

Can't speak for other countries, but for Australia there is no import duty on items under $1000.

So unless FS has a pretty messed up supply chain, which I doubt, they are gouging.

Is the US600 inclusive of AU GST?

No. Does not include gst. Below is cut and paste from an email from the Aus/Nz distributor;

"FlightScope Mevo release in Australia and New Zealand:

600USD + GST + Shipping (ask for a quote today)* shipping lead time of two weeks."

Went to a range today and the Mevo would only pick up 1 out of 10 range balls. Not sure what the deal with that was, they were Wilson Staff Limited Flight Balls, Yellow. A few times it even picked up what I could only assume was the divot ("carry distance: 17 yards")

I happened to have a bunch of junk regular balls in my bag and it read every one of them. Anybody come across this?

EDIT:

Well, the Mevo is going back. $80 test for a week. May look into the skytrak. Looking at their site you can get a refurb with case for $1500.

I notice you are close to me. I went to Carl's just now. Hit 42 of their yellow Callaway range balls. The Mevo just missed one for me. It says results error. Other than that, everything else was recorded. This was around 7pm with the sun right in front of me. I was at the grass range. Set it to Outdoor mode, 4ft away and set the Mevo on top the box to get it as close to the ball height with my tee as possible.

EDIT:

Mine on Firmware 1.7 picks up everything. Tennis balls and Baseballs pickup just fine. I didn't have a good experience with my first Mevo when they came out. My 2nd one I just plop it down and it works.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

EDIT:

Mine on Firmware 1.7 picks up everything. Tennis balls and Baseballs pickup just fine. I didn't have a good experience with my first Mevo when they came out. My 2nd one I just plop it down and it works.

Frankly, if someone has a Mevo and has downloaded the latest 1.7 firmware and are having problems with it picking up shots- it's their setup: distance from the ball, etc etc.

Mine also just.......works.

Yankees Suck

Went to a range today and the Mevo would only pick up 1 out of 10 range balls. Not sure what the deal with that was, they were Wilson Staff Limited Flight Balls, Yellow. A few times it even picked up what I could only assume was the divot ("carry distance: 17 yards") I happened to have a bunch of junk regular balls in my bag and it read every one of them. Anybody come across this? EDIT: Well, the Mevo is going back. $80 test for a week. May look into the skytrak. Looking at their site you can get a refurb with case for $1500.

Same for me, it may miss 1 single ball out of 2 large buckets.

Has anybody done a side by side comparison with a Trackman/GC2/etc? The few times that I've had the opportunity to do so I was mainly comparing ball speed and carry (very accurate in this regard). I'm just curious how accurate the launch angle is. With my driver, I'm getting an average of 16' launch with a peak hight of ~142'. I have a pretty high ball flight so this could be accurate but wanted to double check before I start playing around with my equipment. Thanks!

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

Sunday I was over at my range and my 3rd driver shot hit the 250 yard sign on the fly. It measured 249 yards with the laser from the spot I was hitting from. I hit a few balls at Golf Galaxy on TM with the exact driver setup as mine and spin was low 3000's where as the Mevo reads the default 2700 when I don't use the stickers. Launch angle was almost spot on also. +/- 500 rpm was only around 6 or 7 yards of carry from I have seen going through my Mevo logs. Club head speed seemed to be +/- 2 mph for me and pretty accurate. The longer I own the Mevo the more I appreciate its design at the driving range. It really has me dialed in with regards of quality of my strikes. My CB's really got me to another level of awareness of my strike comparing them to my AP2's. My stock 7 goes 155 yards 6 out of 10 swings. When I pure one I'm seeing 164 yards and just rewarded with the greatest feel and the Mevo calls out the distance right when the ball is at its apex. When I clank one I'm already calling 145 and trying to beat the Mevo before it calls it out. Income tax time I'm going to purchase a Skytrak for use at home with my net. I have stopped using the Mevo at home into the net because I'm really not helping my game by doing it. Its great for a quick tuneup into the net by the beauty of the Mevo is at the range and you can use it as a supplemental training aide. Tweak your grip and move the ball back, you can verify it with the ball flight and by checking the Launch Angle on the Mevo. Its great in those regards.

driver.jpg

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Sunday I was over at my range and my 3rd driver shot hit the 250 yard sign on the fly. It measured 249 yards with the laser from the spot I was hitting from. I hit a few balls at Golf Galaxy on TM with the exact driver setup as mine and spin was low 3000's where as the Mevo reads the default 2700 when I don't use the stickers. Launch angle was almost spot on also. +/- 500 rpm was only around 6 or 7 yards of carry from I have seen going through my Mevo logs. Club head speed seemed to be +/- 2 mph for me and pretty accurate. The longer I own the Mevo the more I appreciate its design at the driving range. It really has me dialed in with regards of quality of my strikes. My CB's really got me to another level of awareness of my strike comparing them to my AP2's. My stock 7 goes 155 yards 6 out of 10 swings. When I pure one I'm seeing 164 yards and just rewarded with the greatest feel and the Mevo calls out the distance right when the ball is at its apex. When I clank one I'm already calling 145 and trying to beat the Mevo before it calls it out. Income tax time I'm going to purchase a Skytrak for use at home with my net. I have stopped using the Mevo at home into the net because I'm really not helping my game by doing it. Its great for a quick tuneup into the net by the beauty of the Mevo is at the range and you can use it as a supplemental training aide. Tweak your grip and move the ball back, you can verify it with the ball flight and by checking the Launch Angle on the Mevo. Its great in those regards.

This is the exact information that I was looking for. I thought that my launch angle was erroneously high but my data doesn't differ that much from yours (mine is attached). When playing with my numbers in the Flightscope Optimizer not only do the numbers match up very well (I would think that they would) but it appears that I have this driver dialed in very well. I attached screenshots from my Mevo output as well as Flightscope Optimizer. I was not using the stickers so the spin numbers are (most likely) estimated. Range balls were a mix between 2015 Pro V1x and 2017 Pro V1 so launch angle should be pretty close to my ball of choice (2016 TaylorMade Tour Preferred X). Shot data is a pretty good sampling of what I can expect in a normal round, some good swings, some bad. I still think that the Mevo reported club speed is a touch high (resulting in an low smash factor) but, in the end, all that I'm really concerned about is ball speed anyway.

I will say that I've been very impressed with the improvements to the Mevo since I first received it in May. The firmware updates have improved this device quite a bit and I look forward to continued updates. As many have already said, I would love to see additional feedback in the interface concerning the spin numbers (calculated vs measured).

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

I really need to stop buying random crap I don't need/keep and invest in one of these.

I just purchased a Skytrak . My Mevo may be for sale . Interested ? Only used for about 6-7 weeks .

Unfortunately I'm selling and saving for a wedding and trying to pay off my debt. My birthday is in a few weeks so, unless you want to send it to me as a present, I have to sadly decline. But thanks!

I really need to stop buying random crap I don't need/keep and invest in one of these.

I just purchased a Skytrak . My Mevo may be for sale . Interested ? Only used for about 6-7 weeks .

Unfortunately I'm selling and saving for a wedding and trying to pay off my debt. My birthday is in a few weeks so, unless you want to send it to me as a present, I have to sadly decline. But thanks!

Sorry no Mevo for ur birthday but here is an early present : Don't get married ! Your golf game will surely suffer along with ur sanity!! Lol.

. Income tax time I'm going to purchase a Skytrak for use at home with my net. I have stopped using the Mevo at home into the net because I'm really not helping my game by doing it. Its great for a quick tuneup into the net by the beauty of the Mevo is at the range and you can use it as a supplemental training aide.

Why did you stop using your Mevo at home hitting into a net?

. Income tax time I'm going to purchase a Skytrak for use at home with my net. I have stopped using the Mevo at home into the net because I'm really not helping my game by doing it. Its great for a quick tuneup into the net by the beauty of the Mevo is at the range and you can use it as a supplemental training aide.

Why did you stop using your Mevo at home hitting into a net?

When the snow starts flying I will be using the Mevo in the garage. In my opinion, I get a lot more out of my practice sessions at the range with the Mevo where I can see the ball flight. Not being able to see the ball flight isn't a deal breaker but what I grooved into the net ended up being a 20 yard draw with my irons. It didn't take to many swings at the range to realize that my setup had me with a closed face but I was not aware of it while practicing at home.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

In an effort to get a short answer to a question that probably doesn't have a short answer

How good is the MEVO for the money? (ratings out of 10)

Is it better than the ES14?

Will be used on an outdoor range from a mat. Mainly for dialling in <120 yards

2014 Low 2.9
2015 Low 2.6
2016 Low 2.1
2017 Target 1.4
2018 Target 0.4
2019 Target +15
Current 0.2

In an effort to get a short answer to a question that probably doesn't have a short answer

Once you use a Mevo then the ES14 and SC200 seem like "gadgets" for a lack of a better term. I have found that once I get to the range, We have a 50 yard sign and if you are not using stickers then you can lower or raise the Altitude setting to "calibrate" the yardage of range balls. I setup in my stall and laser the 50 yard sign. The stall I always hit from shows 48 yards. I hit 3 balls with a 1/4 swing with my 54* wedge which is exactly 50 yards for me and just adjust or fine tune the altitude setting. If I plunk the sign and the Mevo calls out 49 or 50 yards then I'm good. I will normally hit a few 3/4 PW's at the 100 yard sign to verify. I have actually had a few people come over to watch cause the Mevo would call out 97 yards and hit the sign. I had a guy tell me that he has seen me before on the range with the Mevo and was questioning that if the yardage was off until I handed him the laser and it was exactly 97 yards to the 100 yard sign. I would rank it a 9 if not a 10 as being a true golf tool. It ranks up there with my Bushnell as one the best purchases I have made.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I had the SC200 when I bought the Mevo- keep both for a month or two, then sold the SC200.

Honestly, I cannot tell you how much I enjoy it, and that is really has helped my iron game, and my tempo. For me, it has made me finally understand that a smooth but full 8 iron carries 144(not the 150 that I always played for before). And that swinging really hard(TEMPO)!!!) with an iron does not really give me much additional yardage. As a result from these learnings I find myself hitting many more 3/4 shots with an extra club than ever before, and as a result my game is much more controlled- I actually feel like a player- look at me, hitting shots(not just swings) on the course!!!

I would give it a 8 out of 10 for a rating. If they add an indicator that's shows if the spin was actually measured or just calculated, then I would give it a 9. And unless it starts showing lateral dispersion, it will never be a 10(but for $500 it never will, I understand that).

Yankees Suck

My rating is same as Hondabuff and yellolab. MEVO is a solid 8 of 10.

In addition to Hondabuff's comments, I would add clubhead speed is a bit high. The odd part about that is when I take it to the range, MEVO carry yardage is dead on with range balls off mats. My range uses decent balls (not limited flight), and my range distances mirror my on-course distances.

I think MEVO would be good for gapping wedges, where lateral dispersion is (or should be) almost a non-factor. I would probably also take the MEVO out on a practice round (twilight) where you could hit your gamer balls with metallic stickers off grass.

Curious how much, if any, distance differences the Mevo users are seeing from mat to grass?

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

Curious how much, if any, distance differences the Mevo users are seeing from mat to grass?

I see more spin off my CCE mat vs grass. Looking at my past sessions its around 500-700rpm more. Hitting off my CCE mat feels like hitting out of thick rough. When I'm at the grass range it feels like no effort at all to get through the turf. I have been averaging 160 with my 7 iron off the mat and on the grass I had a few over 170 but were just pure shots.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

IMO, there are two variables to consider: Mat v Grass and Range Ball v Gamer;

My carry distances with range mats and range balls are not significantly different from my on-course distances.

I believe the clean lie of the mat with concrete underlay helps "make up" distance lost from range balls. My range does not use limited flight balls, but I still believe they play slightly shorter than my gamers.

Yes, they are.....I should have elaborated....the package with these and the very small cleaning cloth look like an afterthought. The Mevo was purchased in Thailand so I am not sure they were added here or at the factory. I didn't pick up the Mevo, my wife did and I am sure if I messaged the shop it would get mangled in the translation.