2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Ping driver - 2017

mixxedbag

Anyone know the release price of the driver? I kinda told my wife it's $399. I hope I'm right.

That would make it among the cheapest off al major OEMS. G30 was $350, G was $400, thus 450 wouldn't surprise me.

$429.00 (+$75 for shaft upgrades.)

+50 for wrx order , measured head

A digitally lofted 5 wood head @ 17* or even closer to 16.5* has appeal.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I am very confused. Who implied that?

I was asking if you can specify 10.5*, D2.5, 1.5* open etc... we all now what rolls off the production line can be +/- 1.5* in loft, lie or angle

??

That guy's response gave me the "huh?!"

Now back on the WRX price, that seems reasonable if you want the driver to your true specs. I'd probably ask for a face as close to actual 9.0 and just a tad more upright. And curious to know what shafts will be available to upgrade to.

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

PING has had digital lofting service for a while now. You can get one as close to the loft you specify. If I remember correctly, it was only like a $10 charge previously. I'm guessing a $50 charge would include swing-weighting and such as well.

Any WRX'er ordering brand new should at least pay for the digital lofting service.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

PING has had digital lofting service for a while now. You can get one as close to the loft you specify. If I remember correctly, it was only like a $10 charge previously. I'm guessing a $50 charge would include swing-weighting and such as well.

Any WRX'er ordering brand new should at least pay for the digital lofting service.

Here is the conflict for me...

I've always been told that if you are crushing a demo club to try and buy that exact club, do not place an order. What good is ordering a digitally lifted 9.8* head if you were actually using a 9.1* but had no clue? If you know the exact specs on the demo it would make it easier but that is highly unlikely.

If I could I would order a head with a loft between 9.8-10.4, 1* open and a CT of 258... think I could pull that off? :)

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

I am fairly certain the fee is to make sure the exact loft of the head is what you want. For example, it is not unusual to see 10 degree heads that when measured have an actual loft of 10.5 or 11.

With Ping the loft will never be lower than what you ordered, but it could be slightly higher simply due to production tolerances.

Same for all manufacturers. I have an M1 labeled 9.5, but the actual loft at standard settings is 10.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I think ordering through WRX, you can get exact loft and swing weight. I'm not sure about lie angle, but from calling and checking with them in the past, they have not done specific face angle.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I've ordered digitally lofted Ping G30 and G driver's in the past, basically you state the desired loft and they will try to sort a head as close as possible to that, regardless what the number on it states.

But after multiple fittings with a Ping demo day rept, with the East Coast Sales rept, and a Ping Top 100 fitter, they all agree on one thought.. the only place that a driver is truly the stated loft is dead center of the sweet spot. move up the face 1/4" and loft is increased, same with down the face.so unless you hit the center sweet spot every time, with the same AA every time, you are already not hitting the same loft every time.

Off subject. But any rumors on the next S series iron line or is it disbanded?

Pretty sure the iBlade was the replacement for the s series.

correctomundo

edit: now, take a look at I200, and then visualize that in S55 proportions... I think you might see iBlade being replaced by something along those lines.

When I visualize that, I am right back to the S55's��

... except now made outta the 431 steel, with Hydropearl finish, and a few more years wisdom of experimenting with CTP.

:good: #CountMeIn

Is there a release date for these? I'm assuming 1/18 at the very earliest (~18 months since the iBlade release), but something like three years passed between the releases of the S55 and the iBlade, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Hard to tell what the timeframe will be for the iBlade replacement. After initial success it hasn't matched the S55 in sales (which was the most successful S series sales wise). I think Bubba is still using the S55s.. a testament after his many years of refusing to dump the S59s. I would like to see them do another S series out of 431 and dump that hydropearl finish.

Hard to tell what the timeframe will be for the iBlade replacement. After initial success it hasn't matched the S55 in sales (which was the most successful S series sales wise). I think Bubba is still using the S55s.. a testament after his many years of refusing to dump the S59s. I would like to see them do another S series out of 431 and dump that hydropearl finish.

I've had my S56 set for 5 years now, they only saw use the first half of that 5, but Im looking into the iBlade or i200 now. I guess Ping's fittings fill up the minute they are available as I called for an appointment the 29th or 30th and neither had times available. Im thinking I might just pay the 225 full bag fee to Kierland in Scottsdale if I still decide to go get fit.

Titleist T150 Irons

Titleist U505 4 Utility
Titleist Tsi2 Driver
Ping G425 5 Wood
Ping G425 7 Wood
Titleist SM9 48, 54, 58 Wedges
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 66 yo, maybe 80 mph with driver, fairly aggressive transition. Was looking forward to this perhaps updating my G25 driver.

I found out a local store just got in a couple of G400's with stock shafts and I was able to take out a 10.5 stock Reg G400 to an outdoor range to demo today. (No launch monitor at the range, strictly a public range eyeballing results.) The stock reg Alta CB was very soft...felt like I might expect a stock soft regular to feel. Easy enough to hit but mostly low-launching draws. If I moved the ball a bit forward to promote more height they seemed to get more spin and drop short. I had my G25 stock reg 10.5 with me and it felt more solid and seemed a bit longer. I had a fellow beside me kindly watch me hit a shot with each driver. and to help gauge distance. The shaft must have indeed been bending like crazy on the G400 as he said simply, (English is not his first language), "that one (my G25) is much better for you. The other too hard to control". I confirmed with him he was observing it seemed soft during my swing.

When I took it back I gave the store feedback and suggested they frequency test it against the other reg shaft driver they so far have received for a demo just to ensure it is not an "off "shaft. Another employee (who I originally thought was just a public senior like myself, but found out is a very accomplished player and 107mph speed) chimed in that he hit it to test yesterday and that it felt more like a soft regular. Also that my results are typical of a shaft too soft for the user.

FWIW.

I was told today (I'm in Canada) that Ping is behind for any non-stock shaft deliveries for pre-orders and they won't be available until ~August 15. I'll probably demo the non-stock options at some point but $-wise I might just as well wait till I'm in the US on holiday over the winter. It would have to be quite an improvement over my G25 for the price.

The Can$ stock shaft price is $599 CDN according to GolfTown's website. With 12% tax, in BC that's $672. I'm seeing $399 US on American golf retailers. So if I bought it in the US (or ordered it FROM the US plus pay for shipping) with say a $35% exchange rate that $399 converts to $540 CDN. Huh?

I was told today (I'm in Canada) that Ping is the any non-stock deliveries for pre-orders won't be till August 15. I'll probably check out the non-stock options at some point but $-wise I might just as well wait till I'm in the US on holiday over the winter. It would have to be quite an improvement over the G25 for the price.

The Can$ stock shaft price is $599 CDN according to GolfTown's website. With 12% tax, in BC that's $672. I'm seeing $399 US on American golf retailers. So if I bought it in the US (or ordered it FROM the US plus pay for shipping) with say a $35% exchange rate that $399 converts to $540 CDN. Huh?

Yea....I think you should wait until you come to the U.S.A..... That's crazy

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

I'm 66 yo, maybe 80 mph with driver, fairly aggressive transition. Was looking forward to this perhaps updating my G25 driver.

I found out a local store just got in a couple of G400's with stock shafts and I was able to take out a 10.5 stock Reg G400 to an outdoor range to demo today. (No launch monitor at the range, strictly a public range eyeballing results.) The stock reg Alta CB was very soft...felt like I might expect a stock soft regular to feel. Easy enough to hit but mostly low-launching draws. If I moved the ball a bit forward to promote more height they seemed to get more spin and drop short. I had my G25 stock reg 10.5 with me and it felt more solid and seemed a bit longer. I had a fellow beside me kindly watch me hit a shot with each driver. and to help gauge distance. The shaft must have indeed been bending like crazy on the G400 as he said simply, (English is not his first language), "that one (my G25) is much better for you. The other too hard to control". I confirmed with him he was observing it seemed soft during my swing.

When I took it back I gave the store feedback and suggested they frequency test it against the other reg shaft driver they so far have received for a demo just to ensure it is not an "off "shaft. Another employee (who I originally thought was just a public senior like myself, but found out is a very accomplished player and 107mph speed) chimed in that he hit it to test yesterday and that it felt more like a soft regular. Also that my results are typical of a shaft too soft for the user.

FWIW.

I own a G-25 with the stock Stiff shaft and I played that driver for two years and loved it. I "upgraded" to the G-30 and hated it so I sold it and went back to my G-25. I then

procured a G with the stock Alta shaft in stiff and it was horrible. The spin numbers were in the high 3k low 4k so I ended up putting a Aldila Rogue Silver 60 in stiff in it and

I'm a happy camper.

I do suspect the bend profile in the Stock G Alta and possibly the G-400 is similar and not like the Stock G-25.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

FWIW.

I own a G-25 with the stock Stiff shaft and I played that driver for two years and loved it. I "upgraded" to the G-30 and hated it so I sold it and went back to my G-25. I then

procured a G with the stock Alta shaft in stiff and it was horrible. The spin numbers were in the high 3k low 4k so I ended up putting a Aldila Rogue Silver 60 in stiff in it and

I'm a happy camper.

I do suspect the bend profile in the Stock G Alta and possibly the G-400 is similar and not like the Stock G-25.

I didn't like the Alpha shaft in the G either when I tried it. No better for sure than my G25 with a good swing. The Alta in the new version is an Alta CB (CB for couterbalanced) so I hoped it would be similar to thr counterbalanced UST-made one in the G25.

If you look at my other post, this puppy would cost me about $672 CDN with tax for just the stock shaft if the online pricing for GolfTown pre-order is correct ($599 CDN). Can't see it being worth it at this first blush. But...I will be interested in real life results, in real life slower swinger results as it gets out here.

FWIW.

Drivers/FW: G400, G30
Hybrids: I20, I15, Rapture D.I.
Iron#1: I20 3-UW SF I80CW R MoI matched
Iron#2: S55 3-PW SF i80CW R MoI matched
Putters: various Answers & B60s
Wedges: Tour W, Tour S, Gorge, Glide

Myspinout,

We are at the same age and from what you describe, very similar swing pattern. Like you, I Still hang on to G25 driver 12* lofted down to 11.4* with PXV 39 6.0. I also have G30 LST with Diamana B-Series 60 R and Cally EPIC SZ with KK XM50 R all lofted to 11.5* but keep going back to the G25. Awaiting you result with the G400 as it raise my curiosity and, to be honest, would like to get one as least just for fun. Just want to know what will be the good combination of head, loft and shaft for my swing. It will be a few months before the G400 show up here in Bangkok and it will be Japanese spec which does not quite agree with me. Unfortunately, local PING dealer here is not very accommodating either so I may have my son who lives in the US to get it and bring it back when he comes to visit.

Myspinout,

We are at the same age and from what you describe, very similar swing pattern. Like you, I Still hang on to G25 driver 12* lofted down to 11.4* with PXV 39 6.0. I also have G30 LST with Diamana B-Series 60 R and Cally EPIC SZ with KK XM50 R all lofted to 11.5* but keep going back to the G25. Awaiting you result with the G400 as it raise my curiosity and, to be honest, would like to get one as least just for fun. Just want to know what will be the good combination of head, loft and shaft for my swing. It will be a few months before the G400 show up here in Bangkok and it will be Japanese spec which does not quite agree with me. Unfortunately, local PING dealer here is not very accommodating either so I may have my son who lives in the US to get it and bring it back when he comes to visit.

I'm going away in a month about the time real stock hits stores until the beginning of September. I don't expect I'll be doing any further testing till at least September when the optional shafts are available to demo. Maybe not even then, as that's close to the end of our regular golf season. I MIGHT try one out with other shaft options if available when we go to Maui in October, but putting a new driver in play while on vacation is not necessarily a recipe for enjoying the holiday rounds or for marital bliss. Been there done that.

But I also expect to be in the US in February, near stores with fitting facilities and that might be a good option, since that borders on the start of out golf season here.

That said, after struggling to find a 4W match for a bit, I tried the G25 4 wood in Maui at the end of 2013 and fell in love first try at the launch monitor. I bought it. That put me on the G25 train, starting with driver followed quickly after by the hybrids. Don't see the 4W or hybrids going anywhere, and I even have a spare G25 3H. Did try out a G25 12* driver last year ( a non-stock shaft option) but never took to the head even with my stock shafts and got rid of it.

Of course there is no 12* option in the G400, other than the SFT. The 10.5 I tried yesterday generally was lower than my G25 and I'm not usually a high ball hitter, though I can do so if desired. (Unless as I said I really tried to force the G400 high, but it seemed to just lose all ooph and fall short.)

I got to try the G400 LST with PX Hzrdus 6.5 75g yellow. This is your usual Ping driver performance wise. It isn't the longest out there on the occasional knuckle ball but it is long and consistently long. I have has every Ping G driver since the g20 and the Anser, i20 and i25 and loved everyone of them. With the exception of the i20 which the face cracked the thing that made me eventually get rid of the drivers was sound and feel. The G400 is another story though as it has a similar sound to my M1.

Ball speeds up 3-5 MPH many are reporting including myself. Big improvement over predecessors. Get fit don't assume. SS up due to smaller head that is more forgiving.....Ping does it again.

Did you get to throw in the GP that you got fitted for earlier this year and put it up against your G LS? You gonna be pulling the trigger or what?? Details my man, give us the deets!

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Ball speeds up 3-5 MPH many are reporting including myself. Big improvement over predecessors. Get fit don't assume. SS up due to smaller head that is more forgiving.....Ping does it again.

Did you get to throw in the GP that you got fitted for earlier this year and put it up against your G LS? You gonna be pulling the trigger or what?? Details my man, give us the deets!

posted results in another Ping thread. Up 5 mph ball speeds with 2 mph SS increase. Distance 258 vs 277 carry. Both w AdGP shaft. G400 at 7.5. G at 9.

Preordered.

roll out on 400ls was 299,300.310 with consistent 275-281 carries, which really surprised me as its been 20 years since I saw 280....more 260's these days on good striking days.

Spin avg 2350 for G ls and 1900 for 400Ls. Worried me a little as I couldn't see ball flight on ping inflight monitor being used but assume these things are close. The 255-265 G LS is what I'm accustom to seeing on my carry so I'm still wanting (to actually see the ball flight) of the 15 yards more carry.

The news that surprised me the most was my circle for the 400Ls at 7.5 was tighter and 80% in the fairway (middle) compared to my G LS that is typically 65-70% fairway favoring the left. I seldom miss right. Mostly draw to strait with G LS, fitter said dead strait with 7.5 G400. We will see. I'll probably end up playing at 8.5 standard setting as I don't like hovering the club and can fight getting the face aligned correctly for all 18 holes when I mess with the loft settings but we will see. If it gives me an avg of 15 I'll probably attempt to hover again. Feel is great but I think is overrated for tournament players as performance trumps it every time. I "feel" great when I see my drives heading for the fairway or "feel" terrible when its headed towards trouble. Best of luck. Looking forward to comparing again before buying. Best way to describe my game is 135 is a stock 9 iron for me with 42* of loft can stretch it to 145 if needed but will go with soft 8 most of the time....use to be hard PW 10 years ago. My miss is a pull left when under pressure.

Last note avg SS 104 with G LS and 106 with G400LS. When fitted at same place for shaft last winter I was averaging 107 with G LS but I'm closing in on Senior status so maybe I've dropped 3mph over last 7 months....just hoping it was not as warmed up for this expieriment. I'd say I'm closer to 104 during actual play than the 107 though as I'm one who is only focusing on distance when indoors on a monitor. During play I care less about carry and 100% on accuracy....That's why I've played Ping since the G20 with a brief hiatus with the SLDR for about 5-6 months....lesson learned.

Myspinout,

I'm going away in a month about the time real stock hits stores until the beginning of September. I don't expect I'll be doing any further testing till at least September when the optional shafts are available to demo. Maybe not even then, as that's close to the end of our regular golf season. I MIGHT try one out with other shaft options if available when we go to Maui in October, but putting a new driver in play while on vacation is not necessarily a recipe for enjoying the holiday rounds or for marital bliss. Been there done that.

But I also expect to be in the US in February, near stores with fitting facilities and that might be a good option, since that borders on the start of out golf season here.

That said, after struggling to find a 4W match for a bit, I tried the G25 4 wood in Maui at the end of 2013 and fell in love first try at the launch monitor. I bought it. That put me on the G25 train, starting with driver followed quickly after by the hybrids. Don't see the 4W or hybrids going anywhere, and I even have a spare G25 3H. Did try out a G25 12* driver last year ( a non-stock shaft option) but never took to the head even with my stock shafts and got rid of it.

Of course there is no 12* option in the G400, other than the SFT. The 10.5 I tried yesterday generally was lower than my G25 and I'm not usually a high ball hitter, though I can do so if desired. (Unless as I said I really tried to force the G400 high, but it seemed to just lose all ooph and fall short.)

Update, especially for TOOK@LLK. On errands today i dropped into the big box store option in Canada.

They had 12* SFT heads and the Kuro Kage shaft in stiff only. The store fellow set me up on the launch monitor. I started with my Reg G25- good strikes- then moved to stock Reg Alta CB. The one I tried yesterday was not an off shaft. It was impossible for to use -way too whippy for my measured today almost exactly 80mph swing and fairly fast transition.

Next we tried the stock stiff Alta CB in the 10.5 (way better and marginally better than my G25, but not much). Then we tried the Kuro Kage stiff in the 10.5 head and the SFT 12* @ 12* and at 11*). The 10.5 in KK stiff might be a better fit according to the fitter by the numbers with less spin, but I also hit a couple of too low ones with it, but with good rollout.

The interesting thing was that I hit the labelled stiff shafts way more solidly and further that the regular Alta, especially with the KK. Dead solid straight with the KK and @11* with less spin than at 12*, and less than my G25. I actually had trouble going back to th G25 for the last few minutes (hitting way high on the face) as my timing and release seemed a lot more natural with the KK and Apha in stiff. But the tee available was higher than I usually play and that was part of it.

Didn't buy today (fitter knew I wouldn't up front) as I still want to try the KK in regular and X Tortion when they get demo shafts in.

posted results in another Ping thread. Up 5 mph ball speeds with 2 mph SS increase. Distance 258 vs 277 carry. Both w AdGP shaft. G400 at 7.5. G at 9.

Preordered.

roll out on 400ls was 299,300.310 with consistent 275-281 carries, which really surprised me as its been 20 years since I saw 280....more 260's these days on good striking days.

Spin avg 2350 for G ls and 1900 for 400Ls. Worried me a little as I couldn't see ball flight on ping inflight monitor being used but assume these things are close. The 255-265 G LS is what I'm accustom to seeing on my carry so I'm still wanting (to actually see the ball flight) of the 15 yards more carry.

The news that surprised me the most was my circle for the 400Ls at 7.5 was tighter and 80% in the fairway (middle) compared to my G LS that is typically 65-70% fairway favoring the left. I seldom miss right. Mostly draw to strait with G LS, fitter said dead strait with 7.5 G400. We will see. I'll probably end up playing at 8.5 standard setting as I don't like hovering the club and can fight getting the face aligned correctly for all 18 holes when I mess with the loft settings but we will see. If it gives me an avg of 15 I'll probably attempt to hover again. Feel is great but I think is overrated for tournament players as performance trumps it every time. I "feel" great when I see my drives heading for the fairway or "feel" terrible when its headed towards trouble. Best of luck. Looking forward to comparing again before buying. Best way to describe my game is 135 is a stock 9 iron for me with 42* of loft can stretch it to 145 if needed but will go with soft 8 most of the time....use to be hard PW 10 years ago. My miss is a pull left when under pressure.

Last note avg SS 104 with G LS and 106 with G400LS. When fitted at same place for shaft last winter I was averaging 107 with G LS but I'm closing in on Senior status so maybe I've dropped 3mph over last 7 months....just hoping it was not as warmed up for this expieriment. I'd say I'm closer to 104 during actual play than the 107 though as I'm one who is only focusing on distance when indoors on a monitor. During play I care less about carry and 100% on accuracy....That's why I've played Ping since the G20 with a brief hiatus with the SLDR for about 5-6 months....lesson learned.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown. I def have the LS driver on my radar. My G30 LS beat out the G LS last year, but its in my backup bag now. Wouldn't mind having PING at the top again as I sometimes find myself missing the accuracy and ease of use.

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Ease of use...

I had a Ping G10 and G15 driver back when they were new and it made me lazy. They were so good it made me think I was better than I really was. I would hit towering tee shots and hit fairways at a high clip, so naturally I thought it was necessary to bring the flight/spin down. Since that G10 specifically I've never been as accurate and consistently long. I've had some success in spurts since then but the "ease of use" and repeatability has not been sustained with any other stick

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

got to hit the G400 9* turned down to 8* vs my current G LS at 8* today. With both playing at 8* and my 105-107 SS the current GLS was beating the reg G400 for me by about 5 yards with both very accurate. My G L's was spinning around 2000 and the G400 was around 2800 avg with its lowest at 2500 and a few 3000 in there. Great head for those looking for a little more spin but not good at all for me. SS was 2 mph faster in both test with the new heads.

When I hit the G400ls last week at 7.5 I was getting 1900 avg spin and more distance (15 yards and 5mph+ ball speeds) than my current set up (tested at 9* last week)and also 2mph SS inc. Obviously the LS is right for me and I believe most SS above 100 will see the LS more desirable while the 95 and under may prefer the reg G400. Just my guess but I'm not a fitter. Ping has 3 distinct models. One for the golfer who fights the slice SFT, the G400 for the player needing spin and max foregivness, and the LS for players who fight spinning it to much while still offering a very forgiving club but not quite the 400 level of moi.

I hit all clubs with my shaft fitted for last winter that has been great for dispersion and the shorting of the shaft to 44 3/4 has really helped with hitting the sweet spot 90% of the time. Good luck.

@myspinonit

Thanks for the further info. I like the feel of the KK XM, not sure which version is offerred by PING. At any rate, I have much better result with lightweight (50 gm. and less) and stiffer flex. Will wait for more info once the G400 is more available and more people tests them. Unfortunately, I'm in the minority of WRXers with low swing speed.

I hit all clubs with my shaft fitted for last winter that has been great for dispersion and the shorting of the shaft to 44 3/4 has really helped with hitting the sweet spot 90% of the time. Good luck.

I am currently using a 44.25 inch driver and am going up to 44.5. If only people understood a shorter shaft would lead to easier times on the course ...

@myspinonit

Thanks for the further info. I like the feel of the KK XM, not sure which version is offerred by PING. At any rate, I have much better result with lightweight (50 gm. and less) and stiffer flex. Will wait for more info once the G400 is more available and more people tests them. Unfortunately, I'm in the minority of WRXers with low swing speed.

You are welcome. The avg swingspeed I understand is 81 mph so I suspect there are more on here (or at least reading here) than one might think.