Robert Damron (remember him?) having a go at Justin Thomas

MattyO1984

Thomas is very easy to pick on with his spoiled brat demeanor throwing clubs and whining after every mishit but Damron might be picking a fight on the wrong topic, plenty of other material to work with. How old is Damron and why isnt he playing anywhere, or is he?

I remember a certain well known Multiple Major Champion who is now sidelined with an injury throwing his club down and kicking at it like a spoiled little brat. On the hallowed grounds of ANGC at that!! It would have been enough to make Veruca Salt cringe

So I think everyone should just reeeeeel it in just a little bit here.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas is very easy to pick on with his spoiled brat demeanor throwing clubs and whining after every mishit but Damron might be picking a fight on the wrong topic, plenty of other material to work with. How old is Damron and why isnt he playing anywhere, or is he?

I remember a certain well known Multiple Major Champion who is now sidelined with an injury throwing his club down and kicking at it like a spoiled little brat. On the hallowed grounds of ANGC at that!! It would have been enough to make Veruca Salt cringe

Thomas should win a pga tour event on the mainland before he starts the spoiled brat whiny phase of his career. To compare him to the attitude of a player who won 79 times including 14 majors is just a tiny bit off base.

I'm 44 and I don't play anymore. Retired 4 yrs ago

lol...Hey Rob what happened? Injury, putting woes, ball striking issues, lost interest, sex scandal? 44 is young enough to still cash in somewhere

lol...Hey Rob what happened? Injury, putting woes, ball striking issues, lost interest, sex scandal? 44 is young enough to still cash in somewhere

Driver yips and travel weary. No sex scandal that I can remember!

I hear ya. Never too late for that scandal, maybe stir it up with the pregnant Lauren Thompson in studio

The Bard said it best,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

much-ado-about-nothing-1-638.jpg?cb=1433699418

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

I hear ya. Never too late for that scandal, maybe stir it up with the pregnant Lauren Thompson in studio

Appreciate the advice!

hahahahahahahaha this is not real

Thomas should win a pga tour event on the mainland before he starts the spoiled brat whiny phase of his career. To compare him to the attitude of a player who won 79 times including 14 majors is just a tiny bit off base.

No it's not. In fact, I would suggest the player that has won 79 times to be held to a higher expectation of being able to hold it together out there.

Where and how many wins you have is of no relevance in this situation.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

I like Damron, but that could change with this kind of crap. He needs to STFU and stay out of another man's pants. I note he calls him "Uncle Arnie", and we know he grew up at Bay Hill the son of a super wealthy coal family. Seems he is confused about real world vs. the Orlando playground for the rich.

Damron- "Go pound salt".

My Dad is upper middle class, far from super wealthy.

It is my friend

I, for one, can't stand Damron...he is the epitome of out of touch, cheesy, middle aged, well-off guy who thinks his opinions carry weight. I don't respect his opinion one bit and I think he tries to make a name for himself on the Golf Channel by saying something like this or trying to be funny when he really isn't....it's cheesy comments one after another. It's your friends wedding...you can't pass that up....I'm sure if Arnie were still with us he would tell Justin the same thing and I'm sure Justin regrets not being able to play....stop thinking that just because JT is young it means he doesn't have respect for the King.

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

I, for one, can't stand Damron...he is the epitome of out of touch, cheesy, middle aged, well-off guy who thinks his opinions carry weight. I don't respect his opinion one bit and I think he tries to make a name for himself on the Golf Channel by saying something like this or trying to be funny when he really isn't....it's cheesy comments one after another. It's your friends wedding...you can't pass that up....I'm sure if Arnie were still with us he would tell Justin the same thing and I'm sure Justin regrets not being able to play....stop thinking that just because JT is young it means he doesn't have respect for the King.

I am a little cheesy!

Robert, what did Mr. Palmers grand children call him?

Dumpy

Robert, what did Mr. Palmers grand children call him?

Sam did anyway

I get you don't want to pass a friends wedding, and maybe I'm a little too close to the situation.

And of course I'm trying to make a name for myself on Golf Channel! How else would I keep my job?

I don't like what Damron did there.... Thomas is what, 23? Those kids he was with in college are important to him now and likely for life....

These ex players need to check themselves a bit....

Imagine what Bubba would say here. "Veterans can kiss my A**".

note: Veterans who played golf, not the REAL veterans that served their country.

Interesting.

What compelled you to join WRX all of the sudden?

I heard I was getting badmouthed over the JT tweet!

As you should have. You were clearly in the wrong.

You're probably right. It was meant more as a suggestion from one Ky golfer to another (Russ Cochran and Kenny Perry mentored me). I have a few regrets from my career and I was offering advice

I'm sure if Arnie was still here he'd tell JT to go celebrate with your friend, the tourney will be here next year.

Damron out of line.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I like Damron, but that could change with this kind of crap. He needs to STFU and stay out of another man's pants. I note he calls him "Uncle Arnie", and we know he grew up at Bay Hill the son of a super wealthy coal family. Seems he is confused about real world vs. the Orlando playground for the rich.

Damron- "Go pound salt".

My Dad is upper middle class, far from super wealthy.

It is my friend

opinions are opinions, i don't know why some of these guys are giving you such a hard time about you voicing yours.

I've never heard of Robert Damron and it wouldn't upset me if it stayed that way. He has all the makings of another annoying as h3ll shock journalist.

Could be the PGA Tour gave Justin a one week time out for the kindergarten behavior on the course this Sunday, bit let him save face by making up his own reason for sitting out.

Doubtful.

Fine? yeah probably. Suspension? conspiracy theory

More me wishing that's what the Tour would do for antics like that, and honestly I like Damron on morning drive. At least he's got some personality that doesn't seem contrived.

Maybe if you expounded a little on the idea that without Arnold's influence, JT would be slinging hash at some roadside diner, people might better see your side of the story. 140 characters X 2 or 3 just isn't enough room to properly crush another guys reputation without using mere suggestion and innuendo.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck