Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

If he was found in a stopped car on the side of the road, doesn't that negate the whole D of DUI?

Don't know how it is in FL, but in GA, if the keys are in the ignition of the car, and you're in the vehicle, even if it's parked, you can be charged with driving under the influence. There's the assumption that the vehicle has been moved/"operated".

Some place if the keys are in the car at all you can get dinged. If this is the case and you decide to sleep it off after the bar they say leaver you keys outside the car.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for the people celebrating the "He wasn't drinking!" angle, what is your theory on how this happened? He just mixed these meds for the first time that night? He was just recently prescribed something new and it didn't work with his other meds? How do you think this all went down?

Your body can have different reactions to the same medication on a day to day basis.

You can be perfectly fine when taking the stuff, and then be whacked out a short time later. Tomorrow, you could take the same dose and be just fine.

As Ive said in another answer, Ive watched a close family member have to deal with taking this very strong pain medication for issues in the past year...a lot of the same type of stuff Tiger is taking. You wouldnt believe the types of swings that can happen on a day to day basis.

That's exactly why it's illegal to drive on them at any time. I can't believe people are really trying to justify this.

You think its illegal to drive when taking prescription medications? lol

Im not trying to justify anything. Just explaining what I think is going on.

It's not? He got a dui for no reason?

No I have really heard it all.

He got a DUI because of the reaction to the medicine. Not because he took it.

I take a cocktail of Tramadol and muscle relaxers probably a couple times a week for four disc bulges between my thoracic and lumbar spine. Some days it hardly does anything, others I can't remember my boss's last name when I send off an email. Different effects happen based on what I eat, how hydrated I am etc. It doesn't surprise me at all that someone could have a reaction to the point to make someone drowsy.

It seems there are about 10 conflicting stories happening right now. The one from Fox reports he was parked, and asleep in the car. Not driving, no swerving, etc. Is it accurate? Dunno.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/30/tiger-woods-was-alone-during-dui-arrest-in-florida-court-records-show.html

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

I take a cocktail of Tramadol and muscle relaxers probably a couple times a week for four disc bulges between my thoracic and lumbar spine. Some days it hardly does anything, others I can't remember my boss's last name when I send off an email. Different effects happen based on what I eat, how hydrated I am etc.

Do you drive after taking those?

So for the people celebrating the "He wasn't drinking!" angle, what is your theory on how this happened? He just mixed these meds for the first time that night? He was just recently prescribed something new and it didn't work with his other meds? How do you think this all went down?

Your body can have different reactions to the same medication on a day to day basis.

You can be perfectly fine when taking the stuff, and then be whacked out a short time later. Tomorrow, you could take the same dose and be just fine.

As Ive said in another answer, Ive watched a close family member have to deal with taking this very strong pain medication for issues in the past year...a lot of the same type of stuff Tiger is taking. You wouldnt believe the types of swings that can happen on a day to day basis.

That's exactly why it's illegal to drive on them at any time. I can't believe people are really trying to justify this.

There's a difference between taking narcotics and driving vs taking narcotics and driving to the point of being impaired. Taking narcotics and driving is not illegal.

You are making yourself look really dumb at this point.

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)

Spider Tour X3

That isn't how it works but good try though

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

There's a difference between taking narcotics and driving vs taking narcotics and driving to the point of being impaired. Taking narcotics and driving is not illegal.

You are making yourself look really dumb at this point.

Lol. So how do they differentiate?

I don't care who you are... reciting the National Anthem BACKWARDS!!! GOAT! That might be his greatest accomplishment ever, and to think he did it passed out on painkillers, amazing! I can't even recite that song forwards, and I'm American. I hope I don't ever have to take the US Citizenship test.

From this USA Today article:

https://www.usatoday...lice/102305228/

"Woods told the officer he "takes several prescriptions."

After police explained instructions several times,
Woods was able to complete the task of reciting the national anthem backwards.
The officer wrote that Woods appeared, "Sluggish, sleepy, unable to walk alone.”

Woods, 41, is scheduled to be arraigned in Palm Beach County circuit court on July 5.

Woods claimed in a statement that the DUI arrest was the result of "an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications" and not due to the consumption of alcohol. Police didn't specify the chemical or substance that led to the DUI arrest."

I take a cocktail of Tramadol and muscle relaxers probably a couple times a week for four disc bulges between my thoracic and lumbar spine. Some days it hardly does anything, others I can't remember my boss's last name when I send off an email. Different effects happen based on what I eat, how hydrated I am etc.

Do you drive after taking those?

I don't, but I take them after I get to work in the morning. I am fortunate enough with a schedule that I can kind of lock myself down in one place when I take them. I don't have kids, my normal work day doesn't usually involve driving, etc. Could I drive? Probably. As a precaution and what I would consider a wise decision, I do not.

I don't think it's a wise decision by any means to be out driving, so I am not condoning it by any means, merely remarking that "there has to be more to the story" is far from the truth.

Spider Tour X3

Um...yeah, it kinda is "how it works".

Millions of people take prescription medication daily and drive without problems.

Millions of people have a beer or drink after work and drive home without problems.

I don't care who you are... reciting the National Anthem BACKWARDS!!! GOAT! That might be his greatest accomplishment ever, and to think he did it passed out on painkillers, amazing! I can't even recite that song forwards, and I'm American. I hope I don't ever have to take the US Citizenship test.

The officer wrote that Woods appeared, "Sluggish, sleepy, unable to walk alone.”

Woods, 41, is scheduled to be arraigned in Palm Beach County circuit court on July 5.

Woods claimed in a statement that the DUI arrest was the result of "an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications" and not due to the consumption of alcohol. Police didn't specify the chemical or substance that led to the DUI arrest.

And a new urban legend is born. That isn't what happened if you read the police report that is available online. He was asked to recite the alphabet backwards and when asked if he understood he responded that he was to recite the national anthem backwards. It took several explanations by the police before he fully understood and then he successfully recited the alphabet backwards according to the report.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

I'm starting another thread on this because I don't want it to get lost in other threads.

My best friend that I grew up with was staying with us a few years ago. He's one of the world's top Astrophysicists, so no dummy, and a pretty decent golfer. We were up fixing breakfast, and he was sitting around talking to us.

He got up heading to the door. I asked him where he was going, and he answered in about 1/3 normal speech speed, with slurred words. We had him sit back down, and asked more questions. In less than 30 seconds, we were calling 911. We thought he'd had a stroke. He thought he was normal, and said he was going to drive somewhere that didn't make any sense. We didn't have to restrain him, but he thought he was good to go. His eyes looked kind of llike Tiger's in the recent mug shot.

The EMS guys came, and decided to take him to the emergency room right away. Like us, they thought maybe he'd had a stroke too.

We called his Wife in Maryland, and she headed this way immediately for the little over four hour drive. I sat with him in the emergency room while they ran multiple tests on him.

About four and a half hours later, a little while after his Wife showed up, who was worried to death as you might expect, Harvey started coming around. In just a little while later, he was almost back to normal, and maybe 5-1/2 hours since the beginning of the episode, he seemed to be, and was, completely normal and clear headed again.

His Wife was able to come to an explanation. She asked Harvey what medications he had taken, and he told her. Then, all of a sudden, he realized that he had forgotten his glasses, leaving them back in Maryland before the trip, and wasn't sure.

They laid the pills out, and decided that the Ambien, which he hadn't been taking, was about the same size as one of the other medications that he had been taking.

Long story short, I'm giving Tiger the benefit on this one based on this experience, and the fact that they let him go on his own a few hours later. Especially if he passed a breathalyzer test, this is what happened.

Here was one of the most intelligent people in the world, in my house, in front of me, who had a very similar thing happen. My friend thought he was perfectly fine to go drive somewhere, and probably would have left in the car if we hadn't been there.

Anyone who has formed and opinion based on assumptions, I guess you know what that makes you.

I haven't posted on here in a long time, but figured there would be all sorts of chatter about it.

I wanted this to be the first post in this thread.

Have a good day,

Tom King

edited to add: If anyone knows how to contact Tiger, please have him contact me, or I can give him the contact info for my Scientist friend.

They say when it rains it pours. This situation is pushing category 5 territory though. How much worse can it get for Tiger at this point? Like the guy or not (big fan as I was 7 when he won the Masters for the first time and to me he is the dominant golf figure of my lifetime), I just hope he can stop the slide he's on. Even if he never reverses it to the point of playing again, continuing will definitely flirt with Prince territory as another poster mentioned. Come on Tiger, you're better than this. Turn this around...

Have a friend that had neck surgery and was prescribed a cocktail of pain meds. He found that his biggest issue was sleep, so he would skip taking his morning round of pills and save them all for right before bedtime to get through the night. One morning he calls me very groggy to come pick him up at the baseball field. He had somehow driven out there in the middle of the night and had no recollection of anything. He woke up at the wheel and his clothes were dirty which had us speculate he went out onto the field at some point. Not saying this happened to Tiger, but IMO something this drastic doesn't happen unless you use this stuff differently than prescribed. But that doesn't necessarily mean recreational use. It can just be someone thinking they can play pharamacist.

Woods claimed in a statement that the DUI arrest was the result of "an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications" and not due to the consumption of alcohol. Police didn't specify the chemical or substance that led to the DUI arrest.

And a new urban legend is born. That isn't what happened if you read the police report that is available online. He was asked to recite the alphabet backwards and when asked if he understood he responded that he was to recite the national anthem backwards. It took several explanations by the police before he fully understood and then he successfully recited the alphabet backwards according to the report.

Ah, okay. Well, I can recite the Alphabet forwards but I definitely can't do it backwards. And definitely can't do it on painkillers, after I just woke up, on the side of the road, at 2:03am in the morning. The 1997 Masters might be a greater accomplishment than that but it's a close second. He's still the GOAT.

Millions of people take prescription medication daily and drive without problems.

Millions of people have a beer or drink after work and drive home without problems.

Lol. I love the everyone does it justification. That definitely makes it ok. I hope your family never gets hurt by someone under theinfluence.

He (thought he) was coming from California and didn't know where he was? This story just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

We could all just stop guessing and see what the police, and then Woods, say ... but what fun would that be, right?

yep...CNN has taught us too well..........

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Woods claimed in a statement that the DUI arrest was the result of "an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications" and not due to the consumption of alcohol. Police didn't specify the chemical or substance that led to the DUI arrest."

The way I read the police report he misunderstood the instructions for the Romberg alphabet test, thinking he had to recite the National Anthem backwards. But that once he understood the instructions he correctly performed the test - it was probably either recite the alphabet backwards or recite the alphabet without signing from some arbitrary starting point. Anybody that could actually recite the National Anthem backwards on command is either some kind of savant or had practiced a bunch.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade SIM 18*, AD-IZ 7x

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S, +1/2"

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

Lol. I love the everyone does it justification. That definitely makes it ok. I hope your family never gets hurt by someone under theinfluence.

In terms of how the legal justice system sees it...they are completely different. Just because you want to call it the same, and says it's illegal, doesn't make it so.

Spider Tour X3

http://seniordriving.aaa.com/understanding-mind-body-changes/medical-conditions-medications/state-laws-medication-use-driving/

Dash cam footage later today

is that a joke

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

Just had surgery on my shoulder 2 months ago. They prescribed me pain meds. First thing the Doc told me was "don't drive while you're taking these." I used Uber to get around. Wasn't that difficult. Is there any reason to debate this any further?

And to me, that's where the error in judgment comes in. Though, I can say I've still driven while on meds. You figure, you can handle it, and then when you realize you can't, you're in a world of hurt.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

If he could recite the alphabet backwards, why did they arrest him for impairment. I feel like they should have given him a 6 month exemption from being arrested for DUI instead. That's really impressive.

In terms of how the legal justice system sees it...they are completely different. Just because you want to call it the same, and says it's illegal, doesn't make it so.

So again how does one differentiate between the two? Please enlighten us.