2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And no it's not illegal to take prescription meds and drive, but it is illegal if it somehows impairs your ability to drive safely. So why even risk it?

I don't care about the plethora of people that do it without harm. It's obvious that it can happen at any moment

Again.

Narcissists gonna narcissist

Rules or personal responsibility don't apply to me!

Are you for real? Honestly your posts and so all over the place it defies logic.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Chris Cornell said it was BS that famous people were glorified as beautiful talents nobody understood when they overdosed. People are in trouble and die every day from addiction and nobody notices. Most people are smart enough to know if you take strong stuff don't drive...I have no interest in debating whether he should be vindicated for his actions.

I'm slightly more interested in if/when Joey is gonna grab another bag and who it will be?!

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

FOR THE THIRD TIME: IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO TAKE PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION AND DRIVE.

Until someone proves it otherwise, those of you saying it is are talking out of your as--s

It's illegal to drive if the prescription drugs impair you. Being passed out at the wheel is strong evidence of impairment

It's the impairment part that makes drinking(or smoking or scripts) and driving illegal. Not necessarily just having a drink or a joint or whatever makes driving illegal.

Alcohol is really the only chemical, though, that has a legal limit (I think it's called a per se DUI where even if there's no evidence of impairment, you blow a .08 and it's a DUI). Some places have things for MJ, but iirc there still somewhat legally questionable as MJ stays in your system much longer than alcohol and doesn't have as clean a correlation to impairment

Until there is a law/laws that explicitly make the operating of a motor vehicle while "under the influence" of any/all prescription medication, no exceptions, you are going to have a blurred line and it is going to remain LEGAL to do so.

SO IN OTHER WORDS: TAKING PRESCRIBED MEDICATION AND DRIVING IS LEGAL.

Tiger is going to get a slap on the wrist, I can already see it. Not saying it's right or wrong or this or that, just calling it the way it is. IF THEY ARE HIS PRESCRIBED MEDICATIONS (as they must be or it would be a FELONY) he's going to get a crazy LENIENT reprimand here. Guaranteed. Sorry to say.

And again, for everyone here, I am no Tiger fanboy by a long shot.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Several shoppers said Smith "went crazy," saying, "I knew it, I knew it," the Web site said.

Smith then reportedly began crying, bought $5,000 worth of merchandise and left the store.

So it was a booty call and Tiger is now $5000 poorer. I wonder which store she hit next with his Master card.

Be careful, I got a warning for using the B word yesterday

TMZ's sources were already proven wrong once. The quotes about his girlfriend are likely bull too.

The GF story makes very little sense. She was in Dallas, which is an hour behind Florida. Neiman Marcus doesn't even open until 10. So that's 11 in Florida. So she was kept completely out of the loop until noon or so? Hadn't the story already broke by then?

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

The more details that come out, the more this reminds me of the scene from Wolf of Wall Street where Jordan Belfort thinks he made it home safely in his Lambo while slobbering on ludes. Only to see the aftermath later as he is taken to jail.

I remember we went to a "happy hour" that lasted 7 hours with no food and the next day we found out this one guy who lived in NJ went to Grand Central instead of Penn Station and woke up in Conn.

Here is my passive brag...when I was young and looked halfway decent, I would go get lit in a bar and tell some chick I was too drunk to drive and they should take me home. Worked like a charm ; )

He was found by police in a running car that he sat in the driver seat of, unconscious.he was awoken and observed to be incoherent and unable to perform basic field sobriety tests or even walk on his own. He was then arrested and later charged with DUI and he has, iirc, a july court date.

ZERO speculation necessary.

Which means nothing to the people following this thread...

Why was Tiger out at 3 AM?

Did he know how the pills would affect him?

Where was he going?

Etc...

So when it comes to Tiger Woods, suspend your humanity people!!

What would otherwise be a fairly natural inclination to curiosity is DISALLOWED when it comes to passed out tiger woods who thinks he;s returning from a California golf trip, can't find the nose on his face, and thinks "alphabet and "national anthem" are interchangeable.

DJ falls down the stairs and is forced to WD from the masters? Totally unsupported Speculation-APPROVED!

Mickelson cleared of wrong doing in insider trading case- Further Baseless accusations and speculation- APPROVED!

Tiger - REJECTED!!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Chris Cornell said it was BS that famous people were glorified as beautiful talents nobody understood when they overdosed. People are in trouble and die every day from addiction and nobody notices. Most people are smart enough to know if you take strong stuff don't drive...I have no interest in debating whether he should be vindicated for his actions.

I'm slightly more interested in if/when Joey is gonna grab another bag and who it will be?!

He likely makes way more on retainer from TW than he would on someone elses bag.

The more details that come out, the more this reminds me of the scene from Wolf of Wall Street where Jordan Belfort thinks he made it home safely in his Lambo while slobbering on ludes. Only to see the aftermath later as he is taken to jail.

I remember we went to a "happy hour" that lasted 7 hours with no food and the next day we found out this one guy who lived in NJ went to Grand Central instead of Penn Station and woke up in Conn.

Here is my passive brag...when I was young and looked halfway decent, I would go get lit in a bar and tell some chick I was too drunk to drive and they should take me home. Worked like a charm ; )

You ever make it out to Vegas let me know. I think we could have one hell of a time. :rofl:

Man the excuse making apologist are in full force! I love it.

So are the speculative critics.

He was found by police in a running car that he sat in the driver seat of, unconscious.he was awoken and observed to be incoherent and unable to perform basic field sobriety tests or even walk on his own. He was then arrested and later charged with DUI and he has, iirc, a july court date.

Absolutely correct! Did not and does not stop many from posting about alcohol and endangerment. We do not KNOW if or how long Woods drove while impaired. We know he was when the cop came upon him at the side of the road. Does he deserve the DUI? Hell yes. Did he get an unexpected reaction to pain meds that he had taken before? It sure sounds like it.

But the armchair docs on wrx have testified that they could tell, for certain, that he was blotto drunk in his booking picture. Not on meds-alcohol drunk. Others have testified that , again based on the picture, they can tell for certain that he is a habitual abuser of prescription meds.

He F'd up royally and thank goodness no one was hurt. He deserves whatever punishment the authorities see fit.

Is that too apologetic for you?

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

READ IT AND WEEP:

The behavioral effects of prescription medication vary widely, depending not just on the drug but on the person taking it. Some, like anti-anxiety drugs, can dull alertness and slow reaction time; others, like stimulants, can encourage risk-taking and hurt the ability to judge distances. Mixing prescriptions, or taking them with alcohol or illicit drugs, can exacerbate impairment and sharply increase the risk of crashing, researchers say.

875]
“In the past it was cocaine, it was PCP, it was
,” said Chuck Hayes of the International Association of Chiefs of Police. “Now we’re into this prescription drug era that is giving us a whole new challenge.”

875]
The police also struggle with the challenge of prosecuting someone who was taking valid prescriptions.

875]
“How do we balance between people who legitimately need their prescriptions and protecting the public?” said Mark Neil, senior lawyer at the National Traffic Law Center, which works with prosecutors. “It becomes a very delicate balance.”

Some states have made it illegal to drive with any detectable level of prohibited drugs in the blood. But setting any kind of limit for prescription medications is far more complicated, partly because the complex chemistry of drugs makes their effects more difficult to predict than alcohol’s. And determining whether a driver took drugs soon before getting on the road can be tricky, since some linger in the body for days or weeks.

http://www.nytimes.c.../25drugged.html

TIGER WILL SKATE, mark my words.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

DJ falls down the stairs and is forced to WD from the masters? Totally unsupported Speculation-APPROVED!

Mickelson cleared of wrong doing in insider trading case- Further Baseless accusations and speculation- APPROVED!

Tiger - REJECTED!!

Probably has something to do with how he was marketed to the golfing (and greater) world.

And the way in which he and his camp treated the mere mortals.

No one ever proclaimed "Phil or DJ will do more than any other man in history to change the course of humanity. … Or that they were the Chosen One. They'dl have the power to impact nations. Not people. Nations."

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

so let me just say i became more of a Jack fan just now with his GTFO look to the reporters asking him about tiger.... i can only imagine what he says under his breath.... good for you jack.. make them feel like peons for asking!!

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Absolutely correct! Did not and does not stop many from posting about alcohol and endangerment. We do not KNOW if or how long Woods drove while impaired. We know he was when the cop came upon him at the side of the road. Does he deserve the DUI? Hell yes. Did he get an unexpected reaction to pain meds that he had taken before? It sure sounds like it.

But the armchair docs on wrx have testified that they could tell, for certain, that he was blotto drunk in his booking picture. Not on meds-alcohol drunk. Others have testified that , again based on the picture, they can tell for certain that he is a habitual abuser of prescription meds.

He F'd up royally and thank goodness no one was hurt. He deserves whatever punishment the authorities see fit.

Yeah, when you actually have the stones to say we don't know IF he was driving a car. That exceeds any maniacal apologetic absurdity i could have even hoped for!

and "it sure sounds like" this was all just a unforseen reaction to taking the prescribed dose of all of his medications is at least as speculative as saying he's obviously an addict. The only distinction being you're on TEAM TIGER!!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Which means nothing to the people following this thread...

Why was Tiger out at 3 AM?

Did he know how the pills would affect him?

Where was he going?

Etc...

Right, we don't have answers to those questions. So any comments about them are pure speculation.

Yeah, when you actually have the stones to say we don't know IF he was driving a car. That exceeds any maniacal apologetic absurdity i could have even hoped for!

and if "it sure sounds like" this was all just a unforseen reaction to taking the prescribed dose of all of his medications is at least as speculative as saying he's obviously an addict. The only distinction being you're on TEAM TIGER!!

Have you ever taken medications? How fast can they hit you? I was saying we do not know if he drove while impaired. Have you ever driven sleepy? You night pull over as soon as you realize you should not be driving. But nah, it's Tiger so man the guillotine! But you are right in the last sentence by the way. Maybe the apologists and pitchfork wielders should tone down the rhetoric?

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

LMAO: For all the couch-prosecutors:

http://www.nytimes.c.../25drugged.html

Starting a post with "LMAO" and linking an article and photo where two people died in an accident? You're an insensitive, low life jackass , a royal POS, an immature sub-human.

Wow. Really?

Yeah...I'm "laughing" about deaths... :WTF: For your information, sir, I am laughing at all of the individuals here who are just so sure of their personal prosecutions and asinine (incorrect) assumptions about prescription meds. It's sophomoric, incoherent and absurd rambling by quite a few folks here. Sorry me bringing in some facts rubs you the wrong way.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

everyone is making it sound like a felony to be out at 3am...is it really that unusual for a 41 year old single celebrity billionaire to occasionally or even randomly be out at this hour? really? He owns a restaurant nearby, has a yacht nearby, has a family nearby, presumably has social contacts many or some who may be attractive women. There are many reasons he may have been out, especially for a guy who is a known insomniac. Sure its probably not something you want to do often but after further thought i don't think this is that unusual.

THIS IS THE WORST THREAD I HAVE EVER READ ON THIS SITE, and that is really saying something considering a slew of other threads lately. I sincerely hope a lock & clean is in order here, again. :lock: :busted_cop: :lock:

1. Fake news has really gotten out of hand (TMZ).

2. Tiger shouldn't have done what he did, it was illegal. At least no one was hurt, and it wasn't alcohol related.

3. Tiger should seek cease and desist orders for those outlets which didn't wait for any facts to come out before issuing their own verdicts (TMZ).

Why is everyone speculating whethere the man us an addict. We have no proof, a mugshot picture proves virtually nothing. Let's all chill out and see if there is a blood test with reliable data from which someone intelligent can draw a reasonable conclusion. Until then relax. (No, I am not a TW apologist). Not really a fan either, but this has gotten waayyyyy out of control.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

THIS IS THE WORST THREAD I HAVE EVER READ ON THIS SITE, and that is really saying something considering a slew of other threads lately. I sincerely hope a lock & clean is in order here, again. :lock: :busted_cop: :lock:

2. Tiger shouldn't have done what he did, it was illegal. At least no one was hurt, and it wasn't alcohol related.

3. Tiger should seek cease and desist orders for those outlets which didn't wait for any facts to come out before issuing their own verdicts (TMZ).

It's illegal, huh? Were you the cop that arrested him?

Try reading this Times article and re-think your theory.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/us/25drugged.html

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

This has now become a witch hunt, there's no news here. Guy was sleeping in his parked car and blew a 0.00000. The DUI charge won't even stick since he wasn't driving.

Today is a challenging time for TW haterz. They went to sleep last night thinking they had achieved their life-long goal in bringing down the man, only to be greatly disappointed this morning. I can't imagine how badly the haterz must feel right now, it's devastating. If you have any friends or family who are TW haterz (rare for haterz to have friends, but it's happens sometimes) please give them a call right now and make sure they are okay. If they mention any thoughts about suicide then please refer them to a suicide hotline or mental hospital ASAP.

Sorry, but you're wrong. He was operating a motor vehicle and was impaired. The fact the he wasn't impaired by alcohol means nothing. But what do I know, I'm just a cop.

FOR THE THIRD TIME: IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO TAKE PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION AND DRIVE.

Until someone proves it otherwise, those of you saying it is are talking out of your as--s

Correct, but if the prescription medication impairs your ability to drive by the slightest degree it is illegal and you will be charged with a DUI.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

Ehhh, it's not that bad, pretty much to be expected really. People who like tiger, people who don't, people sharing their views about DUIs, people providing amateurish legal opinions, it's all here.

All in all it's been pretty civil.

Haven't had time to read the entire thread but has anyone yet asked the question as to why he was driving a month after major surgery? This would not be part of the rehabilitation prescribed by his surgeon. I'm sure I recall Tiger himself commenting that he was going to be following his surgeon's advic assiduously not just the part about taking lots of painkillers...

Correct, but if the prescription medication impairs your ability to drive by the slightest degree it is illegal and you will be charged with a DUI.

Yeah, well all I'm trying to tell some here is that taking meds in and of themselves and driving is NOT ILLEGAL. At least you are someone here that can at least acknowledge that.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

But impaired driving is illegal. That's the case here.

Has there been a blood test released? Didn't the alcohol test released say he was all 00000?

Were you the cop that pulled him over and did the blood test?

What did his blood test allude to?

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP