Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Well if the public peers into your life and you are extremely embarrassed. Then you should be living your life differently.

I think the criticism of tiger was deserved, he walls himself off from the world, does things one shouldn't and then gets upset when his "image" is tarnished. No one likes a deceiver.

Im guessing his motive in life was to "take" from golf as much as he could and then not give back. He takes from everyone and then expects privacy.

And I am actually a tiger Fan.

Except he does give a lot back through golf via his foundation and charity contributions. He doesn't owe golf anything, he made golf what it is today. And anyone who is scrutinized on a daily basis as much as him would shut the world out too and withdraw into themselves as it creates a sense of privacy...The one thing he doesn't and can't really ever have unless he is home. I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes, he obviously has but has also admitted to them when he was in the wrong. The difference is everyone is harder on him because of who he is. I've seen married golf club members fool around with waitresses in the parking lot while their wife was golfing and wives sleeping with the tennis pro while the husband is at work. Both of which are well known to staff, members, etc. and yet everyone will say, "John is a good guy; Julie is such a nice person, blah blah". But Tiger does something and it's "What a Jerk, he should pay for what he did, etc." Celebrities are people just like everyone else and they all have their own issues. The difference is they can hide it due to people on their payroll who are hired to cover stuff up for them. Charles Barkley, another one....well known philanderer...but everyone around town here goes on about what a cool and genuinely nice guy he is, they love CB. It's not fair to judge someone by their mistakes, but judge them by who they are on a daily basis.

Tiger put his life and the life of others at risk driving under the influence, that doesn't compare to a parking lot fling (which he's done as well). People need to be held accountable for their actions, mistakes and poor judgement.

I don't want to see him go to jail, losing his license for at least a year, 100 hours of community service and a healthy fine is sufficient.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the public peers into your life and you are extremely embarrassed. Then you should be living your life differently.

I think the criticism of tiger was deserved, he walls himself off from the world, does things one shouldn't and then gets upset when his "image" is tarnished. No one likes a deceiver.

Im guessing his motive in life was to "take" from golf as much as he could and then not give back. He takes from everyone and then expects privacy.

Except he does give a lot back through golf via his foundation and charity contributions. He doesn't owe golf anything, he made golf what it is today. And anyone who is scrutinized on a daily basis as much as him would shut the world out too and withdraw into themselves as it creates a sense of privacy...The one thing he doesn't and can't really ever have unless he is home. I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes, he obviously has but has also admitted to them when he was in the wrong. The difference is everyone is harder on him because of who he is. I've seen married golf club members fool around with waitresses in the parking lot while their wife was golfing and wives sleeping with the tennis pro while the husband is at work. Both of which are well known to staff, members, etc. and yet everyone will say, "John is a good guy; Julie is such a nice person, blah blah". But Tiger does something and it's "What a Jerk, he should pay for what he did, etc." Celebrities are people just like everyone else and they all have their own issues. The difference is they can hide it due to people on their payroll who are hired to cover stuff up for them. Charles Barkley, another one....well known philanderer...but everyone around town here goes on about what a cool and genuinely nice guy he is, they love CB. It's not fair to judge someone by their mistakes, but judge them by who they are on a daily basis.

Tiger put his life and the life of others at risk driving under the influence, that doesn't compare to a parking lot fling (which he's done as well). People need to be held accountable for their actions, mistakes and poor judgement.

I don't want to see him go to jail, losing his license for at least a year, 100 hours of community service and a healthy fine is sufficient.

I agree people should be held accountable for their actions 100%...however, if he is indeed telling the truth and it was a reaction to medication it's a different story. If someone has a reaction to a medication while driving and cause an accident, as unfortunate as that may be, I wouldn't fault the driver. I would however expect them to stop taking said medication in the future prior to driving and take the proper precautions. If this happens again, then yes I agree he should lose the license and do community service. But love it or hate it...we are all innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not a golf forum.

Driver: PXG Black Ops TenseiAV Raw White 65x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: Srixon MKII 18* MMT 105x
Irons: Srixon Zx7 MKII Project X 6.5
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

Charles Barkley has never been married.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Way too much media coverage for what happened. The actual incident was not really news until the speculation by every news caster in America decided to put in their opinion. This is just one example on too many 24/7 news stations and not enough news to fill all that. Tiger just got caught in the 'gotcha' news mentality. JMHO

Bettinardi BB8 Reserve 300 pcs. 33"

Byron Morgan 615 33"

Actually you should google Maureen Blumhardt

I agree people should be held accountable for their actions 100%...however, if he is indeed telling the truth and it was a reaction to medication it's a different story. If someone has a reaction to a medication while driving and cause an accident, as unfortunate as that may be, I wouldn't fault the driver. I would however expect them to stop taking said medication in the future prior to driving and take the proper precautions. If this happens again, then yes I agree he should lose the license and do community service. But love it or hate it...we are all innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not a golf forum.

I don't believe this is his first time using pain meds and Ambien, if it is, I'll agree to cut him some slack (though he still should have read the warnings).

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I doubt it's his first time as well.....again, well known to not sleep and back surgery....however, all I'm saying is it could be the first time this reaction occurred and I would expect him to be more careful going forward.

Whatever.

If we were all golf gods with billionaire status we would be doing far worse things. Give the big cat a break!

I'm all for Tiger getting a break if indeed he deserves a break. Not enough information to really know at this point.

That said and point blank in response to your comment ...No, we wouldn't. That line of thinking and attempt to justify what by appearances might be wrong behavior by anyone is just plain cynical. I have a bit more faith in humanity than that I guess. Naturally, if you would care to speak for yourself of course that is another thing, but in all fairness, it's unrealistic to think you are able to be able to speak for "us all".

You don't need to be a famous golfer with lots of money to cheat on your wife, break up you marriage and party in your 40's. Plenty of poor unknown people act like Tiger and plenty of Rich famous people choose not to do these things.

Barkley was never married. I often think the one thing Tiger did wrong was get married. The world loves a playboy, and that could have easily been his image. He could have settled down in his 50's.

Do you think that is a typical penalty?

Do you think that is a typical penalty?

I don't know how the laws work in Florida but that would be pretty typical in NY.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Whatever.

If we were all golf gods with billionaire status we would be doing far worse things. Give the big cat a break!

I'm all for Tiger getting a break if indeed he deserves a break. Not enough information to really know at this point.

That said and point blank in response to your comment ...No, we wouldn't. That line of thinking and attempt to justify what by appearances might be wrong behavior by anyone is just plain cynical. I have a bit more faith in humanity than that I guess. Naturally, if you would care to speak for yourself of course that is another thing, but in all fairness, it's unrealistic to think you are able to be able to speak for "us all".

You don't need to be a famous golfer with lots of money to cheat on your wife, break up you marriage and party in your 40's. Plenty of poor unknown people act like Tiger and plenty of Rich famous people choose not to do these things.

Barkley was never married. I often think the one thing Tiger did wrong was get married. The world loves a playboy, and that could have easily been his image. He could have settled down in his 50's.

Completely agree. Wouldn't surprise me if in part he was encouraged into it by his father and business team to enhance his image and endorsement value.

If you look at the rims and tires, he obviously hit a curb or median at a fairly high rate of speed and was probably pretty close to where they found him. You don't drive very far with both left tires blown out and rims bent like that. My guess is that he hit something hard, which scared the crap out of him, and he pulled over. Just wasn't coherent enough to get out of the car before he passed out.

Question I have is where was he going at 3:00AM and heading away from his house, which was roughly 10 miles away, and at what time were the meds taken? I don't know how long it takes to have that kind of effect but can only assume that they were taken 30-60 min prior to the incident. Just doesn't make sense to me to pop a couple of pills at home at 2:00AM and then jump in the car for as short cruise. Something is missing.

You got me there. I've never even heard of her, always thought he was single.

Edit: Although, I fail to see how that excuses what he did. Maybe people don't look down on Barkley because it's not quite common knowledge that he is married(or at least as much of common knowledge that Woods was married). Heck, I didn't know and I'm a huge basketball fan. He also had a completely different image than Woods with the whole "I am not a role model" deal as a bad boy, compared to Woods much cleaner image(or at least what used to be a cleaner image). So, that's why it's hard for me and probably others to see the parallels between them.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

She lives in a separate house but on his property so he can "fool around" in his own house.

At your own risk..............I kid I kid :read:

Coming up on msnbc,

"Are opioids the new tobacco?"

Or will cannabis overtake both?

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Whatever.

You don't need to be a famous golfer with lots of money to cheat on your wife, break up you marriage and party in your 40's. Plenty of poor unknown people act like Tiger

You rang?

Coming up on msnbc,

Or....."Coming up next....Is Trump's rhetoric to blame for Tiger's actions?"

Golf born 1996 died 2017... good to know

Make fun all you want...there is a reason the purses exploded when he showed up along with ratings, sponsors, etc.

Make fun all you want...there is a reason the purses exploded when he showed up along with ratings, sponsors, etc.

yeah its called cable tv and satellite expansion. Did tiger cause the MLB, NFL,NBA,NHL tv deals to sky rocket/explode as well coincidentally during the same time period? Purses would have been exactly the same with or without him. He affected off course money for players and ratings at certain events of course.

Coming up on msnbc,

Or....."Coming up next....Is Trump's rhetoric to blame for Tiger's actions?"

Im sweeping, cnn to fox to msnbc.

Switching channels between sets of bench press and lateral raises.

So I can be swole like TW

Then, I go eat and get drunk! But dont worry, there a killer italian place couple blocks away.

So I will take Uber ; )

yeah its called cable tv and satellite expansion. Did tiger cause the MLB, NFL,NBA,NHL tv deals to sky rocket/explode as well coincidentally during the same time period? Purses would have been exactly the same with or without him. He affected off course money for players and ratings at certain events of course.

:russian_roulette: You're right, he did nothing for golf.