2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

I have the utmost of respect for police and law enforcement. For the most part, they do an unbelievable amount of good at great risk to themselves for our benefit and protection. Thank you to all police and their support staff for all they do.

This dash cam video should never have been released. It serves no purpose except to humiliate Tiger. But what it really does is tarnish the image of the police in Jupiter. It is obvious to even a 10 year old that Tiger needed medical attention, not 30 minutes of sobriety tests. 3 minutes was enough for anyone, especially a trained police officer to see Tiger was in physical danger. I am very upset that the officer involved continued his self serving testing of Tiger without concern for Tiger's health and safety and even more disgusted at this video even being released. There was NO PURPOSE to show the public this video. It may initially seem to shame Tiger, but it really shames the law enforcement community.

I don't get it. Are you saying the video shouldn't have been released because it shows law enforcement doing their job poorly? Even more reason to release it, imo.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the utmost of respect for police and law enforcement. For the most part, they do an unbelievable amount of good at great risk to themselves for our benefit and protection. Thank you to all police and their support staff for all they do.

This dash cam video should never have been released. It serves no purpose except to humiliate Tiger. But what it really does is tarnish the image of the police in Jupiter. It is obvious to even a 10 year old that Tiger needed medical attention, not 30 minutes of sobriety tests. 3 minutes was enough for anyone, especially a trained police officer to see Tiger was in physical danger. I am very upset that the officer involved continued his self serving testing of Tiger without concern for Tiger's health and safety and even more disgusted at this video even being released. There was NO PURPOSE to show the public this video. It may initially seem to shame Tiger, but it really shames the law enforcement community.

This "shames law enforcement? Pure insanity. Tiger isn't above the law. He's not set above anyone else simply because he's secured the adoration of myopic followers. These video's are produced by law enforcement, a public entity, the video's are a matter of public record. In some cases, a court will order some evidence withheld from public view for a time for a variety of reasons. Not on the list of reasons is protecting a celebrity from the embarrassment that results from their own actions.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

By the 25 minute mark of the field sobriety test I was expecting them to have Tiger do the hokey pokey

Hey now, that's a tradition started during the Hayden Fry years at the U of I after a big win - let's not blaspheme it! ;-)

I wonder which the current Hawkeye Roster is less familiar with. The Hokey Pokey, or Big wins.

;)

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

What you fail to note is LE is not who decides what is released. They are guided by the FOIA enacted by the legislatures and investigative material such as that falls under releasable material without question. It is not a choice they make, it is following the law and that does not matter if it is Joe Blow or Tiger Woods.

Secondly, that officer did his job and what you saw was a complete standardized DUI investigation just as the courts expect to demonstrate probable cause did exist for the arrest. There was nothing I saw to show he was in need of medical attention, just highly impaired. These are situation LE deals with commonly, it is a criminal matter at that point and not a medical issue.

There is no reason the video shouldn't have been shown. Tiger himself complimented the police himself on their level of professionalism. Nothing I saw had the police treating Tiger unfairly or differently than anyone else would have been treated. Was the video embarrassing for Tiger? Yes, but not showing it potentially exacerbates the problem. With the video out there I would think Tiger is less likely to put himself in the same situation versus if the video was never shown. Hiding the video just makes the problem worse and gives Tiger preferential treatment for a situation that he is 100% responsible for. When putting others' lives in danger no preferential treatment should be given.

The videos were shocking on out of it he was. Did not realise painkillers were so strong, having never taken anything stronger than ibuprofen. No way he should have been any where near a car like that.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

By the 25 minute mark of the field sobriety test I was expecting them to have Tiger do the hokey pokey

Hey now, that's a tradition started during the Hayden Fry years at the U of I after a big win - let's not blaspheme it! ;-)

I wonder which the current Hawkeye Roster is less familiar with. The Hokey Pokey, or Big wins.

;)

Boom!

The videos were shocking on out of it he was. Did not realise painkillers were so strong, having never taken anything stronger than ibuprofen. No way he should have been any where near a car like that.

It's possible that he wasn't even aware that he made the decision to drive. If he was also using Ambien or something similar, he could have been sleep walking and driving. Add in pain meds and you got a real mess. He sounded zombie like.

I know some folks are criticizing the video release, but that's how the FOIA law works. I also think it's good, because if he has an addiction problem, which certainly is possible, with his friends and family seeing it, it's going to be tough for him to sweep the issue under the rug.

I haven't been a Tiger fan for many years, but man I'm pulling for him now to get healthy both physically and mentally.

I hope his back is still OK. Supposedly it was good or at least OK before this mishap, but what did cracking two tires and rims (presumably on a curb) driver-side, and the awkward positions resulting from passing out, then being hand-cuffed for an hour or two do to it? None of that is part of the prescribed healing process, I imagine.

So, just exactly what kind of medical attention is it you speak of that Tiger needed? I watched the whole thing and at no time was he distressed, dyspneic, cyanotic, etc. He sounds and acts just like a zillion other people who show up on these police dash cam videos, intoxicated, incoherent and unsteady.

I for one am happy that the police in Jupiter did their job. Imagine if they did a shoddy, brief roadside sobriety test. That would reflect poorly on them and that would really tarnish their image.

I'm sorry that you are so upset and offended, but there can be no sacred cows when a potential criminal activity is suspected.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

I will go out on a limb here and agree with some of what you're saying. Whether it's standard procedure or not to release the videos, it's obviously different in cases of high profile people, it becomes more of a spectacle, and rightly so. There are no excuse for his actions. With that said, I can agree that in these situations, LE should be trained well enough to know that something is really wrong and while he should face a judge, he should get some medical help immediately, if in fact, their first job it to protect the people. In those moments, there is no way of knowing what toxins are in that persons system and it could be a very dangerous, time sensitive, situation. Get the guy in the car and get him some help, this should go for anyone who is highly impaired. Get them some help, then prosecute/punish. I don't want to see this side of Tiger, but he is human, I am just glad he did not hurt anyone or himself.

Titleist TSR2 10* GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 3H  Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless 34"

I will go out on a limb here and agree with some of what you're saying. Whether it's standard procedure or not to release the videos, it's obviously different in cases of high profile people, it becomes more of a spectacle, and rightly so. There are no excuse for his actions. With that said, I can agree that in these situations, LE should be trained well enough to know that something is really wrong and while he should face a judge, he should get some medical help immediately, if in fact, their first job it to protect the people. In those moments, there is no way of knowing what toxins are in that persons system and it could be a very dangerous, time sensitive, situation. Get the guy in the car and get him some help, this should go for anyone who is highly impaired. Get them some help, then prosecute/punish. I don't want to see this side of Tiger, but he is human, I am just glad he did not hurt anyone or himself.

Law enforcement personnel ARE well enough trained to recognize when someone needs medical attention. It's 3AM in Jupiter Florida on a holiday weekend. I guarantee you that Tiger wasn't the most wasted person those two officers saw that night, and I guarantee you that if Tiger needed medical attention he would've received medical attention immediately. I really don't understand the constant criticism of LE personnel here. They did everything exactly right.

Law enforcement personnel ARE well enough trained to recognize when someone needs medical attention. It's 3AM in Jupiter Florida on a holiday weekend. I guarantee you that Tiger wasn't the most wasted person those two officers saw that night, and I guarantee you that if Tiger needed medical attention he would've received medical attention immediately. I really don't understand the constant criticism of LE personnel here. They did everything exactly right.

That's a lot of "guarantees" for something you really don't have all the information on... I'm not knocking LE, my BIL is a police officer and I have a lot of friends that are, if anything I am on their side first. Does that mean I think they do everything right?? FFS, no. We have seen many stories of "well trained" LEOs who have made historically awful decisions in the moment. I am not saying they did that here, all I am saying is, it's possible and it doesn't take a genius to realize this guy is in no shape to be anywhere but in a safe cell being evaluated ASAP. Driving from FL to LA Orange county (or whatever he said) is a pretty good indicator this dude is in outer space. It could have been ended sooner is all I am saying. I'm not claiming I know how to be a LEO, it's just my opinion, I don't think medical attention was unnecessary is all.

That's a lot of "guarantees" for something you really don't have all the information on... I'm not knocking LE, my BIL is a police officer and I have a lot of friends that are, if anything I am on their side first. Does that mean I think they do everything right?? FFS, no. We have seen many stories of "well trained" LEOs who have made historically awful decisions in the moment. I am not saying they did that here, all I am saying is, it's possible and it doesn't take a genius to realize this guy is in no shape to be anywhere but in a safe cell being evaluated ASAP. Driving from FL to LA Orange county (or whatever he said) is a pretty good indicator this dude is in outer space. It could have been ended sooner is all I am saying. I'm not claiming I know how to be a LEO, it's just my opinion, I don't think medical attention was unnecessary is all.

no comment necessary

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

"Their job is to protect people". It is indeed. They were protecting the law abiding people of Jupiter against criminal activity. The criminal was Tiger Woods. They were protecting people against Tiget Woods. They did their job, Woods needed no medical attention to protect his life. He was hammered, completely wasted. He was a danger to society.

"Their job is to protect people". It is indeed. They were protecting the law abiding people of Jupiter against criminal activity. The criminal was Tiger Woods. They were protecting people against Tiget Woods. They did their job, Woods needed no medical attention to protect his life. He was hammered, completely wasted. He was a danger to society.

LOL at this.. Protecting people against a guy pulled over by the side of the road. Well done cops. You saved so many lives waking Tiger Woods up from his prescription drug mishap. Thank you for saving them from the despicable criminal sleeping in his Nike t-shirt and shorts.

I made a comment above but did not criticize police, I asked a question as to when an officer calls in for a medic. I agree that Tiger could possibly have needed med attention, however everyone seems to keep pointing to pain killers and I can offer an alterative that would have manifested itself in a similar way..

Tiger is a 41 year old black man with a family history of among other things, diabetes. During these back surgeries steroids are often prescribed as anti inflamitories (not anabolic). These steroids, while decreasing swelling will also cause blood sugar to raise significantly in those who are even borderline. Perhaps till that point he was keeping his sugar in check with diet and exercise... post surgery, he's sent home on Medrol and to keep the sugars down (because high blood sugar significantly impedes the bodies ability to heal) he's prescribed a medication such as Glucophage etc. which will help get him through the 1-2 month tapering steroid regiment.

Perhaps the steroids completed, he still took the anti-diabetic meds, and his sugar tanked.... Which will give you all of the wasted symptoms you witnessed. If this was in fact the case, Tigers muscle mass and thus his increased glycogen stores could have saved his life...

Now this is all just conjecture.. But I have a friend who was beat up, had his arm broken, and was arrested by police due to him having a diabetic episode related to low blood sugar... So no, sometimes police don't realize they're looking at a medical condition.

No knock on LEO's at all, but it takes medical professionals years to learn to rapidly assess accurately. There was no evidence of drugs or alcohol at the scene, and Tiger admitted he was on medications but obviously he was having some issues, who knows what the interactions could be..

Also in the police report there's several referrals to tiger consenting to various things, such as a urine test.. He didn't seem to be in any condition to consent to anything from the video's I saw.

Fake outrage. Lionstar unclear on the concepts involved here. Getting close to restricted territory here, but bet lionstar would have a different view if he had been illegally detained or otherwise mistreated by authorities.

And, no, of course I'm not saying that is the case with tiger. They did an awesome job, especially considering the land mines that exist with an uber celebrity arrest.

Yeah, like I said earlier. He's at fault, no doubt. Doesn't make his safety any less important imo, but with the comments here you'd think he deserves the electric chair. AGAIN, I am glad no innocent people were hurt, it could have been much worse. Even though self inflicted, I just think he could have been taken off the road And into safety/health monitoring a little sooner. We don't know for sure that the officers knew at the time what he was under the influence of and a lot of times it takes very little time for things to go wrong..

Disclaimer: for those of you that are butt hurt by differing opinions, again, the is just mine.

A lot of this thread shows why it's hard to win as a police officer .

If anyone cares, you can look at my post history and see I'm a Tiger supporter if anything.

Even in this case, and with a small history with Ambien myself, I certainly believe Tiger was probably

Incapable of making a rational decision to drive that night. Does not excuse, or release him from any responsibility in my mind,

but more explains that difficult to watch video(s).

It certainly seems the officers were courteous. To me it seemed they had to go through a ridiculous amount of prescribed procedures to protect themselves before placing Tiger in custody. Hell, when he was trying to tie his shoes it would have been enough to put him in the backseat to me.

They have to protect themselves, and in the instant gratification and instant "gotcha" culture, releasing the videos is just part of business today.

The only problem I have with the release of these videos was NOT blocking the phone number and name of the women Tiger put forward to pick up his car. The rest of the videos are a sad reminder of consequences of one's actions, and could likely have some positive outcome on the dangers that accompany some of these meds even with their benefits

yup thats what i said... give your head a shake.

Martin Kaymer disagrees, I'll take his viewpoint.

Without Tiger The Golf Channel would have folded before 2000.

In that case I hate Tiger even more. TGC is absolutely rotten. No personality, horrible content, perpetuating golf myths of yesteryear and giving Tiger publicity. "He's close." Is that so Michael Breed? Tiger's closer to MJ level infamy than he is to competing again. Eugh.

The only problem I have with the release of these videos was NOT blocking the phone number and name of the women Tiger put forward to pick up his car. The rest of the videos are a sad reminder of consequences of one's actions, and could likely have some positive outcome on the dangers that accompany some of these meds even with their benefits

And initially they didn't block Tiger's address as well. I'm surprised the media wasn't camped outside his property or the jail trying to get a statement from him. Similar to Isleworth.

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini