2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great posts, Medic. Agreed, Richard. I read that it will take a couple of weeks to get the results of the urinalysis. Will these results also be in the public domain, FOI available?

As I understand it, here in Florida such exam results are but a request away.

The media has probably already asked for them. No doubt Tiger's "handlers" are doing all sorts of damage control here and the more transparent and open they are about the whole thing the less likely the press will start making things up.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I was asked about Narcan (Naloxone) for this situation.

It is a "narcotic antagonist" and renders Opioids dead on arrival. We administer it to Heroin overdoses and the patient literally wakes completely up in seconds. So, in short, had Tiger taken Narcan it would have helped to counter any pain meds founded on Opiates.

But....

We don't administer it unless a patient is unresponsive.

What is really amazing about Narcan is how it stimulates the breathing centers of the brain. This is what kills overdose victims in many cases - they stop breathing. The Narcan stimulates the breathing centers so well - I have given it to patients in flatline and had them start "trying to" breath for a few seconds until it wears off. So long as good CPR is going on it will do what it will do.

Our old protocols considered anyone unresponsive (coded out qualifies) to receive Narcan. We don't do it as much anymore because frankly it has gotten really expensive since everyone on Heroin is now buying it. (Used to be about $14 a dose and is now almost $100) But it is an amazing medication. Tiger just didn't qualify to receive it.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Before I go into this reply I have to thank the Mods for their work - especially on this incredibly active and controversial thread. Theirs is a thankless but necessary job.

Much like the LEOs out there. The officer(s) who took Tiger into custody were simply doing their jobs. He, himself, actually thanked them for their courtesy and professionalism. Anyone who sees the officer's actions as anything other than doing their jobs simply doesn't "get it". Those officers didn't write the laws they are sworn to uphold. Here in Florida if you are in the car with access to the keys to it and you are under the influence of anything, it is considered DUI. Moving or not. Napping or not. Those officers knew going into this whole thing that it had a lot of potential for bad International press. Talk about job-related stress.

Kudos to those (and all) officers (including the Mods here) for doing a thankless job that many simply do not clearly understand. And shame on anyone who takes that protection for granted.

Good post. Not only do the officers know that with a celebrity figure like Tiger that there will be tremendous scrutiny/public attention, but also potential legal liability if they screw up. As such, they followed protocol and adhered to policy, which exists as it does mostly because of case law. There's not a whole lot of discretion in it. If you don't like the way the police handled this situation and think things should be different, your best bet is to take up the issue with your local representative from your state's legislature.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

yup thats what i said... give your head a shake.

Martin Kaymer disagrees, I'll take his viewpoint.

Without Tiger The Golf Channel would have folded before 2000.

In that case I hate Tiger even more. TGC is absolutely rotten. No personality, horrible content, perpetuating golf myths of yesteryear and giving Tiger publicity. "He's close." Is that so Michael Breed? Tiger's closer to MJ level infamy than he is to competing again. Eugh.

TGC now is terrible. Really bad. In the early 2000's it was a really great.

^^^^

A guy who had driven at least 10 miles from his home completely blacked out.

You don't know that, Tiger might not even know that. There's no way the dude in that video drove ten miles. None. I'd bet a lot of money something hit him hard while he was already driving.

LOL you'd bet a lot of money on a bet that could never be won or lost. Such boldness!

if 1 is sober tiger and 10 is " I can't tie my shoes" Tiger, where was he on that scale when he hit the curb or whatever it was?

And what kind of sorcerer potion did he consume, the Sober.....sober......sober.....sober....I-can't-feel-my-face! all in 10 miles super potion?

And you're saying he took whatever pills or combo of pills and then consciously decided to drive ahead of the full effects? There goes the he didn't know what he was doing narrative.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

What I'm saying is we don't know the details of what happened, and I'm one of those weird dudes who likes to get the full story and facts before I cast any judgement. Unlike you I don't derive pleasure from seeing other people at their worst. There is no doubt he was driving when he shouldn't be but we don't know how he got to that point.

I have never taken pain or sleeping pills. I don't know how they affect people other than what I can read online and I imagine they affect different people in different ways.

What I do know is that I have had random things absolutely destroy me for no apparent reason. I have pretty bad allergies in the spring and summer but can usually tough it out without taking anything. One day a few years ago I was cutting the grass, something I've done hundreds of times, and felt totally normal. 3/4 of the way through in the course of about 30 seconds I went from normal to completely fubarred, to the point I was throwing up for ten minutes and then had the absolute worst headache of my life for the rest of the evening and it hurt to even open my eyes. To this day I do everything the same, and it has never happened again. I do get headaches sometimes from allergies but nothing even approaching that day. So, what was different about that day?

Maybe something like that is what happened to Tiger. I hope one day we find out, but I suspect we either won't, or people won't believe it anyway.

It is a "narcotic antagonist" and renders Opioids dead on arrival. We administer it to Heroin overdoses and the patient literally wakes completely up in seconds. So, in short, had Tiger taken Narcan it would have helped to counter any pain meds founded on Opiates.

But....

What is really amazing about Narcan is how it stimulates the breathing centers of the brain. This is what kills overdose victims in many cases - they stop breathing. The Narcan stimulates the breathing centers so well - I have given it to patients in flatline and had them start "trying to" breath for a few seconds until it wears off. So long as good CPR is going on it will do what it will do.

Our old protocols considered anyone unresponsive (coded out qualifies) to receive Narcan. We don't do it as much anymore because frankly it has gotten really expensive since everyone on Heroin is now buying it. (Used to be about $14 a dose and is now almost $100) But it is an amazing medication. Tiger just didn't qualify to receive it.

Thanks for adding a lot of info. I deal with these scenarios after they get dropped off. Sometimes they sleep it off, sometimes they buy a vent and a little bit of the MJ sauce... (I've come to nickname the B-52 the Cosby now as well... )

I start at the worst case scenario end and work backwards... Usually that can be scaled back quickly but sometimes not... I see you're point and obviously we're just spit balling because we don't know all the facts, but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't something more to this... My point I guess is just to caution the whole doped up irresponsible jerk narrative. That may very well be the case, but then again maybe not.

I have seen some crazy reactions from ortho patients post op when mixing seemingly benign non opiod med cocktails... And a few gems from sleeping meds... But it takes a special kind of reaction to do that... I've seen some crazy s*** from peeps on MOI's too, those can make you trip balls if combined with the wrong stuff, meds, supplements, even some foods... I had 1 guy come in on MOI's who was watching baseball on TV after work, next thing you know hes running through the woods in back of his house trying to catch his spirit animal...

^^^^

You don't know that, Tiger might not even know that. There's no way the dude in that video drove ten miles. None. I'd bet a lot of money something hit him hard while he was already driving.

If we are to believe TW, he had driven about 2,650 miles from his golf tournament in LA. I'll toss him the benefit of the doubt and give him the 10 miles from his house to his accident scene.

^^^^

If we are to believe TW, he had driven about 2,650 miles from his golf tournament in LA. I'll toss him the benefit of the doubt and give him the 10 miles from his house to his accident scene.

Was a lot of brake dust.

Plus, have we ever seen the evidence photos of the cars interior?

Could be a coast to coast evidence trail.

Pinks hot dog reciept, chips from vegas, texas rangers hat, lsu sorority party cup,taco bell 10 pack box from miami,

And back home.

Almost made it too.

^^^^

Was a lot of brake dust.

Pinks hot dog reciept, chips from vegas, texas rangers hat, lsu sorority party cup,taco bell 10 pack box from miami,

And back home.

Almost made it too.

And who can eat a 10 pack of taco's without a ambien/oxy chaser?

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

^^^^

Was a lot of brake dust.

And back home.

Almost made it too.

I know a guy, he will be my expert witness, should TW elect to appoint me as his defense counsel, of course.

But, I have to find the guy.

Havent seen him since college when he was going to a dead show and never came back.

But....

Yes, Narcotic reversal would not be used unless the patient was unresponsive. Benzodiazepines like Ambien can also be reversed with Flumazenil but again not used unless he was unresponsive. I’m not sure what the protocol is for someone who has taken both opiates and benzos. The opiate OD would be the more serious condition. At any rate mixing any of these is very dangerous. Do you know if both reversal agents (Narcan and Flumazenil) are ever given at the same time?

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Was a lot of brake dust.

And back home.

Almost made it too.

Havent seen him since college when he was going to a dead show and never came back.

jeeeeezus, I went to a Dead show in college two weeks after knee surgery my sophomore spring and I sobered up about half way through the show and the next two hours were the longest most brutal two hours of my friggin life!!

Also, for the next 4-5 years, with the exception of Suite Judy Blue Eyes, I HATED any song longer than 3 1/2 minutes-

It was festival standing only and I was still on crutches-

Not one of my brighter moves-

The stuff that I've done for a girl ;)

Have a nice evening Bro?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I haven't read through this whole thread because I simply don't have time and maybe it's already been brought up but does anybody think this sitiution is perhaps why Anthony Kim walked away from the game. They've both had multiple surgeries, they both are/were on all sorts of pain killers that can be addictive mind you I don't know for sure about Anthony Kim but one would think so. Tiger wanted to come back and always play so he was always in pain so he would take these pain killers all the time just so he could play and be great and continue his legacy. Perhaps Kim didn't want to go through always trying to play through the pain and being on these these pills. Mind you there's all sorts that can be added to this. It's just something I got to thinking about today

What I'm saying is we don't know the details of what happened.....

You don't need to know every detail in order to figure out what happened. It's obvious.

The guy mixed up his meds. At some point before or after the drugs affected his motor skills, he decided to go for a drive.

While he was driving, the drugs affected his motor skills. He ran into a curb or something and busted up his rim.

He drove for a little bit further and then attempted to pull over. He didn't pull over all the way.

A cop stopped to check out the scene. The video tells the rest.

One day a few years ago I was cutting the grass, something I've done hundreds of times, and felt totally normal. 3/4 of the way through in the course of about 30 seconds I went from normal to completely fubarred, to the point I was throwing up for ten minutes and then had the absolute worst headache of my life for the rest of the evening and it hurt to even open my eyes.

You were bitten by a spider or a scorpion and never figured it out.

Whatever driver happens to be working at the time
Some random 3 wood
My same, old irons
A few wedges...
Scotty Cameron Fastback

What I'm saying is we don't know the details of what happened.....

You don't need to know every detail in order to figure out what happened. It's obvious.

The guy mixed up his meds. At some point before or after the drugs affected his motor skills, he decided to go for a drive.

While he was driving, the drugs affected his motor skills. He ran into a curb or something and busted up his rim.

He drove for a little bit further and then attempted to pull over. He didn't pull over all the way.

A cop stopped to check out the scene. The video tells the rest.

One day a few years ago I was cutting the grass, something I've done hundreds of times, and felt totally normal. 3/4 of the way through in the course of about 30 seconds I went from normal to completely fubarred, to the point I was throwing up for ten minutes and then had the absolute worst headache of my life for the rest of the evening and it hurt to even open my eyes.

You were bitten by a spider or a scorpion and never figured it out.

That's pretty impressive. I could really use five numbers and a powerball.

I feel sorry for the guy. He sounds like a lonely guy. I've known extremely wealthy businessmen who don't have wives anymore and kids have since left that admit to loneliness. A couple are billionaires and have said they are bored and lonely. Most of their friends coming up are dead or lost touch because of economic levels they were in. They have money, jets, boats you name it but are without true friends. Maybe that is Tigers problem when Elin has the kids, he can't do anything because of his back. You can only watch so much TV or play video games until you get stir crazy. Guys that appear to be "friends" like Jason Day and Notah Begay all have families so aren't available as needed. Definitely sounds like a cry for help because he is an intelligent individual and I find it extremely sad if he accidentally mixed very dangerous prescription drugs. Doctors, warnings on bottle are very clear about driving and operating machinery. The most distressing thing I noticed was an article about the woman he is supposedly dating now, was so upset when she heard about it in a department store she immediately charged $5,000 worth of merchandise and left. I sure hope that wasn't a "gift" card Tiger loaned her.

Tiger ruined his own marriage. As for not having true friends, I think that is Tiger's doing, not anyone else's. People who were once close to him (Haney, Stevie, Barkley), don't even like him or don't hear from him anymore. I think O'Meara barely talks to him too. That speaks volumes. Tiger has always been about Tiger first and foremost. I don't think Tiger is calling Notah or Jason Day to pour his heart out about anything - I'm not even sure he really cares about this incident at all.

People have this romanticized view that Tiger is deep down the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet - that one day, he's going to let his guard down and open up his heart to America.

Tiger has done plenty of good stuff with his foundation, but he certainly has some less than desirable qualities, to say the least.

I feel sorry for the guy. He sounds like a lonely guy. I've known extremely wealthy businessmen who don't have wives anymore and kids have since left that admit to loneliness. A couple are billionaires and have said they are bored and lonely. Most of their friends coming up are dead or lost touch because of economic levels they were in. They have money, jets, boats you name it but are without true friends. Maybe that is Tigers problem when Elin has the kids, he can't do anything because of his back. You can only watch so much TV or play video games until you get stir crazy. Guys that appear to be "friends" like Jason Day and Notah Begay all have families so aren't available as needed. Definitely sounds like a cry for help because he is an intelligent individual and I find it extremely sad if he accidentally mixed very dangerous prescription drugs. Doctors, warnings on bottle are very clear about driving and operating machinery. The most distressing thing I noticed was an article about the woman he is supposedly dating now, was so upset when she heard about it in a department store she immediately charged $5,000 worth of merchandise and left. I sure hope that wasn't a "gift" card Tiger loaned her.

Tiger ruined his own marriage. As for not having true friends, I think that is Tiger's doing, not anyone else's. People who were once close to him (Haney, Stevie, Barkley), don't even like him or don't hear from him anymore. I think O'Meara barely talks to him too. That speaks volumes. Tiger has always been about Tiger first and foremost. I don't think Tiger is calling Notah or Jason Day to pour his heart out about anything - I'm not even sure he really cares about this incident at all.

People have this romanticized view that Tiger is deep down the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet - that one day, he's going to let his guard down and open up his heart to America.

Tiger has done plenty of good stuff with his foundation, but he certainly has some less than desirable qualities, to say the least.

Yep, Tiger created his own future. Never been an apologist.

At this moment in his life he's a train wreck. Only he can fix it, no therapist, no psychologist, no psychiatrist. That's all BS for those who don't want to be accountable for their actions.

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

In honor of Jacks place

[media=]

[/media]

I was there on the hillside that day, right behind and above him. It was so impressive the way he stood rock steady throughout the swing even though he was on a downhill position. I remember hearing the wedge cutting through that grass under the ball, and the ball just popped out like you laid it out underhanded, when it slowly rolled down and in, the roar was tremendous, will never forget that shot.