2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Well if the public peers into your life and you are extremely embarrassed. Then you should be living your life differently.

I think the criticism of tiger was deserved, he walls himself off from the world, does things one shouldn't and then gets upset when his "image" is tarnished. No one likes a deceiver.

Im guessing his motive in life was to "take" from golf as much as he could and then not give back. He takes from everyone and then expects privacy.

And I am actually a tiger Fan.

Except he does give a lot back through golf via his foundation and charity contributions. He doesn't owe golf anything, he made golf what it is today. And anyone who is scrutinized on a daily basis as much as him would shut the world out too and withdraw into themselves as it creates a sense of privacy...The one thing he doesn't and can't really ever have unless he is home. I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes, he obviously has but has also admitted to them when he was in the wrong. The difference is everyone is harder on him because of who he is. I've seen married golf club members fool around with waitresses in the parking lot while their wife was golfing and wives sleeping with the tennis pro while the husband is at work. Both of which are well known to staff, members, etc. and yet everyone will say, "John is a good guy; Julie is such a nice person, blah blah". But Tiger does something and it's "What a Jerk, he should pay for what he did, etc." Celebrities are people just like everyone else and they all have their own issues. The difference is they can hide it due to people on their payroll who are hired to cover stuff up for them. Charles Barkley, another one....well known philanderer...but everyone around town here goes on about what a cool and genuinely nice guy he is, they love CB. It's not fair to judge someone by their mistakes, but judge them by who they are on a daily basis.

What do you mean?

Well you write that but people look at it and see this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, risus nec parturient aliqua nulla nulla morbi, vestibulum elit augue vehicula nulla suspendisse, risus mauris, commodo ut praesent pellentesque, enim sit euismod. Vivamus in pellentesque mi sociis est, ipsum nulla sollicitudin placerat, aliquam est placeat, egestas odio id a eros ornare, nulla praesentium. Enim consectetuer aliquet, adipiscing dignissimos justo vestibulum id hendrerit a, id pulvinar aliquam ut eget ipsum mus. Ullamcorper metus. Scelerisque ligula interdum quibusdam, volutpat habitasse curabitur integer donec mauris. Pellentesque velit.

Seriously dude, no need for this....you may disagree all you want but not really appropriate to insult someone and claim incoherence. I assure you I'm plenty coherent and plenty intelligent. Honestly I don't think your random insults add anything to this board.

Driver: PXG Black Ops TenseiAV Raw White 65x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: Srixon MKII 18* MMT 105x
Irons: Srixon Zx7 MKII Project X 6.5
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at his mugshot you can see he's got edema pretty bad in his face (full of fluid). He obviously had a very bad reaction to medication he was taking for his recent surgery. Feel bad for him how media is blasting him. I'll wait until we hear more from him, he might not of known why he was driving and just did it, he was like a zombie

lol. No. This is edema. What TW has in his mugshot is regular old garden variety bloating.

Keep on making far fetched excuses though.

That was from a doctor. He had some edema for sure, obviously there are more severe cases if you "google". Look at his eyes as well. Bad reaction

If you look at his mugshot you can see he's got edema pretty bad in his face (full of fluid). He obviously had a very bad reaction to medication he was taking for his recent surgery. Feel bad for him how media is blasting him. I'll wait until we hear more from him, he might not of known why he was driving and just did it, he was like a zombie

lol. No. This is edema. What TW has in his mugshot is regular old garden variety bloating.

That was from a doctor. He had some edema for sure, obviously there are more severe cases if you "google". Look at his eyes as well. Bad reaction

Again, lol. Go down to your local bar at closing time and then tell me that mug shot (yes, including his eyes) is some sort of rare medical condition rather than just plain old wasted.

So one thing I haven't seen talked about (may have missed it as this a huge thread). But Tiger told the officers had a .40 cal in the car between the front seats. Was a weapon actually found? While he is permitted, isn't it a felony charge to have a concealed firearm while under the influence?

Keep kicking man. He's not down all the way yet.

Please tell me where I was kicking? If you read any of my posts throughout this thread you will see I show empathy to this entire ordeal.

I believe, if you properly comprehend what I just posted, it was a simple question asking if he was in fact carry a weapon and if that makes this a felony. Which would in turn make this a much more significant legal battle than a DUI due to a bad reaction to prescription drugs.

Or you can just continue to think I was kicking him while he's down...

Ok

Quick search found this;

CRIMES Chapter 790

WEAPONS AND FIREARMS

790.151 Using firearm while under the influence of alcoholic beverages, chemical substances, or controlled substances; penalties.—

(1) As used in ss. 790.151-790.157, to “use a firearm” means to discharge a firearm or to have a firearm readily accessible for immediate discharge.

(2) For the purposes of this section, “readily accessible for immediate discharge” means loaded and in a person’s hand.

(3) It is unlawful and punishable as provided in subsection (4) for any person who is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired, to use a firearm in this state.

(4) Any person who violates subsection (3) commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(5) This section does not apply to persons exercising lawful self-defense or defense of one’s property.

Read more: http://forums.florid...d#ixzz4itLRDqSL

Well you write that but people look at it and see this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, risus nec parturient aliqua nulla nulla morbi, vestibulum elit augue vehicula nulla suspendisse, risus mauris, commodo ut praesent pellentesque, enim sit euismod. Vivamus in pellentesque mi sociis est, ipsum nulla sollicitudin placerat, aliquam est placeat, egestas odio id a eros ornare, nulla praesentium. Enim consectetuer aliquet, adipiscing dignissimos justo vestibulum id hendrerit a, id pulvinar aliquam ut eget ipsum mus. Ullamcorper metus. Scelerisque ligula interdum quibusdam, volutpat habitasse curabitur integer donec mauris. Pellentesque velit.

Seriously dude, no need for this....you may disagree all you want but not really appropriate to insult someone and claim incoherence. I assure you I'm plenty coherent and plenty intelligent. Honestly I don't think your random insults add anything to this board.

Crap, Ferris,

I was hoping you'd translate for us all.......

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Again, lol. Go down to your local bar at closing time and then tell me that mug shot (yes, including his eyes) is some sort of rare medical condition rather than just plain old wasted.

minus the fact there was no alcohol in the breathalyzer test....

Did I ever tell you what Trevino said about Tiger?

"He's the best, isn't he?"

Then Watson said, "yeah he is."

And then Jack said "yeah I know."

And then Trevino said, "we're talking about getting people all riled up on golfwrx.com, right?"

And then Watson said, "yeah he is."

And then Jack said "yeah I know."

Such a beautiful scene!

Roger Pielke Jr. of SportingIntellgience dug through the numbers in August and outlined what he called the "Tiger Woods effect."

He found that the PGA Tour handed out $101 million in prize money in 1996 (Tiger's last year as an amateur) and $292 million in 2008 (the last year of the Tiger Woods era).

The 9.3% average annual increase in prize money during the Tiger era (1997-2008) is nearly triple the 3.4% average annual increase that the tour saw in the six years before Tiger went pro (1990-96).

With the golf industry struggling across the board, purses have dropped by 2.3% since Tiger's career took a turn in 2008, according to Pielke's numbers.

You realize you just made my point about a new TV contract and its effects on purses right? thanks for agreeing with me

Not to jump into the middle of a dog fight, lol, however are TV contracts not based of of advertising dollars sold and when Tiger went Uber, he took everyone along with him, the advertisers, the TV stations, the other Players, etc.

A TV contract is only going to be as good as the ability to generate advertising revenue and this is where Arnold Palmer and then Tiger did what no other Player did, and bear in mind that Jack is my GOAT and Sam my favorite however neither one really moved the needle.

Tiger clocked the needle~

Is my thinking wrong on this?

Thanks

RP

Not quite, Finchem has said he was surprised the network went for it. he essentially threw a big # out thnking they would counter for half and go from there. it wasnt much of a negotiation. it was the wild west at that point. ABC dumped weekend bowling and olympic style sports, ESPN was dabbing in special golf coverage. Indy car was dropped in favor of golf/tennis etc... the NFL, NBA did the same thing asked for the moon and got it. He contributed but not to the extent described. Afer his historic masters win in 97 he didnt do much and there was reticence from networks to double down. Finchem locked down the deal before medinah in 99. From there we know where tiger climbed to. They tried those nighttime battles with tiger back then(battle at big horn etc) but they didnt hit and ratings werent great. Some was hit and miss. he certainly held up his end of the bargain by becoming a legend no doubt but golf was certainly heading there like all other sports. Tennis had a similar climb but is more global and not full time stateside. the purses exploded. Golf in 10 years will have higher purses and majors will have 2.5 million+ winners checks. its inevitable

So one thing I haven't seen talked about (may have missed it as this a huge thread). But Tiger told the officers had a .40 cal in the car between the front seats. Was a weapon actually found? While he is permitted, isn't it a felony charge to have a concealed firearm while under the influence?

Please tell me where I was kicking? If you read any of my posts throughout this thread you will see I show empathy to this entire ordeal.

I believe, if you properly comprehend what I just posted, it was a simple question asking if he was in fact carry a weapon and if that makes this a felony. Which would in turn make this a much more significant legal battle than a DUI due to a bad reaction to prescription drugs.

Ok

Quick search found this;

CRIMES Chapter 790

WEAPONS AND FIREARMS

790.151 Using firearm while under the influence of alcoholic beverages, chemical substances, or controlled substances; penalties.—

(1) As used in ss. 790.151-790.157, to “use a firearm” means to discharge a firearm or to have a firearm readily accessible for immediate discharge.

(2) For the purposes of this section, “readily accessible for immediate discharge” means loaded and in a person’s hand.

(3) It is unlawful and punishable as provided in subsection (4) for any person who is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired, to use a firearm in this state.

(4) Any person who violates subsection (3) commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(5) This section does not apply to persons exercising lawful self-defense or defense of one’s property.

Read more: http://forums.florid...d#ixzz4itLRDqSL

That answers that. Thank you.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

your question was a legit one. i didnt even know about that. I know if im a guy of his status im definitely walking around strapped so good on him protecting himself. lots of crazies out there.I dont understand the hostility towards your question

If you look at the rims and tires, he obviously hit a curb or median at a fairly high rate of speed and was probably pretty close to where they found him. You don't drive very far with both left tires blown out and rims bent like that. My guess is that he hit something hard, which scared the crap out of him, and he pulled over. Just wasn't coherent enough to get out of the car before he passed out.

Question I have is where was he going at 3:00AM and heading away from his house, which was roughly 10 miles away, and at what time were the meds taken? I don't know how long it takes to have that kind of effect but can only assume that they were taken 30-60 min prior to the incident. Just doesn't make sense to me to pop a couple of pills at home at 2:00AM and then jump in the car for as short cruise. Something is missing.

Hard to say... I thought that it had been stated somewhere that he liked to go driving at night. Perhaps he just found it relaxing and that was what he was trying to do... just relax. It also kind of makes sense when you think about it in that he could drive at night and not draw a crowd versus driving around in the day. Not that I would have ever drawn a crowd but I used to do that when I was in my 20'. Driving around at night listening to some tunes took the edge off the day and was a welcome relief and way to clear the cranium out a bit.

The info on the street from the police report (nice to know that such reports are public knowledge now) is that the police discovered he has a concealed firearm permit, however, they found no gun in the vehicle.

Wilson Deep Red II Tour (9.0)
King Cobra SZ (15.5), G10 HY (18, 21, 24)
MP-32 5i - 9i, Vokey SM5 50, 54 (F), 58 (M)
Rife Aussie

I've dealt with lots of edema, it's not all that rare. But, he just looks like he had a rough weekend to me.

But, I'm not a doctor.

I am an embalmer.

I've dealt with lots of edema, it's not all that rare. But, he just looks like he had a rough weekend to me.

But, I'm not a doctor.

I am an embalmer.

"I am an embalmer".

Hey, you score chicks with that line?

; )

The info on the street from the police report (nice to know that such reports are public knowledge now) is that the police discovered he has a concealed firearm permit, however, they found no gun in the vehicle.

Makes sense. I saw the part of the video where they say to him they know he has a permit and then ask him if there is a gun in the car. He was confused, didn't know what vehicle he was driving and when they said 'the mercedes' he responded 'but which one?'... I kind of chuckled at that. The guy probably has a stable of vehicles. He then said there was a 40 cal in between the front seats. He was super confused when talking to them though.

I saw tiger was spotted today. Drove his kids to school.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Is it normal for the police to release the dashcam and video from inside the jail when normal civilians commit similar crimes?

When dozens of foia requests are made for it, yes.

But its not fair!!! it makes my hero look really, really bad!! leave him alone

leave-britney-alone-02.jpg

Seriously though as you said its public record and 100s of FOIAs were filed.

Is it normal for the police to release the dashcam and video from inside the jail when normal civilians commit similar crimes?

I don't think they have any choice; unless a judge disallows it.

Titleist TSR-1 10.5 Speeder Driver, 3-wood, 7-wood
Callaway Epic Star Max, 5-wood

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 6-AW

Titleist TSR-1 Hybrids 5 and 6 

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

I have the utmost of respect for police and law enforcement. For the most part, they do an unbelievable amount of good at great risk to themselves for our benefit and protection. Thank you to all police and their support staff for all they do.

This dash cam video should never have been released. It serves no purpose except to humiliate Tiger. But what it really does is tarnish the image of the police in Jupiter. It is obvious to even a 10 year old that Tiger needed medical attention, not 30 minutes of sobriety tests. 3 minutes was enough for anyone, especially a trained police officer to see Tiger was in physical danger. I am very upset that the officer involved continued his self serving testing of Tiger without concern for Tiger's health and safety and even more disgusted at this video even being released. There was NO PURPOSE to show the public this video. It may initially seem to shame Tiger, but it really shames the law enforcement community.

Well its not random. Among all the opinions of the Google educated lawyers/legal scholars, LEO's (minus real ones like soregongolfer), guys who've watched every episode of Quincy MD and Tiger sycophants apoplectic over the disrepectful release of the arrest video your stream of consciousness really stood out.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Well its not random. Among all the opinions of the Google educated lawyers/legal scholars, LEO's (minus real ones like soregongolfer), guys who've watched every episode of Quincy MD and Tiger sycophants apoplectic over the disrepectful release of the arrest video your stream of consciousness really stood out.

Wow. I hope it didn't take too long for you to figure out how to use sycophants in a sentence. Most people on this board are posting their opinions and it was actually going ok until you show up and insult someone. Congrats on you accomplishments