2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Tiger is simply paying the piper now for all his excessive behavior, too much weightlifting, too much juicing which damaged his body, too many women destroyed his marriage. I really feel sorry for his mother and kids. He has turned into Earl version 2, and I hope this will bottom him out.

Tiger juiced? Where did you learn that?

Let's see, linked to doping doctor Galea, body breaking down rapidly, has not won a major since drug testing instituted on PGA tour in 09. Where there is smoke there is fire, it will come out 1 day after his career is over. Would be willing to bet a large part of non disclosure agreement with Elin involves drug issues.

Well roids equals zero advantage in golf so if your speculation is true no one gaf

Dam, when did this turn into a baseball thread from 1998?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things like this happen. I was out to dinner with friends and I had a reaction to a new brand of deodorant that I had used and had rashes poping up all over my body. We had just got there and did not want to leave our friends. I ran across the street to a drug store and bought Benadryl . I took a a dose and within 5 minutes I could barely make a complete sentence. Thankful my wife was with me because there was no way I could have drove home. Things happen and I don't think he has a problem. I could be wrong but that is my opinion.

Tiger is simply paying the piper now for all his excessive behavior, too much weightlifting, too much juicing which damaged his body, too many women destroyed his marriage. I really feel sorry for his mother and kids. He has turned into Earl version 2, and I hope this will bottom him out.

Tiger juiced? Where did you learn that?

Let's see, linked to doping doctor Galea, body breaking down rapidly, has not won a major since drug testing instituted on PGA tour in 09. Where there is smoke there is fire, it will come out 1 day after his career is over. Would be willing to bet a large part of non disclosure agreement with Elin involves drug issues.

Well roids equals zero advantage in golf so if your speculation is true no one gaf

So based on that Vijay took the deer antler spray cause he liked the taste....

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

I suppose one thing Tiger can be commended for is his compliance with law enforcement during his arrest. I wouldn't be surprised if he was criticized, in some circles, for being too compliant.

Im one that at times could be in that latter circle you mentioned... i tend to reply in kind to officers... if they are respectful then i will yes sir and yes maam them to death... but if not ... i can be rather flip and argumentative ... but in this case I think the cops and Tiger both were rather respectful.... which is the way every stop should be...

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I suppose one thing Tiger can be commended for is his compliance with law enforcement during his arrest. I wouldn't be surprised if he was criticized, in some circles, for being too compliant.

He was in a drug-induced stupor and had no idea what was happening. It's not like he chose to be compliant.

Tens of thousands of stops by officers say otherwise.

I know nobody will see this, but when I'm bored I like to dig a hole in my garden, cover myself in dirt and I pretend I'm a carrot.

For those worrying, I am now done pretending to be a carrot and I'm fine. I had a few thoughts while buried though....

Once upon a time, Tiger was un'beet'able

You gave us shivers from my head 'tomatoes'

We were all 'root'ing for you

You always 'squash'ed the competition

It was truely a'maize'ing to watch

Than the information 'leek'ed and a huge media storm erupted

Everyone was 'jalapeno' business

You overcame and didn't 'kale' it quits though

Started winning again and told the fellow tour players - Better luck next "thyme"

You were a big 'dill' again

Everything was going great. than you got hurt a 'grain'

Four back surgeries later and lots of thera'pea'

You took some pills and got in the car, when you should have said - I don't 'avocado'

Now everyone is saying you're a has 'bean' and they don't 'carrot' all anymore

Whether you can come back and win again 'romaines' to be seen

But I say, It ain't over 'lentil' it's over!!

I'm very 'pun'ny!

I know nobody will see this, but when I'm bored I like to dig a hole in my garden, cover myself in dirt and I pretend I'm a carrot.

For those worrying, I am now done pretending to be a carrot and I'm fine. I had a few thoughts while buried though....

Once upon a time, Tiger was un'beet'able

You gave us shivers from my head 'tomatoes'

We were all 'root'ing for you

You always 'squash'ed the competition

It was truely a'maize'ing to watch

Than the information 'leek'ed and a huge media storm erupted

Everyone was 'jalapeno' business

You overcame and didn't 'kale' it quits though

Started winning again and told the fellow tour players - Better luck next "thyme"

You were a big 'dill' again

Everything was going great. than you got hurt a 'grain'

Four back surgeries later and lots of thera'pea'

You took some pills and got in the car, when you should have said - I don't 'avocado'

Now everyone is saying you're a has 'bean' and they don't 'carrot' all anymore

Whether you can come back and win again 'romaines' to be seen

But I say, It ain't over 'lentil' it's over!!

I'm very 'pun'ny!

This is like the Caddyshack and Caddyshack II of posts. :stop:

Tiger is a phenomenal golfer. He receives a pass by many because of his golfing ability. Says a lot about sports.

My son likes Tiger because of what he's done ON the course. If your kids see any athlete as a role model for their behavior OFF the course, or out of their professional environment, you need to have a talk with them. Everyone... everyone, at some point has gone through a patch or knows someone close (read family member) that has had an issue(s). There are things that I wouldn't give Tiger a pass on - but DUI & infidelity? Please, we ALL know someone like that. Maybe some of you should look in the mirror...

Tiger did more for the game of golf than anyone. Period.

f3b35944-f310-4a88-b940-f858cb2374c3_zpskuecsnmc.jpg

And lord forbid, he also like the drug using, wife stealing, gun buying guy who's a character cancer to the Tour (rolls eyes). lol

8e9bd64f-2856-46d9-a8ee-3b4ee77a63f2_zpstzwbmahh.jpg

Edit: If everyone on this forum had a media outlet monitor them 24/7/365... good luck, half would be in jail and the other half would be divorced. You guys have no clue what it's like to be monitored around the clock...

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Rogue Elite 859 65R

Adams Idea Pro 20° VS Proto
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

Tiger is a phenomenal golfer. He receives a pass by many because of his golfing ability. Says a lot about sports.

My son likes Tiger because of what he's done ON the course. If your kids see any athlete as a role model for their behavior OFF the course, or out of their professional environment, you need to have a talk with them. Everyone... everyone, at some point has gone through a patch or knows someone close (read family member) that has had an issue(s). There are things that I wouldn't give Tiger a pass on - but DUI & infidelity? Please, we ALL know someone like that. Maybe some of you should look in the mirror...

And lord forbid, he also like the drug using, wife stealing, gun buying guy who's a character cancer to the Tour (rolls eyes). lol

Edit: If everyone on this forum had a media outlet monitor them 24/7/365... good luck, half would be in jail and the other half would be divorced. You guys have no clue what it's like to be monitored around the clock...

You seem to be confusing fact and opinion. Use of the word 'period' usually denotes that confusion.

Tiger did a lot for purses on the PGA Tour. None of that trickles down to the average club golfer. He also brought a lot of people who like Nike to the game and a lot of people who only watch TV golf when he is on. I can happily lose all those people right now.

As for his off course image, can't have it both ways. Nike packaged Tiger in his Dad and Mum origins story and all the values and lessons learned crap. Even the cringe able voices from beyond the grave commercial. Once they play that card, they also buy the flip side of it.

Nike knew all along that Dad had an eye for a blonde cocktail waitress. Seems the apple doesn't fall far. They also knew that Elin knew all about his girlfriends before the marriage. It was common knowledge in the golf business. That was inevitably going to blow up sooner or later.

TM Stealth, 10.5, HZRDUS Red 65 S
Titleist TSi2, 16.5 fairway, Oban Devotion 75, S
Titleist TSi2, 21 utility, Tensei 75, S
Mizuno 923 Forged, KBS $-Taper lite S

Vokey 50, 56, 60, KBS Tour V S
Kronos Metronome

You seem to be confusing fact and opinion. Use of the word 'period' usually denotes that confusion.

Tiger did a lot for purses on the PGA Tour. None of that trickles down to the average club golfer. He also brought a lot of people who like Nike to the game and a lot of people who only watch TV golf when he is on. I can happily lose all those people right now.

As for his off course image, can't have it both ways. Nike packaged Tiger in his Dad and Mum origins story and all the values and lessons learned crap. Even the cringe able voices from beyond the grave commercial. Once they play that card, they also buy the flip side of it.

Nike knew all along that Dad had an eye for a blonde cocktail waitress. Seems the apple doesn't fall far. They also knew that Elin knew all about his girlfriends before the marriage. It was common knowledge in the golf business. That was inevitably going to blow up sooner or later.

"He also brought a lot of people who like Nike to the game and a lot of people who only watch TV golf when he is on. I can happily lose all those people right now."

TW did not just inspire jort clad hackers.

This guy was his biggest fanbois>

"That week was why you see the fields in tournaments so deep as they are today,” McIlroy said. “Tiger’s win inspired so many kids to go out and play the game and it’s why there is so much parity in professional golf right now. That’s Tiger’s legacy and it all started that week. You see it everywhere in the game; everybody is just so much more professional. And every child with hopes of being a professional golfer wanted to be Tiger Woods after that day.”

“Yeah, I was already a big Tiger fan, by then,” McIlroy said. “I’d watched him win his three US Amateurs on TV and yes, I would already have had a Tiger headcover in my bag. Tiger was my idol and I remember it all vividly; the build-up and the early rounds, and thinking ‘oh no, he’s messed up the front nine’ (when Woods struggled to the turn in 40) and then him pulling effortlessly away.

“It really is very clear in my memory, especially the last round, which I could go through shot by shot now if I have to. The next morning, all I wanted to do was hit balls and try to be my hero.”

http://www.telegraph...ournament-year/

So if I bag up dog sh1t and package it as a premium product, you'll buy it?! lol

It's your job as a parent to filter out and explain what your kids should take away from a role model. I don't care how Nike, the Tour, etc. packaged Tiger or anyone else. It's MY responsibility as a FATHER and DAD to make sure the finer points are what influence my son.

Good try, but blaming PR for making Tiger seem to be one way is one of the most ridiculous explantations I've read on this board. The hate for Tiger is real around these parts, lol!

Edit: It's also my responsibility to teach my son - do this, and these are the consequences... Teaching your kids the world is full of vanilla role models will eventually make your child confused and catch some heartbreak.

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

I'm tired of all this Tiger hate. The prescribing physician, Tiger's pharmacist, the FDA, and the manufacturer of his pills all have roles in this situation ever becoming a reality.

im tired of the "personal responsibility" arguments and "so and so can't be responsible" and all that chicken excrement. IT DID HAPPEN; A MAN RECOVERING FROM SURGERY ENDED UP IN A MOTOR VEHICLE IN A SEVERELY-IMPAIRED STATE FROM DRUGS PRESCRIBED TO HIM BY HIS PHYSICIAN, FILLED BY HIS PHARMACIST, REGULATED BY THE FDA, AND MANUFACTURED BY A DRUG COMPANY.

Tiger is part of the equation, but not all of it.

I'm tired of all this Tiger hate. The prescribing physician, Tiger's pharmacist, the FDA, and the manufacturer of his pills all have roles in this situation ever becoming a reality.

im tired of the "personal responsibility" arguments and "so and so can't be responsible" and all that chicken excrement. IT DID HAPPEN; A MAN RECOVERING FROM SURGERY ENDED UP IN A MOTOR VEHICLE IN A SEVERELY-IMPAIRED STATE FROM DRUGS PRESCRIBED TO HIM BY HIS PHYSICIAN, FILLED BY HIS PHARMACIST, REGULATED BY THE FDA, AND MANUFACTURED BY A DRUG COMPANY.

His doctor(s) will prescribe whatever and how ever much of anything he wants. (Typical Tiger hater response coming in 3... 2... )

Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

Dimples, this is on Tiger. Every MD, every pharmacist, the drug companies tell everyone not to do this, do not mix this with that, and DO NOT operate heavy equipment or drive while taking said medicine. Unfortunately, they cannot then follow the patient home and be sure he does follow all instructions. At some point in the evening, Tiger chose to ignore all the warnings, and here we are. For Tiger, this was the best possible outcome. He didn't get hurt and did not hurt anyone.

Unbelievable that this is a statement made with any sincerity.

None of the above mentioned entities (other than Tiger himself)....

1. Opened the pill bottle.
  2. Put the pills in his mouth or
  3. Forced him to swallow.

I mean really, come on man. If the prescription drugs themselves turn out to be wrongly filled or prescribed or should not have been approved by the FDA that is another thing entirely. But I don't see anything "yet" to support such a statement.

Then breweries and grocery stores are also responsible for all drunk drivers.

Unbelievable that this is a statement made with any sincerity.

None of the above mentioned entities (other than Tiger himself)....

1. Opened the pill bottle.
  2. Put the pills in his mouth or
  3. Forced him to swallow.

I mean really, come on man. If the prescription drugs themselves turn out to be wrongly filled or prescribed or should not have been approved by the FDA that is another thing entirely. But I don't see anything "yet" to support such a statement.

Now, more than ever, it's not hard to believe someone assisted in this event.

Edit: If everyone on this forum had a media outlet monitor them 24/7/365... good luck, half would be in jail and the other half would be divorced.

Wong and wrong.

You guys have no clue what it's like to be monitored around the clock...

And I have no idea what it's like being worth almost one billion dollars either, but I bet it goes a long way in mitigating many of life's inconveniences.

Im one that at times could be in that latter circle you mentioned... i tend to reply in kind to officers... if they are respectful then i will yes sir and yes maam them to death... but if not ... i can be rather flip and argumentative ... but in this case I think the cops and Tiger both were rather respectful.... which is the way every stop should be...

Do you tend to "reply in kind" when there is a shooting, a domestic disturbance, a drug deal going down around the corner, or to your neighbor's house being burglarized? Doubt it. The extent of your outlaw badassery probably consists of being pulled over for speeding in a school zone. Next time you get pulled over by a cop having a bad day, just nod, say, "Yes, sir.", and soon you both be on your merry way...

The officers wrote down Vicodin, vioxx (misspelled on report), and two other things misspelled. Is "soloxer" Soliris, an injectable monoclonal antibody? Then the other apparently a non-FDA-approved cox-2 inhibitor (and vioxx was pulled years ago).

Anyone know what is up with that?

The misspelled soloxer junk can't be a monoclonal antibody; I don't think tiger is that ill and/or has the condition it is listed to treat. So what does the "soloxer"refer to?

Celexa maybe, an antidepressant ?

The officers wrote down Vicodin, vioxx (misspelled on report), and two other things misspelled. Is "soloxer" Soliris, an injectable monoclonal antibody? Then the other apparently a non-FDA-approved cox-2 inhibitor (and vioxx was pulled years ago).

Anyone know what is up with that?

The misspelled soloxer junk can't be a monoclonal antibody; I don't think tiger is that ill and/or has the condition it is listed to treat. So what does the "soloxer"refer to?

Celexa maybe, an antidepressant ?

Maybe they meant Resolor

is indicated for symptomatic treatment of chronic constipation in adults in whom laxatives fail to provide adequate relief. :swoon:

If it was divided into percentages of responsibility, Tiger would own 90% and the other 10 would be divided among everyone else in his life. (Doctors, pharm, therapist, etc)

At some point people have to own the outcomes. I guess, based on your train of thought, that when the gunshop sells the gun and the guy goes home and shoots someone accidentally, the guy who pulled the trigger isn't completely responsible - it is somehow the gunshop, the law that allowed the purchase of the gun, and the bullet maker's fault.

Tiger was given legal prescriptions that come with instructions. He failed to follow those "Don't drive or use heavy machinery" statements right on his bottles. Sorry, but he owns that one.

I am NOT a Tiger hater by any stretch. But I do hate the idea that we, as a society, seem to constantly seek out ways of diverting the "fault" when something goes wrong. And I haven't even touched on the idea that someone with his affluence - he need not ever drive himself anywhere for crying out loud.

I have stated in this thread once prior - I truly have (perhaps had) hopes for a comeback from Tiger. But one of the keys to his coming back will be owning ALL of his problems. Our lives are the bed we make for ourselves. And once made we have to sleep in it.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft