2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what else is really unsafe (and illegal in nearly every state)?

Texting while driving.

But I'm sure none of the sanctimonious posters in this thread ever, let alone regularly, engage in such a thing, for they know how selfish, stupid, and irresponsible 'driving distracted' is.

Know what else is really unsafe? Lots of crap. What's your point?

Texting while driving.

But I'm sure none of the sanctimonious posters in this thread ever, let alone regularly, engage in such a thing, for they know how selfish, stupid, and irresponsible 'driving distracted' is.

You've forgotten that texting is somewhat new. With that being the case, rest assured a lot of us older folks have never texted and driven at the same time. Myself included. I love the Tiger fanbois still defending their daddy. Go back and watch that dashcam video. Keep watching it until it sinks into your head that what he did was wrong and the situation could have been much, much worse. Mixing Xanax and Vicodin is careless. He's admitted his mistake and is moving on. His fanbois should do the same.

I'm happy to learn that you do not text while driving.

That said, I clearly struck a nerve with you.

Try again, this time respond without making multiple lame assumptions about me personally. Or just look up 'ad hominem' and let that sink in to *your* head before your next reply.

"A lot of 'older folks..."? What? Is that lame generalization supposed to refute my point?

Texting while driving.

If you don't get my point, how can you call it 'crap'?

Kind of hate to admit it, but I don't text. Not entirely sure my phone even has that capability. However, I will air drum to a good song while driving.

Is your phone anything like this one?

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Kind of hate to admit it, but I don't text. Not entirely sure my phone even has that capability. However, I will air drum to a good song while driving.

The Gekko 88, in black. Classic.

I blame my hair loss on having used an old brick phone like that one.....

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

talking to relatives that had passed away 30 years ago and offering unsolicited advice to the nurses about their love life...yeah. But no driving.

Hi Lumber :) haha, this sounds like Richard except he had the dilaudid and xanax and his father made his doc cut the xanax because he was a zombie. I would be sitting next to his hospital bed watching TV while he sort of dosed off and he would start talking and it took me a few minutes but I would recognize something that he said as something that he would say to Pete and I looked at him and his eyes were closed and he was carrying on a conversation with Pete, and though only he knew the other part of the diologue(from Pete's side), when he awoke and I asked him about it he had no idea what I was talking about and no memory of it.

One evening the nurses couldn't find Richard and as he has checked himself out more than a few times, they called both his father and I though we obviously hadn't seen him. It turned out that he sleep walked into his 82yo buddy Max's room with his pillow and somehow laid down on the other side of Max's bed, about 4-5' from the window/wall and he had rolled almost under the bed and Max had been asleep when he entered and he happened to rollover that way and looked down and saw Richard's lower half of his body visible with his upper torso under the bed, lol. Richard's father was also worried about the cardiac suppression that occurs with both drugs individually and is only magnified when taken together. He tries to stay out of his care but I'm glad that he stepped in. Richard is goofy enough with just the dilaudid, lol. I hope that you're well :) Madison

I'm tired of all this Tiger hate. The prescribing physician, Tiger's pharmacist, the FDA, and the manufacturer of his pills all have roles in this situation ever becoming a reality.

im tired of the "personal responsibility" arguments and "so and so can't be responsible" and all that chicken excrement. IT DID HAPPEN; A MAN RECOVERING FROM SURGERY ENDED UP IN A MOTOR VEHICLE IN A SEVERELY-IMPAIRED STATE FROM DRUGS PRESCRIBED TO HIM BY HIS PHYSICIAN, FILLED BY HIS PHARMACIST, REGULATED BY THE FDA, AND MANUFACTURED BY A DRUG COMPANY.

Tiger is part of the equation, but not all of it.

Then breweries and grocery stores are also responsible for all drunk drivers.

I get over served all the time

Bars can be held liable for Drunk driving.

At least in my state.

X mas time 2015. Someone was at a Hooters and drank a bunch of beer in a short amount then of time. Clearly enough to be paired.

He didn't get 1/4 mile down the road. Hit a cop who had a DD pulled over. The officer hit his head and was pronounced brain dead a week later.

That restaurant? Out of business. Closed within the year. To avoid lawsuits and other issues they agreed to close.

But the real question is what happened to the idiot drunk driver who hit the cop ... was he put out of business, lost everything, his job, family ... or just his license?

I agree that bars should not turn a blind eye to drunken customers, however, this can get extremely dangerous and a potential lawsuit from the drunken customer if they are forcefully detained (possible injured) and their car keys stolen from them, because that is what the bar is in effect doing - it is a fine line indeed.

In the end (in my mind), the only person truly responsible for a drunken driven is the person forcing the drinks down their throat ... oh, wait that is usually the drunk driver.

Wilson Deep Red II Tour (9.0)
King Cobra SZ (15.5), G10 HY (18, 21, 24)
MP-32 5i - 9i, Vokey SM5 50, 54 (F), 58 (M)
Rife Aussie

I'm tired of all this Tiger hate. The prescribing physician, Tiger's pharmacist, the FDA, and the manufacturer of his pills all have roles in this situation ever becoming a reality.

im tired of the "personal responsibility" arguments and "so and so can't be responsible" and all that chicken excrement. IT DID HAPPEN; A MAN RECOVERING FROM SURGERY ENDED UP IN A MOTOR VEHICLE IN A SEVERELY-IMPAIRED STATE FROM DRUGS PRESCRIBED TO HIM BY HIS PHYSICIAN, FILLED BY HIS PHARMACIST, REGULATED BY THE FDA, AND MANUFACTURED BY A DRUG COMPANY.

At least in my state.

X mas time 2015. Someone was at a Hooters and drank a bunch of beer in a short amount then of time. Clearly enough to be paired.

He didn't get 1/4 mile down the road. Hit a cop who had a DD pulled over. The officer hit his head and was pronounced brain dead a week later.

That restaurant? Out of business. Closed within the year. To avoid lawsuits and other issues they agreed to close.

But the real question is what happened to the idiot drunk driver who hit the cop ... was he put out of business, lost everything, his job, family ... or just his license?

I agree that bars should not turn a blind eye to drunken customers, however, this can get extremely dangerous and a potential lawsuit from the drunken customer if they are forcefully detained (possible injured) and their car keys stolen from them, because that is what the bar is in effect doing - it is a fine line indeed.

In the end (in my mind), the only person truly responsible for a drunken driven is the person forcing the drinks down their throat ... oh, wait that is usually the drunk driver.

I dont disagree. I was just stating what the law is around here.

He was convicted of vehicular manslaughter. By that I'm sure he lost everything.

At least in my state.

bars dont have to take keys or detain customers.. simply call it in and have them picked up... if all bars did this then it wouldnt be that one place got a bad rap... might keep folks from driving sloppy ....

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

"I just get the impression that there are two kinds of members here going way out on the limb to defend Tiger:

1. Those who are so incredibly loyal as fans that they cannot fathom that he could have done something so selfish, dangerous, and irresponsible without the "help" of others who are clearly equally, if not more, at fault.

2. Those who are just posting troll posts to stir things up and aren't really adding anything to the thread but are just coming in and doing the hit and run tactic; post something controversial and then sit back and watch the fireworks."

Can one be both?

[media=]

[/media]

Med to the C! Life saver.

You da man ; )

I think there is a 3rd type, those who do or have done similar things as Tiger did and refuse to take full responsibility for it. Tiger was a great golfer, he's the one that got me interested in the sport, but he's not a great person. I can separate the golfer from the man, each stands on their own actions and history.

I suspect part of the reason Tiger is where he is today is because he surrounded himself with people that admired Tiger the golfer and were willing to ignore how flawed a man he was.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Well I haven't kept up on the Tiger DUI thing lately, just been skimming through the posts here. I have a hard time believing his adverse reaction story. I think he said after this last surgery he was finally pain free, so why, a month later, would you be mixing pain pills with other medication? Especially since this is not his first time using them. (2008 U.S. Open , which was totally justified). He , IMO, has a problem, and I hope he gets help, for himself, and his kids sake. I agree with MK video, however, criticism and negativity comes with the role of mega celebrity, but I'm pretty sure Tiger knows that by now. I think he gets more scrutiny now because he seems to have an honesty problem, we saw that with his sex scandal stuff, and looks like we are seeing more of that now. But that's just my 2 cents. I do believe he will be back, and I think he will get more wins; majors? I don't know

Texting while driving.

If you don't get my point, how can you call it 'crap'?

I didn't.

"I just get the impression that there are two kinds of members here going way out on the limb to defend Tiger:

1. Those who are so incredibly loyal as fans that they cannot fathom that he could have done something so selfish, dangerous, and irresponsible without the "help" of others who are clearly equally, if not more, at fault.

2. Those who are just posting troll posts to stir things up and aren't really adding anything to the thread but are just coming in and doing the hit and run tactic; post something controversial and then sit back and watch the fireworks."

Can one be both?

[media=]

[/media]

Med to the C! Life saver.

You da man ; )

I think there is a 3rd type, those who do or have done similar things as Tiger did and refuse to take full responsibility for it. Tiger was a great golfer, he's the one that got me interested in the sport, but he's not a great person. I can separate the golfer from the man, each stands on their own actions and history.

I suspect part of the reason Tiger is where he is today is because he surrounded himself with people that admired Tiger the golfer and were willing to ignore how flawed a man he was.

"those who do or have done similar things as Tiger did"

No one here has done anything similar...

Although, to you point, lots of folks have driven ui and hypocritically condemn him from their keyboard ; )

Well I haven't kept up on the Tiger DUI thing lately, just been skimming through the posts here. I have a hard time believing his adverse reaction story. I think he said after this last surgery he was finally pain free, so why, a month later, would you be mixing pain pills with other medication? Especially since this is not his first time using them. (2008 U.S. Open , which was totally justified). He , IMO, has a problem, and I hope he gets help, for himself, and his kids sake. I agree with MK video, however, criticism and negativity comes with the role of mega celebrity, but I'm pretty sure Tiger knows that by now. I think he gets more scrutiny now because he seems to have an honesty problem, we saw that with his sex scandal stuff, and looks like we are seeing more of that now. But that's just my 2 cents. I do believe he will be back, and I think he will get more wins; majors? I don't know

He was also found snoring and asleep in in the car directly after the 2009 accident. So there's a good 7+ year timeline for medication use, so no drug naivety here. After such an apparent dramatic improvement after his last surgery, the only viable explanation for this scenario is that he reached for two Tylenol and a Rolaid and accidentally took Vicodin, Xanax and possibly an Ambien instead.

The housekeeper who arranged the pill containers on his kitchen counter is 100% liable.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

Hey, I had a bag phone before upgrading to one of these babies. Even had the holster, so I could catch it on random things. My phone, I learned, will text, but way too much trouble.