2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Boy did this thread go off the rails. A treatise on drugs, war stories, and a rambling collection of FLDSAC..

It's called open discussion. Kept the thread interesting. So not so much off the rails as it was on a faster track.

This thread, if it is still open, will liven up again when the full tox reports come in.

But could not help but note that, in reality, your reply wasn't any better than the ones you were essentially finding fault with. (Added no value founded on the OP) But then again - that is my whole point. A thread like this is bound to stir emotions and a lot of conversation. Just not sure why any member would be opposed to that.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I haven't kept up on the Tiger DUI thing lately, just been skimming through the posts here. I have a hard time believing his adverse reaction story. I think he said after this last surgery he was finally pain free, so why, a month later, would you be mixing pain pills with other medication? Especially since this is not his first time using them. (2008 U.S. Open , which was totally justified). He , IMO, has a problem, and I hope he gets help, for himself, and his kids sake. I agree with MK video, however, criticism and negativity comes with the role of mega celebrity, but I'm pretty sure Tiger knows that by now. I think he gets more scrutiny now because he seems to have an honesty problem, we saw that with his sex scandal stuff, and looks like we are seeing more of that now. But that's just my 2 cents. I do believe he will be back, and I think he will get more wins; majors? I don't know

He was also found snoring and asleep in in the car directly after the 2009 accident. So there's a good 7+ year timeline for medication use, so no drug naivety here. After such an apparent dramatic improvement after his last surgery, the only viable explanation for this scenario is that he reached for two Tylenol and a Rolaid and accidentally took Vicodin, Xanax and possibly an Ambien instead.

The housekeeper who arranged the pill containers on his kitchen counter is 100% liable.

Good deflection there.

I do think that there seems to be enough "smoke" from Tour players to suggest that he has a problem. The day that it went public, Rolf and Notah were pretty emphatic that this should be a wakeup call for Tiger and he needs to get help. If his best friend and a well connected announcer are saying these things, there is a good likelihood that it is true. Get cleaned up and get back out on the Tour. If he is too broken (mentally) to play in front of the crowds, then I'm sure he can join Anthony Kim for a few rounds.

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

when tiger got the "yips" that must have messed with him mentally

I think you might have it backwards.

The mental issues cause the yips. But unfortunately then it becomes a cyclic domino effect of sorts.

The man is a mess and it is SUCH a shame.No modern golfer has done as much for the game and I don't personally know anyone who is in celebration mode over his current situation.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

look at all the tiger haters out there......

its very telling how nobody from the tour is rushing to his side and helping.....when you step on people and treat them like crap on the way up, they do not catch you when you fall.

its sad to see this happen to anyone, while nobody is celebrating (would be classless), a lot of people may be grinning slightly

its very telling how nobody from the tour is rushing to his side and helping.....when you step on people and treat them like crap on the way up, they do not catch you when you fall.

its sad to see this happen to anyone, while nobody is celebrating (would be classless), a lot of people may be grinning slightly

For me it falls squarely into the "there but for the grace of God go I".....

As silly as this might sound the best medicine for Tiger would be to go out, hang with regular players who love the game, and play. No press. No pressure. Just a bunch of guys laughing it up, having fun, and doing something relaxing.

This might just help him rediscover what golf means to him at the foundation. Way more than just a paycheck or a way of proving himself.

Trouble is everytime he picks up a club it makes international headlines. Cannot imagine how hard it would be (impossible) for him to rediscover himself as Tiger the player.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Well, I know it hurts the narrative, but I played when he was starting, know him enough to say hello and chat, and have to tell you,

I was treated really nicely by tiger. He was friendly, funny, and actually donated some nice autographed stuff to the small charity event I was involved with.

I wasn't around too long, and I can only respond with what I experienced, but I didn't see any stepping on or treating like crap.

There were a couple of incidents that Tiger may have been passive aggressive in back then, but they were after some negative public comments.

I Was treated like absolutel garbage by a top player, thought it was pretty weak, but in My warped world, funny. 25 years later, see him in an interview, and know he's a Deek

Well, I know it hurts the narrative, but I played when he was starting, know him enough to say hello and chat, and have to tell you,

I was treated really nicely by tiger. He was friendly, funny, and actually donated some nice autographed stuff to the small charity event I was involved with.

I wasn't around too long, and I can only respond with what I experienced, but I didn't see any stepping on or treating like crap.

There were a couple of incidents that Tiger may have been passive aggressive in back then, but they were after some negative public comments.

I Was treated like absolutel garbage by a top player, thought it was pretty weak, but in My warped world, funny. 25 years later, see him in an interview, and know he's a Deek

In your opinion, am I way off base with my thought about Tiger's need to love the game once again in order to really hit the road to recovery?

I just get the impression that for quite some time it's been a forced job and something he "had" to go out and do as opposed to something he loves doing. Huge difference if that's the case.

Thanks in advance for your insight. Regardless it is really sad what has happened. Since 2009.....

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Medic, I really don't know, is my honest answer.

I do know, Tiger certainly looked like he enjoyed playing, and figuring things out.

He was always learning new shots, finding ways to improve it seemed.

Not sure if he loved the game or not, but I can guarantee, he loved competing.

I got to see him let his public guard down a couple times, and he certainly seemed to have fun in those moments.

Agree it's sad. Unfortunately, mostly his own doing without a doubt...although injuries started when he was younger, and

Sometimes you're just that guy I guess.

I was personally hoping for one more run, but given the surgeries and latest, I just hope he ends up ok, like I said, he was good to me, I hope he can be ok to himself down the road. I know I would help him if I could, simply because he was there to help me for something important to me.

It doesn't hurt the narrative, but my experience was different with him. I DO NOT KNOW him but did meet him and he was an arrogant d-bag. Refused to give a few kids his autograph and was cursing like a sailor. Pretty much blew off everyone who was there to support him. everyone can have a bad day but this seems to be the norm with him as many people and players have outlined numerous times. I remember being at a pro-am in North Carolina and Marshall Faulk was the same way. Blew off kids, refused to talk or sign anything for anyone while guys like Johnny Bench rolled up in a golf cart with the sharpie already out and signed for 30 minutes. Gave kids a ride in the golf cart. Dan Marino was great too. After shooting almost 100 he signed for 30 minutes in 95 degree heat......

Im just saying I do not think anyone is really upset that tiger has crashed and burned. Its like Karma of some kind.....i hope he gets better but i am not shedding a tear for tiger woods the jerk. from a human standpoint, nobody wants to see anyone go through a drug induced episode without getting better. His body is shot now, so he will never be back. I just hope he gets his mental side right and gets off the drugs

Who did he step on besides competition on the course? Who did he treat like crap? How in the world do you know his friends arent stepping up? Who possibly would be justified in grinning aside from bittter golf fans who have never met the man or if they did it was a momentary interaction with little context?

Who did he step on besides competition on the course? Who did he treat like crap? How in the world do you know his friends arent stepping up? Who possibly would be justified in grinning aside from bittter golf fans who have never met the man or if they did it was a momentary interaction with little context?

Its no secret he has very few friends on tour. I could care less, but he has not been friendly to a lot of people on his ascent to greatness. Its well documented. You should research it for yourself if it bothers you.

Voluntary rehab will not only help him in his custody case but will also assist in his plea deal for the DUI. I'm not sure if it's true but the article references a rehab stint for Vicodin and Ambien in 2010, so much for those claiming Tiger may not have been familiar with those drugs.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

It doesn't hurt the narrative, but my experience was different with him. I DO NOT KNOW him but did meet him and he was an arrogant d-bag. Refused to give a few kids his autograph and was cursing like a sailor. Pretty much blew off everyone who was there to support him. everyone can have a bad day but this seems to be the norm with him as many people and players have outlined numerous times. I remember being at a pro-am in North Carolina and Marshall Faulk was the same way. Blew off kids, refused to talk or sign anything for anyone while guys like Johnny Bench rolled up in a golf cart with the sharpie already out and signed for 30 minutes. Gave kids a ride in the golf cart. Dan Marino was great too. After shooting almost 100 he signed for 30 minutes in 95 degree heat......

Im just saying I do not think anyone is really upset that tiger has crashed and burned. Its like Karma of some kind.....i hope he gets better but i am not shedding a tear for tiger woods the jerk. from a human standpoint, nobody wants to see anyone go through a drug induced episode without getting better. His body is shot now, so he will never be back. I just hope he gets his mental side right and gets off the drugs

See, now your personal experience was negative, so I get your dislike of him

But your post that I originally was responding to was that no one from the tour is rushing to his side, when there are a number

Of players like Day and McIlroy who have stated positive things, and I know some older guys who have reached out, and yes, some guys who have distanced themselves. It's never a one way road the way some post....on anything

There's an article to this effect on a tabloid type site. Take it for what it is I suppose at this point but if there is any truth to it I am sure more credible sources will follow soon.

Not being from Britain I have no idea if the Daily Mail is a tabloid or mainstream news site....but the article talks about TW's two prior rehab stints.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

But your post that I originally was responding to was that no one from the tour is rushing to his side, when there are a number

Of players like Day and McIlroy who have stated positive things, and I know some older guys who have reached out, and yes, some guys who have distanced themselves. It's never a one way road the way some post....on anything

Proof that TW is a jerk!

bCtbu0c.jpg

There's an article to this effect on a tabloid type site. Take it for what it is I suppose at this point but if there is any truth to it I am sure more credible sources will follow soon.

There are a few places reporting that Tiger reserved the entire facility. Hopefully this is true and he can get back on track.

I believe it was Hank Haney's book where they talked about tiger not having his same touch when he took anything stronger than advil.

Either way, as a fan that grew up during his dominant years it would be nice to see him around the game again... Competing or not

having been on pain meds after back surgeries years ago ... he's in a bad place

Easy to become dependent on these things, and really they help the pain no more than Aleve or Advil .. but the constant grind of the pain wears you down mentally (this on top of his fragile mental state due to losing his game and being ridiculed publicly since the hydrant) and the pain meds make your brain feel better (like two martini's after breakfast but with no booze).

Hope he sorts things out - and I'm not a fan ..... but very sympathetic of the hole he's dug himself into

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

true. Sure some golfers have stated a few things, but some others said they were not surprised by it either. And I don't see an outpouring of support from the PGA guys like one might expect. That's all. I don't like him, but I hope he gets better. That's just being human.

It's hard to take you seriously when you constantly contradict yourself.

It's hard to take you seriously when you constantly contradict yourself.

its hard to take you seriously when all you do is hate and do not read everything.

For me it falls squarely into the "there but for the grace of God go I".....

Amen!!

Have a great week Bro?

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24