2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asked about Narcan (Naloxone) for this situation.

It is a "narcotic antagonist" and renders Opioids dead on arrival. We administer it to Heroin overdoses and the patient literally wakes completely up in seconds. So, in short, had Tiger taken Narcan it would have helped to counter any pain meds founded on Opiates.

But....

We don't administer it unless a patient is unresponsive.

What is really amazing about Narcan is how it stimulates the breathing centers of the brain. This is what kills overdose victims in many cases - they stop breathing. The Narcan stimulates the breathing centers so well - I have given it to patients in flatline and had them start "trying to" breath for a few seconds until it wears off. So long as good CPR is going on it will do what it will do.

Our old protocols considered anyone unresponsive (coded out qualifies) to receive Narcan. We don't do it as much anymore because frankly it has gotten really expensive since everyone on Heroin is now buying it. (Used to be about $14 a dose and is now almost $100) But it is an amazing medication. Tiger just didn't qualify to receive it.

Yes, Narcotic reversal would not be used unless the patient was unresponsive. Benzodiazepines like Ambien can also be reversed with Flumazenil but again not used unless he was unresponsive. I’m not sure what the protocol is for someone who has taken both opiates and benzos. The opiate OD would be the more serious condition. At any rate mixing any of these is very dangerous. Do you know if both reversal agents (Narcan and Flumazenil) are ever given at the same time?

We don't carry the Romazicon pre-hospital because of the side-effects. Our MD prefers we load and go with those who have taken too much Valium, Ativan, or Xanax.

But I have seen both Narcan and Romazicon administered in the ER. Narcan has a very short half life - seconds. They administered it first to counter the narcs the guy had taken. And then they administered the Romazicon.

Unfortunately Narcan's half life also means there may be a necessity for additional doses. But it has no real side-effects so not a big deal giving more of it. Just give it slowly to prevent the really unresponsive patient from coming back to reality too quickly. (Can lead to them fighting you - and in rare cases can cause them to code)

In Tiger's case, he didn't need any antidotes. Just time.

Not unlike someone who downs too much alcohol. If they aren't in peril the ER will just allow them to sleep it off. If they are so far under the influence that they could aspirate the ER may opt to "pump the stomach". In one case, because a 16-year-old had consumed so much Vodka in such a short time and it was killing her they actually opted to perform dialysis. She died two days later from alcohol toxicity and aspiration pneumonia. Her mom and dad had allowed her to hold a "Sweet 16 Party" complete with Vodka funnels. Sad....

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

IMO Tiger recovers from all this and gives one more decent run.

I agree. He will eventually have his '86 masters.

I don't know. In 2086 he'll be well over 100 years old. I mean, hey I hope you're right, but I won't be around to see it.

there will still be some predicting the big comeback. Once his back thing gets worked out and all.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

I disagree with this. I think Tiger will most likely have another little run like 2012-2013 and that will be it. I think Phil will have his '86 moment with him finally winning his US Open in his 50's with his previous win before this his 2013 Open

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

I disagree with this. I think Tiger will most likely have another little run like 2012-2013 and that will be it. I think Phil will have his '86 moment with him finally winning his US Open in his 50's with his previous win before this his 2013 Open

Recovers from what the DUI? Sure. Spinal fusion. Not so sure.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Tiger is simply paying the piper now for all his excessive behavior, too much weightlifting, too much juicing which damaged his body, too many women destroyed his marriage. I really feel sorry for his mother and kids. He has turned into Earl version 2, and I hope this will bottom him out.

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

Tiger is simply paying the piper now for all his excessive behavior, too much weightlifting, too much juicing which damaged his body, too many women destroyed his marriage. I really feel sorry for his mother and kids. He has turned into Earl version 2, and I hope this will bottom him out.

Tiger juiced? Where did you learn that?

Let's see, linked to doping doctor Galea, body breaking down rapidly, has not won a major since drug testing instituted on PGA tour in 09. Where there is smoke there is fire, it will come out 1 day after his career is over. Would be willing to bet a large part of non disclosure agreement with Elin involves drug issues.

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

It is a "narcotic antagonist" and renders Opioids dead on arrival. We administer it to Heroin overdoses and the patient literally wakes completely up in seconds. So, in short, had Tiger taken Narcan it would have helped to counter any pain meds founded on Opiates.

But....

What is really amazing about Narcan is how it stimulates the breathing centers of the brain. This is what kills overdose victims in many cases - they stop breathing. The Narcan stimulates the breathing centers so well - I have given it to patients in flatline and had them start "trying to" breath for a few seconds until it wears off. So long as good CPR is going on it will do what it will do.

Our old protocols considered anyone unresponsive (coded out qualifies) to receive Narcan. We don't do it as much anymore because frankly it has gotten really expensive since everyone on Heroin is now buying it. (Used to be about $14 a dose and is now almost $100) But it is an amazing medication. Tiger just didn't qualify to receive it.

Yes, Narcotic reversal would not be used unless the patient was unresponsive. Benzodiazepines like Ambien can also be reversed with Flumazenil but again not used unless he was unresponsive. I’m not sure what the protocol is for someone who has taken both opiates and benzos. The opiate OD would be the more serious condition. At any rate mixing any of these is very dangerous. Do you know if both reversal agents (Narcan and Flumazenil) are ever given at the same time?

We don't carry the Romazicon pre-hospital because of the side-effects. Our MD prefers we load and go with those who have taken too much Valium, Ativan, or Xanax.

But I have seen both Narcan and Romazicon administered in the ER. Narcan has a very short half life - seconds. They administered it first to counter the narcs the guy had taken. And then they administered the Romazicon.

Unfortunately Narcan's half life also means there may be a necessity for additional doses. But it has no real side-effects so not a big deal giving more of it. Just give it slowly to prevent the really unresponsive patient from coming back to reality too quickly. (Can lead to them fighting you - and in rare cases can cause them to code)

Not unlike someone who downs too much alcohol. If they aren't in peril the ER will just allow them to sleep it off. If they are so far under the influence that they could aspirate the ER may opt to "pump the stomach". In one case, because a 16-year-old had consumed so much Vodka in such a short time and it was killing her they actually opted to perform dialysis. She died two days later from alcohol toxicity and aspiration pneumonia. Her mom and dad had allowed her to hold a "Sweet 16 Party" complete with Vodka funnels. Sad....

OMG. Well they're the "cool parents" right?

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

In one case, because a 16-year-old had consumed so much Vodka in such a short time and it was killing her they actually opted to perform dialysis. She died two days later from alcohol toxicity and aspiration pneumonia. Her mom and dad had allowed her to hold a "Sweet 16 Party" complete with Vodka funnels. Sad....

Did the hospital totally F up that person's care? ("Two days later")

Let's see, linked to doping doctor Galea, body breaking down rapidly, has not won a major since drug testing instituted on PGA tour in 09. Where there is smoke there is fire, it will come out 1 day after his career is over. Would be willing to bet a large part of non disclosure agreement with Elin involves drug issues.

He can win 5 times in one year, but needs roids to win a PGA Championship?

Please explain how that works.

In one case, because a 16-year-old had consumed so much Vodka in such a short time and it was killing her they actually opted to perform dialysis. She died two days later from alcohol toxicity and aspiration pneumonia. Her mom and dad had allowed her to hold a "Sweet 16 Party" complete with Vodka funnels. Sad....

Did the hospital totally F up that person's care? ("Two days later")

No. She was essentially brain dead from the moment of admission. But they can't declare them dead until the heart stops - and a young heart will keep fighting longer.

It never ceases to amaze me how little most people know about how things work in the hospitals. They were doing everything they could to try to reverse her misfortune. But from the moment she went unresponsive and vomited which was followed by aspiration, her fate was sealed. Her brain was damaged from a lack of oxygen (lungs full of infection) and alcohol toxicity.

As I said, sad....

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

You're PROBABLY right, but you still don't know, so best not to say things for sure. He won enough times after 09' to render the major argument bogus, and everything related to his back issues could just as easily be the overwhelming evidence that he just swung too damn hard for too long, especially when coupled with the physical toll of multiple swing changes and the reps that go in to them.

If it came out that he used any sort of PED I wouldn't surprised at all, but everything he is currently experiencing has several other plausible explanations. So until he has a major psychological break down or gets in a fight with a cameraman or something, we don't know anything.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Tensei AV White 85TX 1.0 // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour X  // Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour X
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-6i 26*- 30* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 7i-PW 34*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 59* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

But....

Wow! So sad losing a young life needlessly. ARDS is a no winner. A few years back I saw a similar incident where a young man down 27 shots with 15 minutes. Lucky for him we reported it to the club manager and he called EMS - they preformed a trek right there where he was passed out on the park bench. Not sure if he made it - doubtful, we were pretty remote.

Titleist TSR-1 10.5 Speeder Driver, 3-wood, 7-wood
Callaway Epic Star Max, 5-wood

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 6-AW

Titleist TSR-1 Hybrids 5 and 6 

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

But....

Wow! So sad losing a young life needlessly. ARDS is a no winner. A few years back I saw a similar incident where a young man down 27 shots with 15 minutes. Lucky for him we reported it to the club manager and he called EMS - they preformed a trek right there where he was passed out on the park bench. Not sure if he made it - doubtful, we were pretty remote.

Yeah, that one left some scar tissue. Drinking Vodka shots would have been bad enough but those kids were pouring the bottle right down a funnel. The doc told my pard and I that this made things worse because she wasn't able to take a breath which only displaced more oxygen as she was drinking it down.

Back to the OP, BTW, I also had a kid down some serious amounts of Xanax one time. We kept him going into the ER and they gave him the Romazicon. Was amazing how it worked. Similar to Narcan. But man he looked bad. Really, really ill looking. Can't help but wonder if Tiger has been on this stuff enough now that he has a tolerance of sorts of would thus suffer a withdrawal. I know the kid we ran on was in deep trouble. He was addicted to the stuff.

Sort of reminds me of Michael Jackson and his "Milk". Very fine line between being relaxed and stable and being on the ME's table.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

It's so sad that people wish such ill will on another person. Pathetic really.

It's so sad that people wish such ill will on another person. Pathetic really.

I, for one, would love to see him somehow/some way make a comeback. Would be awesome for the game and frankly would be very inspirational on many levels.

I agree with you 100% on wishing bad things for others. Seldom if ever, if those ill wishes do some true, do those who had the wishes end up feeling better about themselves somehow. Serves no purpose at all and really is very telling about those who would think/wish these things. Tiger, when all is said and done, is just a man. He makes mistakes. Who am I to judge him? Pretty simple concept actually. (For most that is)

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

lol, Galea did PRP treatments for him, if you don't know what that is, let's just say it it NOT DOPING

PRP is not doping, I had it done 3x on both elbows. Just using your own blood to help repair tendons.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

It never ceases to amaze me how little most people know about hospitals

Never ceases to amaze you? Why? That sounds arrogant. Well I wasn't there (were you?), but sounds like the doctors effed up, at least a little bit. They should have anticipated aspiration pneumonia and initiated treatment with steroids and IV antibiotics.

Most doctors make statements like "patient failed treatment." Actually, sometimes treatments fail patients. Sometimes doctors fail patients.

It never ceases to amaze me how little most people know about hospitals

Never ceases to amaze you? Why? That sounds arrogant. Well I wasn't there (were you?), but sounds like the doctors effed up, at least a little bit. They should have anticipated aspiration pneumonia and initiated treatment with steroids and IV antibiotics.

Most doctors make statements like "patient failed treatment." Actually, sometimes treatments fail patients. Sometimes doctors fail patients.

I was there. They did anticipate. Her brain was already swelling from the anoxia. The ME ruled her death as a result (primary cause) hypoxic encephalopathy. More related to the blood alcohol level than the aspiration. Which, BTW, would not have occurred had she not been completely unconscious with one of the highest BALs I have ever heard of.

Stop making assumptions. It was a bad scene, a sad scene, and the parents were totally to blame not the docs. No wonder I am all for tort reform.

Incredible.....

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Typically a Pharmacists must study physiology, microbiology, pathophysiology, clinical biochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, and pharmaceutical care.

However, maybe in Florida this guy is qualified:

giphy.gif

In all fairness, and no disrespect to pharmacists, but chiropractic physicians take the same courses that you referenced. And I would not consider myself an expert witness in this case.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

The officers wrote down Vicodin, vioxx (misspelled on report), and two other things misspelled. Is "soloxer" Soliris, an injectable monoclonal antibody? Then the other apparently a non-FDA-approved cox-2 inhibitor (and vioxx was pulled years ago).

Anyone know what is up with that?

The misspelled soloxer junk can't be a monoclonal antibody; I don't think tiger is that ill and/or has the condition it is listed to treat. So what does the "soloxer"refer to?

Well roids equals zero advantage in golf so if your speculation is true no one gaf

Well roids equals zero advantage in golf so if your speculation is true no one gaf

Well, that's just false. There are absolutely benefits to using them for any athletic activity. Not saying anything about anyone specifically.

BTW, if you are Fowler's cousin, you probably shouldn't advertise it. If you're not, it's really weird.