2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping G400 Driver, Fairway Woods and Crossovers (Including Bubba's Custom Driver and 3 Wood): Shot at

GolfWRX

I spoke to a sales rep at Roger Dunn Golf Shop (worldwide golf) and he said he heard their store is getting the LS tech head on Aug 4th. However, he could not confirm if that included special orders. That would suck "bigly" if special orders are delayed til end of Aug!!

?

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to a sales rep at Roger Dunn Golf Shop (worldwide golf) and he said he heard their store is getting the LS tech head on Aug 4th. However, he could not confirm if that included special orders. That would suck "bigly" if special orders are delayed til end of Aug!!

I was at Carl's Golfland today and they don't have the FW's and Hybrids - said it's a QC issue and hoping for late next week.

This is sorta disappointing. Went to grab a 3W today and was told they won't be in for a few weeks.

I understand release dates are targets, but they should have revised that date publicly if they knew they weren't going to meet it.

Most shops have no idea what's going on or when, and have to make calls to get any info.

Ping reps and their marketing dept have kinda dropped the ball on their management of this release.

Hate to say it, but I think sales will suffer for it.

On the bright side, picked out my driver (future purchase) and got to hit the irons today. I'm good on irons right now but if I was looking they would be high up the list of potentials.

The fairway release date has ALWAYS been Aug 17, was never targeted for July

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Well you and that one guy at Ping HQ are the only ones to know that. The guys at the shop didn't have that info... back to my previous comments about the reps.

Not trying to be a jerk but Sandy posted the release info back in June within this thread. It has always been the July/August split, at some point in this thread that got lost

Well you and that one guy at Ping HQ are the only ones to know that. The guys at the shop didn't have that info... back to my previous comments about the reps.

Not trying to be a jerk but Sandy posted the release info back in June within this thread. It has always been the July/August split, at some point in this thread that got lost

I think it is a fair point that retailers should also be aware and likely are not as much as they should. Also seems a bit odd to split the dates, announced or not.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I would imagine it's a case of them not paying attention. When I asked my shop to order my driver, they were told release date and backorder (I'm not bitter) and then were told release date of the fairway wood and the hybrid as well. I only ordered a driver but mentioned I might want to try the 3

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I think it is a fair point that retailers should also be aware and likely are not as much as they should. Also seems a bit odd to split the dates, announced or not.

My shop new the release date for the fairways and hybrids.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Any PING retail account has had this info for a while, if they paid attention to their mail, or the big, bright pink sheet also stating it that is attached to the hang tag on every demo club (and retail club) that they have been getting in over the past few weeks. It's not secret info.

Any PING retail account has had this info for a while, if they paid attention to their mail, or the big, bright pink sheet also stating it that is attached to the hang tag on every demo club (and retail club) that they have been getting in over the past few weeks. It's not secret info.

But it is SO much easier to blame the Rep and the Company versus the employee that is not paying attention! :stop:

one of the golftown managers told me the same August 17th for fairways and crossover (i've been trying to cross shop 4iron vs the 4 crossover)

Ping G400 Max / Speeder 661 Evo IV 
Sim Ti 3 / HZRDUS Blue 75
Cobra Radspeed 5 / HZRDUS Blue 75
Oven Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 / Modus3 105
Ping I210 5-U / Modus3 105
Vokey SM8 54D / Modus3 125

Vokey SM8 58 LBK / Modus3 125

Nike Origin Naked B2-01

You can order the Crossover with a loft different than stated correct? They can "bend it" or pick one that has the desired loft right?

You can order the Crossover with a loft different than stated correct? They can "bend it" or pick one that has the desired loft right?

100%

My Current WITB:

Ping G400 LST - Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.5

Ping G - 5 & 7 Wood - Project X EvenFlow Blue 6.5

Cobra Amp Cell - 4 Iron – Project X EvenFlow White 6.5

Ping i200 5-PW – KBS Tour

Ping Glide 4.0 Stealth 50,54,58 – TT Dynamic Gold

Cobra Vintage Stingray-40 

Noticed Bubba is back to the G driver, anyone have any info as to why the switch or is it just because of him not being dialed in and accustomed to the g400 yet?

Bubba tried the G400 for a while but has gone back to the G. He is really struggling this year so who knows. The poor guy looks way too thin with his no sugar, fried foods, water only diet. His arms look like sticks.

I initially was disappointed about the delay of the LST heads, but have been trying every shaft my dealer had and my own shafts from my G30 and G (non LS). With 8 shafts so far I can not get the G400 or G400 LST to perform like my G. It is a nice looking head and the sound is different (not better IMO). Unlike many people that are seeing 10+ yards I can not get within 5 yards of my standard G with the G400 LST and the standard G400 is even shorter. I put this years Alta shaft in last years G and it is longer than both G400 heads. At this point it doesn't matter when the LST head shows for me as after 8 total shafts there is nothing in the new heads for me. On a positive side the fairways and crossovers are a significant improvement. The hybrid is pretty much a wash with the G. I'm really not surprised as all along Ping only claimed a 2 mph ball speed increase which may be in part to the smaller head. My ping rep says it is great that some people are seeing tremendous distance gains, but his opinion was they maybe coming from an older driver or were poorly fit in the first place. Most of his PGA pros and leading amateurs that he fits aren't seeing those hefty numbers..

An aside on the new 4 sided weights. With the Alta shaft they appear to use a 10+ gram weight as standard. Instead of a screw in a circular tungsten infused rubber weight, this time they have a copper colored metal cover that has pins and a recessed round hole that sit on top of the tungsten infused rubber piece. I wonder if they had rattling or loosening issue because there are three ribs in the head cavity that slip into three slots in the weights. Usual screw torqued finishes the installation. So now the question will begin what weights are available?

Noticed Bubba is back to the G driver, anyone have any info as to why the switch or is it just because of him not being dialed in and accustomed to the g400 yet?

Bubba tried the G400 for a while but has gone back to the G. He is really struggling this year so who knows. The poor guy looks way too thin with his no sugar, fried foods, water only diet. His arms look like sticks.

I initially was disappointed about the delay of the LST heads, but have been trying every shaft my dealer had and my own shafts from my G30 and G (non LS). With 8 shafts so far I can not get the G400 or G400 LST to perform like my G. It is a nice looking head and the sound is different (not better IMO). Unlike many people that are seeing 10+ yards I can not get within 5 yards of my standard G with the G400 LST and the standard G400 is even shorter. I put this years Alta shaft in last years G and it is longer than both G400 heads. At this point it doesn't matter when the LST head shows for me as after 8 total shafts there is nothing in the new heads for me. On a positive side the fairways and crossovers are a significant improvement. The hybrid is pretty much a wash with the G. I'm really not surprised as all along Ping only claimed a 2 mph ball speed increase which may be in part to the smaller head. My ping rep says it is great that some people are seeing tremendous distance gains, but his opinion was they maybe coming from an older driver or were poorly fit in the first place. Most of his PGA pros and leading amateurs that he fits aren't seeing those hefty numbers..

Man it's great you don't need to upgrade.

I got fitted in 16' with my current set up and picked up 2mph SS and 5mph ball speeds but I did deloft the G400LS to 7.5 with same shaft as fit for in Dec. Crazy thing is my launch was the same at 7.5 with the new head compared to the 9 I was playing with the G LS at the time of the fitting. I loved the G20 and the G LS and looking forward to the new smaller head of the 400LS and hope the launch monitor gains carry over to the course. More importantly I hope the accuracy carries over as the G series was a great fairway finder just as the G20 was years ago as well. Thanks for the review as I'd would have been happier if I wouldn't have seen the gains and saved 450.00

Just went into Golf Town here in Canada, and the HZRDUS has a $150 up charge. That brings the driver to $750 CAD. Still planning to pick one up, but wow!

Ping G430 LST | Ping Tour 2.0 65 
TaylorMade BRNR | Project X Even Flow Riptide 70

Calaway X2Hot 5Deep | UST Elements Chrome+ 8
Titleist TSr3 | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95
PING i210 5-U | TT DG 120 S300
Vokey SM9 54.12D, 60.12D | TT DG S300
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless 350g

It was my intention to get professionally fit with a launch monitor, but I couldn't resist. Last year I played the G and loved it. Unfortunately it got stolen and I've been playing a Callaway GBB. Have really missed having a Ping driver. I have so much confidence in them.

So this morning I made a mad dash to the local golf shop before my round and bought a regular G400 in 9 degree with the alta. First swing was pulled hard left. I really like the feel of the shaft and don't think it's soft. I'm only 5'8" and I just think it's way too long so I then threw in my cut down tour shaft. The next driving hole I hit one 274 which is about max length for me. Normal distance for me is 250-265 with an occasional 270 yard drive. That was the only drive that found the fairway for me on the front nine. 1/6 and I was hitting hard hooks. I was in complete shock. At the turn I decided to raise my hands just a hair at address and focus on tempo. On the back nine all 6 drives hit within what seemed like 20 yards of the centerline with one running downhill into the left rough. I was able to finish 5/6 with another 270+. I can't say that it is any longer than my Callaway but I think my shortest drive with the Ping was longer than the Callaway shortest drive. I've hit many drives with the Callaway in the 235 range. Overall it was a great first round after I got the swing under control.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Just went into Golf Town here in Canada, and the HZRDUS has a $150 up charge. That brings the driver to $750 CAD. Still planning to pick one up, but wow!

As a follow-up to this, I went to GT again today. They gave me a different price of $102 for the HZRDUS. Additionally, they have a deal where if our spend $500 or more, you get $100 off (I think this goes until Sunday).

Yadda yadda...I got a G with the HZRDUS for $600 CAD and I'm happy with that.

Ping G430 LST | Ping Tour 2.0 65 
TaylorMade BRNR | Project X Even Flow Riptide 70

Calaway X2Hot 5Deep | UST Elements Chrome+ 8
Titleist TSr3 | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95
PING i210 5-U | TT DG 120 S300
Vokey SM9 54.12D, 60.12D | TT DG S300
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless 350g

Square

No way?? It looks unbelievably open when I set it down.

I called PING and the CSR asked the WRX department while I was on hold, they said all LST's are square +/-.5*

They definitely look wide open to me when soled

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft