Ping G400 Driver, Fairway Woods and Crossovers (Including Bubba's Custom Driver and 3 Wood): Shot at

GolfWRX

Has anyone heard of QC issues with LST 8.5 head? I can't find one locally and the shops are saying they've been recalled with no immediate ship date.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665
816 Alpha 14* Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T-MB 3 - PW KBS C-Taper
Vokey SM6 Raw 50*F & 55*M, Low Bounce K 59*
Scotty Cameron Newport Buttonback

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly it's all the Lst heads and it involves the tungsten weight falling out.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

I have 2 of these and the tungsten wt has fallen off of both. Not a huge deal as Ping will replace and the driver is by far the best they have ever put out. Great club!

Ping G425 LST 9 Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
Ping G425 LST 3 wood KBS TD Cat 4 
G 410 17 Hybrid KBS Proto 75X
PXG Gen2 0311T MMT 80
Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
Lajosi DD201

I have 2 of these and the tungsten wt has fallen off of both. Not a huge deal as Ping will replace and the driver is by far the best they have ever put out. Great club!

I find that Ping gets the benefit of doubt here, and if TaylorMade had a release go this awry that the scrutiny on here would be never ending. Double standard?

No question. That double standard has been earned over decades, you tend to be forgiving with those that have earned your trust in the past

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Tried the G400 LST the other day on the course. Had a g30 LST with Tour 65 X shaft currently. Put the old Tour 65 X (from the G30) shaft in the new head and played a few holes. Right away it felt like there was a dumbbell on the end of the club. Even gave me the mind set I had to grip harder just to hold on. Had to switch mid round back to the G30. Haven’t gotten the shaft that came with the G400 in to test, Tour 65 S, but wondering if they are the exact same shaft or if the new one has more counter weight cause the swing weight seemed way off. Was looking to simply swap the head get the improved sound and MOI but got more than I expected. More to come...

The new tour shaft is not the same. New one is supposedly made by Aldila and the old one was made by ust.

Ping G400 MAX 9* Rouge Silver 125MSI 60-TX
Ping G400 Stretch 13.5* Rouge Black 110MSI 80-TX
Ping Crossover 18* Tour 90-X
Ping i200 4-P KBS Tour 130-X
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*,54* SS 58* TS KBS Tour-X
Ping Sigma G Tyne H
Ping Hoofer
Titleist ProV1X

Tried the G400 LST the other day on the course. Had a g30 LST with Tour 65 X shaft currently. Put the old Tour 65 X (from the G30) shaft in the new head and played a few holes. Right away it felt like there was a dumbbell on the end of the club. Even gave me the mind set I had to grip harder just to hold on. Had to switch mid round back to the G30. Haven’t gotten the shaft that came with the G400 in to test, Tour 65 S, but wondering if they are the exact same shaft or if the new one has more counter weight cause the swing weight seemed way off. Was looking to simply swap the head get the improved sound and MOI but got more than I expected. More to come...

I did the same test and did not care for the 400LS. At some point, I’d really like to try the tini but no rush.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Has anyone heard of QC issues with LST 8.5 head? I can't find one locally and the shops are saying they've been recalled with no immediate ship date.

mine is going strong. and if toe and heal shot vibrate the head worse than center strikes, mine has been through the ringer.......

If you, being a Vandy fan, are going to Gainesville for the game, let me know and we can tee it up, as I live about 40 minutes north of there. You would have to drive past my house if you are on i75

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

The new tour shaft is not the same. New one is supposedly made by Aldila and the old one was made by ust.

Yes, I have sent emails to Ping and to UST to get more information about the new Tour wood shafts. Ping customer service gave some weird ambiguous answer stating that UST was a vendor but they couldn't confirm who made the shaft. UST stated in fact that they did not make the new Tour wood shafts, but made the shafts for the hybrids and the crossover.

Titleist TSR 4 - Autoflex SF 505XX

Burner Mini - Autoflex SF505XX

Cally Apex UW - Ventus TR RED 7x

Ping G430 3H - Ventus HY Blue 8x 

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW Axiom 105x

Hi-Toe 3 52/MG3 TW 60 - S400TI 

Odyssey Ai Milled Eleven DB w/Stability Tour 

While getting fit for my driver I definitely preferred the counter balanced shafts.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to buy a G400 9 degrees, but the guy from the shop told me he can adjust a 10,5 to be a 9... so my question is... is a 10,5 adjusted equal to a 9?

I am confused...

Get the 9°, don't get talked into something you don't want. The 10.5° can be adjustable to 9.5°, but not 9°.

Thank you! And is a 10,5 adjusted to 9,5 equal to a regular 9,5 or there is some kind of difference?

I would like to buy a G400 9 degrees, but the guy from the shop told me he can adjust a 10,5 to be a 9... so my question is... is a 10,5 adjusted equal to a 9?

I am confused...

Get the 9°, don't get talked into something you don't want. The 10.5° can be adjustable to 9.5°, but not 9°.

Thank you! And is a 10,5 adjusted to 9,5 equal to a regular 9,5 or there is some kind of difference?

No it would not be a regular 9.5. The face angle would be open ( not a true 1:1 ratio but close) so if you fight a fade or like to turn it over it might be a little tougher..

On a side note I just got a LST after jumping on trackman at our club just to "see" how the G400 LST hit. Was never planning on getting one as I am Titleist thru and thru but GAWT DAMN it sounded nice and had a great flight to it. Got the head and put a Kuro Kage DC TiNi Silver 60g X in it and played with it today. Whoa momma. Very Very impressed. Couldn't work it as much as my Titleist but man it went dead Word not allowed straight on a rope, high and far. Ping knocked it out of the park

I am confused...

No it would not be a regular 9.5. The face angle would be open ( not a true 1:1 ratio but close) so if you fight a fade or like to turn it over it might be a little tougher..

On a side note I just got a LST after jumping on trackman at our club just to "see" how the G400 LST hit. Was never planning on getting one as I am Titleist thru and thru but GAWT DAMN it sounded nice and had a great flight to it. Got the head and put a Kuro Kage DC TiNi Silver 60g X in it and played with it today. Whoa momma. Very Very impressed. Couldn't work it as much as my Titleist but man it went dead Word not allowed straight on a rope, high and far. Ping knocked it out of the park

Thanks!

I am confused...

What was your old titleist set up?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I am confused...

What was your old titleist set up?

917 D2 9.5 (set on C1 which is 8.75) with 65g 6.5 T1100

I received my LST 8.5* G400 last week. Ordered with the Kuro Kage 60g x-Flex.

I played it cold turkey on Saturday. First 9 holes I struggled with the timing of my swing (I sprayed it everywhere!). On the 10th hole, I got dialed in loading the shaft on my back swing and started hitting BOMBS! I was carrying it around 280yds but the roll-out was ridiculous (20-30yds on a dry-ish course).

Granted we are still in the honeymoon phase but so far, so good!

WITB
Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0*

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 15* 

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 19* 

Ping i525 4-UW

Titleist Vokey SM8- 54* and 58*

Custom Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

• 5 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I can still see the 2 & 6 Crossover where I originally found these pictures:

Maybe they pulled these lofts from the launch, or they intend to add them later in the year.

From the front page, with the G400 Crossover:

According to Ping’s testing, golfers will see 20 percent higher launch and 500 rpm more spin.

Was this even remotely necessary?

It does exist, or the 2 at least. Took this pic in the tour bus at the Andalucia masters at Valderrama. My guess is that is tour only.

Ping G430 LST 9* Kai'li White
Ping G425 Max 14.5* PX HZRDUS Yellow HC
Ping G425 Max 20.5* PX Evenflow Riptide LX Proto
Ping i230 4-P DG 120 X100
Ping Glide 4.0 52, 56, 60 DG TI S400
Ping PLD Anser

For what it's worth, I can still see the 2 & 6 Crossover where I originally found these pictures:

Maybe they pulled these lofts from the launch, or they intend to add them later in the year.

From the front page, with the G400 Crossover:

According to Ping’s testing, golfers will see 20 percent higher launch and 500 rpm more spin.

Was this even remotely necessary?

It does exist, or the 2 at least. Took this pic in the tour bus at the Andalucia masters at Valderrama. My guess is that is tour only.

GolfWRX pic of the year. Wow.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.