2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2017 Solheim Cup

4waymiss

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

240? Seriously? I hit a 3 wood 240. Lexi bombs the ball. 'Saw her at the KPMG, and she was a good 50 yards past Lydia and Inbee on her drives. The 1st was playing downhill with firm conditions. 290 no problem.

I don't know how far the hole was really playing but unless you have seen Lexi hit a ball in person you have no idea how far she can hit it.

I was at Demo Day a couple of years ago at the PGA Merchandise Show watching her hitting her driver. It was absolutely jaw-dropping! Bomb after bomb and I'm not talking 250-260. They were easily in the 280-300 range.

So yea, if the hole was playing downhill with a firm fairway, I can believe it might well have been 290.

How short a memory people have from a few days ago. And the one doubting her prowess might need a little education. The first hole was 290 to the front and she took less than driver and dropped it to 15-20 feet. People love to think that all these ladies are short knockers. They're not. The WRX nickname for her is "Blonde Bomber." It was well earned. Brittany Lincicome's nickname on the LPGA is "Bam Bam." These ladies can flat out hit a golf ball. Heck, Bam Bam hit a hybrid from 220-230 into a Par 5 and greened it for an eagle putt. Are they longer than the men? Of course not, but to simply pat them on the head and say, "nice try" is condescending. They're better than almost all us, and I have no shame in saying that. The regular participants of this side of WRX know that.

Hyperventilate and overreact much? You're going off on one at someone who praises Lexi's hitting ability (hint it's the bolded stuff above)? Eesh

Who is saying 'nice try' here and who is being condescending? The only thing condescending in any of these 3 posts is 50 year old men channeling their inner 13 year old and giving LPGA players nicknames.

Saying they're better than recreational golfers, needs a caveat of 'no shame'? Really? No kidding, they're professionals. There's nothing bold or revelatory in that. It's quite plain to see.

Don't get excited and "hyperventilate." We tend to have a little fun in this side of WRX and get away from the seriousness of all the other threads. This was directed an another poster. We read threads like, "Can an LPGAer beat a male scratch" all the time. Only events like this draw out more posters. Once the SC furvor dies down, it will go back to being a ghost town for regular events. If you're offended and a little "fun" and defensiveness I'm sorry. But for us who basically live here, almost no one takes the LPGA seriously and makes light of what they can do all the time.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

240? Seriously? I hit a 3 wood 240. Lexi bombs the ball. 'Saw her at the KPMG, and she was a good 50 yards past Lydia and Inbee on her drives. The 1st was playing downhill with firm conditions. 290 no problem.

I don't know how far the hole was really playing but unless you have seen Lexi hit a ball in person you have no idea how far she can hit it.

I was at Demo Day a couple of years ago at the PGA Merchandise Show watching her hitting her driver. It was absolutely jaw-dropping! Bomb after bomb and I'm not talking 250-260. They were easily in the 280-300 range.

So yea, if the hole was playing downhill with a firm fairway, I can believe it might well have been 290.

How short a memory people have from a few days ago. And the one doubting her prowess might need a little education. The first hole was 290 to the front and she took less than driver and dropped it to 15-20 feet. People love to think that all these ladies are short knockers. They're not. The WRX nickname for her is "Blonde Bomber." It was well earned. Brittany Lincicome's nickname on the LPGA is "Bam Bam." These ladies can flat out hit a golf ball. Heck, Bam Bam hit a hybrid from 220-230 into a Par 5 and greened it for an eagle putt. Are they longer than the men? Of course not, but to simply pat them on the head and say, "nice try" is condescending. They're better than almost all us, and I have no shame in saying that. The regular participants of this side of WRX know that.

Hyperventilate and overreact much? You're going off on one at someone who praises Lexi's hitting ability (hint it's the bolded stuff above)? Eesh

Who is saying 'nice try' here and who is being condescending? The only thing condescending in any of these 3 posts is 50 year old men channeling their inner 13 year old and giving LPGA players nicknames.

Saying they're better than recreational golfers, needs a caveat of 'no shame'? Really? No kidding, they're professionals. There's nothing bold or revelatory in that. It's quite plain to see.

Don't get excited and "hyperventilate." We tend to have a little fun in this side of WRX and get away from the seriousness of all the other threads. This was directed an another poster. We read threads like, "Can an LPGAer beat a male scratch" all the time. Only events like this draw out more posters. Once the SC furvor dies down, it will go back to being a ghost town for regular events. If you're offended and a little "fun" and defensiveness I'm sorry. But for us who basically live here, almost no one takes the LPGA seriously and makes light of what they can do all the time.

Got it. You go the passive aggressive, 'only light jesting route' excuse, when someone questions what you post. That's fine, we're all just here killing time.

There was a thread questioning jacked up yardages on the driving range - the driving range seriously - during the PGA Championship.

It's not just an LPGA thing, so really there's no need to treat it so preciously, get defensive, and call posters condescending.

Anyways, onward & upward to the Canadian Open!

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Duffer-go back to post #573 and read the responses. T and others were responding to a 240 claim. You are barking at the wrong posters.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Got it. You go the passive aggressive, 'only light jesting route' excuse, when someone questions what you post. That's fine, we're all just here killing time.

There was a thread questioning jacked up yardages on the driving range - the driving range seriously - during the PGA Championship.

It's not just an LPGA thing, so really there's no need to treat it so preciously, get defensive, and call posters condescending.

Anyways, onward & upward to the Canadian Open!

I'm just sensitive I guess. :) I usually don't get riled up. My apologies.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Who is saying 'nice try' here and who is being condescending? The only thing condescending in any of these 3 posts is 60 year old men channeling their inner 13 year old and giving LPGA players nicknames.

Fixed that for you and would post more but it's time for the Jodi Hyphen fan club meeting.

Damnit! Now I'm being ageist. I'm going to report myself to WRX HR for sensitivity training and get that sorted out.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Who is saying 'nice try' here and who is being condescending? The only thing condescending in any of these 3 posts is 60 year old men channeling their inner 13 year old and giving LPGA players nicknames.

Fixed that for you and would post more but it's time for the Jodi Hyphen fan club meeting.

Damnit! Now I'm being ageist. I'm going to report myself to WRX HR for sensitivity training and get that sorted out.

I better go with you Sir...

tzmoq.jpg

Probably the least intriguing Solheim Cup in memory. The Ryder Cup was blase when it was only Great Britain. This one felt like United States vs. Sweden only, given the color scheme Sorenstam brainstormed for every session, every day.

Yeah, we know where you are from. Nothing like subtlety.

I didn't mind Annika getting destroyed as captain, given all the shamefully favorable rules interpretations she gave herself as player...Solheim and elsewhere.

Besides, there were too many LET types on that European team. A friend of mine wagered big on the United States for that reason alone. He kept telling me for months, "It's going to look like LPGA vs. LET, with LPGA at home. How can you not bet on that?"

I was a dummy. I bet some matchups but not the overall result.

The European team needs to find a way to get some of its fringe veteran LPGA types on that team, and not so many mediocrities who happen to be loyal to the LET. Even though I don't like Caroline Hedwall she would have provided some spark out there. They should have forklifted her to Iowa, no matter her results.

Regardless, I think it's going to be a weak stretch for the European teams in forthcoming Ryder Cups and Solheim Cups. Especially Ryder Cups. They had a nice run that didn't make a heck of a lot of sense given the odds and big picture. Logically that will level off with a period in favor of the United States, no matter what the rosters look like entering the matches. I expect the United State to win in Europe next year, perhaps comfortably.

Otherwise:

* I'm not a huge Lexi fan but she is interesting given the wild fluctuations she can have during an event of even a single round. Nobody gets shook up like she does, with shanks and near shanks. Then somehow she rescues matters while others would keep going in the same direction

* Cristie looks so matter of fact out there while she's dismantling the opposition. Glorious to behold. She was in such walk-it-in mode this time it was like she triggered it even when the ball wasn't cooperating or even heading in the ideal direction

* Paula played well but for whatever reason I wasn't rooting for her or overly impressed. I thought she should have sat the first session and more than once. The arm trigger was overdone and never varied

* Stacy should return to one of those white smaller Ghost putters

* The pod should have been Salas, Yin, Lopez and Hurst. Actually that would have required a Pod

* Michelle's short putting was tentative and weak and awful looking. It looked like an accident when the ball dropped. The two short misses were pivotal in the Saturday foursome defeat alongside Danielle Kang. I've been expecting Michelle's semi-yips to return and frankly I have no idea how they stayed at bay for this long. It was like the long tabletop adoption tricked her mind for half a year to set aside the shaky nerves. When NBC showed a clip of Michelle putting during the 2015 Solheim Cup it was glaring how she banged in a 4 footer with authority using the tabletop method. Nowadays the ball is moving at perhaps half that pace. I realize everybody is praising the changed putting style but I'm not going to abandon my belief that she should have remained at tabletop, for short putts if not at every length.

I expect Michelle to comparatively struggle the remainder of the year. Her goal was Solheim. As I predicted early this season, her current fade-reliant method is exponentially superior to that A Swing garbage of 2016, and superior to anything she's tried since the Stinger years, but Stinger/Tabletop carried considerably more upside than Fade/Claw.

I do plan to attend CME in Naples this year, after missing 2016 while attending back to back November road games of the Canes.

Probably the least intriguing Solheim Cup in memory. The Ryder Cup was blase when it was only Great Britain. This one felt like United States vs. Sweden only, given the color scheme Sorenstam brainstormed for every session, every day.

I didn't mind Annika getting destroyed as captain, given all the shamefully favorable rules interpretations she gave herself as player...Solheim and elsewhere.

Besides, there were too many LET types on that European team. A friend of mine wagered big on the United States for that reason alone. He kept telling me for months, "It's going to look like LPGA vs. LET, with LPGA at home. How can you not bet on that?"

The European team needs to find a way to get some of its fringe veteran LPGA types on that team, and not so many mediocrities who happen to be loyal to the LET. Even though I don't like Caroline Hedwall she would have provided some spark out there. They should have forklifted her to Iowa, no matter her results.

Regardless, I think it's going to be a weak stretch for the European teams in forthcoming Ryder Cups and Solheim Cups. Especially Ryder Cups. They had a nice run that didn't make a heck of a lot of sense given the odds and big picture. Logically that will level off with a period in favor of the United States, no matter what the rosters look like entering the matches. I expect the United State to win in Europe next year, perhaps comfortably.

Otherwise:

* I'm not a huge Lexi fan but she is interesting given the wild fluctuations she can have during an event of even a single round. Nobody gets shook up like she does, with shanks and near shanks. Then somehow she rescues matters while others would keep going in the same direction

* Cristie looks so matter of fact out there while she's dismantling the opposition. Glorious to behold. She was in such walk-it-in mode this time it was like she triggered it even when the ball wasn't cooperating or even heading in the ideal direction

* Paula played well but for whatever reason I wasn't rooting for her or overly impressed. I thought she should have sat the first session and more than once. The arm trigger was overdone and never varied

* The pod should have been Salas, Yin, Lopez and Hurst. Actually that would have required a Pod

* Michelle's short putting was tentative and weak and awful looking. It looked like an accident when the ball dropped. The two short misses were pivotal in the Saturday foursome defeat alongside Danielle Kang. I've been expecting Michelle's semi-yips to return and frankly I have no idea how they stayed at bay for this long. It was like the long tabletop adoption tricked her mind for half a year to set aside the shaky nerves. When NBC showed a clip of Michelle putting during the 2015 Solheim Cup it was glaring how she banged in a 4 footer with authority using the tabletop method. Nowadays the ball is moving at perhaps half that pace. I realize everybody is praising the changed putting style but I'm not going to abandon my belief that she should have remained at tabletop, for short putts if not at every length.

I expect Michelle to comparatively struggle the remainder of the year. Her goal was Solheim. As I predicted early this season, her current fade-reliant method is exponentially superior to that A Swing garbage of 2016, and superior to anything she's tried since the Stinger years, but Stinger/Tabletop carried considerably more upside than Fade/Claw.

I do plan to attend CME in Naples this year, after missing 2016 while attending back to back November road games of the Canes.

Maybe Wie needs to adopt the Langer method of putting.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Otherwise:

Why doesn't it make sense? Is that because you are from MURICA!!!???? The big picture? WTH are you talking about? Europe has flat out abused the US in Ryder Cups lately. If the US had not won the most recent edition, you would not even be talking about it out of embarrassment. That was just the 3rd win since 1993, and now you just act like it was luck, and regardless of the roster going forward, the US will just automatically even things out?

WOW!

I just grabbed a quick 10 names, all happen to be inside the top 20 in the OWGR, but yeah, no chance.

rory

sergio

henrik

rahm

noren

rose

fleetwood

casey

Cabrerra Bello

molinari

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

It's a 13 year old thing to give nicknames?! Wow, I really am juvenile!! I love nicknames!! In the LPGA, at work, football - just love it!

Why doesn't it make sense? Is that because you are from MURICA!!!???? The big picture? WTH are you talking about? Europe has flat out abused the US in Ryder Cups lately. If the US had not won the most recent edition, you would not even be talking about it out of embarrassment. That was just the 3rd win since 1993, and now you just act like it was luck, and regardless of the roster going forward, the US will just automatically even things out?

WOW!

I just grabbed a quick 10 names, all happen to be inside the top 20 in the OWGR, but yeah, no chance.

rory

sergio

henrik

rahm

noren

rose

fleetwood

casey

Cabrerra Bello

molinari

Indeed. On the colour scheme seriously? Might not be familiar with this then:

eu-eun.gif

And because I'm a pedant, it was GB&I, like the Walker Cup.

F.T.

When it comes to women, I NEVER bring up or talk about age, period. Nothing good comes from it. :beach:

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-PW MMT 105S
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX