2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Paige to PXG Intersting Pickup

CCTxGolf

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine what she could earn if she was capable of stringing together three words with an umm, ahhh, or laugh.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

So much hate on here. I think people need to look at her for what she is - a Social Media Golf Celebrity. In a similar vein to guys like Coach Rusty, Crossfield or Rick Shields.

If PXG had signed someone like Shields or Rusty, there would be no complaints.

WITB 2023

Titleist TSR3 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6x
Callaway Apex UT 17 Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7x
Sim 2 Rescue 19* Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85X

TaylorMade P770 2017 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 120x
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*,54*,58*
Scoty Cameron Phantom X 9.5
Titleist Pro V 1 or TP5.

Titleist Linksmaster Club Bag

So much hate on here. I think people need to look at her for what she is - a Social Media Golf Celebrity. In a similar vein to guys like Coach Rusty, Crossfield or Rick Shields.

I know several posts have referred to hate and imho I really don't think anyone here hates Paige.. but there is some disdain for her here and other places... and honestly I can understand the perception that led to it whether deserved or not.

Also the comparison of an instagram girl to the guys you mentioned seems a bit off to me. At least for two of the three (not real familiar with Coach Rusty) it just feels like there is a bit more meaningful contribution for the golfing community from Shiels and Crossfield.

I know several posts have referred to hate and imho I really don't think anyone here hates Paige.. but there is some disdain for her here and other places... and honestly I can understand the perception that led to it whether deserved or not.

Also the comparison of an instagram girl to the guys you mentioned seems a bit off to me. At least for two of the three (not real familiar with Coach Rusty) it just feels like there is a bit more meaningful contribution for the golfing community from Shiels and Crossfield.

Coach Rusty is a trick shot guy.

Social media has done wonders for golfs exposure. Golf needs to open its doors to all and if a golfer/model like Paige can carve a career out of it, then fair play to her. I dare say a lot of people look up to her.

PXG have shown they don't want to do things the conventional way - signing Paige would seem to be part of that strategy. Her signing obviously moves the needle, judging by the number of posts in this thread.

WITB 2023

Titleist TSR3 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6x
Callaway Apex UT 17 Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7x
Sim 2 Rescue 19* Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85X

TaylorMade P770 2017 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 120x
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*,54*,58*
Scoty Cameron Phantom X 9.5
Titleist Pro V 1 or TP5.

Titleist Linksmaster Club Bag

Posted without additional comment.

https://www.golfdige...ia-savvy-to-pxg

In the issue of Golf Digest on which she adorned the cover, it was written that, “The vast majority of Spiranac's fans are males between 15 and 30-something, and—judging by the nature of their comments on various websites—it's possible that her last name is the longest word they know how to spell.” That’s not exactly the type of consumer base that purchases $850 drivers and iron sets north of $2,500.

I'd say that's exactly the type of consumer who would buy something they can't afford just because a pretty girl said they should lol!

Coach Rusty is a trick shot guy.

Social media has done wonders for golfs exposure. Golf needs to open its doors to all and if a golfer/model like Paige can carve a career out of it, then fair play to her. I dare say a lot of people look up to her.

PXG have shown they don't want to do things the conventional way - signing Paige would seem to be part of that strategy. Her signing obviously moves the needle, judging by the number of posts in this thread.

But what needle? If it doesn't translate to sales it means squat.

In the issue of Golf Digest on which she adorned the cover, it was written that, “The vast majority of Spiranac's fans are males between 15 and 30-something, and—judging by the nature of their comments on various websites—it's possible that her last name is the longest word they know how to spell.” That’s not exactly the type of consumer base that purchases $850 drivers and iron sets north of $2,500.

I'd say that's exactly the type of consumer who would buy something they can't afford just because a pretty girl said they should lol!

Being a sucker has it's financial limits.

Obviously she is a easy on the eyes but her YouTube channel is also funny and full of good golf content. Btw my comment was not specifically addressed at you I did not read past the 1st few pages of this thread. Hell, the amount of discussion about her in this thread alone is further proof she moves the needle.

I don't have a problem with her being sponsored by anyone. It's marketing, exposure, name recognition...whatever you want to call it. It's also nothing new. Blair O'Neal is sponsored by Cobra/Puma without having accomplished a thing. Now their name is plastered in female long drive events and now of course GC. Paige was sponsored by Callaway previously without having done a thing. PXG just got exposure to 1.2M of her followers. Maybe 2% of those can even afford PXGs, but now their name is out there. Even on the men's side, Alice Cooper is sponsored by Callaway simply because he's Alice Cooper.

I can understand her being a bit defensive. When people are basically saying that she's a pretty face with a bod, and bypass that she wants to follow her golf dream and needs a way to finance it. Kind of sounds like the abuse that Blair took here. It doesn't affect me one way or the other, but I'm happy for her. I hope she can finally get on the LPGA and put the criticism to rest.

Blair did win on Big Break TB...was it PEI?

I still miss Big Break.....

I miss it too, especially the seasons with an all female cast of golfers that look like Paige, Blair O'Neal, Cheyenne Woods, and Troy Mullins. Oh wait....did I admit this in a 5 page thread criticizing golf models like Paige...

Married to Callaway Clubs but I cheat with Nike Clubs on occasion.

Personally I find narcissism on this scale off putting, the novelty wore off after the first 500 selfies. Good luck to her though.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

maybe this move will help her crack the top 1000...... :yahoo:

Easy now! she'll say you're a hater and that you're cyberbullying her! and then her crew of white knights will attack you for daring to question her lack of golf game. Im not even kidding, thats the scary part...

Most that call her out for her lack of golf game would probably get beaten off the track by her in the same sport

Bob - Very smart businessman....you jealous? What would you do?

Paige - Perfect brand ambassador for these times...jealous? She put in the work to get where she is. Good for her

Don't understand the beef?

Capitalism at it's best.

Lol. What work? wear a skin tight catsuit to a driving range and film herself? or wear heels and hit 8 irons at top golf? then blow up at actual tourneys and blame online hecklers for her results? Listen shes a third rate Kardashian with absolutely zero chance of making the symetra tour let alone the LPGA.Good on her using that 15 minutes but lets step back on applauding the absolute nothingness of this "accomplishment" shes basically a boat show model which is okay by the way but lets not glorify it like she grinded out a living. She actually believes LPGA players despise her and are jealous of her thats how vapid she is.

I wouldn't doubt that some LPGA despise her, particularly the grinders. She's probably making tens to their cents without the week to week grind. it's really not much different than the desk jockey that grinds days but gets annoyed that the marketing guy (let's say) gets paid more despite the fact that they're never there but always looks like they're drinking bottle after bottle of wine hobknobbing for business,

Easy now! she'll say you're a hater and that you're cyberbullying her! and then her crew of white knights will attack you for daring to question her lack of golf game. Im not even kidding, thats the scary part...

Most that call her out for her lack of golf game would probably get beaten off the track by her in the same sport

Does she play competitive golf on any mini tour ?

Is she trying 2 play for a living or has that shipped sailed?

That's a great quote. I'm gonna have to write it down somewhere

AFAIK, not regularly. Seems to get the sponsor's invite to Dubai though.

I think that ship has sailed well into the horizon. I'd still like for her to try and would love for her to take a shot Bryan Berard style (gave up a insurance payout to go back into hockey) but I don't think that it's realistic for her. She probably has too much to lose (mind you so does any athlete, Anthony Kim?).

I say good for Paige.

You really may as well maximize your profits from the talents you have.

She's a good golfer, with a huge Social Media following, who appeals to women (through fashion, anti-bullying campaigns, etc.) and appeals to men via bikini photos, sweaty tank top photos, and more bikini photos. And now she'll be holding sexy PXG clubs.

Not a shocking move from the guy who brought you GoDaddy commercials lol

Sweaty tank tops? Yuk. The only time I want to see a girl sweat is when she's pole dancing under hot lights.

AFAIK, not regularly. Seems to get the sponsor's invite to Dubai though.

I think that ship has sailed well into the horizon. I'd still like for her to try and would love for her to take a shot Bryan Berard style (gave up a insurance payout to go back into hockey) but I don't think that it's realistic for her. She probably has too much to lose (mind you so does any athlete, Anthony Kim?).

What insurance? She was never a tour player on any tour. AK was arguably a top 5 in the world at that time, slightly different situations.