Still playing Nike Vapor Combos?

jklcmo

Got my new VPC irons, put new Tour Velvet grips on them, so glad I went back to these. I had the 718 Ap2 irons, but those were not as good. Got a new Engage 56 on the way, I am slowly going back to an all Nike bag. Man, I wish they still made clubs.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

Got my new VPC irons, put new Tour Velvet grips on them, so glad I went back to these. I had the 718 Ap2 irons, but those were not as good. Got a new Engage 56 on the way, I am slowly going back to an all Nike bag. Man, I wish they still made clubs.

I think we are copying each other! I added the VPC's and a 56* Engage as well.

#ForTheShoe

Does anyone have an idea where to look for a new set of the VPC I had them originally and looking to get a back up set maybe with different shafts. Also how much different are the the Pro's to the Pro Combos I have been seeing a lot of them on line. Was wonder if they are that much more demanding. The long irons in the VPC are amazing I feel.

The higher lofted VPCs don’t have the RZN material so pretty close to the VPs anyways. For me the 6 and 7 iron in the VPs are not that difficult to hit well and I love the feel and control. To your question - not much more demanding than VPCs.

The long irons in VPC are indeed a joy to hit. Made the 5 iron the blending point. Would have loved a 5 in VPC but found 2-4 on bst and so my set goes 2-4 VPC and 5-P VPs.

2nd round with my newly acquired VPCs. Christ, these things are good!!!! I have no use for my i200s anymore. I like the way these look, feel and perform. Its also really fun seeing the ball spin back on the green from all lies. It was also really fun hitting a 5 iron from 193 and the ball spinning back a little.

Im almost positive these are the gamers for 2018.

I am looking to pick up a pair of i200 actually, how would you compare the vapor pro combos to them? I would agree the VPC look better but I wouldn’t mind the added forgiveness from the i200.

The i200 will be a little more forgiving, but there's not much in it. The Pings have more bounce if you seek bounce. But IMO, if you can play one you can play the other. I've always found the VPC's to be so playable. Indeed, the 5 iron is like the 8 iron, really easy to elevate, and even the 4 iron was in my bag. So it is really whichever one suits your fancy.

I gamed the VPC, only tested the i200. I felt like the VPC had more zip off the face, but the i200 was in a PX LZ, which I have concluded is not a shaft for me. Love the PX and Rifles, but the LZ is entirely different. The i200 is my favorite Ping of the current lineup. Nothing bad to say about either club. I think the i200 head is slightly larger as well.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Took the newly refinished VPC / VP MM proto-ed combos to the range today. Shafts were the Nippon Pro Modus 120 S.

What can I say - Absolutely amazing!

The feel and crispness of the VP short irons is unlike anything else out there - and this from someone who has been playing Mizuno blades and PXG for a bit, and loves them both dearly. So easy to launch high or low, dead straight or shape on command. Felt like I had much more control than i have seen with some of the other players irons I have hit. They were perfect up to the 6 iron though I found the 5 iron hard work. More my skill limits than the clubs.

Switching up to the 4 iron which is where my set moves to the VPC was such a treat. These are so darn easy to hit and go straight like a rocket. The 3 and 4 irons in the VPC were easier to launch than the 5 in the VP. Need to find a 5 iron in the VPC line stat!

Had quite a few folks stop by and ask which Nike version I was playing with and loved the MM Proto look. These are definitely the new gamers now.

Stopped by my local GG today and they had a used set of VPC on the used irons shelf. Nice shape and quite reasonable price about $249. DG Pro shaft in R300. Almost bought them but the mid-long irons are a bit too "bladey" for me. Nice clubs in the higher irons. I need more help in the lower irons.

$250 in nice shape??? waaant.

The i200 will be a little more forgiving, but there's not much in it. The Pings have more bounce if you seek bounce. But IMO, if you can play one you can play the other. I've always found the VPC's to be so playable. Indeed, the 5 iron is like the 8 iron, really easy to elevate, and even the 4 iron was in my bag. So it is really whichever one suits your fancy.

I gamed the VPC, only tested the i200. I felt like the VPC had more zip off the face, but the i200 was in a PX LZ, which I have concluded is not a shaft for me. Love the PX and Rifles, but the LZ is entirely different. The i200 is my favorite Ping of the current lineup. Nothing bad to say about either club. I think the i200 head is slightly larger as well.

Sweet ...I am tested vapor pros currently with x100, I have VPC with s300 dg pros that seem to balloon a little to much, like the pros with x100 so far but forgiveness is out the window, want a pair of i200 to see if I like the forgiveness, a little extra bounce never hurt, will be keeping the vapor pros for sure tho

I would like to hit the i200 in Modus 120 or 125. I have the 120 in a set of Mizunos and it's great. The VPC in a Nippon shaft also has to be a winner. I don't hate the DG Pro shaft -- it's fine -- but I have never been crazy about it.

2nd round with my newly acquired VPC’s. Christ, these things are good!!!! I have no use for my i200s anymore. I like the way these look, feel and perform. It’s also really fun seeing the ball spin back on the green from all lies. It was also really fun hitting a 5 iron from 193 and the ball spinning back a little.

Im almost positive these are the gamers for 2018.

I am looking to pick up a pair of i200 actually, how would you compare the vapor pro combos to them? I would agree the VPC look better but I wouldn’t mind the added forgiveness from the i200.

Honestly, I think forgiveness is pretty close to dead on. The i200s might be a TOUCH more forgiving, but it’s close. When I look at forgiveness with irons, I tend to focus a lot on the longer irons. I feel like I hit the VPC longer irons a little better, but that could be just recent memory setting in.

I honestly think they are interchangeable as far as irons go. If you can play one, you can play the other without thinking.

The i200s are going to be slightly larger.. and honesty, the i200s are an incredible set. However, in my previous 2 rounds with the VPC’s, I’ve just enjoyed hitting them so much. Have a round today at an extremely tight course, so the iron play will be tested big time.

#ForTheShoe

I really dig the i200’s myself. Just off a stock session at the local GG store. But there’s something about the VPC’s that are just... better (for a lack of a better word). Feel a touch softer, touch more stable, touch more forgiving, etc. maybe it’s mental but I just prefer the VPC’s over the i200’s and I think the i200’s are a sneaky super great set. With that said, I’d pry bag the JPX 900’s over the i200’s if I didn’t have VPC’s in the bag. Those sticks are just a tick higher than everything else this year to me.

The VPC with the MM Proto look are as attractive and perform as well as any iron on the market. I also like the look of the i200, but If you put these two down side by side, I know I am picking those reborn VPC's. I am going to strip mine this winter and am thinking of reshafting them too, want a more mid-weight shaft. Going with a Modus, PX or CTL.

The MM treatment looks really good, but I am fine with the Volt/Black. Maybe when it starts to wear out, I will strip it. Love having the VPCs back in the bag.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

I still have mostly a full Nike bag. Pro combos 4-AW. Hit the epics last weekend and they were amazing. Luckily for my Nike’s, I’m not in the spot to drop $2k on irons, so they’ll stay out for the time being.

My 7i is typically between 165-175. I was on a track man last weekend hitting the Epic Pros between 190-210 with so-so range balls, to go along with an easy draw. The distance gain was unreal. The control also seemed to be better. I normally hit a fade and only able to hit a draw when necessary when really playing well. With the epics, I had a natural draw and was able to fade it on command. Felt very empowering to have both gobs of extra distance and controllability. I have been pondering picking up a new set of vpc’s as my gamers and using current set for range, but seeing how clubs are improving, I’m second guessing whether I’ll buy a second set or not.

Well never mind, I attempted to post my irons on the classifieds but I don’t have permission...anyone know how I get that?

You have to have so many posts. I think 75 which your are right at. Make a few random posts and then try again.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

what would y'all pay for a 3-pw knowing you prob wouldn't use 3 and 4 irons, and having someone else's initials stamped on them? faces are in good shape but the PVD is pretty torn up. would definitely MMPROTO treat them

For me, I would not pay over $200 in that condition.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X