Still playing Nike Vapor Combos?

jklcmo

With all the awesome new blades coming out I've been itching to grab a set of Mizunos or Callys but I just cant swallow the price when my Vapor Pros are so damn good and they were so cheap. Really dont see them leaving the bag anytime soon. I do need to give them the MM Proto treatment as the PVD is looking a little rough lately.

GBB 816 DBD
TM M2 Tour 16.5*
TM UDI HZDRUS 6.5
716 CB 2i/3i - PX6.5
Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW - PX6.5
Nike VR Forged 52*/58*
SC Newport 2 Notchback DB

Kevin Chappell still has VFP 2 iron, VPC, and MM Proto irons in the bag - as well as an Engage 48*

a7c6052ae6603b5031a08ba9f8281994.jpg

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Just got these today from Dallas golf. VPC 3 iron raw and VFP 2 iron. Stripped the blue and went with all black. Finishing MMProtoing a set of VPCs I picked up as well.

*Side Help* Im MMProto'ing a set of VPC's and am having an issue removing the paint on the badge itself. I don't want to rub too hard and leave a scratch. I put paint stripper that I used to remove the volt and left for 3 hours and its still hardly budging. Ive used a toothbrush and nail polish remover with no luck too. What did you all do that was successful?

Just got these today from Dallas golf. VPC 3 iron raw and VFP 2 iron. Stripped the blue and went with all black. Finishing MMProtoing a set of VPCs I picked up as well.

*Side Help* Im MMProto'ing a set of VPC's and am having an issue removing the paint on the badge itself. I don't want to rub too hard and leave a scratch. I put paint stripper that I used to remove the volt and left for 3 hours and its still hardly budging. Ive used a toothbrush and nail polish remover with no luck too. What did you all do that was successful?

I have not done mine yet so don't take my word for it, but I recall in reading this thread that one of the guys who has done his covered this in a how-to post. The answer is out there!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I have not done mine yet so don't take my word for it, but I recall in reading this thread that one of the guys who has done his covered this in a how-to post. The answer is out there!

Everything I've seen out there is for the PVD not the lower badge itself.

Are you talking the volt swoosh? I believe it to be citristrip gel....mine are coming today!!! #mmprotoproject

Are you talking the volt swoosh? I believe it to be citristrip gel....mine are coming today!!! #mmprotoproject

I believe he’s referring to the thin aluminum badge in the cavity that has the little star type pattern on it

I believe he's referring to the thin aluminum badge in the cavity that has the little star type pattern on it

Correct. Im going to try some more paint gel and leave it on longer but I am starting to run out of ideas.

I believe he’s referring to the thin aluminum badge in the cavity that has the little star type pattern on it

Gotcha......maybe a heat gun on low?

I used that paint stripper gel from Home Depot. The orange colored goop. It literally took about 20 hours of sitting on the badge to remove it. Once it’s on long enough it’ll wipe right off with a sponge.

1d784eb4358ced9f2827b288fd921e0f.jpg

Awesome. Thanks. I left it on for like 4 and it didn't even phase it. Its on there now again. Ill leave it on for a day then it appears. Thanks again.

I used that paint stripper gel from Home Depot. The orange colored goop. It literally took about 20 hours of sitting on the badge to remove it. Once its on long enough itll wipe right off with a sponge.

1d784eb4358ced9f2827b288fd921e0f.jpg

Are going to mmproto yours?

I don’t think I am. I’m on the side of the fence that likes the black and the volt. If the black starts to look beat up and the grooves are still in good shape I might give it a whirl

I'm actually playing vr pro combo! Just put a set back into play this week.....

And BECAUSE of this thread, went on prowl for lefty VPC....got them on Saturday and had dg pro r300 ready to put in.....needing 1/2" over I softstepped once having 2/3 iron shafts laying around....turns out that they were ALREADY half over ....ugh

Well after realizing the errors of my ways, I gripped down some and next thing.....

FLUSH CITY!!! final 5 holes were magical!!

I'll take them in to get swingweight checked and actual length but WOW what a set of irons.....slightly thicker than accustomed to but not obnoxious in any right.

Now on the prowl for lefty 3i as the long irons are a gem....as others have stated, pull the swoosh decal off and these would sell like hotcakes!!

And BECAUSE of this thread, went on prowl for lefty VPC....got them on Saturday and had dg pro r300 ready to put in.....needing 1/2" over I softstepped once having 2/3 iron shafts laying around....turns out that they were ALREADY half over ....ugh

Well after realizing the errors of my ways, I gripped down some and next thing.....

I'll take them in to get swingweight checked and actual length but WOW what a set of irons.....slightly thicker than accustomed to but not obnoxious in any right.

Now on the prowl for lefty 3i as the long irons are a gem....as others have stated, pull the swoosh decal off and these would sell like hotcakes!!

I too am a lefty and this thread pushed over the edge to return to VPC. Traded my set 6 months ago for the P770 irons, but when I saw the proto refinish I had to get a set.

Damn you WRX'ers!

I too am a lefty and this thread pushed over the edge to return to VPC. Traded my set 6 months ago for the P770 irons, but when I saw the proto refinish I had to get a set.

Damn you WRX'ers!

Did you find a nice set? Mine was from the bay ....guy said he played full season but that must have been less than 10 rounds as these are mint!!! Just need a 3i

Nike Proto'd to the tenth degree. VPC and VPro. Also have another set of VPC's where the badges are a little rough if anyone wants them. Think I may order another 2 iron so I can have 2 complete sets. Anyone have a decent shape spare PW lying around?

On a side note. How in the world do I fix this photo uploading being turned to the side?

Still have mine, didn't play like AT ALL this summer

Next summer Ill be back and get these rigs in action!

Although I am on the fence about selling them and getting some JPX 900 Tours ........

DSC_8578.jpg

IMG_8213.jpg

• Like 1

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Damn you WRX'ers!

Did you find a nice set? Mine was from the bay ....guy said he played full season but that must have been less than 10 rounds as these are mint!!! Just need a 3i

Got mine from the same place on ebay as the first set, Golf Avenue in Canada. Being in Australia means it will be a week before I see them. Based on previous experience with GA they should be in excellent condition

Great to see so many enthusiasts for the VPC. Going to proto mine as a winter project. Love the look.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Nike Proto'd to the tenth degree. VPC and VPro. Also have another set of VPC's where the badges are a little rough if anyone wants them. Think I may order another 2 iron so I can have 2 complete sets. Anyone have a decent shape spare PW lying around?

On a side note. How in the world do I fix this photo uploading being turned to the side?

Those look great, nice work.

I got a new set recently, and for now I like the Black/Volt. These are the best irons. I had a set, sold them, played another company, but missed the VPC. Finally got smart and found a new set, these will be in my bag until they fall apart.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X