Cut the Cord.

Yenamos

Playstation VUE is another good option, and does not require you to have a playstation console to use.

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want to pay for something which is available for free ? I have been using, Plex and even Kokotime for a very long time to watch Golf. But something which just got my interest is Kodi.The number of available Kodi addons are numerous. Some best addons I found out at https://www.kodivpn.co/kodi-krypton-add-ons/ are :

• Sports Devil
  • Falcon Sports
  • Dazn

Happy Golfing :) " Golf is good for the soul. You get so mad at yourself you forget to hate your enemies." :taunt:

So I finally went ahead and did it for real. After testing YouTube TV for about a month I called Verizon and asked to change my package to phone/internet only. They wanted to charge me full cancel fee and only drop my price by $9 a month. I called Comcast and got phone and internet for about $80 less a month than what I am currently paying.

YouTube TV, Amazon Prime, Netflix, PGA Tour Live, covers all wife/kids shows and live sports and all for less than cable price.

I wanted to start a new thread on this, but I thought I would just add it here. Starting this month, ESPN+ is adding a direct to consumer streaming service. One of the things they will have is live PGA Tour golf. What broadcast/feed is ESPN+ using? https://espnmediazon...4-99-per-month/

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Using Roku device. I got Sling TV Blue for $25, added sports package with GC for $10. 55ish channels for $35 a month. Outside antenna gives another 67 channels. Being members of Amazon prime you get prime TV free which equals thousands of movies & shows. Internet is $60. Now my bill is $100 a month vs $180 with Spectrum.

This is interesting. The outside antenna you mentioned, is it an HD antenna or VHF/UHF? Here in NW Florida I don't believe I can receive broadcast signals.

Sorry I missed your question. It's a HD antenna that I got from Lowes for $100. I'm in central FL so I point mine towards Tampa. I even set my mom up with one and she gets over 60 stations. The picture is just like cable, not like the old days where your turning & yelling, "How's that!" or your sibling holding the curtains open - lol. Don't waste your time with the indoor ones from Walmart... They suck!

NW Florida has all sorts of TV broadcast stations so I dont know what thats about.

So let's clarify.. there is no such thing as an "HD" antenna. HD is a fancy name mfgrs have put on the packaging making you think this is some sort of magical device needed to pick up HD signals. That's wrong. A pair of old "rabbit ears" antenna (ie; from the flee market) can pick up and display the digital broadcast to your TV .. and if the broadcasts are in 720/1080 HD then thats what it shows up on your tv as.

All broadcasts signals are digital (mandated from analog to digital 2009?). Not all broadcasts are HD (720/1080).. some are SD 420.

Therefore, if the local TV broadcast stations are closeby (ie; 5 -10miles) you could use old rabbit ears and it will pick up the digital HD broadcast.. and for that matter..if the station is that close..you could stick a metal coat hanger in the coax input and it will pick it up and be crystal clear HD.

But, if the stationsa re out 25-50 miles then you need to buy an antenna with better "reach"... like a singe or double figure 8 that appear to be common in stores these days.

The bottom line is buy the antenna based on it's ability to pull in stations by distance. They all pick up HD broadcasts. I have a Clearstream single figure 8 mounted on the corner of my deck and it picks up any/all stations 60 miles out no problem. Digital (HD) broadcast either comes in perfect or it doesn't (ie; pixelizes or drops). There's no "snow" like back in ancient times.

I signed up for DirecTV Now about 6 months ago. I had first tried Hulu, but dropped it 3 days into the trial because the streaming quality for sports was poor at 30 FPS vs 60 FPS for PS Vue and DirecTV Now.

DTV Now has generally been very good. I’m an AT&T cell customer, so I get a $25 per month discount and free HBO. Given the discount, I chose the $60 per month plan ($35 per month after my discount) that includes 100 or so channels including a bunch of premium sports channels (the Golf Channel is in this package).

The no DVR thing bothered me initially, but most stuff is also available on demand. I was also added to DTV Now’s beta app including DVR, so I was only really without DVR functionality for a few months.

The quality of the stream is generally very good, and there’s nothing I miss about the Verizon Fios cable I dropped.

I was paying around $210 per month for internet and TV with whole house DVR on 3 TVs. I’m now paying $65 per month for 75 mbps Internet from Verizon and $35 for my TV service, for a net saving of around $110 per month. I probably dropped a few channels with the switch, but other than the Verizon local news channel, there’s nothing I miss.

I wanted to start a new thread on this, but I thought I would just add it here. Starting this month, ESPN+ is adding a direct to consumer streaming service. One of the things they will have is live PGA Tour golf. What broadcast/feed is ESPN+ using? https://espnmediazon...4-99-per-month/

That's a good deal particularly for folks that can get by on OTA, Netflix and all free tv options. I was a cord cutter for about 4 years and tried PS Vue and Sling. I liked Vue the best. But my internet only plan with Comcast kept going up(Comcast my only option) and I finally gave in to a 2 year tv + internet plan for just a tad more than what I was paying with Vue and internet. I'm really enjoying my package but when the 2 years is up I know they will jack up the prices again. I will revisit cord cutting at that time. Will be even more options by then.

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

Forgot to add to this with YouTube TV the DVR will record your shows but if the channel puts the show On Demand, it will replace your DVR version. Which forces you to watch the commercials. That wasn't acceptable to me

Whoa, I did not know that about youtube tv. Hulu's doesn't seem to do that, that i've noticed anyway.

Forgot to add to this with YouTube TV the DVR will record your shows but if the channel puts the show On Demand, it will replace your DVR version. Which forces you to watch the commercials. That wasn't acceptable to me

Whoa, I did not know that about youtube tv. Hulu's doesn't seem to do that, that i've noticed anyway.

Yeah that one ticked me off. The whole point of me dvring it is to avoid constantly watching commercials. And it wasn't just one or two, there were three sets of five commercials in a half hour show and most of them were the same.

Ok found a great combination for international locations.

#1 using expressvpn now with a plethora of locations

#2 using youtubetv which will give you local CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX and ESPN/Golf Channel

This will give me any tourney I could need. some locations of expressvpn work to give local networks and some don't. However torguard vpn which I was using doesn't give you any at all!

15 months for 99 bucks for express vpn

youtubetv I think is 35 bucks a month

great combination.

I recently switched from cable to YouTubeTV, and I really like the Cloud DVR. I use the app on my Roku Ultra to stream to my LG OLED TV because I like it better than the app on the TV. When an ad comes on a DVR'd show, I can just fast forward through ads, which you can see in a tiny window as you fast forward. When the next scene in the program comes up, I just hit play. Works for me.

Using Roku device. I got Sling TV Blue for $25, added sports package with GC for $10. 55ish channels for $35 a month. Outside antenna gives another 67 channels. Being members of Amazon prime you get prime TV free which equals thousands of movies & shows. Internet is $60. Now my bill is $100 a month vs $180 with Spectrum.

This is interesting. The outside antenna you mentioned, is it an HD antenna or VHF/UHF? Here in NW Florida I don't believe I can receive broadcast signals.

Sorry I missed your question. It's a HD antenna that I got from Lowes for $100. I'm in central FL so I point mine towards Tampa. I even set my mom up with one and she gets over 60 stations. The picture is just like cable, not like the old days where your turning & yelling, "How's that!" or your sibling holding the curtains open - lol. Don't waste your time with the indoor ones from Walmart... They suck!

NW Florida has all sorts of TV broadcast stations so I dont know what thats about.

So let's clarify.. there is no such thing as an "HD" antenna. HD is a fancy name mfgrs have put on the packaging making you think this is some sort of magical device needed to pick up HD signals. That's wrong. A pair of old "rabbit ears" antenna (ie; from the flee market) can pick up and display the digital broadcast to your TV .. and if the broadcasts are in 720/1080 HD then thats what it shows up on your tv as.

All broadcasts signals are digital (mandated from analog to digital 2009?). Not all broadcasts are HD (720/1080).. some are SD 420.

Therefore, if the local TV broadcast stations are closeby (ie; 5 -10miles) you could use old rabbit ears and it will pick up the digital HD broadcast.. and for that matter..if the station is that close..you could stick a metal coat hanger in the coax input and it will pick it up and be crystal clear HD.

But, if the stationsa re out 25-50 miles then you need to buy an antenna with better "reach"... like a singe or double figure 8 that appear to be common in stores these days.

The bottom line is buy the antenna based on it's ability to pull in stations by distance. They all pick up HD broadcasts. I have a Clearstream single figure 8 mounted on the corner of my deck and it picks up any/all stations 60 miles out no problem. Digital (HD) broadcast either comes in perfect or it doesn't (ie; pixelizes or drops). There's no "snow" like back in ancient times.

https://www.antennaweb.org/Address

• 9 months later...

Another poster mentioned streaming the events on Reddit, but I've had some trouble in the past finding a consistent stream that doesn't buffer every 15 seconds.

yeah the reddit streams are not 100% reliable but so far many have worked for me. able to stream PPV boxing/MMA and a lot of football during the season to keep track of my fantasy players. i wouldn't call over friends and stream but it's good for personal use.

i tried the Kodi route with some builds but they're all unreliable and take forever.

we have cable at home, Grande Communications (Texas based) w/ TiVo and it's not that bad. pay roughly $140ish. our internet is stupid fast. just hate all the stupid taxes and fees that add up. maybe one day since cable cutting is getting more popular.

a year later - we're now paying $180+/month and will be cancelling cable today! taxes and fees alone were $65+/month. YouTube TV was just made available to my area during their last push so we've been trying them and like it. I also purchased a few Roku's since YTTV doesn't work with the fire sticks. by purchasing new Roku devices - we got a free month of YouTube TV also for being new subscribers.

we're going to stick with my current ISP for internet. 300/20 plan for $35/month. all in all - saving about $100/month so well worth it. YTTV comes with all the local channels but even if they didn't, a bunny ears antenna could pick them up easily as we're not far from them.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Started with PS Vue but have been a happy YouTube TV subscriber for over a year.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

When all is said and done, you don't get the same and if you do, you really saving peanuts.

Just stay with cable.

Plus, you get to watch Predator every day ; )

ChiefZigzagCoot-size_restricted.gif

Depends what peanuts is. And what you want. In my case, I’m getting more, paying less, and feeling slightly less exploited. Because Comcast has a monopoly on high-speed internet in my area, we’re “only” saving $50/month. If we had the same internet cost enjoyed in communities served by Fios or some other high speed internet competitor it would be more. But three times, our cable bill increased to the point where in the family “well, what are we going to do?” discussion we decided we couldn’t afford cable. Each time, when we called to cancel, we were offered lower prices for a lowered level of service or a phone bundle or something that brought the price down to a point where we said ok. Then, each time, as soon as the introductory period ended, our bill shot back up and we wound up paying more for less. In the end, we were paying over $200 for the Golf Channel and a bunch of useless channels. All of the other channels I used to watch (Science, Discovery, Speed, Spike, Military Channel, whatever channel had all those home improvement shows) were gone. With Sling I have more of the channels I want, and, little as it may be, we’ve done something to oppose the blatant gouging. There are many pirates in the world; you escape the ones you can.

When all is said and done, you don't get the same and if you do, you really saving peanuts.

Just stay with cable.

Depends what peanuts is. And what you want. In my case, I’m getting more, paying less, and feeling slightly less exploited. Because Comcast has a monopoly on high-speed internet in my area, we’re “only” saving $50/month. If we had the same internet cost enjoyed in communities served by Fios or some other high speed internet competitor it would be more. But three times, our cable bill increased to the point where in the family “well, what are we going to do?” discussion we decided we couldn’t afford cable. Each time, when we called to cancel, we were offered lower prices for a lowered level of service or a phone bundle or something that brought the price down to a point where we said ok. Then, each time, as soon as the introductory period ended, our bill shot back up and we wound up paying more for less. In the end, we were paying over $200 for the Golf Channel and a bunch of useless channels. All of the other channels I used to watch (Science, Discovery, Speed, Spike, Military Channel, whatever channel had all those home improvement shows) were gone. With Sling I have more of the channels I want, and, little as it may be, we’ve done something to oppose the blatant gouging. There are many pirates in the world; you escape the ones you can.

You're right of course ; ) I need to go through the Sling and Youtube plans. I am watching Amazon Prime a lot, I think the only movie channel I need is HBO for GoT. 50 bucks/month is pretty nice!

Still will miss seeing Predator everyday on Showtime. I guess I could just buy it on Prime but it's not the say as when it's "on TV" ; )

cutting our cable and going the YTTV route will save us over $100/month. I'll take those peanuts.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Sling TV. Works well. Had Hulu first, was very glitchy and they raised the price after two months. Nope, bye.

Still trapped by Comcast internet as there are no high-speed competitors in this area.

Currently in my first month with Hulu Live and already cancelled after this month. Exact same experience. Their streams are very glitchy and CBS is still not broadcast in 60fps so all sports are unwatchable on it. And now the price increase with all these issues? Ya, no thanks.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

Just stay with cable.

Saving $1K/yr by dropping comcast and no longer paying $40+ in fees and taxes from them. To each their own, but I couldn't stand being tied to a contract and paying rental fees on top of bogus broadcast fees, etc.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x