Single Length Updates (post'em up!)

OsnolaKinnard

Here you go... Lofts are standard for Cobra forged one length you can look them up on their website. My driver swing speed is 105ish.

Very interesting... my driver swing speed is about the same, and my top end (4i) and bottom end (gw) are about the same at 200 & 110, but my long iron gaps are tighter (10yds 4i-7i) and my short iron gaps are larger (12-15yds 8i-pw). We're almost a full club different at 150yds. Most of the time I'm hitting 9i or backing off my 8i at 150.

Your data is likely way more accurate though, so my numbers would probably be very different if I was actually measuring actual shot results.

If your gap wedge goes 110 and you have 12-15 yard gaps from your 8i to PW...and your 9I goes 150 yards then your pitching wedge goes 135-138 and your gap down to your gap wedge is 25-28 yards! That is a massive gap to have in the scoring range.

You state you have larger gaps than me in the short irons but I actually have 13 yard average gaps from 8i to GW just like you state. I then average 12 yard gaps from 4i to 8i. So I have incredibly even distribution during the bag.

Some clubs are a bit lower than normal as I tend to hit more half and 3/4 shots with them (PW being a prime example of a club I rarely hit full)

Also my data is derived from actual on course play of about 20 rounds or so and so some clubs that I simply hit less have far less data than others.

Overall though it has been really helpful for me to learn my real on course numbers and to be able to make sure I have appropriate gapping throughout my bag... for example I would much rather have greater precision from 100-150 yards than from 200-250 where really all I care about is solid contact in the general direction of the flag.

I really recommend Arcos to people for this reason has been elucidatory for me. Cheers!

That was one of my big issues going from VL to OL. My VL PW was about 130 and my old GW topped out around 115. When I went to OL, my PW goes much higher and a little further and my new GW is a little shorter so there is a much larger gap than I'd prefer. I rarely hit a full GW or SW so that's not a huge issue, but I definitely had to spend some time figuring out how to take 10-15 yards off my PW when needed. Since I don't have any club changes on the horizon, I think I might look into Arccos as part of my game improvement plan for this year.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

Have any of you tinkered with finding a hybrid or driving iron that can be bent a lot more upright and added weight to it?

Right now I've abandoned the F8 OL Hybrid and gone back to my hacked One Length Fly-Z 3 hybrid. I actually didn't bend it, but used the myfly8 adapter to set it to the "draw" setting which makes it a bit more upright (2 degrees I think). I don't know what the actual loft/lie are now, but I haven't had any problem with ground interaction and the distance is in the 210-220 range where I need it to be.

The Fly-Z hybrid has a hole in the hosel that gives you easy access to the cavity for adding weight. The F8 OL 3 hybrid is 266g. I don't remember the stock measurements of the Fly-Z, but I measured a stock bio cell head and it's 238g with the adapter. After adding cotton twine to the Fly-Z, my head weighed about 254g including the adapter. There wasn't anything magical about those numbers, I just taped washers to the dry-fit head/shaft until it felt good and had a decent swingweight (D1), then added the equivalent amount of cotton twine to the cavity to replace the weight of the washers, took everything apart, and built it normally.

It looks like I'm swinging one of my kids clubs, but it works, lol. Great around the greens also.

WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

That was one of my big issues going from VL to OL. My VL PW was about 130 and my old GW topped out around 115. When I went to OL, my PW goes much higher and a little further and my new GW is a little shorter so there is a much larger gap than I'd prefer. I rarely hit a full GW or SW so that's not a huge issue, but I definitely had to spend some time figuring out how to take 10-15 yards off my PW when needed. Since I don't have any club changes on the horizon, I think I might look into Arccos as part of my game improvement plan for this year.

That was something I experienced, too. It turned out that the Sterling GW has a much lower bounce than did my traditional GW. I was sliding the club under the ball more. I've since developed a bit steeper angle of attack and that has largely negated the pop-up GW. But not entirely, unfortunately.

It looks like I'm swinging one of my kids clubs, but it works, lol. Great around the greens also.

That's the feeling a lot of people get with single-length clubs when hitting the lower-lofted irons or hybrids. I remember standing over a 200-yard shot with that teeny, tiny 4-iron, feeling like I was holding a cut-down club from some little kid's bag. Until it launched, however!

That was something I experienced, too. It turned out that the Sterling GW has a much lower bounce than did my traditional GW. I was sliding the club under the ball more. I've since developed a bit steeper angle of attack and that has largely negated the pop-up GW. But not entirely, unfortunately.

I still play standard length wedges, so that's also probably part of the problem. I'm sure if I switched to single length wedges, the gaps would settle into the right amounts. I'm still working toward feeling comfortable with the longer wedges.

I've always had a slight variance between wedges and irons (36.4 vs 36.7) but I'm about to pull shafts and send the sterling heads for a raw finish. When I reinstall I'm going 36.4 across the board. Seems to be my magical length. Not much difference but just enough I think I'll see even greater improvement.

Not to mention a raw sterling iron should look pretty cool too with my black oxide vokeys.

It's all about the look! LoL

Bag: Ping Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Driver: TM SIM2 Max 9* Hybrids: Cobra RAD Speed 19* & 25* Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60* Putter: SGC WB Northwood Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

I think I've found a very hot head driving iron that I can get weighted up to 270 and bent up as much as I want.

https://henry-griffitts.com/Irons/

Its the HS1 series, I've hit them before very hot heads and he said they can weight them and bend them as much as I like. If I could find a 2,3 and 4 iron that I can keep the same length as my other irons and actually hit it high and far like a normal lower lofted iron that would be the holy grail.

WITB: 

Aerojet 10.5 Ventus 7S

Cobra Tec 17, 21, 24 hybrids

New Level 623 CB 5-PW

Mizuno S23 52, 56, 60

Edel have been nice after 2 rounds.

- 2 rounds in the high 80s on courses that typically beat me up = I will TAKE IT!

Club Champion Fitting:

- Took advantage of their end of year sale - 33% - 50% of fitting

- They had a 4/6/P with all shaft flexes/profiles & head weights

- Worked with a great guy who finely balanced telling me enough & cycling through the various options without making my brain break

- First Club Champion experience and recommend it. You can try/compare anything to help eliminate what if questions + I didn’t encounter any pressure to buy

Fitting Results (I’m 6 foot 4)

- 4-SW

- 37.75 length

- 63 degree lie for all except 63.5 5-iron and 64 4-iron

- 12g head-weight for all except 8g 5-iron and 6g 4-iron

- 95g Stiff Short Iron Profile for all (this was interesting. Edel even confirmed with us to be sure! Numbers made us trust it, tho.)

- Midsize Tour Velvet for all (had always played standard. like this a lot)

- Got consistent carry gapping with this set-up. 8 iron = 150 carry

Went with the Short Iron Profile for all because I got the best dispersion while BEATING my incumbent IBlades in ball flight height and spin. When I broke all rules of GolfWRX by not getting fit for my Cobra Forged Tec Black, I had issues with the balls not holding greens. Spins are where they should be with the Edels and I like the lack of offset. The clubhead itself is shorter (left to right) than the iBlades, which would have been scary BUT the top line is thick enough to provide comfort without looking at all like a shovel. They are beauties!

Current things working through:

- 4 & 5 iron.

Haven’t had to hit them in play yet too much. Have hit about three 4 iron shots, 2 of which were 200 yd grounders (dead straight tho!). Need to get comfortable with using the same swing and not over-swinging with these.

- Chipping

I have a really hard time elevating little green side chip shots with the SW. It’s like I’m hitting a punch shot with check. I may supplement with a variable length 58 degree, but still trying to figure it out. I believe this is mostly on me and poor chipping form/swings. Even though the SW is a chunky on the back compared to like a Vokey Wedge, at 55 degree, I should be able to elevate when green-side

Loving:

- 6 iron through Gap & consistent set-up

- Shafts feel really solid. Let yourself complete a smooth backswing and it is go time!

- OMG I can’t believe it but I’m using iron covers for the first time ever b/c I want to keep these nice. Towel dry after each shot and remove cover when getting home to prevent moisture / rust

My 2 cents after 2 rounds. Big thanks to the Edel players on this thread for all of the insight that helped me think through going this very cost-intimidating route! I like the one length concept and just HAD to give it a go. Will keep working with it and see where it goes.

Edel have been nice after 2 rounds.

- 2 rounds in the high 80s on courses that typically beat me up = I will TAKE IT!

Club Champion Fitting:

- Took advantage of their end of year sale - 33% - 50% of fitting

- They had a 4/6/P with all shaft flexes/profiles & head weights

- Worked with a great guy who finely balanced telling me enough & cycling through the various options without making my brain break

- First Club Champion experience and recommend it. You can try/compare anything to help eliminate what if questions + I didn’t encounter any pressure to buy

Fitting Results (I’m 6 foot 4)

- 4-SW

- 37.75 length

- 63 degree lie for all except 63.5 5-iron and 64 4-iron

- 12g head-weight for all except 8g 5-iron and 6g 4-iron

- 95g Stiff Short Iron Profile for all (this was interesting. Edel even confirmed with us to be sure! Numbers made us trust it, tho.)

- Midsize Tour Velvet for all (had always played standard. like this a lot)

- Got consistent carry gapping with this set-up. 8 iron = 150 carry

Went with the Short Iron Profile for all because I got the best dispersion while BEATING my incumbent IBlades in ball flight height and spin. When I broke all rules of GolfWRX by not getting fit for my Cobra Forged Tec Black, I had issues with the balls not holding greens. Spins are where they should be with the Edels and I like the lack of offset. The clubhead itself is shorter (left to right) than the iBlades, which would have been scary BUT the top line is thick enough to provide comfort without looking at all like a shovel. They are beauties!

Current things working through:

- 4 & 5 iron.

Haven’t had to hit them in play yet too much. Have hit about three 4 iron shots, 2 of which were 200 yd grounders (dead straight tho!). Need to get comfortable with using the same swing and not over-swinging with these.

- Chipping

I have a really hard time elevating little green side chip shots with the SW. It’s like I’m hitting a punch shot with check. I may supplement with a variable length 58 degree, but still trying to figure it out. I believe this is mostly on me and poor chipping form/swings. Even though the SW is a chunky on the back compared to like a Vokey Wedge, at 55 degree, I should be able to elevate when green-side

Loving:

- 6 iron through Gap & consistent set-up

- Shafts feel really solid. Let yourself complete a smooth backswing and it is go time!

- OMG I can’t believe it but I’m using iron covers for the first time ever b/c I want to keep these nice. Towel dry after each shot and remove cover when getting home to prevent moisture / rust

My 2 cents after 2 rounds. Big thanks to the Edel players on this thread for all of the insight that helped me think through going this very cost-intimidating route! I like the one length concept and just HAD to give it a go. Will keep working with it and see where it goes.

This was a much more comprehensive fitting than I received in purchasing the Sterlings. It's interesting that a few grams here and there mattered--you probably won't feel it, fortunately. I also like the fact that some of the lie angles were changed to fit you better, and that they made good recommendations for shafts and grips.

The SW will come around. You can always choke down on the shaft--I do and did with variable-length clubs. You can also open the clubface for more loft and spin. But you cannot do both without bringing the toe into play. I own a Sterling LW, but it just wasn't as useful as a traditional LW. I can hit sand shots with the Sterling SW, but I prefer my traditional LW (at 64 degrees).

The 4- and 5-irons will come around, too. At first it feels like you're hitting some little kid's club, but that soon goes away. Yes, you have to let go of trying to compensate for the shorter length--the clubhead does that--and concentrate on using the same swing. After all, that's why you got them, right? (And the advantage of getting more good strikes because of the shorter shaft.)

I've been considering going through the Edel experience, but it's hard to find a fitter where I live. I just might try harder because of your post. Thanks!

Here's a set fit for Bryson Dechambeau's grandad .... the George Nicoll Henry Cotton "One-Swing" irons from 1967 .. 3-iron to wedge ... intriguingly built on a 4-iron 38" length (as opposed to the modern thinking of 7 or 8 iron).

"Nothing new in golf ... " ... as they say ... :)

[i]"Don't play too much golf ... two rounds a day are plenty" [/i]

[b]Harry Vardon[/b] (1870-1937)

I think I've found a very hot head driving iron that I can get weighted up to 270 and bent up as much as I want.

Its the HS1 series, I've hit them before very hot heads and he said they can weight them and bend them as much as I like. If I could find a 2,3 and 4 iron that I can keep the same length as my other irons and actually hit it high and far like a normal lower lofted iron that would be the holy grail.

I thought the one length cobra utility heads were round 275grams or more. What was the drawback of those that has you like looking elsewhere? Sorry if you already said, must have missed it.

Edit:

Ill use that as a Segway, today at the range with the 4 and 5 utility was interesting. I warm up nicely with other clubs, and then grab the utilities. At first I was just awful. so I yell at myself and grab the 7 iron to make sure I have not just deteriorated for the day.after 30 successive really good 7 irons, I grabbed the 5 one-length and starting getting decent contact, but hard fades. natural shot, and what I was nicely grooving in this session in my shorter clubs, is a soft fade. So I start going for a soft draw. Hard fade. so I go for hard draw. in-between shots of shaky contact, I was getting well-struck soft fades.

I think maybe this thread would be a good spot for long iron single length swing specific swing discussion (http://www.golfwrx.c...the-long-irons/), but ill read through this one also and see what I find. but basically could not decide on ball position, attack angle, blah blah blah.

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

Here's a set fit for Bryson Dechambeau's grandad .... the George Nicoll Henry Cotton "One-Swing" irons from 1967 .. 3-iron to wedge ... intriguingly built on a 4-iron 38" length (as opposed to the modern thinking of 7 or 8 iron).

"Nothing new in golf ... " ... as they say ... :)

rich douglas pointed out earlier that golf started single length. Couldn't find info on it however, thats the oldest set I've seen so far. nice find.

edit: Not a wood club guy myself, but I assume any set of irons before 1924 would be single length?

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

My Forged Tec Blacks are due back from Cobra at the end of the week with the new shafts. Took a lesson last week that worked on grip and setup issues that immediately gave me some speed back (I had developed backswing issues last year that gave me all sorts of flat/stuck problems that killed my CHS). Really excited to get back to work with the new shafts (C Taper Lite) and the improved swing and start to groove my SLs. Also have a 4 utility on the way, as my relationship with the OL hybrid is a bit rocky.

Had a chance to stop by the store on lunch today, talking to the club guy was super interesting.

Basically he said clubs did not used to be necessarily single length, that when it was with wood shafts it was fit to the player. So maybe the Bobby two irons per Lengtn, maybe variable, etc.

Or at least he's never seen anything to indicate that it was for sure one way or the other.

The more interesting/devastating thing he said, is that I was on my own with my single length journey. He said cobra manufactures one length clubs not to be bent with the one length approach. This conversation came up because with my improved swing, I was testing my lie and we determined Should have it bent 4° upright (a potential culprit for the hard fades I had with the utility one lengths, which were even flatter but cannot be bent).

The fact that I'm sticking with P730s for my short irons makes that possible for those, but for driver through six iron, I'm basically going to have to make a franken-set, or see if Sterling or edel offer with specific lie angles.

He said Bryson had to have his custom made if they were able to be bent 10°, but he's happy to try if I am ready to kiss it goodbye.

In a video I was watching with cobra and Bryson (circa 2017) he sounded slightly dissapointed imo about his fairway wood situation. Seems I now feel his pain.

Still excited about trying single length, but it's about to be a whole thing :/

Anyone have experience with this?

Edit: Called my local club Champion, they said the edels could definitely be bent 4° upright, and that they might be able to get two or three out of the cobras, but can't guarantee 4.

Awesome that I have a fitter in town, I think I'll go check out prices over there. I also think maybe I'll keep an eye out for a crappy one length club to see the max lie bend possible

Had a chance to stop by the store on lunch today, talking to the club guy was super interesting.

Basically he said clubs did not used to be necessarily single length, that when it was with wood shafts it was fit to the player. So maybe the Bobby two irons per Lengtn, maybe variable, etc.

Or at least he's never seen anything to indicate that it was for sure one way or the other.

The more interesting/devastating thing he said, is that I was on my own with my single length journey. He said cobra manufactures one length clubs not to be bent with the one length approach. This conversation came up because with my improved swing, I was testing my lie and we determined Should have it bent 4° upright (a potential culprit for the hard fades I had with the utility one lengths, which were even flatter but cannot be bent).

The fact that I'm sticking with P730s for my short irons makes that possible for those, but for driver through six iron, I'm basically going to have to make a franken-set, or see if Sterling or edel offer with specific lie angles.

He said Bryson had to have his custom made if they were able to be bent 10°, but he's happy to try if I am ready to kiss it goodbye.

In a video I was watching with cobra and Bryson (circa 2017) he sounded slightly dissapointed imo about his fairway wood situation. Seems I now feel his pain.

Edit: Called my local club Champion, they said the edels could definitely be bent 4° upright, and that they might be able to get two or three out of the cobras, but can't guarantee 4.

Awesome that I have a fitter in town, I think I'll go check out prices over there. I also think maybe I'll keep an eye out for a crappy one length club to see the max lie bend possible

The Cobra forged one length bend like butter...

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

nooo. . . . . !

I was holding out hope that this was not another thing he said that was just flat wrong. down goes an idol.

So 4* no worries you think? And do you think there is a more forgiving option out there in long iron that can also be bent? (f8 one length maybe?)

I wish there was a way to get the one length hybrid upright. I was smacking that thing at the store.

nooo. . . . . !

I was holding out hope that this was not another thing he said that was just flat wrong. down goes an idol.

So 4* no worries you think? And do you think there is a more forgiving option out there in long iron that can also be bent? (f8 one length maybe?)

I wish there was a way to get the one length hybrid upright. I was smacking that thing at the store.

Call cobra directly and ask them. They are really easy to work with on stuff like this. Phone: (800) 917-3300, option 2

I have personally put the forged one lengths on a mitchell machine and moved them all over the place...very easy to bend.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

nooo. . . . . !

Call cobra directly and ask them. They are really easy to work with on stuff like this. Phone: (800) 917-3300, option 2

I have personally put the forged one lengths on a mitchell machine and moved them all over the place...very easy to bend.

good suggestion. thanks for your help man. their responses...

-they recommend letting them do the work (of course) because they will not scratch black finishes, etc.

-forged one length can be bent up to 4*

-f8 is cast, so 2* recommended cap

-Utilities CAN be bent. . . .but the loft will then be locked in place, no more adjustability. He seemed unsure of exact amount, but would air on the side of caution with a 2* cap.

-cannot bend the one length hybrids

so I guess f8 and utilities are out if I'm going for optimal lie angle. and the forged likely is not all that forgiving.

club champion advises I find a couple bendable driving irons and they build me a couple single lengths from that if I want my lie angle. this sounds annoying.

dunno. . . analysis paralysis at this point. someone tell me what to do lol. 4 options

-unforgiving(?) forged OL 4-6 (6 already on the way)

-play off-lie utilities/f8,

-bend other VL hybrids for 4 and 5 iron to match what I need,

-or build two new custom one lengths

stiff, wishon makes a one length hybrid that I believe can be bent =-4, same thing with his newer fairway woods, just putting that out there, also had a chance to hit the edels against my sterlings........Oh sweet jesus what a difference, just when I thought I was set along these came. the edels are just solid and aren't as intimidating as you think they would be, haven't got them out on course yet. Looks like the sterlings will be headed to bst or the bay

905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing

I agree with everything rohlio said. I play the black forged and have them bent 2-3* on many of them. When I ordered from cobra they said I could order any lie angle I wanted. They said I could do the whole set to one lie angle (like the original forged), or I could specify specific irons for certain degrees. I ordered them standard and had certain irons bent flat locally. And yes g-off, I'm wanting the edels bad too! I shot 71 yesterday with the blacks. Again, I don't need the edels, I just want them.

dunno. . . analysis paralysis at this point. someone tell me what to do lol. 4 options

The Forged One clubheads have an MOI reasonably close to that of the F7 One or F8 One. I wouldn't call them unforgiving. <shrug>

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

stiff, wishon makes a one length hybrid that I believe can be bent =-4, same thing with his newer fairway woods, just putting that out there, also had a chance to hit the edels against my sterlings........Oh sweet jesus what a difference, just when I thought I was set along these came. the edels are just solid and aren't as intimidating as you think they would be, haven't got them out on course yet. Looks like the sterlings will be headed to bst or the bay

This sounds awesome! his catalogue confused me. . . do u know what models are SL?

I agree with everything rohlio said. I play the black forged and have them bent 2-3* on many of them. When I ordered from cobra they said I could order any lie angle I wanted. They said I could do the whole set to one lie angle (like the original forged), or I could specify specific irons for certain degrees. I ordered them standard and had certain irons bent flat locally. And yes g-off, I'm wanting the edels bad too! I shot 71 yesterday with the blacks. Again, I don't need the edels, I just want them.

The most I can bend it on the website is 2*, do you know if they will do more than that if you call/go to a store? And I didn't ask the max that model could be bent, but that should be slightly more forgiving than the forged one model correct? good option!

The Forged One clubheads have an MOI reasonably close to that of the F7 One or F8 One. I wouldn't call them unforgiving. <shrug>

good to know, really helpful. That eases my mind, as I could hit p730 long irons reasonably well, so an moi close to f7/8 should be plenty forgiving.

So my updated plan:

-A one length hybrid sounds epic, gonna hold out hope its a real option. Will probably try one, as well as the bent forged one 6 iron decide from there

-If not, hopefully the forged 6 iron is forgiving and awesome. if so, ill just order a 4 and 5 forged. If it feels less forgiving than I prefer in long iron, ill try out a forged tec (assuming it can be bent that much).

I thought the one length cobra utility heads were round 275grams or more. What was the drawback of those that has you like looking elsewhere? Sorry if you already said, must have missed it.

Edit:

Ill use that as a Segway, today at the range with the 4 and 5 utility was interesting. I warm up nicely with other clubs, and then grab the utilities. At first I was just awful. so I yell at myself and grab the 7 iron to make sure I have not just deteriorated for the day.after 30 successive really good 7 irons, I grabbed the 5 one-length and starting getting decent contact, but hard fades. natural shot, and what I was nicely grooving in this session in my shorter clubs, is a soft fade. So I start going for a soft draw. Hard fade. so I go for hard draw. in-between shots of shaky contact, I was getting well-struck soft fades.

I think maybe this thread would be a good spot for long iron single length swing specific swing discussion (http://www.golfwrx.c...the-long-irons/), but ill read through this one also and see what I find. but basically could not decide on ball position, attack angle, blah blah blah.

I play single plane very upright so my lie angle is about 65 or 66. My goal is to have everything but the driver on the single same upright plane. For me moving back and forth with the flatter fairway woods and hybrids cause me issues.

WITB: 

Aerojet 10.5 Ventus 7S

Cobra Tec 17, 21, 24 hybrids

New Level 623 CB 5-PW

Mizuno S23 52, 56, 60

stiff-all the wishon sl gear is under the wishon sterling brand, hope this helps

Yea! Looks like irons only unfortunately.

I think I'll just pull trigger on forged tec 4&5, they look great. Hopefully they can bend 4*

I've been intrigued by single length irons for a while now and love the concept.

If I wanted to properly try a set out what would you guys recommend? If I went to somewhere like a Club Champion would they have more than just the 7 iron to try out? I know they are a certified Edel fitter.

Yes I have never been to a Club Champion but, if they are a certified Edel Fitter they should have the whole fitting cart-

stiff-all the wishon sl gear is under the wishon sterling brand, hope this helps

Yea! Looks like irons only unfortunately.

I think I'll just pull trigger on forged tec 4&5, they look great. Hopefully they can bend 4*

Regarding the Wishon stuff he has other head designs that are not under the Sterling label but can be modified to SL depending on what you need. With his bendable hosel in the woods and hybrids plus toe and hosel weight ports so you build them short, upright, and hopefully get the weight to where you need it.

Being components it's a cheap experiment if the Cobras don't work out.

Bag: Ping Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Driver: TM SIM2 Max 9* Hybrids: Cobra RAD Speed 19* & 25* Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60* Putter: SGC WB Northwood Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf